Peeps or Creme Eggs!?

Started by PennySludt, February 28, 2016, 09:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PennySludt

It's that time again!

The shelves are filling with delectable Easter goodies and tempting us sugar-holics to surrender unto their promises of sweet oblivion!

Two of my favorites happen to be Peeps and Cadbury Creme Eggs.

I also happen to know that they are two highly debated confections, so I'd like to see which people prefer of the two (or neither)!
May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!

Beguile's Mistress

My choice will always be Peeps!  Any color!  Anytime!   Anywhere!  It's Peeps for me! ;D

PennySludt

Have you tried the Mystery Flavor ones? There's three this year. I can't quite figure out what they are though!
May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!

Beguile's Mistress

I didn't know about those but I can't eat sugar these days and don't have little ones to buy for so haven't been out exploring the candy aisles.  Sounds like I'll have to round up the neighborhood kids and do some research! :-)

Oniya

Peeps, most definitely.

Because Peep Jousting (view full screen for best experience)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMmyQF35e8U

Remember to have a graham cracker podium and chocolate 'crown' for the winners!  (and losers!)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

PennySludt

Beguile's Mistress

Reminded me of S'mores Peep Pie!

Graham Cracker Crust (make your own and use a glass pie dish)
1 Large bag of chocolate morsels
Enough peeps to fill the crust

Layer half the morsels in the crust, wedge in as many peeps as you can and be creative with the design, sprinkle remaining chocolate morsels on top.  You know your microwave better than I do so use the timer and setting that will turn those marshmallow critters into puddles. 

NOTE:  If you use a store bought pie crust you gotta do this in the regular oven otherwise your kitchen looks like the Mighty Thor had a tantrum.

PennySludt

Oh cool! I will SO have to try that!

Oniya

Apropos of everything:

Graham cracker crust recipe:

1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs (can be bought, but mashing them with a rolling pin is so therapeutic)
1/3 c sugar
6 Tbsp butter, melted
1/2 tsp cinnamon, if you want.

Mix dry ingredients.  Drizzle in butter and squish it into a dry paste.  Press into pie plate.  To pre-bake, stick in a 375F oven for 7 minutes.  For an unbaked crust, stick in the fridge for an hour.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

PennySludt

Kakihara

Truthfully I'm not a fan of either, but the Creme eggs disgust me and Peeps are made near the town I was born in so I have to give it to the Peeps.  They are too cute, especially when you get to see the Peep mobile, and I don't mind them, just not a big marshmallow fan unless roasted over a fire.  It's funny they do this who Peep fest every year and have a special New Years celebration just for kids. 

So, Peeps rule.

PennySludt

SMR Rein

I'm alone, being the only one here who prefers the eggs. Heh. I'm just unique like that.
Be bold

PennySludt

Oh I adore the eggs too ;) Especially slightly melty!

SMR Rein

Well, then. I guess I'm not as unique as I thought I was. *sniffle*
Be bold

PennySludt

Hahaha! I mean....I don't like them....nope....not me....you're all alone....

SMR Rein

It's too late. I know the truth! I'm only kinda unique.
Be bold

Delibee

I'm definitely an egg fan, myself. I've never really liked Peeps. I mean, they're great for blowing up, just not too big into eating them. Though, I prefer the caramel eggs. The creme is too... creamy for me.
Avatar art "Penthe vs. Shehyn" by Brandon Chang. https://bchangart.artstation.com/

O/Os

Blythe

Definitely Cadbury eggs. I'm a sucker for chocolate.

The grocery store got a fresh shipment...so I'm almost assuredly going to glut myself on delicious Cadbury goodness soon.  ;D

SMR Rein

Quote from: Blythe on February 28, 2016, 06:13:28 PM
Definitely Cadbury eggs. I'm a sucker for chocolate.

Me, too. I love chocolate. I'm afraid I might be addicted.
Be bold

PennySludt

The caramel ones just seem like a regular old Caramello to me I guess. The creme ones are special! And yup! Chocolate! :D

I totally admit, I need C.A.! Well, actually more like S.A. :P Anything with sugar has me at hello!

SMR Rein

CSA. Chocolate and Sugar Addicts anonymous. Sounds like a group I'd be court mandated to attend.
Be bold

PennySludt

I'd be right there with you! Lol!

SMR Rein

Lol. At least I'd have company!
Be bold

The Lioness

I like both just as equally. Every spring, I make it a goal to only allow myself one package of peeps and one egg. My hubbs wont eat any of them, and I have no kiddos to buy for or share them with, so I'm on my own.
♥ Poems ♥ Story Ideas ( Updated 3/20/24) ♥ Ons/Offs ♥ F-List♥ A/A (Updated 1/23/2024)♥ Art ♥ My Kingdom ♥

♥Posts owed: 1/1 ♥ Posts completed: 0/1 ♥ Pending: 0 ♥
♥Status: Open ♥