The Tree of Life

Started by Valerian, June 22, 2010, 01:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile sat outside her croft plucking the grouse she had snared that morning, planning to roast them on a spit over the fire inside.  As she watched the comings and goings of the village she wondered if anyone had anything to contribute to a communal meal that they might all share the meat that would feed many of them.

She also listened to the talk about who the Bean Sidhe were and feeling luck that she had ferreted out Marguerite but wondering if her luck would hold if she were to let her suspicions fall on another, that other being Ariadne.

Imogen

Imogen heated a bowl of porridge over the fire and stirred until the lumps were more or less dissolved. Taking her breakfast outside, she paced up and down in front of her tiny hut, occasionally raising a spoonful to her mouth. Her eyes wandered over the village, briefly dwelling on the huts nearby.

"Maybe Sinera has something to do with the murders." She agreed at last, not sounding too convinced.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Valerian

Current Voting:

Eden (2) - Aiden, Kyrsa
sinera (2) - RP7466, Imogen
Ariadne (1) - Beguile's Mistress
Absinthe Tori (0)
Aiden (0)
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Imogen (0)
Kip (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Mithlomwen (0)
RP7466 (0)

Yet to vote: Absinthe Tori, Ariadne, Eden, Kip, Mithlomwen, sinera

There are 6 Keltoi, 1 Seanacha (Seer), 1 Niadh Nask (Champion), 1 Druí, and 2 Bean sídhe.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

RP7466

RP leaves a note on Aiden's door about his interest in some posts. He returns home and takes stock of the meat that the pig had provided.

"may be enough for many people, providing some meat for a village meal may be a good gesture. Times are tough and a village meal/get together might help keep spirits up."

RP heads to Beguile's hut to discuss a comunity meal
"It's my only politics... anti-wife. Any woman who devotes herself to making one man miserable instead of a lot of men happy don't get my vote"

John Wayne as Sam McCord

Kye

Relieved for the night of reprieve Kyrsa spent the morning contemplating all of her companions.  She had known some of them for her entire life, and could not find any evidence to sway her one way or the other.  It was with a heavy heart that she cast her vote for Eden, knowing that her own vote had been swayed the day before by Eden's. 

Beguile's Mistress

The grouse are nearly plucked clean when Beguile looks up to see RP coming toward her.  Now that the birds are completely clean inside and out they are ready for the skewer and roasting.  As RP nears Beguile greets him and offers him a seat beside her on the bench.

"Good day to you, RP.  I hope all goes well with you."  A friendly smile accompanies her greeting.  "You have a purposeful look on your face today.  Can I be of help in some way?"

RP7466

RP having always admired Beguile is joyed to be invited to sit with her, he smiles as he sits on the bench.

"yes you can, most times I see you in the village you are cooking and I see you have some grouse there. I killed a pig a couple days back and I was wondering if you had any interest in organizing some sort of community dinner? Times are rough and I thought it would be good to help keep everybody spirits up. Undoubtedly Kip has drink and I could go out to the woods and kill another pig if the one is not enough. What do you think?"
"It's my only politics... anti-wife. Any woman who devotes herself to making one man miserable instead of a lot of men happy don't get my vote"

John Wayne as Sam McCord

Aiden

Aiden returned that day with much more than firewood that day, an order for fence posts carried in a massive bundle on his back which he left at the household of the hunter who had ordered then. His back was done for the day and he walked over towards the well to pull himself up a bucket from which he drank and poured the rest over his head to cool him down.

Beguile's Mistress

"The idea sounds good but will depend on what others might have or care to contribute," Beguile replied to RP proposition.  Aiden came into the village at that moment, dropping a bundle at RP's croft and then heading to the well. 

Beguile called out to Aiden and repeated RPs idea to him, asking if he had any interest in a communal feast.

Aiden

Still rubbing his beck and shoulders to work the knot out as he nodded in approval.
"Besides the fire to roast the feast, the only other things I can offer is the various herbs and mushrooms I run across when I am cutting down timber."

Beguile's Mistress

"Those would all be welcome, Aiden.  Thank you."  They had a very good beginning to a community feast Beguile thought.

"I wonder how many others will care to join us?"  Would the Bean Sidhe dare to set down a table with the innocent villagers?

Mithlomwen

Pondering her choice in vote for a time, Mithlomwen finally settled on Ariadne
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Valerian

Current Voting:

Ariadne (4) - Beguile's Mistress, Mithlomwen, Eden, Absinthe Tori
Eden (2) - Aiden, Kyrsa
sinera (2) - RP7466, Imogen
Absinthe Tori (1) - Ariadne
Aiden (0)
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Imogen (0)
Kip (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Mithlomwen (0)
RP7466 (0)

Yet to vote: Kip, sinera

There are 6 Keltoi, 1 Seanacha (Seer), 1 Niadh Nask (Champion), 1 Druí, and 2 Bean sídhe.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Nadir

Looking both forlorn and lost, the old woad smudges flaking off, Eden puts hir mark on Ariadne and slinks off to the cold stream to try and purge whatever magic Mar might have woven on hir

Ariadne

Ari watched for a moment as everyone cast their votes. With a heavy heart she knew that there was a greater chance of her her not living through the night. Still she cast her vote without misgivings. "I cast my vote for Absinthe Tori."
I was lost for some time.
Ari's Absences and Social Thread    ||    Ari's Notes for Writing

Zealously Jaded

The last night was tough to live through, she had spent the night worried that the Bean sidhe would get someone else, thankfully one of them was gone…it was a shame that there were 2 more monsters. “After much consideration I will have to say that I think that Ariadne, it is not because you voted for me…I have to follow my instincts…If I am wrong may the God’s forgive.”

RP7466

"You know where I am if the we have the feast, I will set the pig aside until I hear from you"

RP waves to Beguile as he walks back to his hut. He notices the bundle of fence posts left from Aiden. RP grabs the bundle and takes them behind his hut and opens the bundle. He takes individual posts and lays them out in the shape of the pen where they will be sunk into the ground.

"these are good posts, and will make for a fine pen, I'll give Aiden the ham in return"

After laying out the boarder of the pen he goes to his shop and gets his digging iron. He returns to the pen, takes off his shirt, and starts to dig the post holes.

John Wayne as Sam McCord

sinera

sinera wonders why RP has nominated her as one of the Bane Sidhe yet again. As far as she knows, she has never offended him...

"I choose Tori," she whispers, agonized that she still isn't sure of the enemies' identities.
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

RP7466

As RP works he thinks through past votes, more specifically who has been on the wrong side of votes. Last vote, 7 voted Marguerite who turned out to be a Bean sídhe, 5 voted Mithlomwen one of which was cast out and determined to be Bean sídhe, which leaves 4. First vote was tough because there wasn't much to go on, but two villagers where awfully eager to toss out others when there wasn't much information yet.

"I prey to the gods Ive made the right choices"

John Wayne as Sam McCord

Imogen

Imogen watches the goings on quietly and lowers her gaze to the ground as she ponders. From what she'd seen of Sinera, there hardly was enough to sustain suspicion and when she raised her gaze, it was with new determination. Perhaps she'd been too hasty.

"I have changed my mind. I think my suspicions against Sinera might have been hasty and she is right in suspecting Absinthe Tori."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Valerian

Current Voting:

Absinthe Tori (7) - Ariadne, sinera, Imogen, Beguile's Mistress, Eden, Kyrsa, RP7466
Ariadne (3) - Mithlomwen, Absinthe Tori
Eden (1) - Aiden
Aiden (0)
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Imogen (0)
Kip (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Mithlomwen (0)
RP7466 (0)
sinera (0)

Yet to vote: Kip

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile continued to watch the villagers as they went about their daily business of taking care of their needs.  Though distrust had made them wary of the comrades and none other than RP and Aiden had expressed an interest in a communal meal one stood out now from the others.  Absinthe Tori seemed to exude a miasma of danger that Beguile found it hard to ignore and by comparison Ariadne was looking more and more innocent.

Nadir

I'm changing my vote to Absinthe Tori

Kye

After much thought I am changing my vote to Tori, I pray that I'm right.  Please forgive me if I am wrong.

RP7466

"something's not right"

As RP continues to work he gets a nagging feeling that he has made a mistake. He puts his shirt on and makes his way back to change his vote.

"I change my vote to Tori"

As he walks back to his hut he begins to reconsider Sinera as a possable Bin Sidhe.

John Wayne as Sam McCord