Interest check: all gay group?

Started by shadowspale, September 20, 2009, 06:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowspale

Good points. Thank you. I do wonder why everywhere I go, the sub males greatly outnumber the doms however. Did martians take them all when we were not looking?

GothicFires

I personally am an Alpha. Not a dom. which is why i have issues doing dom/sub ~ master/slave games, I can't do sub or slave either. there are times (since I am a woman) that I would like to be beta or bottom. So I often wonder where the other top/dom/alpha people are too. :)
looking for new games
discord: Agara#3507

Nico

I can play both myself and I do enjoy both, actually. Even if I find my character in more top than bottom roles, as of late ~chuckles~

And I really have no clue why there are so many, many bottom only players. Really don't.

And yeah, I'd offer to play, but right now, I really don#t have room for more threads. Another time, maybe.  :-)

Ryven

My tastes are pretty versatile as well.  I couldn't see playing just one side.  There are times when I want one over the other, but I always switch.

shadowspale

I use the word sub/dom for lack of something closer. I play that scene but I would say I bottom if it were left up to me. I can't do the alpha so well; kind of throws things off when I am fighting not to reverse to a more passive role

Nico

Just a heads up:

'bottom' isn't necessarily a sub. It's not beta, either. It merely means that the bottom one is the receiving part of anal sex, nothing more, nothing less. Just because a guy likes to take it, doesn't make him a submissive. ;)
At least, that's my point of view on it.  ;D

Ryven

It should be the correct point of view too.  Bottom =/= sub.

GothicFires

then check out my ideas and past games to see if i am someone you can keep up with. I can't guarantee you a post everyday but I can work you into my schedule. Out of 21 game ideas there should be something you like. but if not send me some ideas of you're own and we'll work it out.

lets not start splitting hairs on semantics shall we my lovelies?  There are varying degrees of being submissive and being submissive doesn't mean that you are into being dominated or having a master. I think we all understand that. It's just a matter of finding words to express exactly what we mean and falling a little short.
looking for new games
discord: Agara#3507

Nico

Quote from: GothicFires on September 20, 2009, 01:36:05 PM

lets not start splitting hairs on semantics shall we my lovelies?  There are varying degrees of being submissive and being submissive doesn't mean that you are into being dominated or having a master. I think we all understand that. It's just a matter of finding words to express exactly what we mean and falling a little short.

I just wanted to point that out since it's missunderstood quite frequently.  ;)

shadowspale

Exactly. I bottom and I am not aggressive for the most part. I can be cheeky or feisty and at times I want someone to take control. I am this way and so are my characters. Does that make any sense?

Ryven

Yes it does.  I am sort of the same way though I top and dom a bit.  I used to not be so into it when I first joined, but it seems I've gravitated more and more towards it as I've discovered I enjoy it a lot.

Nico

Quote from: shadowspale on September 20, 2009, 01:41:09 PM
Exactly. I bottom and I am not aggressive for the most part. I can be cheeky or feisty and at times I want someone to take control. I am this way and so are my characters. Does that make any sense?

Yes, of course it makes sense.  :-)
Anyways, feel free to look up my O/O's and drop me a PM, maybe we get something together sometimes. I'm always open for suggestions.

Quote from: Ryven on September 20, 2009, 01:43:28 PM
Yes it does.  I am sort of the same way though I top and dom a bit.  I used to not be so into it when I first joined, but it seems I've gravitated more and more towards it as I've discovered I enjoy it a lot.

Yep, I know what you mean, bro. It's a mood thing for me, quite frequently.

shadowspale

I am amazed at this thread. I got two possibilities from it as well as a better understanding of how things work around here. Thank you all for responding.

Nico

Quote from: shadowspale on September 20, 2009, 01:59:04 PM
I am amazed at this thread. I got two possibilities from it as well as a better understanding of how things work around here. Thank you all for responding.

You are most welcome! ~hugs~

Ryven

Quote from: shadowspale on September 20, 2009, 01:59:04 PM

You're welcome.  There will always be help.  Even if you don't find what you're looking for, we can point you in the direction to help you get closer to it. :-)

Lycan Queen

*reads the setting described*

You rock. One on one or group, send me a message. Our thoughts are practically the same. Again, YOU. SERIOUSLY. ROCK.

Valkyrie1066

My question is on the issue of "all gay"
Are you referring to the characters?  The players?  Or both?

I would love to be able to search members by sexual identity..it would really, really save me time.  Having to read the whole blessed profile to find out sucks. There are more straight boys in here than any forum I've ever seen.  Am I missing something?  Feel free to advise me.

I've done a lot of M/m RP's; actually, more than I have done M/f.  How I obtained those kind of real life experiences is a long strange story.  Suffice it to say that I am most comfortable in playing the role of a male. Most of my rp's involve some form of bdsm role playing games.

Actual gender is of no concern to me.  I couldn't care less as long as the person plays their character well.  Trying to be sensitive to the fact that some people are creeped out about cross gender play though I can't understand their dilemma myself.  I'm just a horny bastard.  *wink*
Independently owned and operated.0

shadowspale

I am talking about characters. I don't give a flip as to the gender of the other player. I am an oddity I guess; a straight female who would rather play a gay male and I think it absolutely, positively sucks rotten eggs that there isn't more opportunities for me to play.

I really don't understand the issue with cross gender players. I am not really into F/F but I will play it. If the other person happens to be a female who cares? It is our characters that will be getting together, not us. The day anyone male or female reaches through my monitor and gropes me is the day I stop playing as my computer has become possessed. O.o

HockeyGod

Quote from: Valkyrie1066 on October 29, 2009, 03:28:11 PM
I would love to be able to search members by sexual identity..it would really, really save me time.  Having to read the whole blessed profile to find out sucks. There are more straight boys in here than any forum I've ever seen.  Am I missing something?  Feel free to advise me.

Here, here! I think that is a great idea!

shadowspale

I do think I would be a good idea to have something like that. I hate reading through an o/o that seems compatible only to find they are straight in the way they play characters.

Still, I do find people who are willing to play a game with me so all is good. :)

HockeyGod

Quote from: shadowspale on October 31, 2009, 07:32:40 AM
I do think I would be a good idea to have something like that. I hate reading through an o/o that seems compatible only to find they are straight in the way they play characters.

Still, I do find people who are willing to play a game with me so all is good. :)

I had thought it would be helpful to have another column that designates "X looking for X" or be more standardized in the title (which I think is the current method). I guess the message is that people have to advertise well.

shadowspale

That would helpful but since I have been here, I have learned that those willing to play M/M aren't that many in comparison to those who are looking for M/f or even F/f. Believe me, I have looked through the games and through hundreds of profiles; for every person willing to play m/m there are at least 20 who won't. Add that all up and we are a small group. Those looking for a M/F game really don't need any help finding a game. F/F games don't seem to be as hard to find either.

I like playing in a group setting where my character can react to others that aren't written by me but it seems (I might be misunderstanding) that most here prefer solo games.

HockeyGod

Quote from: shadowspale on October 31, 2009, 02:13:38 PM
I like playing in a group setting where my character can react to others that aren't written by me but it seems (I might be misunderstanding) that most here prefer solo games.

Hmmm...well solo games in my experience actually are defined as one on one. I'm in several "solo" RPs and it in essence means me and one other person. Perhaps I'm using the term wrong, but I'm not sure what the point of a RPG community would be if the majority of people just wanted to write stories without a partner. For example, I have a solo with Ryven called No Luck in the Shadows.

The group role-plays would be for any more than one on one. I am only in one group role-play.

Hope that helps clarify.

Torch

Quote from: shadowspale on October 30, 2009, 05:35:10 PM
I am talking about characters. I don't give a flip as to the gender of the other player. I am an oddity I guess; a straight female who would rather play a gay male and I think it absolutely, positively sucks rotten eggs that there isn't more opportunities for me to play.

You aren't an oddity. I only play gay males myself. But your supposition is correct, M/M roleplay is quite the red-headed stepchild of E; there are far more members searching for M/F and F/F games than M/M. I think the problem is most of the folks who do play M/M seem to be full up on games most of the time. It's simply a matter of catching someone who is available.  :-)
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

shadowspale

QuoteHmmm...well solo games in my experience actually are defined as one on one.

That was what I was talking about. I come from yahoo where all games are group games. It is only here that I am finding that players seem to prefer solo games. I can't say I understand why but I am not complaining. I am in three games but still have so much time on my hands as they move much slower as I am responding to a single person instead of multiples like I am accustomed to doing. Even so, it is better here; the over all maturity level is much higher and I have yet to encounter a truly bad writer.

QuoteYou aren't an oddity. I only play gay males myself. But your supposition is correct, M/M roleplay is quite the red-headed stepchild of E; there are far more members searching for M/F and F/F games than M/M. I think the problem is most of the folks who do play M/M seem to be full up on games most of the time. It's simply a matter of catching someone who is available.  :-)

Yes, that has been pointed out to me but its not my only problem. The reason I started this thread was I had hoped to create a game where those interested in playing M/M could meet other players who shared the same taste. Its really hard to find someone to play with when your main avenue of searching requires you to check profiles. I only play subs/bottoms and the majority of the players I have stumbled across who play M/M only play the same way. Two bottoms do not a top make. :P

I just thought that an all gay game would allow people to find each other easier as well as giving us a chance to discover compatible players. Plus there is the chance of characters playing against a wider variety of other characters in a way you can't in a solo game.

Yes, I am lazy and I am not overly fond of playing against myself. I have settings I would like to play but not if I have to move a bunch of characters to do so. >.<.