News:

Main Menu

Kingdom Hearts 3

Started by Obsidian Isolabella, January 04, 2015, 02:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathim

Quote from: SweetSerenade on January 12, 2015, 09:18:44 PM
Disney has a habit of not showing the parents. By the time Ariel's daughter is around, Melody, Eric and Ariel are King and Queen - but we are unsure as to when that happened. But in Ariel's current timeline she is still a Princess. XD

Bah, stuck in the past...why make sequels if KH can't also benefit from them?
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

SweetSerenade

Well as shown in Kingdom Hearts, some worlds move at different time speeds. As in... Alice in Wonderland... in Birth By Sleep the main characters end up there, and alice is EXACTLY the same age she is in the normal KH games... quite strange if you ask me. That begs the question of... what time lines do the worlds actually run on? What if... by the time we return to Atlantica (Or Pride Lands) The children of the previous people are already of an age to interact with the Heroes?

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Mathim

Quote from: SweetSerenade on January 12, 2015, 09:37:49 PM
Well as shown in Kingdom Hearts, some worlds move at different time speeds. As in... Alice in Wonderland... in Birth By Sleep the main characters end up there, and alice is EXACTLY the same age she is in the normal KH games... quite strange if you ask me. That begs the question of... what time lines do the worlds actually run on? What if... by the time we return to Atlantica (Or Pride Lands) The children of the previous people are already of an age to interact with the Heroes?

Well don't some people not remember certain events that have already transpired? Or some worlds were destroyed and then restored? What's the deal with those timelines? It's almost as hard to keep track of as Once Upon a Time's events.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

SweetSerenade

I think Wonderland was never truly destroyed, same with Neverland. There was a few worlds that never saw such a thing. Like Hallow Bastion was once Beasts Castle, the world was destroyed and then Reestored in KH1 making that realm a playable world in KH2... So I would imagine it would be interesting to see other timelines.

There is still a lot of Disney they can delve into - like the several companies Disney owns... IE Pixar, Miramax... and the like. I wish they had considered the concept of Jay and Silent bob... because that would have just been HILARIOUS

"Here have this Herb"

"Oh does it Restore health?!"

"Yeah something like that kid... damn tha's a nice weapon!"

Mathim

Quote from: SweetSerenade on January 12, 2015, 10:00:07 PM
I think Wonderland was never truly destroyed, same with Neverland. There was a few worlds that never saw such a thing. Like Hallow Bastion was once Beasts Castle, the world was destroyed and then Reestored in KH1 making that realm a playable world in KH2... So I would imagine it would be interesting to see other timelines.

There is still a lot of Disney they can delve into - like the several companies Disney owns... IE Pixar, Miramax... and the like. I wish they had considered the concept of Jay and Silent bob... because that would have just been HILARIOUS

"Here have this Herb"

"Oh does it Restore health?!"

"Yeah something like that kid... damn tha's a nice weapon!"

LOL, what? Pixar, I'd expect, maybe a Toy Story world, or hell, the Incredibles! But otherwise, a little far-fetched. Even the Marvel and Star Wars stuff seems really, really wrong, and would pollute the series. If I had the choice, Monsters, Inc. would be the top of my list for Pixar animated features to incorporate into the KH universe.

SweetSerenade

It's just a funny concept me and my group toss around periodically. It can be quite interesting to imagine all the worlds that could be use. I personally think Rise of the Guardians could be interesting, if added in. I can't remember if Disney owns the rights to that one, through a side company. Disney really does own a lot...

Mathim

You know what would be awesome to incorporate into KH from other Squeenix games? Some characters from Chrono Trigger! Maybe given them their own world, not unlike Hollow Bastion.

Drake Valentine

Quote from: SweetSerenade on January 12, 2015, 10:20:01 PM
It's just a funny concept me and my group toss around periodically. It can be quite interesting to imagine all the worlds that could be use. I personally think Rise of the Guardians could be interesting, if added in. I can't remember if Disney owns the rights to that one, through a side company. Disney really does own a lot...

It is by Dreamworks. I don't believe Disney owns Dreamworks; but who knows, maybe Disney will buy them out next.

However, Disney owns Marvel and Lucasarts/Lucas Entertainment. Marvel films is now a subdivision of Disney(thats right, Disney bought them) and of course Disney bought out rights to Lucas.

Personally I rather not see any marvel characters in KH series.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Obsidian Isolabella

They've been showing parents more in newer Disney films though. And even though I'm sure a lot of us would have like to see more of the parents from older films; most of the time those parents are gone.

Snow White: You never actually see her father, but since the evil stepmother Queen is ruling I'd say its fair to estimate either he's dead, or away all the time
Cinderella: She only has her wicked stepmother around since her parents are dead (I'm now seeing a very odd pattern with stepmother's lol xD)
Aurora: Her parents are in the film, so this one doesn't count since they are involved
Belle: Her father is in it, but  I don't remember any explanations given as to where her mother was/went
Jasmine: Same here as above
Ariel: Her mother's death is explained and her dad is a pretty main character in it

So the parents are there just not a whole lot. Or did I miss the point? Sorry, been a rough couple of days. Also, I saw something about how Hollow Bastion was Beasts Castle? How so? Hollow Bastion has always been Radiant Garden. Beast ended up there through sheer force of will/heart to be with Belle once their world fell to darkness and Belle was taken by Maleficent. Maybe I missed something on that one too. >_<;;

SweetSerenade

My mistake, on beasts castle. Also, not exactly sure why Snow White never became a queen. Belle and Jasmine likely lost their mothers to child birth given the time period

Obsidian Isolabella

Quote from: SweetSerenade on January 13, 2015, 10:23:53 AM
My mistake, on beasts castle. Also, not exactly sure why Snow White never became a queen. Belle and Jasmine likely lost their mothers to child birth given the time period

I was thinking maybe I missed a bit of the convo. lol xD

They never address that actually. Or to my knowledge... I know in the live action one she becomes Queen, but not in the Disney one or even the... um... ohhh what is that other one. Its like... Snow White and the dwarfettes? Not a Disney film. But one of my favorite childhood films because it told a story of what happened after the Disney film or supposedly you know.

Mathim

Considering how many sequels to things they've made, I'm surprised a lot of this hasn't been given the same treatment to resolve the ambiguity about who becomes what and such. Obviously not everyone has a happy ending, at least not right away.

Marx

Has anyone seen the new Keyblade design recently? Supposedly, it can transform into a gun and cannon, and shares a very similar design to that of Oathkeeper (It also looks less like a key variation and more sword themed much like Ultima Weapon in Kingdom Hearts 1.) I wonder if this hints as it being the first keyblade you can acquire? In the first gameplay trailer,you kind of see the whole transformation gimmick with Sora's Kingdom Key for when they turned into two guns.

What are your guys thoughts on this new gameplay mechanic? Personally, I think it is a cool change of pace.
O/O

Obsidian Isolabella

Yes, actually, there is a video where you see Sora change the keyblade into guns. So that has been confirmed actually that that is part of the new design. I agree that it is different and new. I kind of think they should have Sora able to use two keyblades period and then be able to transform those into the other weapons like guns. So far I've only seen him using one keyblade, but I just think that'd be pretty badass for him to wield two keyblades normally with this game. The battle graphics from what I've seen are like... out of this world impressive. I mean, obviously with games like Final Fantasy: Lightning Returns and XV(if I used the right roman numerals for 15?) its not surprising that the graphics are that awesome. I've also read up recently that they are going to be using a certain kind of graphic design that is similar to what we've seen in the trailers for FF15. So, instead of the more cartoon feel to it or animated feel I think they're trying to make it more realistic without losing the charm of it all. If that makes sense? Like, I think they are making it more like the opening/ending scenes for the play through and stuff.

Here is the video from E3 in 2013 I think it was? It shows gameplay and you can see Sora wielding two guns at the end of it if you haven't seen this one already. ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zwkc3nqfFE

Drake Valentine

I though Sora was going to be older/look more grown up from rumors or what has been spoken on the grapevine.

Still looks like a kid to me. ;/

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Marx

Quote from: Drake Valentine on January 15, 2015, 07:56:35 AM
I though Sora was going to be older/look more grown up from rumors or what has been spoken on the grapevine.

Still looks like a kid to me. ;/
Technically he is more older and mature compared to his KH2 adaptation of himself, and you can see it in some of his features. His facial structure seems more linear then his say "rounded" look in KH1 and 2. Though, the game is still in development so we will just have to wait and see for the differances in the final product ( But they are defitnilly there)
O/O

Obsidian Isolabella

I'm not sure about him looking older since these events are going to be taking place right after Dream Drop Distance which also happened right after KH2 supposedly. They have mentioned different styles of clothing for the characters, but nothing yet about him looking older. But, I'm sure they are going to make him appear maybe a little more mature? I mean, Sora's always going to have that dork goofy side to him that makes him a very lovable character, but he's learned a lot along the way. So maybe its personality that will change a little? With only like two videos out right now for the game I'd say its still an unknown possibility. I don't think they've really released any videos with actual footage of the storyline or anything. The only one I've seen with even hints is the one with Sora on Destiny Islands picking up Eraqus' keyblade. Other than that its all gameplay videos so far.

Marx

So, a couple of friends of mine got into a discussion on how the party system will be implemented this time around. It would probably work the same as did previous KH installments did, BUT the party members themselves would be a lot more interactive and supportive. It was hinted at they plan to make characters like Goofy and Donald to be less than mindless AI running around doing random casts or Donald healing Goofy all the time rather than focus on actual members in danger or something similar. What my friends and I talked about was would the party system be more intricate somehow? Can we actually rely on the members abilites to help the gameplay further and spend more time fine tuning the party for best battle results e.t.c. Now, that is not to say you could not do that in previous Kingdom Hearts games, it just so happens to be that you can focus soley on Sora and still get through a majority of the game without tinkering with party abilities or stats too much nor is it that I am saying the party system is useless.
O/O

Obsidian Isolabella

The system could definitely be different. It needs upgrades to it and I for one would love more of the birth by sleep system to play a role in this one. The card system? No thank you! That was such a pain in the backside that I didn't bother playing through KH Re: CoM. I also wasn't a fan of the DDD game system, so hopefully those two won't play a part.

Marx

Quote from: Raven's Seduction on January 18, 2015, 06:59:02 PM
The system could definitely be different. It needs upgrades to it and I for one would love more of the birth by sleep system to play a role in this one. The card system? No thank you! That was such a pain in the backside that I didn't bother playing through KH Re: CoM. I also wasn't a fan of the DDD game system, so hopefully those two won't play a part.
Quite frankly, I just hope they improve the AI. Even if I set the priorities on Donalds abilities, he almost always healed at the wrong times or didn't use his casts to help me.

"Oh Sora I see you took some damage, let me heal you."

Sora casts heal on himself, followed by Donald healing you to late wasting magic.

Freaking Donald. XD
O/O

Obsidian Isolabella

Well I mean, there were settings in KH2 to put the party members on specific settings for how they focus on Sora or other party members. I know whenever I'd be leveling up for the different forms I'd always set the party members on focusing on healing and supporting Sora.

Marx

That is true, it just in my experience there were instances where my party seemed to do something out of the norm or were not as helpful at all in some battles.

So, if in KH3 that won't be as much of an issue where you wont have to specify party skillsets as much then that is a +plus for me :-)
O/O

Obsidian Isolabella

It probably would make things quite a bit easier. One way it might be interesting, and I use the term might very cautiously here, is if you can switch between the three? If they could figure a way to keep it live-action and real time instead of turn based, then it might be kind of cool to switch between the three members of the party to use whatever you might need at that time.

Marx

Quote from: Raven's Seduction on January 18, 2015, 07:46:31 PM
It probably would make things quite a bit easier. One way it might be interesting, and I use the term might very cautiously here, is if you can switch between the three? If they could figure a way to keep it live-action and real time instead of turn based, then it might be kind of cool to switch between the three members of the party to use whatever you might need at that time.
Well it will still be action-RPG based as all the Kingdom Hearts had (Turn based implies selectively choosing your next attack in an order fashion.) Though, I do see what you mean.

Being able to switch between playable characters mid-battle would be awesome! So long have I wanted to play as Goofy (You can technically do this if you have mods or a copy of gameshark where you can download/transfer  codes to play as the other AI characters in-game.)
O/O

CaptainNexus616

I'm personally curious if they will add new Drive Forms and what they will be. In the trailer and the footage released he still has his KH 2 clothes so I'm hoping for something along those lines since I loved dual wielding Keyblades.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌