Movie studio period piece

Started by RedEve, May 03, 2015, 05:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

This is an idea I have considered for a while.

It would revolve around a fictional movie studio sometime in late 1930s or early 1940s Hollywood.

Ruthless and power hungry studio executives run their businesses like their own private empire.

Each studio has its own stable of thespians, showgirls, hoofers, pinups and beefcakes.

The actors and suits alike rub shoulders with real-life gangsters and wealthy eccentrics à la Howard Hughes.

Sex is a common currency in obtaining power and wealth.

Blackmail is the norm.

Within this snake's nest, I would focus the story on a fictional studio. Formerly small, but now an up and comer, and ambitious and capable enough to get the attention of some of the more established studios.

The idea is for the PCs to be original characters, whilst some of the NPCs will be real-life Hollywood stars of the past. So your actor character could run into say, Orson Welles or Erroll Flynn at a party.

Bugsy Siegel could flirt with your actress character. Howard Hughes could invite your ingenue up into his aircraft.

But the main story would focus on how they all try to make their mark on Tinseltown.

In terms of the roles, I would prefer if it was not limited to just actors and actresses. A good mix of actors and directors, studio execs, or even say jealous husbands, dodgy agents, ... all fit into this story.

The idea is not to start this up right away. First I want to test the interest, then I would like to brainstorm in terms of what should be the long-term plot lines.

Express your interest in here!
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

SlipperySue

Would definitely consider a role, either an actress, aspiring actress doing whatever needed to survive until she gets her break or a scheming secretary in the studio offices.

eiselmann

Wouldn't mind being a studio exec ...young (under 25) from a powerful family who are looking to become major players in the entertainment industry
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0