Final Fantasy VI: Lost Magicite [UN]

Started by Lunaris, February 20, 2009, 12:13:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunaris

Many have played the Final Fantasy series of videogames and we all have our favorites amongst them. For me, that favorite is Final Fantasy 6. It was my introduction into the series and to this day, the story and adventure within that game bring a smile to my face. It was colorful and rich despite the dark tones of the tale and the eventual breaking of the world. It's home to my favorite villain of all time and some of my favorite heroes.

I loved it for it's large cast and their varied personalities. I loved it for the mystique brought in by the espers and rarity of magic. For the past wars that explained them all. I loved the floating continent and airships. The endearingly perverted kings and charming thieves. I could go on and on about it...but it'll all lead to a central point. I would love to RP in this setting!

In fact, if any E members are willing to undergo this journey with me, I'd like to do so with three others! I'd like to do something that takes place in the world *before* Kefka won and destroyed it. The cast would be an unknown group of people that will find their own path and become heroes in their own right. While Terra, Locke, and Celes are taking the fight to the Empire, perhaps another group is escaping its clutches. While Setzer sails the skies in his airship, maybe one on the sea sets anchor at a mysterious hidden land...

First Plot: One of the little known Magitech experiments led to profound results and even greater findings. One particular volunteer developed a unique ability after her Magitech infusion. With but a few moments of concentration, she could track Espers and Magicite!

This boon led the Empire to several Espers before she pinpointed a hidden continent layered in thick illusion magics. A place thought to exist in only the tales and texts of the superstitious was finally revealed as a truth!

In lieu of this discovery, the Emperor sends in an elite team of specialized soldiers with orders to obtain any Magicite or capture any live Espers by any means necessary.

Alternate Plot: Magitech infusions were not always successes. In some, the results were disappointing or yielded no development of magic at all. For a group of subjects deemed as failures, the order to terminate was given. The scientists drew samples from their cells and prepared the tools that would put them to sleep.

But that which should have killed them instead awakened the power within. They burst free of their confines and slew their captors.

The alarm sounds and the Empire's soldiers are in hot pursuit. Will the experimental Magitech knights make it out alive? Or will they find themselves in slave collars -or worse- under the looking glass of amoral engineers yet again?

Paladin

Lunaris

Excellent! Which of the plots appeals to you most?

Paladin

Actually both are really great ideas. If I had to choose though I'd say the first one.

Lunaris

Hmm... And now we just need two more people to voice interest before we can get started. So, Paladin, I wager you're familiar with FF 6? Going by your name should I guess that the infusion turned your character into a Paladin of sorts? :p

Speaking of which...the characters involved will naturally develop abilities over time just as Celes and Terra did in-game. I'd prefer not to use any of the Espers that were found in-game, but perhaps you all can get creative and think up new espers whos magicite have been infused into the characters (if we do the second plot, that is). In the first plot idea, none of the characters will be capable of magic or superhuman feats (Such as the Cover ability) until they find espers/magicite.

Paladin

Why yes I do like Paladin's. Heck my favorite Final Fantasy was 2 umm 4 in Japan.

Dizzied

I've never played the game, but I've read quite a few fanfics.  I've got a pretty good idea of the setting, and if we started playing, I'm sure I'd find the time to start playing the game. >_<

At any rate, I'd be interested in playing.  Were you thinking freeform, or did you have a system in mind?

Limoncello

You have my attention. ^^ I will looking at this thread for any updates that comes to it. Of course if you need a guy that is. If you do not need a guy then that is fine ^^.
Cello Ons and Offs Work in process
Absence  Updated 12/8/2011

Currently accepting rps. Currently updating Ons and Offs. Message me for any ideas you may have or want to try.

Lunaris

@ Dizzied: Freeform within minor boundaries, I'd say. I might give the enemies labels so as to designate just how tough they are in battle. Like...with a minion being sort of a pushover while something of legendary strength could very likely wipe the group out. I might ask people to discuss their classes and abilities with me before they hop in.

But if you're asking about dice rolling and math, heck no. *laughs* I hate math!

Overall, I'd like for the people in the group to start off a little green. Sure, the infusion makes them powerful, but soldiers and beasts should pose a challenge at the start. What I may do is level people up during unexpected moments... Like...let a spell they cast unexpectedly explode into something far more potent.

I'd call it quasi-freeform. :)

@ Paladin: Heeheehee. I've been playing 4 on my DS while riding the train to and from work.

Lunaris

Oh! And I should say that it'd be a good idea for everyone to look at each others' interests and see what they can enjoy out of this. I'm not meaning for this to be simply-PG 13... Or maybe it can be and we can simply split off into one on one threads for when things take sensual turns between characters. :)

*chuckles* To be honest, Cello, I don't even know what the other authors intend to play gender-wise.

Paladin

I pretty much stick to playing a guy. As to where this gos, R, X, XXX. I really don't care.

Lunaris

Alrighty. After a good look though our on-offs, we all wouldn't seek all that well when it comes to lovescenes. So...I have a proposal. Should characters become interested in each other, perhaps we can put their lovescenes in separate threads, so as to not squick other players out. For example. I'm like...supah-lesbian, and Dizzied is like, supah-straight. So...should my character wind up in a lesbian love scene somehow, I'd take that to a separate thread so that Dizzied doesn't turn green and make offerings to the porcelain god. And...if Dizzied's character were to wind up in something with a male character, it'd be the other way around.

Does that make sense?

Also...as far as the plots go, I may simply combine them into something larger. Perhaps the escape from the Magitech lab and city lands them on a boat. Perhaps that boat takes damage as it sails out of port and veers far off course until they land at the isle.

Teno

I'm interested :D Not many games where the villain got his way, I guess that's why the game's so memorable.

Dizzied

Sounds good, Lunaris.  Though I'm not really disgusted by lesbian scenes- they just don't, how does one say...do it for me.  I won't go getting sick.  But I see other advantages to the idear of making separate threads for the 'intimate' scenes as well.

Plot wise, I like the idea.  I'll start milling around my head for character ideas.  I'm thinking a young woman who was soldier for the empire, and signed up for the experiments voluntarily.

Paladin

As for me I don't care about what scenes happen.

Lunaris

That's wonderful news! I'll get started on things when I get back tomorrow. For now, I'm off to work! ^_^

Creeper

If I can play a character like Gau (I think that's what his name was) then I'll be interested. Perhaps a researcher who tried to transfer some phyiscial attributes of monsters and went insane. Now he/she/it can only serve a use to the empire this way.
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

Limoncello

Quote from: Lunaris on February 20, 2009, 01:01:22 PM
Oh! And I should say that it'd be a good idea for everyone to look at each others' interests and see what they can enjoy out of this. I'm not meaning for this to be simply-PG 13... Or maybe it can be and we can simply split off into one on one threads for when things take sensual turns between characters. :)

*chuckles* To be honest, Cello, I don't even know what the other authors intend to play gender-wise.

Its all good. Looking forward to it.

Currently accepting rps. Currently updating Ons and Offs. Message me for any ideas you may have or want to try.

Lunaris

Just posting to say I haven't forgotten about ya'll! But I do have to work again tonight! After this shift, I'm FREEEEEEEEEEE!  ;D

Limoncello

Lunaris

Alright! So after going through offs and ons and finding extra members for this, I've decided to run both plots and place the authors into two groups. Assuming there are no objections or sudden changes, the end result should look like this:

Hidden Continent (First Plot): Paladin, Cello, Dizzied, Creeper. (I will simply narrate and paint the scenes)

Escape from the Devil's Lab (Second Plot): Myself, Teno, Midnight, The Writer

Of course, if you'd rather go under a different plot than the one designated for you, you could probably switch places with another writer or simply request a shift. This was simply an attempt to equalize and match up writers with similar interests.

Also, shall I post a character sheet template for everyone to work on?

Limoncello

Creeper

That's fine, but I'd rather my character be capable of Rage at the start of the game. I'm willing to tweak it's origin accordingly. So I might be better suited to the second plot. I donno.

Templates are fine and dandy like cotton candy.
Ons and Offs, yo: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=4370.0

Too tired to post Wednesday night. Posts on Thursday!

Dizzied

Sounds good to me.  For the guys in the "Hidden Continent" plot, do you mind if I play the ranking officer of the group?  A tomboyish young woman who's an excellent, though somewhat unseasoned member of the military?  Of course, don't think you won't be able to have some fun with her.  She'd just need some proper motivation... ;)

Paladin

I was going to make a knight or Paladin of course. ;)  I really don't care who's incharge just be aware I'll probably be trouble for ya.