~The World Complex~ (Still Recruiting! Apply Within!)

Started by Crovonovin, May 19, 2010, 07:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinoraa

Name: Asoka Yamamoto

Class: Touched
Height: 5'9"
Build:  Athletic.
Eyes: Dark blue
Hair: Dark blue

Taken Spirit (History): Simon

Despite the shift, officer Yamamoto kept trying to keep the order. Now more then ever, as she seemed to be, the only one, who still gave a damn. Where ever she went, she'd see all kinds of messed up shit. Rape, murder, cannibalism. It was enough for her to give up, but that's not how she was raised. She just couldn't stand by, as she heard a woman, screaming out for help.

But by the time Asoka found the woman, she was already dead. No doubt she'd been killed for screaming out. A man was fucking her bloody dead body mearcilessly, while four of his friends, searched her belongings. Asoka didn't hesitate for a moment, opening fire on the gang imidietly. She'd killed three, starting with the man fucking the woman, and quickly moved over to his friends. But by now they were aware of her, and pulled their guns. She killed the forth man, when takeing a bullet to the stomach, only moments before she managed to kill the last man.

She'd been badly injured, and bleed out on the ground. It was then, as she dropped to her knees, she heard a voice. "My, my... You fucked, that one up royally!" A dark figure circled around her, but her vision was blurred from blood loss. She tried to speak, but all that would come, was cough's of blood. "Hey, better save your strength." "Who, the fuck are you?" She thought, and to her surprise, he answered. "Who am i? That is a very difficult question. I've gone by many names in my time. What i am however, is a spirit." Asoka chuckled, causing her to cough up even more blood. "Oh, great...Im already hallucinating..." "How come, every time i show myself, you humans, have to be so skeptical?"

"What do you want?" She asked, even tough she was not actually speaking, she had to struggle to bring up the words, as her entire world was growing, ever more dim. "I want to help you, my dear." He stepped up to her, and stroked her cheek. "You've fought so bravely, but your still needed." "Needed for what?" "This world." He said, looking away from her. "Its dieing...Now there isn't much i can do about that." He looked back at her, and moved his hand over hers.

"But I believe you can...And so, I'd like to make a deal." His touch seemed to bring her from the brink of death, at least for the moment. "Just what exactly are you proposing?" The man smiled, at the question. "I want you to save this world for me. I want you to bond with me, mind, body and soul. I'll give you power beyond your imagination. All you have to do, is seal the deal." There were silence for a minute. Asoka expected him to add something, or explain this "deal" in further detail. Although he obviously had nothing more to say. "What if i refuse?" She finally asked. "It shall be as if i was never here. You will die in a pool of your own blood,." He glanced over at the dead woman, for a moment "And your death would have been in vain." Asoka didn't trust this, not for a moment... But what was there to lose? Could this deal really be worse then dying? "I accept."

Powers and abilities: Asoka got all the average traits of a touched, enhanced speed, strength, and agility, but perhaps to a greater extent, as she was already a athlete by the time she got her powers. Her main powers lie within her blood. Shes capable of modifying her blood, and harden it to the point where it can compete with steel. She mainly use this in three different ways. By biting the tips of her fingers, she covers her hands in blood, forming sharp claw like weapons. The other use works like a bullet proof vest, by hardening her blood, she can reduce damage such as, bullets wounds, and cuts, into mere superficial wounds. And finally, shes capable of forcing her blood to race threw her body, throwing her into a adrenalin state, increasing her strength and speed. However the biggest weakness of her abilities, is that she does not posses a larger blood supply then the average person, meaning that she will quickly drain herself if she doesn't use her powers with care.

Esoteric Myobi

Name: Alanna "Maple" Smith
Class: Touched

Personality: At first glance, Maple seems to be an overly friendly and enthusiastic girl. Amazingly so when considering the current surroundings and situation as the world lies in shambles around her. Always cheery and smiling, she babbles constantly about random nonsense. Her first question upon meeting another person is always to inquire as to whether or not they had any sweets on them.

Upon closer observation, some find themselves wondering if perhaps the girl was actually experiencing a long series of nervous breakdowns. Even so, there are times when Maple shows an astonishing clarity in observations in the middle of her rambling. These comments go to show that perhaps the girl isn't a complete ditz as previously thought, after all, she had managed to somehow survive until now.

There are certain rare moments of lucidity when Alanna appears strangely calm and quiet. As opposed to the bubbly Maple, Alanna is rather reserved and almost always seems to be brooding. Her words are few but when spoken can seem demeaning and even unnerving at times. The occasions when she refers to herself as Alanna are few and far between and never seem to last very long, almost as if it were a short lapse of mood from the ever cheerful Maple.

Spirit "History": Soon after the second Shift, a lone Huli Jing happened upon a small group of stragglers that had been traveling together. Most of the group had managed to stay together with a small handful that had mysteriously disappeared overnight. Alanna had been found by these people as an unstable wreck and adopted by them. Unable to remember much of her past besides a spattering of random memories and images, she hung on to an absolute certainty of her name.

With the company of others, she slowly was able to communicate freely again and within a few weeks seemed as normal as any other given the circumstances. As she broke out of her broken shell, Alanna befriended another who was only a few years older than herself. Their relationship grew and eventually she was nicknamed 'Maple'. Why, she didn't know. Doesn't know.

When the Huli Jing spotted their group, its mischievous side flowed out wickedly. Small pranks of leading the unsuspecting away from the others, only to end up with twisted limbs at the bottom of a tangled mess of roots spreading across debris...to larger and more sinister tricks of whispering false promises in desperate ears and inciting violence amongst the group.

Alanna had watched with heavy heart and apathetic eyes as bodies of 'comrades' she had barely known were found in their short searches. Horrified surprise and confusion as tension flared between others, raised voices and accusations turning to violent outbursts and ultimately...death. The few weeks that had helped her to recover her shaken mind quickly began fraying at the edges once again.

It wasn't until her last confrontation with her friend that Alanna truly lost her mind once again. The sight of pure bloodlust and hate was shocking, the words had dug deep and hurt, but it was the look of surprise on her friend's face as bones and body were crushed by a sudden growing column of the new twisted surroundings that truly broke her. She'd lost her last and possibly only connection left.

Seeing the broken girl utterly shattered, wishing for nothing more than the cold embrace of death, the Huli Jing left feeling rather smug and satisfied but not without leaving her with one last remembrance of the incident. Until today, Alanna...Maple...still does not know whether or not her newfound ability was a curse to spite her or a blessing of guilt.

Abilities: All special abilities of any sort are neutralized within an arms reach of Alanna. This protects her from attacks from any offending spirits by suppressing them and weakening considerably (for the stronger entities) or warding them off altogether (for the smaller and weaker ghouls). However, the girl has no special abilities of any sort besides this 'shield' of hers and is rather helpless overall. 

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Crovonovin

Great to have you here Myobi!

And with that, I do believe we have everyone's character sheets, for those who have expressed interest.  The game starts later tomorrow, so anyone else who I've forgotten has until then to get one in!

For anyone joining after tomorrow, I request that any new characters introduced be "normal" human beings.  If one of the original members drops out for any reason, then I'll allow that space to be filled by a new Touched or Weighted.

Esoteric Myobi

Looks like I made it just in time then =)

Though I'm still catching up with all the posts...last time I checked this thread was still on its first page x.X;

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Crovonovin

Just had a bit of a pick up in interest, that's all!

Don't worry, this roleplay will not move so fast that anyone will be left behind.  I'm going to give everyone the chance to post at least once, and then we'll continue from there.  To make things a bit less crowded, I'm going to split the current roster into two groups that will meet up later down the line.  Once each group has been formed, they may each continue at their own pace depending on the posting speed of the players involved.  At the beginning, you will only really have to concern yourself with the posts from your group, which will be marked accordingly.  You can of course read up on what the other group is doing, but I don't want anyone to get overwhelmed if one group is moving faster than the other.

I hope that's not confusing!  I can be notoriously awful at explaining things sometimes.

While we're on this subject, I'd like to request that all the participating players post here how often they're likely to be posting.  That way I might split the groups up according to timezones or posting speed right off the bat.

ChaoticSky

once a day, two days max... if the posts are of reasonable* length  :P

more often if they are shorter

*multipara

Latooni Subota

Shihong, you know as well as I do that I'm online forever. Assuming I notice a thread has been updated, I post. :3
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

NosCorventius

I am a usually able to post about once a day on all my threads but because I have children and a disabled wife as well as work sometimes Its a little longer between posts. So I would say once every other day for sure barring major disaster. M strikes me as a man of few words though so...I don't expect it to be a huge issue anyways. Even without a lot of dialogue though, my posts are always fair sized.

Esoteric Myobi

Uhm, I'm sure you already know that I take my time posting...but I've been trying for at least once a week for all my threads. A few get responses quicker or more often...it really depends for me. As in the post length, how easily that character flows for me...my forever missing muse...~.~;;

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

CrazyIvan

I am basically on almost all of the day and post when I can, which is at least once in each game I am in. Though some games I can post more then that and that depends on how active the other people are.

MMTwo

Okay here I go, after the wave of super-powered people! Good thing I was going to be normal anyway.

Let me know if anything needs help.

Name: Carl Jones "CJ" White
Type: Normie

Personality: Gruff and annoyed, CJ can be the giant teddy bear to a select few. He is willing to argue with anyone, anytime, going out of his way to protect himself and those around him if he suspects a plan is going to go south. CJ seems quick to aggression, and even quicker to distrust someone, especially the 'weighted' that taint the world around him. But he does have a soft spot, specifically for the weak and soft. Anybody that he thinks can't defend themselves have an easier time making him drop his guard. Though considering how misleading appearance can be these days, puppydog eyes aren't quite enough.

History: Before the shift CJ was not a soldier, not an agent, not an officer. He was one man among many, working moving boxes in a dusty warehouse in urban America. There was no mysterious lineage, no chance of future success. Quite the opposite, life was bleak, and for as far as CJ cared, life was already over. The only light in CJ's life was his girl, and his younger sister. They were things to come home to, his reason to keep working, keep safe, and wake up every morning.

All that changed with the first shift. CJ's life was torn to shreds, his neighborhood was a maze of houses fused on top of factories. Life became a game of survival, nights up late fighting off the insane, mornings bartering with strangers for a simple meal. But the girls were safe, for the time being. In that twisted world, all he could count on was a pair of smiling faces that faded as the months went on. Things were still okay though, they were alive, and all together.

It wasn't until the second shift that CJ's life truly transformed. That day, as the concrete labryinth around them opened up, CJ's lady was taken away from him by the shifting world. He found himself along with his younger sister, seemingly far away from any building he had ever known. It was a month or so before he was able to accept that she was simply gone.

Then his sister was taken, not by the shift itself, but seemingly by some creature of the complex. He was stirred from his sleep to find his sister being dragged away into the nothingness. After that all his cares, his kindness, were shoved aside. He went on a wanton journey through the complex, looking for any sign he could of his little sister. Any strange being he destroyed by any means he could, weighted that couldn't give him a hint about his sister were as good as dead. The only people CJ would work with, were those equally willing to clear the complex of demons and monsters, the soldiers and officers of the fallen world. Slowly a warehouse worker was chiseled into a hunter.

Even that burnt away in time, leaving a man who simply wanders. Searching everywhere he can for some little hint to the location of his lost girls. Feel sorry for those that slow him down, hell to those that stand in his way.

Skills: Besides being fairly well built, and of good height, CJ's skills are only recently learned. His tough nature allows him a lot of leeway in a fight, but he tends to rely on the pure damage of weaponry and explosives, along with a good kick in any weakpoint he can see. CJ is known for practicality over genius, plans that are too clever or complicated are thrown away if punching something will solve the problem. He's also gained an okay level of skill with small arms, and anything that'll serve as a club.

Posting Rate: Every day, every other day if slowed by something.

Crovonovin

You are more than approved, MMTwo!  I'm absolutely enthralled by the character, and I think that CJ will really help to ground the rest of the group in reality. 

And welcome to the site, by the way!  If you could just tell me how often you're available to post, I'll be able to better fit you into a group that will move at a pace you're comfortable with.

MMTwo

Right. Edited it in. But I range from multiple times a day to every other day if things get slow. The next few days might be slow cause I have 4 essays due, but everything should clean up after that.

And moreso, thank you.

Latooni Subota

Sidenote: I want CJ in my team! :O

-Climbs all over MMTwo- Mine, ya hear me? Mine! :3
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

ChaoticSky

its the All-Seeing Waif of Doom! Run!

MMTwo

It always feels good to be wanted. Ha

CrazyIvan

wonders who he is going to be a in a group with.

Crovonovin

For the rest of today I'll be going over some details and ironing things out, so any last minute additions can still jump in if they want to.

As we currently have nine characters, I may split the initial groups down into an even more manageable 3x3x3.  If there are any objections to this, I'll just have the groups be 4x5 like I'd planned.

NosCorventius

I think 3s would be great. That way you can put one of us Odds in each group. IE the occultist in one, the nullifier in another, and the chaos roller in another. Thus our powers wont counter act and mess with the others right away and it will be a bigger bang when they do finally meet. Just my thoughts on the subject.

CrazyIvan

I agree with Nos on this I like the 3x3x3 and splitting up of the occultist, the nullifier, and chaos roller spread around the odd ones. Still wonders who he might be with because he is both good, evil, and a little gray at times.

Crovonovin

Alright!  Barring any last minute additions, I believe I have the groups set up nicely.  Tell me what you think.  I'll try and have both the Game Thread and OOC up later this evening.

Group 1:

Shihong (Benjamin Marston) (The Living Suit)
Darkling (Kelly Avorn) (The Wild Card)
Latooni Subota (Alice Tokunaga) (The Ultimate Eye)

Group 2:

Vergil1989 (Mathias Zakos) (The Lust Demon)
NosCorventius (Mathias Penn: AKA: ‘M’) (The Occultist)
sinoraa (Asoka Yamamoto) (The Blood Mage)

Group 3:

CrazyIvan (Michael Shepard) (The Altruist, the Pragmatist, and the Hedonist)
Esoteric Myobi (Alanna “Maple” Smith) (The Nullifier)
MMTwo (Carl Jones “CJ” White) (The Survivalist)

Vergil1989

Coolness, I can't wait lol.  Thanks for such an awesome idea Shihong.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

ChaoticSky

works for me, i figured benjamin and kelly would get along well. kelly is friendly, if alittle off her nut, and being unflappable means she wont be scared off by his outfit :P. alice is scared-ish of men, and again, kelly is friendly, hopefully she wont be too put off by the chaotic taint.

Crovonovin

Exactly my train of thought for the first group.

For Group 2, I put who I felt to be the heaviest hitters together.  The two Mathias's balance each other out rather nicely, and I think that sinoraa's cop would get along well with the Occultist due to his own personal sense of justice.  There will certainly be some conflict, and I'm eager to see how it will play out.

For Group 3, I felt that it was important for CJ and Maple to be together.  The latter could use some protection, and CJ seems like the sort of person that would be willing to do just that.  Additionally, while he clearly distrusts those with powers (with good reason), her power to Nullify the abilities of Touched and Weighted is one power that he would likely consider very useful.  As for Michael, Maple can help him to collect his thoughts by suppressing his two other personalities if the need arises. 

CrazyIvan

Michael would definitely like to hang around Maple and protect her as well, after all she helps him remain just a little bit more sane. As for CJ it is nice to travel with someone normal as he likes people, it is just hard for him at times. I like the groups and I can't wait to get started.