PM notification issue

Started by Calista Jade, April 07, 2010, 08:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calista Jade

For the past week, and randomly, I've been seeing weird things happen in my email box. Let's say I get a PM from A, gmail says so. I go read it, I dont delete it. So far so good. Later, I get a PM from B. Gmail says I get a PM from A, but when I open the email, I have the contents of the message sent by B. I look here in my inbox and everything looks fine. I've always had the same layout for my PM box (one at a time), I have no rules, no labels. It didnt happen before last week.

Any idea?
As of Feb 28th : Work is kicking my ass! I will post this weekend!!!

Ons and Offs

Vekseid

Are you sure they're not merging together on the gmail side?

Nessy

I have the same issue. I don't think its a gmail issue though. Not unless gmail is changing the actual link.
No matter what link I click, I will always be taken to the last message in my inbox on E. So if i have 5 new PMs and I click the first one sent, earliest time of day, I will always wind up looking at the fifth one, last one sent.
Ons and Offs    Short Term Ideas,
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Some heroes don't wear capes. Some just #holdthedoor.

Calista Jade

Well that's normal.

And pretty sure, Vek... I havent changed anything in my habits and it never did this before, even during a peak where I would get around 20 pms a day from various people. I also delete email notifications upon reading, which means that it shouldnt affect what the title says, as far as who sent me a PM. If that makes sense?
As of Feb 28th : Work is kicking my ass! I will post this weekend!!!

Ons and Offs

Nessy

Quote from: Calista Jade on April 08, 2010, 08:54:51 PM
Well that's normal.

And pretty sure, Vek... I havent changed anything in my habits and it never did this before, even during a peak where I would get around 20 pms a day from various people. I also delete email notifications upon reading, which means that it shouldnt affect what the title says, as far as who sent me a PM. If that makes sense?

My apologies. I thought this was what you are talking about. It's not normal for me as it didn't start that way when I started with E. If clicked take me to my inbox to read this message, it not only took me there but auto-quoted the message for me. Now it just dumps me to the the last inbox message. Anyway, evidently not the same issue you have.
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Nessy

Not sure if this is relevant either but I thought I would update with the info I discoverd. Gmail IS changing the links. I am not sure how they are changing the links, but if i click the link, it doesn't work. if i paste the link in the notifications I am receiving to the url bar, it works fine. It's pretty weird because if you right click the link and say open it in a new tab, also works. The only thing that is not working properly is actually clicking the link. THis could indeed be a gmail issues, as in a problem on their side, but i have no other site to compare it to.
Misc. Long Term Ideas

Vekseid

Quote from: Nessy on April 13, 2010, 08:05:55 PM
Not sure if this is relevant either but I thought I would update with the info I discoverd. Gmail IS changing the links. I am not sure how they are changing the links, but if i click the link, it doesn't work. if i paste the link in the notifications I am receiving to the url bar, it works fine. It's pretty weird because if you right click the link and say open it in a new tab, also works. The only thing that is not working properly is actually clicking the link. THis could indeed be a gmail issues, as in a problem on their side, but i have no other site to compare it to.

PM me an example?

Nessy

Misc. Long Term Ideas