Benevolence (Interest thread)

Started by Wolfie, October 04, 2013, 07:50:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfie

(I will be refining this idea over the next week or two)

So what I was thinking was having two parallel realms, one dark (eternal night), one light (eternal day). In each all creatures can use varied levels of magic. The light is ruled by a king, and the dark a queen. The two realms may not coexist as one world, or it would collapse into oblivion. The catch is that only the queen knows this. And the king has set out to collect a a pair of ritualistic tomes, one hidden in each realm, that would, in theory, allow him to combine the two realms.

The path between the two is called the Gate of Sacrifice. To cross into the opposite realm one must give up something crucial to them (such as one of the five senses or their magical prowess), that will not be returned until returning to their own world.

Obviously only nocturnal creatures in the dark realm and vice versa. For example, dwarves and humans would not be found in the dark realm, but elves and nekos can.

For character species I am willing to be lenient for you creative people, as long as their home realm makes sense.

Magic elements for the light realm: Wind, metal, ice, light, electric
Magic elements for the dark realm: earth, water, fire, shadow, forest

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I really want this to work, as it will be inspiration for my novel.
I'd prefer anyone interested to be able to post at least 2-4 decent paragraphs, but once again, I am lenient. Just no one liners.

Thanks for taking the time to look over my idea, and I also thank everyone in advance for any ideas you may provide me with!

Yukina

Seems interesting. :) Are the people in the dark realm evil or do they just have dark races?

Wolfie

Yukina

Ok. :) Thank you for answering my question. I think I'll make a meek neko then. :)

Wolfie

Well, it'll be a while before it's up. But thanks. Tally up one for the dark realm lol

Yukina

Not a problem. It seems like an interesting plot. :)

Wolfie

Thank you. I've been told it's rather unique.

Yukina

I think I might make my neko have a brave alter ego, though she's faking the brave persona. It truly wouldn't be that hard with magic. :)

Wolfie

Well, I'm going to have magic divided into categories and elements. That's what I plan to get done today.

Yukina

Interesting. I look forward to seeing your progress. :)

Charlotte Fox

I may be interested in the dark realm as well. What sort of creatures are you wanting to allow?

Wolfie

I was planning on allowing  pretty much anything you can come up with,  as long as the realm makes sense and the creature isn't godly. The only characters that should be that difficult to defeat, are the king and queen.
Also, each character will be allowed two magic elements from their realm.

Karasu

pretty interesting Wolfie. Color me interested.
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

Yukina

I can't wait to see which realm has which magic. :)

Wolfie

Actually I put it up earlier. Take a look.

Yukina

That looks great then, Wolfie! :) Just a question: is it possible to create metal armor with shadow magic despite there already being metal magic?

Wolfie

Yes and no. while not actually metal, the shadows could wrap around ones body, and harden rapidly to prevent damage to the caster. That would be the shadow armor spell.

Yukina

Quote from: Wolfie on October 04, 2013, 09:14:35 PM
Yes and no. while not actually metal, the shadows could wrap around ones body, and harden rapidly to prevent damage to the caster. That would be the shadow armor spell.

Ok. Thank you for clarifying. :) Are there spells that utilize two elements?

Wolfie

Well I'm going to list generic spells that are for all elements tomorrow (such as armor spells which will be immune to their own element), everything else will be up to your imagination. I won't force people to list them all off though.
Also each character will have a signature spell unique to their character. Guess you could call it a finishing move lol.

FATALITY! ;D

Yukina

That's sounds great then. :)

NEKOTALITY!! :)

Wolfie

I'm hoping that this creative freedom will lead to some creative characters and encounters.

Stygia

This sounds pretty interesting. It's definitely a unique idea. Would there be a space in between light and dark realms where people from the two realms can mingle, or is it a strictly one side or the other situation?

...how would you feel about bird-folk on the light side? Human form, but with wings, toe-talons, and hollow bones? *grin*

Wolfie

It would be one side or the other. There would be one space in between, but that is reserved for something special.

And avian characters would be a welcome addition to the roleplay.

Stygia

Most excellent. Count me in when you're ready to get it rolling :) I'll start thinking about a character.

Wolfie

It'll be a bit but I appreciate it.