Previous topic - Next topic

Rel Mayer

Narcia Merrick

Writer Name:  Rel Mayer

Character Name:  Narcia Merrick

Alias / Nickname: Narcia of the Shadows

Face Claim:  Carla Osso

Blood Status:  Human

Sellsword/Mercenary Company Name, Vessel Name, OR Country of Exile:  First Mate of 'Bartholomew "Devil's eye" Redwater' : Acting Captain of White Lotus during battle.

Country/Kingdom of Birth: The Shattered Isles - Small Island Named: Podrido

Physical Description:  Narcia is of average height. She stands at about 5'5 but usually appears taller because of tall boots. She has long black raven hair that flows down her back in light waves. Her skin is pale, considering that she's from an island in the Shattered Isles, but most of the people there have lighter skin. Her lips are blood red that contrast with her pale nature and her eyes are a hazel brown. Her face is usually very stern looking, but she is known to smile occasionally. Her voice is loud and brash, perfect for barking orders. Usually she is wearing a long black skirt that comes down to her long knee high black boots that strap up the sides. She also usually wears a corset of some color around her waist, but almost always wears a white top with ruffled edges around the wrist and the neck. On the top of her head is a black pirate hat that is large and usually cascades a shadow over her face. From a distance, most people don't know what her face looks like until they get up close.

She has a range of scars from sword fights, including some on her legs and but the defining one is a long thick scar across her stomach that extends to her right breast through her areola. Very few people know how she got this scar. People can usually see this scar when she's wearing clothing to blend in with other slaves while in other areas, because of this outfit. People know of her name, but few know of her face. So, she usually doesn't wear her pirate garb when walking around, unless she's on business.

Personality:  Narcia is very brash and demanding. She has little to no morals to live by besides the pirate code and that can make her seem very uncaring and almost sadistic at times. But at heart she is a true to the art of making money and living in the life of treasure. If that treasure may be people, goods, money, or jewels. It doesn't matter to her. Narcia gets the job done no matter what the costs. She has no loyalties with her island home town, any country, any culture, or any religion. She is only loyal to her Captain and a few higher ranking members of the ship. In Narcia's opinion, it wouldn't matter if anyone else died. Death means that those people were weak. Narcia can't stand weak people.

She likes being in charge and she's dominant by nature. She enjoys seeing people suffer and enjoys watching her amount of wealth increase because of it. Narcia is rather dark heart individual and although she doesn't act outwardly evil on the outside (usually she appears rather indifferent), she's truly corrupted and dark on the inside. Narcia does not fall in love or experience any type of emotion besides respect, lust, anger, and greed. She dislikes seeing hope in people's eyes and she also hates people who are too optimistic. Usually she'll find one way or another to shut them up and isn't against torturing her slaves while they're in transit to be sold if they begin acting up. It's actually one of her favorite past-times. She can be rather charismatic when she has to be, but it's never genuine. She only does it to get things done.

Her goal is to one day die in a cave buried with all of her wealth so no one else can have it. She believes that her wealth will come with her in the afterlife and her greedy nature doesn't want anyone else to have it. Accumulating enough wealth is one of her only prerogatives in life and if anyone stands in her way she will kill them. Although Narcia is rather emotionless, she fears feeling empathy and usually tries to distance herself from situations where she could possible feel her heart beating with that sort of emotion. She also secretly fears vampires, werewolves, and other ancient tales of mythical dark creatures, but she doesn't believe they exist anymore. The last thing she fears most of all is appearing weak.

Profession:  Pirate that that specializes in slave trading.

History: 
(This could change depending on the Crew's history.)
No parts of her are drawn to her past living on the small island of Podrido, which has since then been completely taken over by pirate slave trading. At a young age she was kidnapped to be sold into slavery, but escaped that lifestyle and tried to join the life of piracy. It was really a matter of luck how she escaped, because she was bought by a rich merchant and in the process of transit to Pastoria when a few guards stopped the slave traders. The normal process would be to ship the 'would have been' slaves back to The Shattered Isles, but Narcia didn't want to go back to that life. She had been rather drawn to the pirates that had brought her over and found their lifestyle intriguing. She escaped the clutches of the law and then tried to find her way into piracy. It was very hard to do, because not only was she a woman, but she was from a foreign island and a culture that most people were not aware of. People laughed at her and scored her and at a young age she learned to stand up for herself and fight. Quickly she made her way to Effigos, hoping to gain more respect in that area.

In between escaping slavery and becoming a pirate, Narcia was involved in slave trading. Stang Korik was watching how she was making some currency to live by nabbing slaves off of slaver trader boats and trying to sell them off by herself at the young age of sixteen. He invited her to work for his farm and began to train her in the ways of slave trading and also in combat. Narcia idolized the man and worked for him for over five years bringing slaves from point A to point B. She was very good at being tactical and was a very influential member of his Farm. She learned a lot about the trade at the time and although most people would have shied away of getting involved into a business that they almost were a slave to, Narcia saw it as an opportunity to gain money to live. She liked being on the other end of the spectrum. Eventually she grew a distaste for the fact that she wouldn't be able to be as wealthy as she wanted to with this sort of lifestyle. Korik had made it very clear that he had no intentions of passing the Farm off to a woman and she left his Farm on bad terms to pursue her childhood dream of becoming a pirate. She left Effigos and went to Malum to discover what she could find there.

A captain finally accepted her aboard his ship one day when she was in Malum, which were very dark times for Narcia. She was in a nasty brawl that involved some daggers at one of the drinking holes. Narcia never asked him why he truly took her in, but she assumed that he noticed the coldness of her eyes that could easily ignite with anger by the second. Maybe it was her ruthlessness when it came to giving people a bloody death and her tactical way of finding the best outcome that would bring the most amount of money in. Narcia never cared to ask, because she had finally found her way on the sea. Roaming and discovering the lands and picking up her own slaves to sell to the slave traders, because she received a lot more money this way and already was well aware of the process.

She cares little for her home island because she feels that everyone there is weak. Narcia believes that if she escaped then they should be able to escape as well, so when she deals with anyone she's capturing into slavery she shows no mercy. The people that captured her showed her no mercy, so in her opinion she should be even harder to those slaves who are caught. Narcia is well known among the slave traders for bringing excellently picked slaves that are trained to behave, because of the way they are treated aboard her ship. Currently she's in the process of becoming rather wealthy, but no where near where she wants to be. Her captain even eventually promoted her to the 'first mate' of the White Lotus, after she helped capture it with the aid of her companions knowing it would catch a good price. They decided to keep it and she now commands with a crew listens to her every word.

Still, she found herself sailing into Effigos very frequently once again and she needed to get herself involved back into the slave business, because she had enslaved some very good merchandise. She decided to reignite the old friendship with Korik by finding him excellent slaves that would be sold for a lot of money. The bad blood that was once there from when she left, had been wiped away with the amount of wealth the two were coming into. She's renowned now as Narcia of the Shadows, because few know what her face looks like. But she believes that she deserves every part of her fame. She had to work very hard to get to her current position and was exposed to many situations through her life which lead her to be the cold hearted woman that she is today.

Religion:  She follows no laws of spirituality besides conduct of pirate code.

Weapons:  Narcia is a fan of the sword, which she usually keeps at her side. Her personal sword is rather thin with a round hilt that covers her hand. She also usually arms herself with one dagger per boot. When in other clothing, she always has some sort of small knife tucked away on her belt or even in her bra.

Sexuality:  Dominant Bisexual.

On's and Off's:  Same as Writer. Off: For this character there will be absolutely no romance, everything sex wise will be completely lust based. It would stray too far from the personality I made with her. Other than that she's pretty sadistic and dominant, so have fun with that. :)

Extra pictures:

Let me know what you think.

Deathnote

Hmm... maybe I should recreate my old pirate character from way back when... >_>

He's basically a lookout/sea artist/archer/cartographer and regularly assists the navigator and boatswain by predicting the weather.

Here's the image I used for him:

Here's the live-action face I had in mind:

Derwaysh

Very interested. Catching up on a bit of reading and shall make me mark accordingly as soon as I'm all caught up. : )
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

ArtemisHighmore

Rel Mayer

Can I just take a minute to say that I'm super excited about the people who are interested in this?

Like...the setting is absolutely amazing by itself, but looking at everyone who is interested I really think this is going to be amazing.

GnothiSeauton

I already have the feeling it's going to be a bear to try and keep up with all of the posts.  For a while, every time I hit the post button, I got notified that there's a new post, and then another new post.

I'm going to get to Character sheets tonight.  I wanted my co-GM to get a look at some of the sheets before I weighed in on them. 

And I'm going to try and get the claims updated now!
If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Strangefate

Quote from: Sindra on September 10, 2014, 05:07:00 PM
I keep coming back to this game so I should just place my interest lol.  I'm still reading over the information that you have so kindly put up so I don't have a character in mind as yet.

Sindra!  Join us!  Join us!

Wait…

Didn’t I just say that somewhere else recently?  :D

Face claims:

David Bowie
Eva Green
Gabriel Byrne (tentative)

Unless I change my mind.  Or someone else already nabbed and I didn’t notice…
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Odanrav

I'm tentatively interested, and as it seems people are swooping in by the droves I'll go ahead and make a claim as well.

Todd Lasance

Edit: I'm considering a male slave character and wondering if that option is available to me. I've seen some folks desiring to be female slaves thus far, but haven't noticed any male ones.

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Odanrav on September 10, 2014, 06:09:03 PM
I'm tentatively interested, and as it seems people are swooping in by the droves I'll go ahead and make a claim as well.

Todd Lasance

Edit: I'm considering a male slave character and wondering if that option is available to me. I've seen some folks desiring to be female slaves thus far, but haven't noticed any male ones.

Male slaves are definitely an option.  Some could be used for pleasure, for hard labor, for crews, soldiers, pit fighters, etc.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Kokaine

I sent in a female pirate. Gonna be safe though and state my claim on Amanda Righetti for a face claim.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

GnothiSeauton

All claims are updated at this point, me thinks.

Quote from: Strangefate on September 10, 2014, 06:06:27 PM
David Bowie
Eva Green

You're going to kill me with those three...

Humminahumminahummina

Seeking New Stories

Sindra

I am considering two characters if it's allowed:

A male slaver  (Oded Fehr)

A willing pleasure slave that has been on the island awhile (Unknown Model)
Pending approval, I would like to work on finding a Master for the character as she has been a slave for awhile now.  It would help with some back story.  So, if you're potentially interested in a character having a loyal, willing pleasure slave, please PM me!

Derwaysh

After doing me reading I was hoping to go for a Hedge Knight-esque character.

Is that acceptable, milady Gnothi? We can always put him under the mercenary category if desired but the underlying concept involves him squiring for a certain Ser (NPC unless someone desires a connection) whose arms and armour he acquires at his death or when they part ways.

Cheers. : )

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Sindra on September 10, 2014, 06:43:24 PM
Pending approval, I would like to work on finding a Master for the character as she has been a slave for awhile now.  It would help with some back story.  So, if you're potentially interested in a character having a loyal, willing pleasure slave, please PM me!

I may take you up on this offer. I have an idea brewing in my head, but please feel free to make connections with anyone who has more than barely bare bones like I do. :P

Sindra

Quote from: Strangefate on September 10, 2014, 06:06:27 PM
Sindra!  Join us!  Join us!

Wait…

Didn’t I just say that somewhere else recently?  :D

Face claims:

David Bowie
Eva Green

Unless I change my mind.  Or someone else already nabbed and I didn’t notice…

*Laughs* I think we may have run into one another recently  ;D.  I'm not stalking you - I swear...  ::)

Quote from: Rel Mayer on September 10, 2014, 06:53:35 PM
I may take you up on this offer. I have an idea brewing in my head, but please feel free to make connections with anyone who has more than barely bare bones like I do. :P

Definitely let me know if the idea brewing comes to anything  :-)

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Sindra on September 10, 2014, 06:43:24 PM
I am considering two characters if it's allowed:

A male slaver  (Oded Fehr)

A willing pleasure slave that has been on the island awhile (Unknown Model)

UNF! ODED MY LOVE
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

ArtemisHighmore

Sindra

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on September 10, 2014, 07:10:38 PM
UNF! ODED MY LOVE

*Waggles eyebrows* Well, you know, if you want a slave character that he kept, I'm always open to discussion with you, sweets.  Heck, she could be his slave that helps him find others to collect for selling at the islands (just tossing out an idea lol). 

Interdiction of words

Another idea has brewed in the storm called my mind but I am a little hesitant to post it since it would mean that I am a pirate hunter in the name of what my character does. Think the British navy but more set to this. Would that work or would that cause problems in the group since that would mean I am hunting evil pirates to save the fair people around the islands?
Posts are currently: Medium
Darn work and school is getting in the way. I will get posts out as fast as I can but it is going to be hard on me as for you.

Oh my, I haven't posted on our thread? PM me or check out my A&A

Aiden

For those of you who are joining my ship, also Rel, I added a bit on when he met Narcia.

This is your captain, pending approval of course. But wanted the others to get a feel for him.

Bartholomew "Devil's eye" Redwater

Writer Name:  Aiden

Character Name:  Bartholomew Redwater , Born Samson Port (Port- Bastard name)

Alias / Nickname:  Devil's eye

Face Claim: David Morrissey.

Blood Status:  Non-Magical Human

Sellsword/Mercenary Company Name, Vessel Name, OR Country of Exile:

Pirate Captain, citizen of Effugios

The Black Dahlia - The Black Dahlia is a smaller vessel of Effugio origin, an interceptor class boat meant to cut across the water as if it were gliding across it. This faster boat is the first in and out of battle, catching up to its prey and seeking to disable it, one way or another and opening it for a ramming or siege attack from the White Lotus.

The White Lotus - The White Lotus was the former flagship of a Pastorian commander who foolishly underestimated the crew of the Black Dahlia. The last thing he saw was her stern as he was tossed overboard with his hands and feet shackled. Since then, it serves as the main cargo and heavy artillery support of the two ships.

Country/Kingdom of Birth: Citzen of Effugios

Physical Description:  Bartholomew stands tall at 6'3 and battle forged body. He is not overly muscular nor bulky but his weight shifts depending on their current supplies. It is not rare for him to tell his cooks to "fatten the men" before they set off for a long trip. Whether or not it is to eat one if the run short of food or go longer without a decent meal is anyone's guess.

He keeps his hair short and his sun hardened face hidden (most of the time) behind a red bandanna. An eye patch covers his eye, rumors of why or when he lost his eye are a favorite topic among the younger crew members who quickly learn not to let the Captain overhear them talking about such trivial subjects. An old salt back at port is rumored to know the truth behind his eye but being an illiterate mute without a tongue makes it hard for him to say what he knows.

His other eye is blue/green, it appears to reflect the ocean itself. His body is covered with scars and wounds from his years of piracy, the lashes across his back strict reminders of a harsh youth. He is a fan of tattoos, each with their own meaning and story. A kraken wraps around his  left forearm up to his shoulder.

Personality:  Bartholomew is a wildly unpredictable man, known for playing vicious mind games and waging psychological warfare on his victims and enemies. He is a skilled warrior and manipulator in combat. As a captain he is cunning, shrewd and ruthless. His ambition shines through from time to time, he has no delusion of being king or a member in the council of 3, but a governor of his own port one day is one of his personal goals. He does not think twice to rape, murder nor rob a person blind but he holds a soft spot for the orphanages of  Effugios and has been known to send them coin from his own purse.

Profession:  Pirate Captain, Raider/Ravager and scourge of the seas!

History:  A son of a whore, literally. Samson Port (Port being a local name for Bastards) joined the other unwanted bastards at a run down shack that served as an orphanage in one of the ports of Effugios. The young man never knew the kiss of his mother nor the man who fathered him and never bothered to care. The sweet woman who raised him, a former whore herself provided as stable life as possible for the children no one wanted.

It did not take long for Samson to learn how to steal to make a living. Starting off as a cutpurse and pickpocket and worked his way up to stealing from shops. The majority of his money was kept for himself but he always had a soft spot for the matron that raised him. He left to make room for others but made sure to send them money, gratitude for taking care of him.

In his teenage years he was caught stealing and was lashed bloody in the square. Instead of learning his lesson he learned how to be cautious. When his reputation as a thief caught up with him, he went to another port and managed to sign up aboard a merchant vessel seeking deckhands. Earning coin honestly was respectable but a fool's folly. He took his meager earnings and found himself in a different port on the other side of the island where he signed up for a crew under Captain Rosewater.

Captain Rosewater was a charming man who knew how to deceive the devil himself. A man of similar upbringing, Samson gravitated towards the stern but insightful man and looked up to him as a mentor. He faithfully served for years until the man died of gangrene after a wound became infected. With his earnings he managed to buy a junker of a ship.

Adopting the name Bartholomew Redwater, the young man named his ship the Dahlia. His boat was unable to take to the sea and had to work locally for the merchants of Espata. It was during this time he met (Timeless's character) a quartermaster/guard for the spices he was trusted with delivering from port to port. It took him years of work and some larceny here and there, but he finally collected enough money to refit his junker and turn it into the fast interceptor class ship it is today. Renamed the Black Dahlia, she set sail with a cargo full of stolen spice.

The ten years that followed, (Age 29-current) he spent it sailing continent to continent, both raiding, pillaging, raping and capturing slaves to sell in the slave markets of Effugios.

Captain Redwater met Narcia Merrick in a port on Malum, she quickly earned her respect and was taken aboard. She was quick to take the role as Slave Mistress and took part in embarrassing the Pastroian Navy by stealing one of their Commander's flag ships from under them. The captured heavy vessel was renamed the White Lotus, the two ships sailed as a pair. The Black Dahlia often hid within the shadow of the Lotus to fool a merchant/trader ship out at sea into believing they were being escorted by a Pastorian ship.

-Pending more history depending on other players who want to join one of these crews-

Religion:  None practicing, puts more faith in his crew and the ocean that carries and provides for them.

Weapons:  Bartholomew wields a Scimitar and Cutlass combination, simple looking weapons of no ornate design. Their deceptive plainness hides their perfect balance and sharp edges which have cut men in half with one stroke. He does not wear armor, keeping him light on his feet but is known to wear a red bandanna across his face.

Sexuality:  Heterosexual

On's and Off's:  A man who likes to fuck after a battle when the blood is hot. He is not a man to whore around in the brothels, instead he might keep a slave for his own use until he bores of her and sells her at port. He can be demanding and rough, preferring to keep any foolish affections out of his fucking and fornicating.

Derwaysh

Expressing formal interest in using Beto Malfacini as face claim for 'hedge-knight'-esque character.

What happens if the Black Dahlia mounts White Lotus opa-gangsta style, Aiden? :o

A/A

Rel Mayer

Just to you know...add to more things that you have to do Gnothi. >.>

I'm gonna claim Carla Ossa:

Edit: I like the history bit you put in for Narcia, Adien! I'll add it to my history, as long as that bit is approved by GMs.

AmberStarfire

Awesome sheet, Aiden. :)

GMs: What's the deadline for character sheets, btw, and do we need to get our concepts approved first? Also, what ships are there and which roles are filled so far on each? I know there are at least 2 ships.

Aiden

I have 2 ships, the Gms have their own, each catering to their own niche/crew.

I think some other players have posted interest in running their own ships, but they need to meet certain requirement sin history to do that.

I am hoping mine is enough to warrant my ships.

AmberStarfire