What you don't see (EX) Recruitment

Started by Sparrowhawke, February 02, 2014, 05:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

*dances around* This game might have Grape?

Yes!!

Phobetor

Quote from: Blythe on February 04, 2014, 12:29:54 PM
*dances around* This game might have Grape?

Yes!!

*Grins*YUP! I'm creating my character sheet and will send it to the GM tonight when I get home.

*happy dances*
Not Available for new Stories.
Taking a break from E.

Suiko

Tentative interest check ^^

Is this alive and well? Also there's a list of characters in the opening post but what species are there at the moment?

Is anything lacking? Also this might be a silly question given other people in the game but I always want to make sure - is gay welcome?
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

- Current Status: Did someone say Dragon's Dogma 2? -

Nadir

Yes, we are alive and well... apart from Maynard and Bly's vampire. They are alive in the deadest way.

A list of our current character species;

Humans: 3
Humans with special powers: 2
Vampires: 2
Were-creature: 2
Construct: 1
Fey: 1

I think we need whatever you want to play. Lots of slots are still open ^_^

All sexualities and gender diversities are welcome.

Suiko

Excellent. I think I'd like to be an Unseelie Fey. No idea about which group though. Could be interesting to be a target...
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

LeSane

I'm interested in being a construct who is an engineer.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Suiko

Quote from: Scarification on February 07, 2014, 01:52:56 PM
I'm interested in being a construct who is an engineer.
Ohmgod. You have Mink as your avatar.
/end brief hijack
- Main M/M Requests -
- Other M/M Prompts -
- A/As -
- O/Os -

LeSane

Yea. I just changed to Mink a few hours ago.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Sparrowhawke

:o Kho~

Also Scar! *waves*  A construct engineer would be awesome~ Would they perhaps be willing to work with a certain doctor on the fascinating realm of cybernetics~?

LeSane

Actually yes I would. Thought I'd like it if he still created weapons for the group to use. I have a few ideas I want to run by you if you'd be so kind. It retains to vehicles, weaponry, and such.

Saric

Questions for the GM:

1. Are demons simply creatures or are they still as much spirit as psychical? I.E. could you bind a demon to/in a(n) location/object/person/etc. ?

2. Magic, is it more a science or an art? Does it have aspects of both? Is it predicable or does it occasionally seem to have a mind of it's own?

3. Spirits, can they influence the material world?  If so, is this restricted to lifting or moving things or can they perform actions on par with a magic user? Can they possess/inhabit a host? Does the host have to be willing or does it depend on the strength of the spirit? Does possessing a host amplify or weaken the spirit's innate abilities?
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Sparrowhawke

Quote from: Scarification on February 08, 2014, 11:23:40 AM
Actually yes I would. Thought I'd like it if he still created weapons for the group to use. I have a few ideas I want to run by you if you'd be so kind. It retains to vehicles, weaponry, and such.

All good, I expected he'd still have his own personal projects, Owen's just been nagging me for a pet engineer to help him with his... (His words not mine)

Quote from: Saric on February 08, 2014, 01:57:43 PM
Questions for the GM:

1. Are demons simply creatures or are they still as much spirit as psychical? I.E. could you bind a demon to/in a(n) location/object/person/etc. ?

2. Magic, is it more a science or an art? Does it have aspects of both? Is it predicable or does it occasionally seem to have a mind of it's own?

3. Spirits, can they influence the material world?  If so, is this restricted to lifting or moving things or can they perform actions on par with a magic user? Can they possess/inhabit a host? Does the host have to be willing or does it depend on the strength of the spirit? Does possessing a host amplify or weaken the spirit's innate abilities?

I'm thinking demons will be creatures (as the more spirity things would come under the spirits handle), though they will have powers above and beyond most 'mortals'. I imagine you could bind a demon, though you'd have to be pretty powerful, and no doubt very cautious as I imagine they aren't fans of being bound.

Magic, for mages and psychics at least, is a bit more of a science. It's something that can be learned and controlled for some people. Anomolies can occasionally develop more spontaneous and random abilities.

Spirits come in two types. One are the souls of the dead, which are generally weak and limited to scaring the crap out of untrained psychics. Other spirits, which some might call demons, would be of other origins, and are capable of actually affecting the world around them. They can possess hosts, but unless the host is willing it would be somewhat of a struggle. If the host has abilities, and the spirit can completely dominate them, then it's power would be increased, yes. If the host puts up a fight it could cause awkward problems, however.

Hope that answers everything xD

Yukina

Also, I was wondering if constructs were typically stronger than an everyday human.

Sparrowhawke

Quote from: Yugishogun on February 08, 2014, 05:28:15 PM
Also, I was wondering if constructs were typically stronger than an everyday human.

Really depends, constructs vary depending on their purpose and the strength of their creator. If, say, they wanted to make a construct that was basically human, it would pretty much be human. They could even make it mortal, if they liked.

Constructs that no longer have a creator to keep them going tend to be a little more vulnerable, as well, at least to magic.

Yukina

Saric

Quote from: Sparrowhawke on February 08, 2014, 05:19:15 PM
*snip*
I'm thinking demons will be creatures (as the more spirity things would come under the spirits handle), though they will have powers above and beyond most 'mortals'. I imagine you could bind a demon, though you'd have to be pretty powerful, and no doubt very cautious as I imagine they aren't fans of being bound.

Magic, for mages and psychics at least, is a bit more of a science. It's something that can be learned and controlled for some people. Anomolies can occasionally develop more spontaneous and random abilities.
*snip*

Just to make sure we're on the same page here, when saying demons can be bound, does that mean you could bind on into a sword to give it magic powers or just bound as in 'you must do what I tell you'?

So if someone performs a ritual or spell it always just works? It doesn't say, randomly do what you told it to but not what you meant?
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Sparrowhawke

Quote from: Saric on February 08, 2014, 10:45:34 PM
Just to make sure we're on the same page here, when saying demons can be bound, does that mean you could bind on into a sword to give it magic powers or just bound as in 'you must do what I tell you'?

So if someone performs a ritual or spell it always just works? It doesn't say, randomly do what you told it to but not what you meant?

Eeehhmm, I imagine proper demons could be bound in the sense of 'can't leave this area' or some such. Spirits could be put into a sword. 'Course, you could always rip a demon's soul out and put it in something. Can't say the demon would survive it, but yeah.

As for magic not going the way you want it to, I imagine if you weren't skilled you could make mistakes and send their energies in the wrong 'direction' and say, set their pants on fire when they meant to set their enemy on fire. I'm a fan of the idea of magic not being a set of spells to learn. It's more using energy with intent rather than following a formula.

LeSane

Quote from: Sparrowhawke on February 08, 2014, 05:19:15 PM
All good, I expected he'd still have his own personal projects, Owen's just been nagging me for a pet engineer to help him with his... (His words not mine)

Explain in more detail on that if you may.
Also started on my character he'll be done by tomorrow at the latest. Though the bio will be the hardest to achieve without some outside help. If I need assistance I will PM you.

Sparrowhawke

Quote from: Scarification on February 09, 2014, 12:47:03 AMExplain in more detail on that if you may.
Also started on my character he'll be done by tomorrow at the latest. Though the bio will be the hardest to achieve without some outside help. If I need assistance I will PM you.

Ehm, meaning that your character can be doing his own things and that Owen just wants an engineer to help him with the bits he's not familiar with?

LeSane

Wow I failed.... thanks for clearing that up I think I read that in my head differently. Don't worry I just needed to know and thank you for clearing that up.