News:

Main Menu

Winter is Coming...

Started by Rhapsody, April 01, 2012, 04:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Rhapsody on April 24, 2014, 07:44:41 AM
None of the books were too big for paperback. I have all five in paperback and they're all single volumes.

Yea, I have all five in paperback as well. >.>

I took my time reading them, ironically I started after I saw the first season. I finish four within the year, could of probably done all five, but it was hard finding a single copy for DoD's. Well, locally anyways. Also, this is me reading during my work lunchbreaks to past time, if I focused on them I am sure I could of finished them all much sooner, but then there will just be a boring hour at lunch. ;\

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Aiden

Quote from: Rhapsody on April 23, 2014, 06:04:55 PM
I can't find the source, but honestly, if they go extra-canon, it'll be after The Winds of Winter. They're breaking the books into two seasons apiece now (Storm of Swords comprised Season 3 and Season 4, and I estimate that Feast For Crows is going to be about the same, then there's still A Dance With Dragons, so that's into Season 8 before they have to worry about Book 6, giving GRRM an additional 4 years to complete TWOW).

I'm not sure how accurate that is now with the half books per season. The books are broken down with what's going on in the north and what is going on in the south.

And the show seems to be following a more linear, so they will be pulling from all of them. (or that is what I am hoping).

But not saying they can't stretch this into 8 seasons, there is a hell of a lot of content to cover.

Now for something different.

If you guys are not fans of South Park, I would recommend watching the 3 episodes that spoof GoT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGN3d3OlO_c

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s17e07-black-friday
That is the first episode.

WackWackWack

I like the fact that they're deviating from the book in certain aspects. Mostly
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
The Hound dying in the bar, it seems that they'll extnd his role, which is nice because he's probably my favorite character ATM. I think he's still alive in the book, as the Gravedigger

Rhapsody

I have no idea what the fuck
Brann is doing at Craster's
but it should be interesting when
Jon gets there with his band o' brothers to kick ass and take names. I fully expect that, after Owen Harper Karl from Gin Alley made a big deal out of "they'd take my hand for slapping a little lord like you", Summer's gonna bite that sumbitch right off.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Iniquitous

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I'm LOST! What the hell did I just watch?! I mean... the white walker offering up the baby? Ghost being caged and Bran at Castor's... and who the hell are the Night's Watch at Castor's?!
Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

Rogue

Quote from: Iniquitous Opheliac on April 30, 2014, 11:54:12 AM
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I'm LOST! What the hell did I just watch?! I mean... the white walker offering up the baby? Ghost being caged and Bran at Castor's... and who the hell are the Night's Watch at Castor's?!

because I hope it will be explained later...
At least as far as the night's watch at castor's they were the traitors who killed the Lord Commander. :) Idk about the white walker offering up the baby but GRRM is helping with the writing so he's probably using the medium to explain aspects that wouldn't have been shown in any other character's POV. As for Bran being at Castor's.... If they take away Bran's story line I'ma be pissed as hell. Ghost being caged was probably what happened while Ghost was gone for a while there mayhaps. He won't be caged for long. :)

jouzinka

Goodness, the scenes between Ramsay and Theon were painful to read, I would have never guessed they would be even more painful to watch.

*shivers*
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Stella

Definitely. I always have to find something else to do when those scenes are on. I find them really difficult to watch.

jouzinka

It was an amazing ep, though. Peter Dinklage stole the show in the throne room.

And just as I settle on accepting that Varys is simply in it for the power he has, he makes a meaningful look at the throne in the scene with Oberyn, whom Pedro Pascal plays as if he stepped right out of the books.

Just... wow.

Stella

Oh god, Peter was incredible. He had me literally on the edge of my seat with my mouth hanging open.

I'm pretty certain I won't be able to watch Oberyn's battle with the Mountain. I'm not ready to lose him! He brings an amazing dynamic to Kings Landing ... I'm sure I didn't appreciate the character so much in the books.

I really ship Tyrion/Shae, though. That scene between them, and knowing where she's headed, just broke my poor little shipper heart.

Remiel

That episode was fucking amazing.  From Jaime's appeal to Tywin, to Peter Dinklage's impassioned and embittered speech at the end, it had me on the edge of my seat for the whole episode.

Also, Ramsay Snow is pure evil.  He's a bastard in more ways than one.

Caeli

So I've been a little behind, slowly catching up.  I'm on the last couple of episodes from Season 3 right now, and...

I knew it was coming, but the Red Wedding. :'(
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Remiel

Did anyone else notice that the music played during the closing credits was the Rains of Castamere?

jouzinka

I did! Was wondering about the reason. After all, it wasn't particularly a Lannister victory...

Remiel

I think it was used in an ironic sense.  After all, the Rains of Castamere symbolizes the utter destruction of anyone who opposes Tywin Lannister.  Except Tyrion did just that, ruining Tywin's deal with Jaime, by demanding trial by combat.

jouzinka

Oh, you just reminded me of the look on Jaime's face when Tywin said: "Deal."

So so priceless. XD

Remiel

Quote from: jouzinka on May 13, 2014, 09:14:28 AM
Oh, you just reminded me of the look on Jaime's face when Tywin said: "Deal."

So so priceless. XD

I think he actually said "Done", but yes, I know what you mean.  Like Jaime was in complete disbelief that his entreaty actually succeeded.

Iniquitous

The episode was awesome sauce. I agree that Peter Dinklage stole the episode. I both dread and look forward to what's coming.

Funny thing ... everyone at work knows I have read the books and I came into work yesterday with everyone going "what's going to happen?! Is he honestly going to fight? Tell me Jaime is going to fight for him!" Made me laugh, especially when they all started speculating in the wrong direction when I wouldn't tell them anything.

jouzinka

I'm really really interested in seeing whom will they blame Lysa on, since they totally omitted that minstrel...   ???

Having always watched this on the small(ish) display of my computer, I watched last week's episode on a big screen in blu-ray quality.

Holy crap.  :o

Stella

I don't see who else they can pin it on, since they've not given screen time to any Eyrie inhabitants except Robert, Lysa, Petyr and Sansa.... perhaps Marillion will magically appear as scapegoat next episode.

Edit: OK, just read on the Wiki that adaptation!Marillion had his tongue cut out by Joffrey seasons back so idk what Petyr's got planned, lol.

jouzinka

Maybe Baelish will claim she threw herself into the Moon Door willingly?  Playing a broken devastated husband...

Remiel

At this point, I imagine Littlefinger can say whatever the hell he wants without fear of opposition (well, much opposition...) 

Iniquitous

The preview for next week has Sansa saying Littlefinger has told a lot of lies and she has to tell the truth. So I am quite curious how they are going to go forward. Though, I am glad Lysa is gone now. She irked me something fierce.

Rave

I'm so glad I found this thread.

Lets just...get two things out of the way.

"I will be your champion."

Goddamn, ninjas cutting onions.

Also, SO satisfying to see Lysa fly. My god, I lost my shit when he pushed her off. Jesus.

Is it odd that Baelish is kind of stealing the show for me? I love the way he twists and plots things like that, its like he's so deliciously evil and I'm really curious as to how he'll move forward. I do have a question though, does this technically make him Lord of the Vale since he married her? Or does that title still remain in the hands of her little shit-head son?

jouzinka

He will effectively rule until Robin comes of age. IF Robin ever comes of age... ::)