One Dark Destiny [EX - NC]

Started by RedEve, April 26, 2010, 03:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

One Dark Destiny

What I have in mind is a post apocalyptic setting that borrows heavily from Serpieri’s Druuna. The word has become a bleak and sinister place. The population of the entire planet has been decimated and the few survivors live in the ruins of the technopolis the world had turned into at its absolute apex. Radiation and general contamination has lead to horrific mutations in so far that the baseline humanity as we know it today is all but gone. Just 0.5 % of the world’s population is genetically still human, the rest are mutants that deviate from their ancestors with varying degrees.

Not counting a few pockets of civilization where people have organized themselves around a power structure, most of mutated humanity now lives in marauding bands of humans who fight as much amongst themselves as against their rival clans.

What I am looking for in this roleplay is to play a woman who has the misfortune of not only being born as a 100% pure human, but an attractive one at that. As such, she constantly is at the mercy of the near beast-like mutants that now prowl the earth. She was live in a tiny community of other (near-)humans who are constantly attacked and harassed by the mutants that surround them.
This would be a small-to-medium sized group game. I am looking for several male characters to play the disgusting mutants who hunt my character to make her their sex slave. And maybe one or two other females who share my characters predicament.

The above image to illustrate the general atmosphere I’m aiming for.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Silk

I would be interested in taking one of the companion female roles if you would let me. :)

RedEve

Sure, you are most welcome to join. :) Assuming we find enough interested males, I will give you more details in terms of a character sheet.

GloomCookie

Hi!

I would like to play a sort of GM, serving both male and female roles, if you're interested.  Please get back to me about this, because it sounds neat!
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

RedEve

Well I am open to letting you GM. :)

Though I wouldn't mind one or a few more men to apply to play a few of the mutants as well.

schnookums

Awesome idea, I'll admit. Sadly I'd want to play one of the lades too ;)

RedEve

;D

Well, that's fine, though I have to say that I think I'll cap the amount of buxom victims at four for now. So any future applicant should be to play one of the mutated males.

argent wings

Perhaps I could assist in evening the gender balance. I'd be happy to play the role of some deranged twisted mutants. I'm not familiar with the source material, but I think you've explained the concept very clearly, so hopefully that won't be a problem.

RedEve

Quote from: argent wings on April 26, 2010, 12:55:27 PM
Perhaps I could assist in evening the gender balance. I'd be happy to play the role of some deranged twisted mutants. I'm not familiar with the source material, but I think you've explained the concept very clearly, so hopefully that won't be a problem.

No that's fine, you do not have to be familiar with the source material, it isn't suppose to be an exact copy anyway. You are basically playing a humanoid man-beast. The hideousness of your physical appearance (see the mutants in the image I posted above) is only dwarfed by the sheer nastiness of your mind.

MagicalPen

I love the few pictures I have seen of the Drunna series (can't seem to find the whole thing, or in English, anywhere) so would certainly be interested in playing one of the mutants.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

argent wings

I can manage that. Are we looking at a system or freeform game?

RedEve

Quote from: Eeyore on April 26, 2010, 12:59:31 PM
I love the few pictures I have seen of the Drunna series (can't seem to find the whole thing, or in English, anywhere) so would certainly be interested in playing one of the mutants.

That is fantastic. :)

I think we can start if we get one more male to participate. With Linna, Argent and you already willing to play some of the mutated men, we should have enough with one more to keep us all... occupied. ;)

Now in terms of the setting, think of a huge technopolis in total decay. Large wastelands lay in between the small clusters of civilization where other mutated creatures prowl on humans and humanoid mutants alike. The pure-bred human women would live in a small community that still has some semblance of civilization and hasn't deteriorated in total moral decay yet. But the constant mutant attacks are slowly chipping away at the morale.

RedEve

Quote from: argent wings on April 26, 2010, 01:01:08 PM
I can manage that. Are we looking at a system or freeform game?

This will be 100% freeform.

I would however like for Linna, who has been generous enough to take up the GM position to make sure that none of the encounters are unfair to either party. The idea is that we all have a maximum of fun out of this. ;)

argent wings

Flow

I do love a good post-apocalyptic story, and the artist's imagery is rather inspiring. I'd love to play a mutant, if you're still looking for more. ;3
There was no beginning
There will be no end
There is only now

RedEve

I sure am. That should sort out our roster of nasty mutants then. :)

CS for the "damsels":

Name:
Personality:
Bio:

CS for the mutants:

Name:
Nature of the mutation:
Personality:
Bio:

RedEve

Are you all still interested in this?

MagicalPen

Certainly!

(see the blue-bald-guy in OP for what I am looking at)

Name: Dargoth

Appearance: Dargoth appears to have blue metallic 'skin'. He is tall, at 6'6", and extremely strong despite not having an overly muscled body. If anything, he looks like a Grecian-Roman Statue that has come to life, with chiseled abs and features. There is not a hair on his body or any other pigment apart from shades of blue. Even the robes he wears are of the same blue as his skin.

Nature of the mutation: Dargoths people are not sure how the mutation occurred, but believe it had to do with one of the Technologies from the Old World meshing with human flesh. It makes their bodies as strong as steel, as is their skin, making them rather invulnerable to most weapons. Heat-based weapons (such as fire) however seem to have effects on them at high-enough heat (much like a melting candle) while the extreme cold also seems to make them lethargic and brittle.

Personality: Dargoth believes that the changes that have happened to his people are for the greater good, allowing them to survive in the world and to excel. He believes that other mutants are below him, that pure humans are too weak and let the world end in the first place. Humans are meant to be slaves and he shows no respect towards them.

Bio: Dargoth is not sure how old he is as his people make no marking of their birth. They have no memory of how they were created either but are certainly able to reproduce. Each BlueSteel Woman can only bare two children however, so their pure-blood-lines are valuable and are protected. They are able to interbreed with humans and other mutants, though this results in peculiar effects.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Kate

mind if a woman role plays a nasty raping male mutant ?

RedEve

Quote from: Kate on April 28, 2010, 09:13:46 AM
mind if a woman role plays a nasty raping male mutant ?

Not at all, we can never have enough of those. :p

schnookums

I'm still interested, will come up with my character hopefully today.

Flow

Name: Vorotos
Appearance:
Vorotos is the proud son of Venator, leader of a small race of gigantic four-armed humanoids called the Taegras. Fur lined with deep black stripes covers the tough skin of these creatures, suggesting a mutation involving feline genetics. Likewise, the menacing catlike fangs and razor-sharp claws at the ends of the Taegras' massive digits have proven to be their most trusted weapons. They are an elite warrior race who pride themselves on their hunting ability, seeking only blood as they embrace the one truth they know of the universe: only the strong survive.

Vorotos stands about 9 feet tall and weighs nearly five-hundred pounds; quite large, even for a Taegras, who average at about seven and a half feet. Venator is the largest and most powerful member of the tribe; and naturally, his son carries his superior genetics.

Nature of the mutation: In addition to growing two additional arms, the Taegras have adopted many sense-altering genetic mutations closely related to the feral big cats of the old world: their vision is perfect at night, they possess astounding agility in relation to their size (in comparison to a homosapien), retractable claws, and a particularly acute sense of hearing and smell. They are quite intelligent, showing many behavioral characteristics similar to human beings, including the use of advanced tools and technology.
Personality: Vorotos is a proud, fierce leader. Born and raised while being hunted day after day by rivaling species, his view on life is cold, dark, and clouded by blood. He considers the Taegras' mix of physical and mental prowess to be the most superior on Earth, slaughtering anything he doesn't deem beneficial to his race's cause; his people know little purpose other than to kill and multiply.
Bio: Part of one of few stationary Taegran tribes, Vorotos had been a hunter and soldier for nearly ten years before he became the leader of an offensive tactical unit, developed in order to quell the advance of the species surrounding the small stretch of forested land the Taegrans called home. The history of the Taegras is shrouded in mystery.
There was no beginning
There will be no end
There is only now

argent wings

Name: Arax
Appearance: Antlike.
Nature of the mutation: Four powerful arms, a chitinous exoskeleton and powerful jaws.
Personality: Persistent, hardworking and thorough he is a perfect labourer for his people. He likes to help himself to the rewards he feels he is entitled to, when he has the chance.
Bio: Given time there is no barrier that the ant-people won't borrow through if they are desperate enough for what is inside. Arax is a lowly worker, tasked with expanding their tunnels. But every so often Arax finds something he can take for himself.

Zebu

Quote from: RedEve on April 28, 2010, 10:36:25 AM
Not at all, we can never have enough of those. :p
Does this mean I'm not too late to add a character?

Also, based on your RH, it looks like you want reasonably humanoid mutants.  Have I got that right, or would something more exotic be fun?
Live forever or die trying.

For Great Justice
--Machiavelli.

Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.

Silk

Name: Ysena Levantine

Appearance:

Personality: Determined and fierce, Dark Gothic personality that has lost all hope in this world besides survival. Selfless in defence of others and willing to jump into the fray at a moments notice.

Bio: From a family named after the legendary Demon sword "Levantine" Ysena comes from a long line of soldiers. Trained in both hand to hand and in firearms, Ysena was part of her small colony's defence force against mutant attack. She has earned the respect of her colony as a experienced combatant, but it is only in superior numbers that they have been able to stave off attacks.