RUGBY - For whom do you cheer?

Started by NiceTexasGuy, March 11, 2011, 05:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

consortium11

Quote from: AllieCat on April 10, 2011, 02:49:32 AM
There's a network that shows it here in the US (I know, my SO is a soccer fan and they show rugby on it too)...

I tried watching it, right now too much like "Kill the Man with the ball".. But one of the teams had the wackiest shirts!

Looks like an explosion in a paint factory..

But mmmm.. rugby players *grins*

That's the evil Harlequins, who, as a London Irish fan, I have to boo and hiss at every available opportunity.

But if you want to see a really funky kit, I offer you Stade Francias... who are infamous for this sort of thing:

Callie Del Noire

Ah Hurley, the OTHER sport responsible for my crooked nose. (the first being Hurley). I ne repaid much attention to the international level clubs growing up in county Longford, just the local games. I get the feeling I missed out.

NiceTexasGuy

Quote from: consortium11 on March 22, 2011, 05:55:54 AM

As for who you should support it should of course be London Irish.

Why?

Because

Because

Because

Because

Because

Because

Because

Because

You've certainly made the most compelling argument.  Ironically, the only televised matches of the London Irish I found were on a channel I don't get.   >:(

Meanwhile, I'm immersing myself in Southern Hemisphere SupeRugbY and making some progress toward understanding the game.  As for the guys in the uniforms shown above ... well ... it looks like they just deserve to get hit.

XD
What a shame -- The money you spent on those tattoos could have gone toward a boob job.
===
My Ons and Offs:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=97303.0
==============
I have taken The Oath of Don't Waste My Friggin' Time

consortium11

Quote from: NiceTexasGuy on April 10, 2011, 03:42:20 PM
You've certainly made the most compelling argument.  Ironically, the only televised matches of the London Irish I found were on a channel I don't get.   >:(

Meanwhile, I'm immersing myself in Southern Hemisphere SupeRugbY and making some progress toward understanding the game.  As for the guys in the uniforms shown above ... well ... it looks like they just deserve to get hit.

XD

Super 14 is a great rugby set up... and as much as it pains me to say also probably the best in the world, while also being entertaining to watch. Watching fast paced attacking rugby with the ball in hand in the glorious Australian or South African sun does generally beat a tight game of tench warfare in the ruck during a soaking wet English miserable day for viewing pleasure.