The Furies (Pathfinder; Harem-esque)

Started by Lunar Raven, November 29, 2015, 07:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunar Raven

In a savage era, seemingly without shelter from danger and oppression, one Warlord
and his four sorcerous knights rise above the chaos to bring peace and hope to the world.
During that rise, they changed the lives of four women who had lost everything.

Binding their fates to his, either because of love or duty or ambition,
they grew powerful and immortal, and in time hoped to replace his masked knights
who served as his lieutenants, envoys, and lovers.
Together, these nine brought peace to the world, uniting it,
and the warlord became Emperor over this utopia.
Then it all began to go wrong.

The man who was once a benevolent monarch, turned into a dictator of the worst kind
and his celestial knights became his Furies.
Atrocity followed atrocity, and a tyrant soon became a madman.
His eyes became set not only on what he had built,
but on the world, the planes, the gods, time and space iteself.
And then he became an Un-god with the power to do so.

The four women fought back, beating back his legions and summoned creatures.
They invaded his citadel and came face to face with The Furies.
Then came the Revelation.

The Furies were unmasked and the four women and stared into their own faces;
older, scared by the years, and much more powerful.
Revelation without enlightenment and no answers.
Outmatched and outclassed, the Emperor completed his plans.

As time and space were rent asunder,
they worked great and terrible spells to save themselves.
And so they went back.
To the beginning.

Is it a chance to make things right?
A chance to to change things for the better?
Or is it merely a cruel perpetuation of a cycle?
Can one escape fate and thus defy the tyrannous stars?

Another month another Pathfinder game, lol.  Well, the above gives the general premise behind the idea for this game.  For now, I'm just going to check if this gets any traction before moving on to development.  The following are some points of clarification as to ideas I had for the game, just to give those so interested a general idea of what I'm looking for and what to expect:

• Harem-esque: A bit conceited I know, but I don't want this to be so much a sex-fest with everything focussed on pleasing the male character so much as I'd like to explore the various relationships and dynamics at play between all the individuals, and how it affects the way they handle the challenges and trials that come their way.  On topic, not every encounter needs to be a group one and not necessarily with lead male all the time, every time.

• Pregenerated Characters: In loosest sense of the term.  There are some pictures I'm really hoping people will fancy as their avatar as well as few key elements that define the character, but other than those, players can determine how they'd like to build the characters.  I'm not picky on RL gender, so Male players can also apply for roles if they think they can carry it off and it's something they're interested in.  I initially thought of just allowing a free building of characters as is usually the case, but I figured that to maintain a game I'll be GMing, I'm also looking to have a few things of interest even if that risks not getting any players at all.

• Story vs. Smut: I'm aiming for something like 40% character development, 40% story, and 20% sex.  Basically, I want to develop a strong story of which sex and sensuality is a part of it, rather than sex sex sex and a bit of story clinging on for the ride.  As well, despite the seriousness/grimness of the plot outline suggested above, there's plenty of opportunities for light-hearted moments.

• Character Build: The starting level will be somewhere between 1st to 3rd.  Tiers of play will eventually make use of the Mythic rule-set.  Over the course of play, characters will have customised variations of the Half-Celestial/Fiend applied to them piece by piece (rather than the whole template at once).  Characters will also have a unique piece of signature equipment, if I can prep it in time.

• Adventures: Fairly varied from what I'm thinking, but then this is also globe-trekking; saving the village, dark forests and grim castles, swashbuckling on the high seas, planar rifts and tears - all up for grabs.

• Overarching Themes: Intrigue, conspiracies, a war between demons and devils inflamed by the celestial realms, and malevolent powers that dwell in the darkness between the stars...

And so with these things out of the way, let's proceed to the make-or-break section - the Heroines:

THE HEROINES

The top of each section consists of pictures that are currently catching my interest for the character to be moulded upon, though I willing to entertain others as suggested - no point in forcing yourself to play a certain image if you like the role, but not the image.

Followed by a few brief thoughts I had for the characters, though nothing too solid.  This includes alignments, possible races, and classes.

ELEGANT BEAUTY

Something of an asian-oriented theme, with a distinct martial flair.  Probably the most martially inclined of the four.
Regal, reserved, dutiful, flirtatious or teasing at times, single-minded dedication.
In terms of 'True Companions', she probably ranks as truest of the true.

Suggested Alignment: LG, LN, NG
Suggested Race: Half-elf, Human, Vanara (with human appearance)
Suggested Classes: Cavalier, Cavalier (Samurai archetype), Ninja, or Slayer

EXOTIC BEAUTY

Another year and my love-affair with DSBs* goes unabated. ~sigh~
I'm thinking an Ishtar-like individual with splashes of Aphrodite.  Outwardly standoff-ish, passionate inside.
A fierce warrior that occasionally has surprisingly girlish moments.

Suggested Alignment: CG, CN, N
Suggested Race: Aasimar, Human, Sulis
Suggested Classes: Bard (Dervish archetype), Bloodrager, Kineticist, or Warpriest

MYSTERIOUS BEAUTY

The one that always keeps people guessing; the Lady of Mystery (is she a Lady?).
Maybe someone with a secret agenda, or just lives for today.  Peace maker between her comrades.
Although the group is generally cohesive, she can be the one that generally be considered as the glue.

Suggested Alignment: LN, N, NE
Suggested Race: Any human-looking.
Suggested Classes: Alchemist, Cleric, Mesmerist, or Occultist

TAINTED BEAUTY

The essence of this character is that of an outcast because of her tainted humanity, which caused others to fear her as an omen.  Good girl gone bad.
Highest ambition, and most manipulative of the four.  I'm thinking someone dedicated to Lovecraftian powers (the Dark Tapestry in this case).

Suggested Alignment: CN, LE, NE
Suggested Race: Changeling, Dhamphir, Kitsune, Tiefling
Suggested Classes: Arcanist, Oracle, Psychic, or Witch

Whatever disparate outlooks they may have, these four women can acknowledge that their destinies are intertwined and will stick together through thick and thin, even if they might disagree on the methods of achieving their aims - they've survived the end of the world together after all - they're a team.  Although quite powerful in their time, they lost a lot of that potence in the transition back, and their memories are generally intact though specific details are difficult to recall.  In terms of the time jump back, it's nearly 1,000 years; centuries before any of them have yet to be born, yet this is - surprisingly - the period when the madman they knew rises from simple warrior to warlord.

Although it may be a potentially world saving option to kill him and save the world, for the purposes of this game, it can be assume that they shouldn't take that path... yet.  Perhaps its too much on the conscience to kill someone who's still quite innocent and idealistic; maybe there's still some lingering affection; perhaps they don't know how bad the repercussions of doing so might be; maybe they want to find out what led them on the path of nihilism; maybe they believe that with enough effort they can change things for the better.  Stuff like that.

If any of the characters appeal to you, you are invited to padded them out and create a background and fuller persona for them, as well as choose some of the mentioned options for them, including preferred starting level.  If other people have submitted different characters, it would be advisable to see if you can coordinate with them to detail a history together; the more the merrier!

If there's enough interest for this (this game can start with a minimum of 2 characters), I'll post up the specifics of character creation soon after.  Characters will not be chosen on a first-come-first-served basis.

Feel free to ask questions or voice concerns.  Thanks for reading this far!

The character sheet is here.  Don't worry yourself if someone else has chosen the same archetype beauty as you've set your eyes on.  Choices haven't been made yet and everything can be considered rather fluid at this point.

Character Name and any Nickname

Gender: Female, Crossdresser/Transexual (note that only up to two of the latter will be considered)
Model: The Elegant, Exotic, Mysterious, or Tainted
Alignment: Alignment Here; Race: Race here
Class: The class in which your character will have the most levels in (after multiclassing)

Physical Description: Describe your character's appearance here.  Avoid clothing descriptions and focus more their actual physique and face and any quirks, as clothing is apt to change over time.

Personality: Personality here

Background:  Things you could include are early life/origins, defining/life-changing moments; how she met up with the warlord and what was done that left such a huge impression; her ambitions and wishes; what she felt she was most valued for during her service; the proudest personal accomplishment/mission achieved before he fell from grace (achievable by someone of a character level at about 15th); how she felt about fighting against her former lord; how she felt when confronted with the fact that The Furies turned out to be older versions of themselves all along; what her thoughts are about their current predicament.

One thing to remember is that none of the women have been intimate with the emperor before now.  In addition, don't worry about the exact world you build for the future - you may be as vague or specific about things as you want.  Put simply, you have full creative control over it, and specific facts may be reconciled at a later point.

[float=right][img height=300 padding=5]httpHere[/img][/float][font=impact][size=18pt]CharacterNameHere[/size][/font][hr]

[b]Gender:[/b] Gender
[b]Model:[/b] Model
[b]Alignment:[/b] Alignment; [b]Race:[/b] Race
[b]Class:[/b] Class
[b]Age:[/b] AgeHereInYears

[b]Physical Description:[/b] Physical

[b]Personality:[/b] Personality[hr]

[b]Background:[/b]  Background

SAMPLE CHARACTER
Fillout example
Kanna 'The Wrath' Ulmar

Model: The Exotic
Alignment: CG; Race: Sulis
Class: Bard (Dervish Archetype)

Physical Description: Kanna is a statuesque woman of proud posture.  The bright golden locks of her hair contrast with her bronzed form and accentuate the turquoise of her eyes, whilst her generous bust and the curves of her body add a certain degree of sensuality to her otherwise aloof manner.  Standing at 5' 9", she tall for a woman, which, combined with her looks, almost never fails to draw attention wherever she goes.  For those who have seen her without clothes, they would know she has a slavers brand on her left hip and that the hair on her loins is as golden as that on her head.

Personality: Kanna's temper is about as cool as her appearance suggests.  She tends to speak her mind, but only when asked for her opinion, otherwise she prides herself on getting whatever task she is set accomplished.  In private, or among close friends, she a bit less reserved and more prone to acts of friendship.  She places high value on her body and will only ever be nude in private or among her sisters-in-arms; anyone else who sees her thus is due to see her shy and mortified, shortly followed by a stern beating that may take them weeks to recover from.

Her interest in most things is slight, but when something does catch her attention, she throws herself into it completely and without thought for the consequences.

Background:  Kanna was due for the life of a minor, but pampered noblewoman in her sultanate before desert raiders tore her from that life and set the shackles of slavery upon her.  Her beauty and seemingly perpetual youth subsequently became her curse as she has known the unsolicited touch of man and the weight of his body upon hers many times over decades years, which caused her to withdraw into herself to escape the torments of her life.  She did not hope for escape, knowing that the world was too cruel to provide such a reprieve.

Yet escape came one night amidst fire and slaughter, and she found herself looking up at a cloaked figure who seemed to pay her no heed as her newest captors were herded before him on their knees, where they begged for their lives.  The man assured them he would not kill them, but then came to her cage and smashed the lock.  He embeded his own sword in the sands before her and said: "But I can't say the same for her."  And he left.  Somehow, after she had butchered her abusers, she managed to track him and the four masked companions he travelled with.  Though he turned her away, claiming she owed him nothing, she was determined to pay her debts and followed doggedly until he acknowledged her.

Over the years, Kanna has fought constantly at her Lord's side, seeing him bleed alongside his comrades to achieve his aims of fixing the world and casting down the corrupt, and that he never tried to touch her as other men had, made her come to desire it at last.  In turn, she provided absolute loyalty to his vision of the world, that he might see her as a woman at last rather than one of his warriors.  Thus, it was a dark day when the person she admired the most began to slip into darker purposes,  She weathered this at first, convincing herself that these were necessary evils that needed to be done for the greater good, but it became obvious that there was no greater good to be had.  That she could not divine why he had so changed was the most bitterly infuriating thing in her life, making her realise an old axiom: "Admiration is the furthest thing from understanding."

Together with her battle sisters, it was agreed that they had stop him before he caused great tragedy, and she knew that before they got to him, they would have to get past the his four knights, who Kanna had started to believe were responsible for his corruption).  Over the various battles and intrigues they waged to get to him, Kanna became more and more convinced of this until it was an undisputed truth in her mind.  Then they assaulted the citadel and unmasked the Furies.  To face the fact that she was, or would become one of those women, was a bitter reversal.  She contemplated that the other was some sort of doppelgänger, but her Fury knew her in a way that no one else could or should.  Then reality buckled and tore itself apart - they had wasted too much time.  Everything after became a blur of desperate action.

When she awoke again, it was a surprise to be alive.  To have come back so far in time left her feeling alienated from everything she knew, but there was also a strange foreboding in the back of her mind; something that came to pass when they encountered the Emperor again in a time before he was so.  That he was actually alive so far back was also a shock, but it made Kanna resolved to find out what she could, convinced that when the time comes, she can save him from the monster he seems fated to become, whilst secretly avoiding thinking about the monster she seems fated to become.  Even though evidence suggests otherwise, she desperately wants to believe that this is a second chance (or is it a third?) to try and make it right.

BUILD GUIDE

• Use of Points-Buy for ability scores, with 25 points to spend.
  • Starting character level at 6th.
  • Maximum of 2 character traits.
  • +2 inherent bonus to any one Ability Score of choice.
  • This will be a minimal magic item campaign – the focus being on the characters – refer to the Automatic Bonus Progression page for more info.  The bonuses gained are equal to their level.
  • At every level (including first) characters gain 2 bonus skill points that can only be spent on the following skills; Appraise, Artistry, Craft, Handle Animal, Knowledge (engineering), Knowledge (geography), Knowledge (history), Knowledge (nobility), Linguistics, Lore, Perform, Profession, and Sleight-of-Hand.  Further info can be found on the Background Skills page.
  • All characters begin with 7,000 gp worth of equipment.  Purchased magic items may only be selected from Wondrous Items, Wands, Potions, and Scrolls, no one of which is worth more than 3,000 gp.
  • Full Hp at 1st level.  1/2 of maximum Hp die +1 at subsequent levels (i.e. 4 for d6s, 5 for d8s, etc...)

TIME LINE

• +420: Valdis and his Knights defeat an ancient blue dragon that was threatening to subjugate the impoverished Kingdom of Imirgor.  It being their first real call to fame.  Valdis uses the immense dragon hoard to rebuild Imirgor.
  • +431: Valdis leaves Imirgor in the hands of a regent and leaves northward eventually coming to the Gelgorian Mountain Range.  Some months later, the region is afire with news of he and his group defeated an awful evil deep beneath the mountains.
  • +441 to 503: Maidens found over this period.
  • +547: After nearly 45 years chasing rumours and meticulously tracking down various artifacts, chiefly the Moaning Diamond, several of the Orbs of Dragonkind, and the Codex of Infinite Planes, Valdis returns to Imirgor and takes the crown, becoming King.
  • +549: Valdis begins his campaign to subdue the territories surrounding Imirgor, either by diplomacy, craft, or conquest.
  • +722: After adding nearly 8 kingdoms and numerous Free Cities to his holdings, Valdis declares himself the monarch of the Empire of Aldor.  Leaving the Empire in the care of his Knights and the Four, Valdis heads west, presumably back into the ancestral lands of his birth.  Several months later, he returns with a train of dozens of caravans, the first of many over a period of several years.  From the supplies of these wagon trains, Valdis introduces technology to the people of Aldor.
  • +789: Valdis isolates himself and sets to work on creating his own artifact – the Sihedron.
  • +791: The Sihedron is completed.  Valdis, uses the armies of Aldor, augmenting them with robotic soldiers and shock troops to subdue the Empires enemies, adding their lands to Aldor.
  • +834: The first rebellions begin to fire up within Aldor as the Emperor seems to ignore his responsibilities towards his Empire.  As more rebellions flare up, they are savagely put down.  Without justification or trial, Valdis has all the governors of the Aldor's various provinces brought to the capital and executed.
  • +977: Rebellion of the Four (a.k.a. your characters)
  • +1000: End of Existence
Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

Blue Leah

I would adore the chance to play a Bloodrager. I have a few concepts for the class I have been dying to try.

Muse

ooh!  :)  May I play?  This sounds awesome. 

*EDit* 

Maybe teh eleegent beauty--as a samurai (or monk with a katana?) or the mysterious beauty as an alchemist or cleric. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Chulanowa

Lunar Raven

Hi guys!  Thank you for showing interest in this.  Frankly, I wasn't even expecting any this early (in the past, elsewhere, pregen chars have not really attracted that much interest).  If you have a rough concept for the character you'd like to play, go ahead and type a out a fictional background and flesh out the personality a little bit (even if you're interested in more than one character).  Even if the backgrounds contradict, they can always be reconciled later.

Idea & Request Thread

Chulanowa

Question: How does character creation work? We doing point buy or what?

Lunar Raven

At this point in time, I'm envisioning using the point-buy with 25 points to spare.  As I mentioned before, though, this shouldn't be too much of a priority right now, as I'm more interested to see the creative talent of prospective players.

Idea & Request Thread

LSWSjr

Whilst not so keen on the pictures, I have a character in the works, a once human adventurer turned into a creature similar to a squole rules-wise.

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

LSWSjr

I've been thinking she might take on any of these roles, as her transformation represents what she's lost :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
"The true price of my immortality, has been outliving my children" - Kassey LeHane

http://lswsjr.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=/ - the Home of my SFW art commissions
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/LSWSjr - the Home of my NSFW art commissions

Blinkin

I don't have a problem with pre-generated character concepts; one of my most beloved characters was a pre-generated character that was handed to me... The tone seems to be mainly eastern in nature and I'm not sure that any of the classes that I usually prefer to play would fit. Other not being able to see the images, I'm not sure that I know enough to actually produce a character bio to fit the setting.

I'm also confused about the levels, did you mean to say that the level will be set individually, or that the players would choose the level of the characters

Would you consider an european type half-elf LN swashbuckler for the mysterious lady?
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Chulanowa

Another question - must characters be genetic females? What is the possibility of a very feminine trap-type character in one of the roles?

Muse

I'm not sure I know what a 'feminine trap-type' character is? 

It sounds like you mean a cross dresser who goes out of her way to embarrass people by lying about their gender. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Blinkin

I'm not up on all of the slang anymore Muse, but I think it's a tans-sexual. In a fantasy setting, probably using magic toslowly transform. I'm not sure how liberally minded a warlord would be about his sexuality to embrace a male pretending to be female into his bed, but hey... who knows.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Lunar Raven

Thanks for all the questions guys.  Right; by order of mention:

Quote from: LSWSjr on November 30, 2015, 04:01:14 AM
Whilst not so keen on the pictures, I have a character in the works, a once human adventurer turned into a creature similar to a squole rules-wise.

I've been thinking she might take on any of these roles, as her transformation represents what she's lost :)

Cheers
Rowan/LSWSjr
Feel free to come up with the general concept and post her up and we can see what archetype beauty she'd best fit under!

Quote from: Blinkin on November 30, 2015, 10:28:27 AM
I don't have a problem with pre-generated character concepts; one of my most beloved characters was a pre-generated character that was handed to me... The tone seems to be mainly eastern in nature and I'm not sure that any of the classes that I usually prefer to play would fit. Other not being able to see the images, I'm not sure that I know enough to actually produce a character bio to fit the setting.

I'm also confused about the levels, did you mean to say that the level will be set individually, or that the players would choose the level of the characters

Would you consider an european type half-elf LN swashbuckler for the mysterious lady?
Technically only one of the girls lean towards a more eastern slant of things (the Elegant one), so the others more open.  If you've got a particular type of woman in mind for the game that doesn't match those put above, feel free to post her up and we can see how well she'd fit in.  As you correctly mentioned to me by PM, if you don't try, you won't know  :-)

As for the exact starting level, as I mentioned, it will be anything from 1 - 3.  I haven't decided on the exact starting number yet, but I'm open to having players suggest to me at what level they'd like to start and then I'll make up my mind about that.

The mysterious lady was one I was hoping would be fulfilled more a sort of support-primary, combat-secondary character, but even so, I'm open to allowing myself to be convinced otherwise.  I realise the swashbuckler is a big want of yours (seen it posted elsewhere  ;D), though I would like (but not insist) that the full on martial combat role be fulfilled by Elegant one (who is purely martial based).  I've been scouring around for a few other swashbuckler-type classes and wondered if I might point you in the direction of the Mesmerist with the Vexing Daredevil archetype, which is sort of like the swashbuckler but with some magical capability and lots of feint feats.  If it's not to your taste, don't worry, we can just work at your swashbuckler  ;D

Quote from: Chulanowa on December 01, 2015, 01:31:25 AM
Another question - must characters be genetic females? What is the possibility of a very feminine trap-type character in one of the roles?
Certainly, I'm something of a fan myself.  Initially, I was prepared to allow up to one such character in, meant to fall into the category of the mysterious (hence why I noted in the description - Is she a Lady - though I now realised I should have said, Is she even a 'Lady').

Quote from: Muse on December 01, 2015, 01:53:02 AM
  I'm not sure I know what a 'feminine trap-type' character is? 

It sounds like you mean a cross dresser who goes out of her way to embarrass people by lying about their gender. 
Quote from: Blinkin on December 01, 2015, 02:01:26 AM
I'm not up on all of the slang anymore Muse, but I think it's a tans-sexual. In a fantasy setting, probably using magic toslowly transform. I'm not sure how liberally minded a warlord would be about his sexuality to embrace a male pretending to be female into his bed, but hey... who knows.
My personal take on Traps are a flat-chested girl with male parts instead of female ones, since the vast majority look practically female.  I think crossdresser is closer to the mark rather than transexual, given as transsexuals tend to have done the operation to have breast implants.  Of course, in a magical world, that's a little less clear...  :P

Idea & Request Thread

Blinkin

I've never really considered the Swashbuckler class to be a full-on fighter, but I can see the direction it would come from. My plans were to give her some roguish abilities; getting into places that people shouldn't go, some charasma based skills and keep the character mobile rather than a stand and fight type. Depending on starting level, I also wanted to add in a level of bard (Archaeologist?) for the minor buffing potential and further diversify the range a bit. With the skill points and playing a half-elf, it won't quite be a skill monkey, but can do the talking and a little supportive magic.

The issue that comes up in Eastern classes is that I've never been a fan of the Eastern classes. I'm willing to work with you though and I'll have to look at the classes suggested. I don't know much about the alternative and it looks like Chew is aiming for the mysterous Beauty as it is.

Ideally, for a level in Bard, I would love 4th level, but at least 2nd would do to build the character. I suppose that I could switch things up and do bard with a level of Swashbuckler for the flavor even.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

Now I'm confused.  Is the elegant beauty still available? 

Lunar Raven

Hmmm, as far as I've seen, I don't think anyone else has posted for it.  Right now, the main one appears to be the Mysterious one.  That being said, even if someone else expressed interest in it, anyone is free to post for the spot - the spot isn't gone until I announce who wins the post.  I'm working on a descriptive character sheet right format right now, and what I'm looking for is the details posted therein.

Watch this space.

Idea & Request Thread

Lunar Raven

Preliminary character sheet is up.  Look to the OP post to find it.

Idea & Request Thread

LSWSjr

Jennifer 'Jenn' Corrs

Model: Exotic/Mysterious/Tainted Beauty
Alignment: NG; Race: Slime (formerly human)
Class: Druid

Physical Description: Jennifer is a five foot tall mass of blue-green and brown slime, vaguely in the form of a human woman.  The form has functional arms, however its lower torso is without definition and meets the floor in a puddle of slime.  Jennifer's green eyes are still visible, positioned at the 'head' of the mass, and are the only element not composed of slime.

Personality: Jennifer is perhaps the most active of the furies: doing whatever is necessary to make sure her Emperor has the information and resources needed to maintain his rule; and also takes the emotional well-being of her 'sisters' very seriously, working with the same dedication to make sure they are at their best.

Jenn is defined by doing whatever she feels is best for the 'greater good', even if it leads her to unsavory acts, as she quickly learned that showing mercy can sometimes lead to your undoing.  In combat, she prefers to subdue opponents, with the interest of gaining further information and possibly recruiting them to her master's cause.

Background: Jennifer struggles to remember much of her life before the 'incident' with only faint memories of her past: names, faces and events without connection or meaning; and her attempts at finding any answers only led to opposition resulting from her new form.  For years she continued to stumble, somewhat blindly through her new existence, often having to defend herself from those she came in contact with, which wasn't helped by the somewhat destructive properties her body now possessed.

The attrition from the constant abuse and failures bore their weight down on her and Jenn accepted that she would never reclaim more than a shred of who she once was, forever a monster in the eyes of others.  Eventually giving up entirely when she found herself encircled by the latest gathering of adventurers; however before they could slay the foul beast another interviewed, her Saviour, who claimed she was a harmless creation of his which had lost its way and who offered to pay a handsome reward for finding her, which was readily accepted.

It was this great and powerful man who gave her purpose, who accepted her for what she had become; and as the years passed Jenn would do all she could to repay her Emperor for that moment of kindness, for in her eyes he was a Saint... even at his worst.

Muse

Does anyone know a monk archetype or feat that allows them to use a katana? 

Lunar Raven

I'm going to assume you mean Katana + Flurry and not simply taking Exotic Weapon Proficiency (katana), lol.

Between you and me, you're not the only person to have sought out that Holy Grail; why when I was a young smeet... but I digress  ::)

Bluntly, it doesn't exist.  Pretty sure of it.  But let me look over some options and see what deal I can cut you to make it happen.  ;)

@LSWSjr: Just to note, a monk can only ever be Lawful in alignment.  Also, was it the exotic beauty you wanted? (or did you make a switch?)

Idea & Request Thread

Blinkin

Well shit... I gave up on mysterous Beauty because I thought a couple of people wanted it. Right after sending in a profile for Exotic Beauty, someone's already submitted an.... ummm... exotic beauty.

Anyway, what the helll, here's mine

Catherine Sunkissed

Model: ??
Alignment: Lawful Neutral; Race: Half-Elf
Class: Bard 2/Swashbuckler 1

Physical Description: Standing at an impressive 5’8, Catherine is a strikingly beautiful woman with long, sun-kissed blonde hair  that falls in soft curls to below her shoulders; accentuating an oval face dominated by bright amber eyes and full, kissable lips. Straight, coal-colored eyebrows and a narrows are set off in a darkly tanned, nearly latino complexion.

A long, slender neck, feminine shoulders and perky, full breasts, caped with large, dark nipples, flow into a taunt waistline before flaring out again into well rounded hips and a lovely, rounded rear. Her long, lean legs and toned arms with callused but delicate fingered hands leaves the impression of both grace and danger.

Personality: Catherine is, in her heart, a fiercely loyal and caring woman; prone to flighty, even girlish behavior with a decidedly leaning toward the baudy with those closest to her. On the outside, however, she displays a distant, even ruthless image that only heightens her exotic allure. A dedicated woman to the causes that she endorses, she can sometimes seem too single-minded and perhaps obsessive in seeing herself and her sisters through whatever trial they must face.

Background: 

If the stories were to be believed, Sonya’s father was an elven noble who dallied with the daughter of a human merchant. After a brief but torid affair, the elf; his name never uttered, left a pregnant girl to the compassions of a family humiliated by a daughter with child that had been intended to be married off to a wealthy husband within a few months.
Her mother was removed from the family house and left to fend for herself and her unborn child on the streets of a nameless city. All Sonya knew beyond this is that her mother died of fever before Sonya’s 10th birthday and that they had lived hand to mouth for as long as she could remember.

It only took a starving Sonya a few days to begin a life of petty crime and theft to stay alive; eventually falling in, more by luck than anything, with a gang of thieves who prayed upon the merchant class. For several months, the child ran nearly wild in the streets with her adopted family; learning the ticks and skills of a burglar and falling back upon her exotic looks and bright smile to con those too taken with her beauty. By the time that she was 15, she had given up her virginity to a street-tough and was selling herself for whatever the going rate was at the time. Not an easy life, but one that kept her fed and even allowed her to indulge her love of nice clothes.

It was during one of these evening events that Catherine’s life changed dastically.  She met a man who would spend the next 10 years shaping her into the well educated courtesan that she would become… and perhaps more important to the young woman, the means to defend herself with both wit and blade. When the deed was done, Catherine had shed the rough shell of the catapiller for the colorful wings of a butterfly… more or less. When her benefactor died after a riding accident, she found herself sucked into the intrigues of the royal court and bedding a noble who thought more of himself than his king… and lacked the common sense to keep his mouth shut on the pillows after striking her… She wasn’t unhappy when the man hanged, but her own lovely neck was nearly stretched as well!

Fortune struck again as a foreign power  not only invaded, but stormed the palace and captured the king and nobles in a celebratory feast after the hanging. Catherine, chained and placed naked in the center of the throne room. Her first sight of the warlord did more than took her breath; her heart stopped for what felt like an eternity as he and 4 women in mask took the king captive and demanded the surrender of the entire court. Unable to speak, Catherine felt the first breath of her life as the man approached her and looked down at her with dark eyes. “What is your crime girl?” he asked in a deep voice; a voice that made her body humm with it’s caress.

“vengeance upon a noble who abused me, M’Lord. For daring to seek justice in the only way that was open to me.”

“And your punishment?”

Catherine swallowed, but did not look away, “To be hanged on the morrow.”

Death for seeking justice… Hardly just, is it?” He turned to the king, “Free her and I will allow you to live in exile, never to touch freedom again.”

With the chains removed, Catherine crawled to his feet and knelt before him, uncaring of her nudity, “Take me with you M’Lord, Allow me to serve and I will vow myself to you always.”

The tall man paused and gazed down at her, “The battlefield is no place for you. I will give you enough to see you secure child.”

“I beg you M’Lord, there is no place for me and I would follow.. I will follow.”

When he left, the kingdom firmly under his thumb and order restored, Catherine followed him and spent months trying to prove herself through both her blade and what little advice he might accept… finally, in an unexpected laugh, he accepted her with a hard slap on the ass and a push toward the other women who followed him. “I cannot rid myself of you girl, you might as well join the others.”

Over the next decades, the women that followed her Lord became more than friends, more than sisters and only with them and him did she allow herself to show her truths. Virtually celibate for the long years; her eyes were trained on him and him alone, her only comfort came from her sisters and dreams of being held in his arms… She knew that if she could win that part of him, she would never want for touch again.

She watched with a blind eye as he began to change; as the masked women who shared both his dreams and his bed became twisted and more and more ambitious, until at long last, her sisters forced her eyes open and she chose, with great reluctance, to join them in doing what must be done for the good of the world. The blood-bath to break into the center of his power was deep and violet; until they stood before the 4 masked women… his furies… and the secret was revealed. Catherine looked into the older, darker eyes of herself and dispared for the first time in many, many years. “What have I done!” she screamed at herself, but it all came too late as the world about them broke open…. And blackness reigned.

Then… her eyes opened again to find herself in a different place… a different time… and a younger, good man who she aleady worshipped… could she change what was to be? Could she save herself, her sisters and een her heart’s desire? Surely this second chance could not lead to the ruin of the first.

My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Blue Leah

Well, I was going for Bloodrager / Kensai, but the Exotic seems to be pretty popular. So, here's my take on the Tainted beauty:

"Tainted Beauty"
Anhiri

Model: Tainted Beauty
Alignment: N; Race: Tiefling
Class: Psychic (Abomination)

Physical Description: Although she be but little, she is fierce- Midsummer Night's Dream.

Standing at a diminutive 4' tall, with a slim, modestly curved figure,  Anhiri seems to have traded stature for pronounced infernal features. Her skin is the color of soot over steel, contrasted by a shock of pure white hair that gleams in the light. Couple this with the deep red markings that seem to travel across her skin from day to day, and the wickedly curved horns that sprout from her temples, and you have a figure that will easily stand out in a crowd.

Usually for the safety of those around her.

Personality: While Anhiri may not be evil, she's definitely not what you would call "good" either. Sure, she abides by the law (mostly), and will commit herself to those she cleaves onto... but that's mostly because these things make life easier in the long run. Generally, she's just... calm. She has goals, her friends have goals... and she will see them accomplished.

Whatever else happens is just circumstance.

Background: Work in Progress- Her psychic power is tainted by the Dark Tapestry, and her Dark Half plays a prominent role. Still writing out the specifics.

Lunar Raven

Welcome back Blue Leah, thought we'd lost you for a second there!  Look forward to seeing the rest.

Again, as a note to everyone, don't feel constrained to create characters based on roles others have expressed interest in, and on that note, don't feel constrained to make one character only  ;)

Also, if you guys would like to link backgrounds etc, based of what you've seen from another's character feel free.  Nothing is set in stone until the character is accepted, so you can continue to change them around and refine them until they've been chosen as the certified Furies  >:)

Idea & Request Thread

Blue Leah

Nope, didn't lose me. Just needed to tweak the concept, rather than having a bunch of characters completing for the same slot / archetype. I know you keep saying don't worry about redundancy, but I prefer to try and fill in the gaps on games like this.

Muse

The best build I've found for the elegent beauty so far would use the swashbuckler class using the Slashing Grace feet to apply her swashbuckler abilties to katana. 

In the name of diversit, though, I'd prefer to make her a Magus.  Would that fit your vision? 

Blinkin

You'll still have to take an exotic weapon proficiency for the katana, but you could do a dueling sword and get about the same effect From what I can tell, there's not much difference between the two other than one's an Eastern weapon and the other's not described as an Eastern weapon.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

Kuroyama Yuki

Nickname: Little Snowflake
Model: Model
Alignment: Lawful Good; Race: Human
Class: Magus 3

Physical Description: Physical

Personality: Yuki is stoic and reserved, compassionate and dutiful.   She smiles quietly, and not too often, but it always touches her eyes. 

Yuki is ellegent and composed.  When not practicing the katana or studying her spellbook, she practices domestic arts and dances with her fans. 

The man who wins her heart and body will both vast depths of untapped passion, a loyal, loving, and submisive girl, and likely here her scream for the first time in her life.   

Background: On the Black Mountain--Kuroyama--lies a village of the same name.  17 years ago a band of oni and their ogres sacked the village, killing as they pleased and carrying away the town's young women for their pleasure. 

Two mountains over dwelled an old Kensai--Hideki--and his magically skilled wife--Kikiyo--noticed plumes of smoke on the horizon and came to render aid.  They slew a few straggling ogres freed some of the survivors.  They found a baby girl shivering in the snow, half dead from exposure.  Nursing the babe back to health, they discovered that  her father was slain and her mother carried away.
Naming the babe Yuki, they took her home and raised her as their own.  They instructed her in both swordplay and arcane magic.  Knowing that the oni were a plague on the world at large, they prepared her for the vendetta they knew she'd one day flirt with by educating her in how they might be slain, but they also made certain she was versed in refined feminine arts—especially cooking, dance, and calligraphy. 

The night after Yuki's seventeenth birthday, she asked her parents why they never spoke of her adoption.  They explained everything they knew.  As they'd feared, within a month she left home in search of her father's murderer and her mother's fate. 

Little did she know, her half sister has studdied her many times through her life.  This oni both lusts for Yuki and views her as a rival to one day be met and bested. 

Muse

Kuroyama Yuki

Physical Description: 5'5", 135lbs, ellegent and graceful with a tight body and a back like a violin.  Yuki has long, silky black hair with purple heightights.  Thick and smooth, it falls to the backs of her knees.  Her eyes are bright turqoise. 

Personality: Yuki is stoic and reserved, compassionate and dutiful.   She smiles quietly, and not too often, but it always touches her eyes. 

Yuki is ellegent and composed.  When not practicing the katana or studying her spellbook, she practices domestic arts and dances with her fans. 

The man who wins her heart and body will both vast depths of untapped passion, a loyal, loving, and submisive girl, and likely here her scream for the first time in her life.   

Background: On the Black Mountain--Kuroyama--lies a village of the same name.  17 years ago a band of oni and their ogres sacked the village, killing as they pleased and carrying away the town's young women for their pleasure. 

Two mountains over dwelled an old Kensai--Hideki--and his magically skilled wife--Kikiyo--noticed plumes of smoke on the horizon and came to render aid.  They slew a few straggling ogres freed some of the survivors.  They found a baby girl shivering in the snow, half dead from exposure.  Nursing the babe back to health, they discovered that  her father was slain and her mother carried away.
Naming the babe Yuki, they took her home and raised her as their own.  They instructed her in both swordplay and arcane magic.  Knowing that the oni were a plague on the world at large, they prepared her for the vendetta they knew she'd one day flirt with by educating her in how they might be slain, but they also made certain she was versed in refined feminine arts—especially cooking, dance, and calligraphy. 

The night after Yuki's seventeenth birthday, she asked her parents why they never spoke of her adoption.  They explained everything they knew.  As they'd feared, within a month she left home in search of her father's murderer and her mother's fate. 

Little did she know, her half sister has studdied her many times through her life.  This oni both lusts for Yuki and views her as a rival to one day be met and bested.

Chulanowa

Will have something up for "mystery" before too very long. Just got off work, and have to geek out on some stuff to relax  ;D

Chulanowa

This is still a work in progress, but I've got the background done! It's damn hard finding flat-chested images in fantasy work, so I think I'm gonna go a slightly different route to the sme idea.

CharacterNameHere

Alignment: Alignment; Race: Race
Class: Class

Physical Description: Physical

Personality: Personality

Background: 

She doesn't know where she comes from. Not her point of birth, anyway. There was no family, no village, no siblings or parents. There was no way she could know that, faced with the prospect of raising an eighth child, her birth parents donated her to the gods at the Temple of Sighs.

The temple was her family, her brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles, and village. Here the Sacred Women led rites with worshipers; male and female, human and non, and all manner of people in between. As a young acolyte, she cleaned, she prepared meals, and ran steppinfetchit. As she grew older, and her body changed, she learned other things; the ways to be beautiful to all eyes, to guide a person without them knowing they are being led. To use the mind and wit as a tool of pleasure as well as the body.

As for said body, well. Just because you were born male did not make you any less of a sister in the Temple of Sighs. Through both the training and draughts of the sacred waters, she guided herself to a feminine beauty, without sacrificing the tools (or, perhaps, tool) the gods had blessed her with.

The idyll of temple life was broken when a powerful man with stormy eyes sought the blessings of the gods... and came away with her at his side, a voice of moderation, flattery, and advice... for all the good it ultimately did...

Muse

Kuroyama Yuki

Physical Description: 5'10", 155lbs, ellegent and graceful with a tight body and a back like a violin.  Yuki has long, silky black hair with purple heightights.  Thick and smooth, it falls to the backs of her knees.  Her eyes are bright turqoise. 

Background: On the Black Mountain--Kuroyama--lies a village of the same name.  19 years ago a band of oni and their ogres sacked the village, killing as they pleased and carrying away the town's young women for their pleasure. 

Blue Leah

Quote from: Blue Leah on December 01, 2015, 02:32:33 PM
Well, I was going for Bloodrager / Kensai, but the Exotic seems to be pretty popular. So, here's my take on the Tainted beauty:

"Tainted Beauty"
Anhiri

Model: Tainted Beauty
Alignment: N; Race: Tiefling
Class: Psychic (Abomination)

Physical Description: Although she be but little, she is fierce- Midsummer Night's Dream.

Standing at a diminutive 4' tall, with a slim, modestly curved figure,  Anhiri seems to have traded stature for pronounced infernal features. Her skin is the color of soot over steel, contrasted by a shock of pure white hair that gleams in the light. Couple this with the deep red markings that seem to travel across her skin from day to day, and the wickedly curved horns that sprout from her temples, and you have a figure that will easily stand out in a crowd.

Usually for the safety of those around her.

Personality: While Anhiri may not be evil, she's definitely not what you would call "good" either. Sure, she abides by the law (mostly), and will commit herself to those she cleaves onto... but that's mostly because these things make life easier in the long run. Generally, she's just... calm. She has goals, her friends have goals... and she will see them accomplished.

Whatever else happens is just circumstance.

Background:
In the dark spaces between the planes, dark things scratch and prod at the barriers of reality. Most of the time, their investigations have no real effect- a bad dream, or a strange creature seen by a (soon to be) town madman. They scramble for purchase, trying to grab on to the darker sides of mortal emotions... but ultimately, few succeed in doing more than creating a story to be told in whispers around a campfire.

Sometimes, though, these... things... manage to do more than just prod.

100 years ago, one such thing- a dark, hungry creature that fed into and fed upon the greed and lust of mortals- managed to find a foothold in the covetous heart of an old widower. He had desired- no, craved- his neighbor's wife for years... and the creature made it possible for him to sate that hunger.

Of course, the creature's goal wasn't the man, or the woman... but their progeny. Nine months passed, and a screaming, dark-skinned babe was born, marked by the darkness and despised by the community that she was born into.

Fast forward, past a childhood marked by fear and anger. Glimpse only briefly the manifestation of occult energies, along with the hungry voice that rode in the back of a teenage girl's mind. Through forty years of childhood, watching family and the occasional friend grow old and frail while she continued to bloom. Slow, then, as womanhood finally arrives- three quarters of a century after her birth. While her stature and tainted appearance may scare people away, her power has made her valuable. She has found a place for herself, albeit one she occupies with a cold detachment- and, despite her reticence to become emotionally invested in souls she knows will pass before she even starts to age, she refuses to let that place go.   

Eh. Might modify the background again- it feels a bit melodramatic. Still, I think this should be a completed contribution.

Lunar Raven

Okay guys, everything looks more or less intact (in as much as I think I'm getting the gist of the various personalities).  I will just wait a little for Blue Leah and Chulanowa to complete their bios.  In the meantime, I'll be posting general info about the Warlord in question (from the time the characters knew him) as well as some of the major timeline events that they have lived through, as well as the character building guidelines/rules.

Once the warlord is posted up, please feel free to pick and pick at the character until he's something that is to your liking (I time permits, I may put up a questionnaire/poll to see what't the most popular opinion).

I'm thinking either we can start the game at 1st level, with everyone having just recovered from their time travel ordeal (giving time for character building), or 3rd level which assumes they've been on the move for a little while.  I would be pleased to hear your thoughts.

Idea & Request Thread

Blinkin

Well, from a purely personal point of view, it would be nice to start out at something other than 1st level for a change. It seems like all of the GM's in recent months have all wanted to go back to 1st as a starting point again. But, I'll bow to the will of the GOD (GM On Duty) and fellow players. There's advantages to both, I guess, and I can make it work either way.

I'll stop myself from asking questions about character generation until you've posted the guidelines.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Blue Leah

Eh. I think I'll leave the bio as is. It's not in terrible shape.

Muse

I guess I'll need you to clear some things up. 

How much do we remember about the future we're trying to stop? 

Chulanowa

I'm actually gonna step out of this one. A character just isn't coming together for me right now

Grizzly

Is there still room to submit a character?  I'm not sure which archetype is still open or available.
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

Lunar Raven

Sorry for the delay guys, but the character building guidelines are now up, as well as rough timeline of major events that the girls should know about.  You can find it at the bottom of the OP post.

@ Grizzly: At present we're at up to four characters already, with (maybe) one more, despite Chulanowa stepping out.  If there are any openings, I'll be sure to notify you.  Thanks for the interest!

Idea & Request Thread

Blinkin

Questions.

•Maximum of 2 character traits.

Would you consider drawback traits?

•+2 inherent bonus to any one Ability Score of choice.

Is this in addition to racial ability modifiers?

Do Masterwork items and weapons still provide normal modifiers? Example, a Materwork backpack reduces and their weight adjustments?

How do you want HP handled?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Lunar Raven

Hey Blinkin,
I'll consider drawbacks, so long as players actually play out the drawback beyond it's mechanical value.

The inherent bonus is in addition to racial ability modifiers.

You'd still get the bonuses, so long as the bonuses on the automatic bonus progression table don't overshadow it (this would mean that by the time characters reach level 4, the Weapon Attunement Bonus +1 would take over, given as enhancement bonuses don't stack.  Masterwork Armour would still benefit from the better armour check penalty however.

HP is handled as follows (and I've update the build guide with it. Thanks!) - Full Hp at 1st level.  1/2 of maximum Hp die +1 at subsequent levels (i.e. 4 for d6s, 5 for d8s, etc...)

Idea & Request Thread

Blinkin

The drawback that I was thinking of, which seems apt for the setting and story, would be over-protective. Mechanically, the character would take penalties if he/she moved more than 10' from a fallen ally (Her sisters). Role-play wise, she wouldn't leave one of her sisters... even the one that's a ball of jelly... ;)... to be hurt or alone in a fight. It seems apt enough for the story you wanted.

I know that you said magical items will be rare, but I was wondering about items such as Handy Haversacks? The encumberance issues for a Swashbuckler are a bit harsh; everything demanding thatthe class remain in the lightly encumbered range. I can juggle it to an extent but armor always presses the limit at early levels and carrying much will be an issue.

Anyway, the item is a future concern. I'll have a character to you later today. I can't use Mythweavers or plothook, so it'll be a somewhat long text document... I've never even seen an actual Pathfinder character sheet.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

Can you adres this, Raven? 

Quote from: Muse on December 04, 2015, 10:46:10 PM

Lunar Raven

Quote from: Muse on December 04, 2015, 10:46:10 PM

Ack!  Somehow I missed that.  I've posted up the major events of the time in the OP post (there might be a few small additions I'd like to make, but it's otherwise got most of the big ones), but otherwise you guys can make up the minor events as you go.  Memory of things might be a little foggy, but otherwise everyone would have a good sense of what's likely to happen.

Idea & Request Thread

Muse

Did we loose levels (and age) when we came back in time? 

Muse

Kuroyama Yuki

Model:

Physical Description: 5'10", 155lbs, ellegent and graceful with a tight body and a back like a violin.  Yuki has long, silky black hair with purple heightights.  Thick and smooth, it falls to the backs of her knees.  Her eyes are bright turqoise. 

Background: On the Black Mountain--Kuroyama--lies a village of the same name.  19 years ago a band of oni and their ogres sacked the village, killing as they pleased and carrying away the town's young women for their pleasure. 

Class: Magus (Kensai) 3

Atributes
Strength   10   +0
Dexterity   18   +4
Constitution   14   +2
Intelligence   18   +4   
Wisdom      8   -1
Charisma   12   +1

Hit Points   27
Armor Class   16   (Dexterity +3, Dodge +3)

Base Attack   +2
   Melee         +2
   Missile/Finesse      +6
   Combat Manuver Bonus   +2
   Combat Manuver Defense   16

Attacks:
Katana, Masterwork
   Attack Roll   d20+8
   Damage Roll   d8+4
   Critical   18-20 x2

Sling (Masterwrok Bulets)
   Attack Roll   d20+8
   Damage Roll   d4
   Critical   20 x2
   Range      50
   Amo      10

Class Features:
Arcana:
Arcane Pool: 5
Concentration: (3+4+4) =d20+11
Proficiencies: Simple Weapons, Katana
Spell Combat
Spell Strike

Feats: 
Combat Casting
Exotic Weapon Proficiency; Katana
Slashing Grace: Katana
Weapon Finesse
Weapon Focus: Katana

Skills
Acrobatics      3   +3   +4   +1   +0   =d20+11
Craft: Domestic Arts   3   +3   +4   +0   +0   =d20+10
Diplomacy      3   +0   +1   +0   +0   =d20+4
K. Arcana      3   +3   +4   +0   +0   =d20+10
K. Dungeoneering   1   +3   +4   +0   +0   =d20+8
K. Planes      3   +3   +4   +0   +0   =d20+10
Perform: Dance      3   +3   +1   +2   +0   =d20+9
Ride         1   +3   +4   +0   +0   =d20+8
Spellcraft      3   +3   +4   +0   +0   =d20+10
Swim         1   +3   +0   +0   +0   =d20+4
Use MAgic Device   3   +3   +1   +0   +0   =d20+7

Traits: 
Rice Runner: +1 to Acrobatics, which is a class skill. 
Savant: +2 Perform, Dance.  Perform is always a class skill. 

Spells: 
1st Level
1.   Burning Hands
2.   Magic Missile
3.   Shield
Cantrips
1.   Daze
2.   Disrupt Undead
3.   Prestidigaiton

Spellbook: 
1st Level: Burnign Hands, Chill Tocuh, Enlarge Person, Expeditious Retreat, Feather Fall, Floatind Disk, Frostbite, Grease, Jump, Magic Missile, Mount, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield, Shocking Grasp, Snowball, Sundering Shards, Unseen Servant, Weapon Wand. 
Cantrips: All

Containers: 
Backpack, Masterwork
Belt Pouch
Spell Component Pouch

Alchemy
Antitoxin x4
Sun Rods x15
Tinder Twigs x30

Garb
Dancer's Outfit
Explorer's Outfit

Gear
Bedroll and Blanket
Cook's Kit, Masterwork
Flint and Steel
Feed x5
Kit, Chronicler's: This bundle contains a map case, two vials of ink, two inkpens, 10 sheets of paper, two blank journals, a pound of fine powder for drying ink, and a 20-foot measuring cord. The supplies usually suffice for chronicling a single expedition of not more than 2 months' duration.
Mess Kit
Night Tea x30
Rations x10
Rope, Silk (50')
Soap

Mount:
Nubian Grace: Combat Trained Heavy War Horse (Mare)
Military Saddle
Saddlebags

Coin:
Platinum   19
Gold:      3
Silver      3
Copper      7

Blinkin

Muse, you do know that you can modify post, right? You don't have to make a new post when you update your character?

I'm not complaining, just pointing it out. I see your character 4 or 5 times in the thread.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Muse

If it's there five, then I had two double posts instead of just one. ^_^;; 

Muse

So Raven, no practical magic--like a traveler's any tool--or charged items like wands or potions? 

the rules you linked too would encourage things like that.  If they're not going to exist at all in this setting I'll probably want to move skill points out of Use Magic Device. 

Lunar Raven

There will still be general use items like wands, potions, bags of holding, handy haversacks, and the like.

Basically, this time round, characters can stop worrying about searching for specific magic items and worry on survival necessities or occasionally find ingenious solutions to problems.  When magic items do crop up, it should generally be a real treasure.

To summarize, you're not going to be able to walk into any shop and find a magic item, but get to know the local wizard smith and they might do you a favour and make a few things for you.  Of course there's always raiding an evil wizard's layer for more exotic items.  I'll encourage the use of social and knowledge skills to learn about such items and where they might be found.

And there's always the option of crafting them yourself...

Idea & Request Thread

Muse

Lunar Raven

Merry Christmas (or post-Christmas) to all; hope you've had a great time!

Still on the lookout for 2 more players for this, after dropout; specifically an arcane and divine caster, with priority to the latter.  Creation guide repeated here for convenience, and more information on the campaign in general in the OP post.  The campaign will be a go in the near future (I'm aiming for 1st - 4th Jan.)

BUILD GUIDE

• Use of Points-Buy for ability scores, with 25 points to spend.
  • Starting character level at 6th.
  • Maximum of 2 character traits.
  • +2 inherent bonus to any one Ability Score of choice.
  • This will be a minimal magic item campaign – the focus being on the characters – refer to the Automatic Bonus Progression page for more info.  The bonuses gained are equal to their level.
  • At every level (including first) characters gain 2 bonus skill points that can only be spent on the following skills; Appraise, Artistry, Craft, Handle Animal, Knowledge (engineering), Knowledge (geography), Knowledge (history), Knowledge (nobility), Linguistics, Lore, Perform, Profession, and Sleight-of-Hand.  Further info can be found on the Background Skills page.
  • All characters begin with 7,000 gp worth of equipment.  Purchased magic items may only be selected from Wondrous Items, Wands, Potions, and Scrolls, no one of which is worth more than 3,000 gp.
  • Full Hp at 1st level.  1/2 of maximum Hp die +1 at subsequent levels (i.e. 4 for d6s, 5 for d8s, etc...)

Idea & Request Thread

Ershin

You mentioned that you were looking for an arcane or divine caster, but mind if I ask which of the archetypes these were and as such were now available, elegant, exotic, mysterious or tainted?

Lunar Raven

Hello Ershin!  As of present, Muse and Blinkin are filling the positions of the Elegant and the Exotic respectively.  That said, the particular beauties are rough guides of things that I was interested in seeing.  Anyone can feel free to come up with a pitch that loosely fits the archetypes and doesn't have to fully conform to the suggested classes (e.g. the Elegant is currently a Kensai Magus, and the Exotic a Swashbuckler/Bard combination).

In short use the mentioned archetype beauties for inspiration rather than a rigid ideal  :-)

Idea & Request Thread

Chulanowa

Renewing interest in "mysterious," since I seem to have thinking time on my hands now.  ;D

Lunar Raven

Great to hear Chul.

Also, since someone brought this to my attention via PM, just because one of the archetype beauties are taken doesn't mean someone else can't base the characters around the same - the four represent women types I'm interested in seeing.

In addition, all character ages have undergone reversal upon their transition back in time (so they have the starting ages of typical characters made during character creation.)  They no longer have an upper limit to their age (so they can't die of old age) but they will still physically age and accrue the relevant penalties (unless they find a way to get around it.)

On that note, they game will span over centuries (if we can keep it going that long) so there's going to be 'transition' periods between adventures.

Idea & Request Thread

ChaoticSky

*counts* Drat, so your filled up again then?

Blinkin

I suspect that this is still on a non-first come basis. Submit a profile and I'm sure that she'll consider it.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Lunar Raven

Idea & Request Thread

ChaoticSky

So! Lunar has been chatting with me abit recently to enquire if i was still interested. And I am! But I'm kinda holding up the game here, sooo... i figured id toss my sheet up and work on it here, and maybe we can chat some ^^. Our group supposedly knew each other very well and were at the very least, close companions, so its probably worthwhile to discuss how we all got along and such before the game started. My character, who im tentatively calling Miska is a Psychic and a worshipper of the gods of the dark tapestry, particularly Shub-Niggurath. Shes really nice!

And also more than alittle nuts!

But in a nice, fun way.

...Most of the time.

Mixing the Tainted and Mysterious concepts to a degree. Dont mind the tentacles!  :P

(still very much a WIP)
Miska

Name: Miska
Race: Human
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Deity: Shub-Niggurath
Level: 6 Psychic D6

Bio
Background

Personality

Stats
Abilities

StatValueContribution
Str10(0)10(0point)
Dex12(1)12(2point)
Con14(2)14(5point)
Int22(6)17(13point)+2(race)+1(4thlvl)+2(Prog)
Wis10(0)10(0point)
Cha16(3)14(5point)+2(gmbonus)

Derived Stats

StatValueContribution
BAB+3
Fort5+2Class+2Con+1Prog
Ref5+2Class+1DexB+1Prog
Will6+5Class+0WisB+1Prog
CMB4+3BAB+0StrB
CMD1610+3BAB+0StrB+1DexB
AC1210+1DexB+1Prog+Armour

HP: 38/38

Skills
2+6int(+2bg)/lvl
10sp+6bg
Bluff (Cha)
Craft (Int)
Diplomacy (Cha) 9 3+6sp
Fly (Dex) 5 3+2sp
Intimidate (Cha)
Knowledge[Arcana] (Int) 5 3+2sp
Knowledge[Nature] (Int) 5 3+2sp
Knowledge[Religion] (Int) 5 3+2sp
Knowledge[Dungeoneering] 5 (Int) 3+2sp
Linguistics (Int)
Perception (Wis) 9 3+6sp
Perform[Dance] (Cha) 9 3+6bg
Sense Motive (Wis)
Spellcraft (Int) 9 3+6sp
Swim (Str) 5 3+2sp

Languages: Common, Aklo, Draconic, Aboleth, Necril, Protean, Abyssal

Features, Feats & Traits

Features
Human
Type: Humanoid (Human)
Size: Medium
Base Speed: 30ft land
Languages: Common
Ability Score: +2 choice [Cha]
Feat&Skill: Bonus Feat
Fey Magic: Gain Low Light Vision; Swim, Perform as classskill. Gain three lvl0/one lvl1 druid spells as SLA in a particular terrain type. DC cha-based.
Terrain:
-
-
-
-
Favoured Class: Psychic: +1spellknown, lvl less than max. +0spells/+0SP/+0HP
Progression
Resistance: Gain +1 on all saves.
Armour Attunement: Gain +1 on a set of armour
Weapon Attunement: Gain +1 on a chosen weapon
Deflection: Gain +1 deflection to AC
Mental prowess: Gain +2 on a mental stat
Psychic
Proficiency: All simple weapons.
Spells: Casts psychic spells from the psychic’s spell list. DC against a spell is 10+spell’s lvl+IntB. At 4th lvl and every even lvl after, trade one spell for a new one. Knacks (lvl0 spells) don’t consume slots unless cast as a higher level (via Metamagic).
Phrenic Pool (Su): Has a pool of supernatural mental energy that she can draw upon to manipulate psychic spells as she casts them. Phrenic pool points = 1/2 lvl+ChaB. Replenishes each morning after 8hrs of rest or meditation; these hours don’t need to be consecutive. Current: 9/9
Phrenic Amplifications: Can activate phrenic amplifications while using psychic magic,
-
-
Psychic Discipline (Ex or Sp): Gains additional spells known based on selected discipline. Each discipline gives a number of discipline powers additional spells known. DC against a psychic discipline ability = 10+1/2 lvl+IntB.
=
-
-
Detect Thoughts (Sp): Can use detect thoughts as SLA 1/day. Can also expend spell slots cast detect thoughts. (slot used to determine DC)
Detect Thoughts (1stand. T/E. Rng: 60ftCone. Dur: Cons max1min/lvl. Save:WillNeg; SR: No)
School: Divination [mind-affecting]
Effect: Detect surface thoughts; more info per round:
1st: Presence or absence of thoughts (conscious with Int1 or higher).
2nd: Number of thinking minds and Int of each. If Int is 10 points over yours, you are stunned  for 1rnd. Does not determine location of the minds if you can't see them.
3rd: Read surface thoughts of any mind in the area. Creatures of Int 1 or 2 have simple, instinctual thoughts.
Can penetrate barriers up to 1 ft of stone, 1" metal, a thin sheet of lead, or 3 ft of wood or dirt.

Feats
-Improved Initiative: +4 Init.
-
-
-
-

Traits
-Headonist:
+Unspeakable Bond: +2 Diplo with Aberrations.
+Magical Lineage
+

Magic
Spells
Type: Psychic
0 ∞
-Dancing Lights
-Detect Magic
-Lullaby
-Mage Hand
-Mending
-Prestidigitation
-Telekinetic Projectile
1 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
-{
-Charm Person
-Magic Missile
-Shield
-Unseen Servant
2 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
-{
-Mind Thrust II
-Silence
3 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
-{
-Fly

Equipment

Weapons [ lbs]

Armour [ lbs]

Items [ lbs]
Kit, Courtesan's [5 lbs]
-a razor
-scented oils and salves
-fragrances
-a warming pot
-a variety of appealing outfits.
-Books of poetry, literature, and plays -often focusing on salacious topics and full of double entendres.

Misc

Gold
+Starting [7000]
-Kit, Courtesan's [10]

-Handy Haversack [2000]
-Lesser Logical Metamagic Rod [3000]
>

EXP: 0
Wanted Lists (stuff to remember for when i get some money)
Gear ideas
-Magic Bedroll (Endure Elements. Heal classlvl HP in addition to normal for 8h sleep)
-Bag Of Holding I: Contains: 250lb, 30 ft3. 15lb
-Chaos Emerald: Various abilities, with a limited pool of use.
-Ring of Psychic Mastery
-greater talisman of healing power

Feat Ideas
-spell perfection
-spell focus/greater

Notes

Grizzly

If it's not a first come first served sort of submission, maybe I'll try my luck.  :)
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

Muse

Ooooh, two more potential players?  Excellent! 

Nice to meet you both.  Any way I can help? 

Chulanowa

Almost done with my offering on this  :D should have her up later today; it's super-late right now though.