To a World of Darkness (Exalted/WoD)

Started by RSGAlex, March 14, 2013, 05:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RSGAlex

December 12, 2010. The day the world ended.

Or was supposed to, according to the long plans of a Baali elder. The ritual was perfectly performed each time. Each one perfectly spaced out according to his use of the Long Count calendar. But of the two dozen spirits that emerged from the portal, only a few were mighty warriors or grand manipulators, and even among those few, none desired to end the world.

Not that the old vampire knew that. For right after the spirits emerged, a grand flood of unbelievable power collapsed the portal and annihilated the vampire and those descended from him for three generations!

And now upon the world step a mere five people, but with power such as the world has never seen before. Drawn together by ancient spells of undreamed of potency, the world itself conspired to have these people meet. What shall they do? How shall the world be changed by them?

Those are stories yet unwritten.

OOC Intro & Chargen
Hello, Elliquiy, it's me, with a second attempt at running a group game. I don't think I did too good a job on the first one, but I'm going to try again. And hope I do better this time.

As the hastily written narrative above mentions, this is going to be a game where a small number of modern day people get world shaking power in the classic World of Darkness.

Now, for this one, it's going to be all EXP char-gen, using the last errata, and the Exalted Modern abilities and charms from Shards. Specifically, you will have 667 exp to build a character with, backgrounds costing 3 Exp per dot, doubled for the fourth and fifth dots. With three exceptions. Everyone can start with Mentor 5 representing the sorcerous tricks that your last incarnations played to make sure that their next incarnations would be ahead of the game. Celestials are set to Essence 3 and Terrestrials 4. The Dragon Blooded also get Breeding 5.

Merits and Flaws are out, doubly so for certain classic WoD Merits. 

Mentor 5 in this case represents a gestaltic knowledge base taken of the whole circle, such that you can learn any of the charms in your core book as though you had a trainer, can set up a self-initiation into sorcery, and generally learn things from past memories. Not that they necessarily knew all those charms and abilities, but they had a long, long, long while to speculate and plenty of favors to call in.

And if you want to take any Exalted era artifacts, remember to also buy a cache egg. Explanations for things from Shards and cache eggs available upon request.

Craft works a bit like Linguistics. With each dot, you get another craft. Extra crafts can be purchased as specialties.

The next couple of spoilers are going to be general and specific rules things, neither of which are likely to be comprehensive. Most, in fact, were gotten by either trying to unify mechanics that I could think of, referring to handy books, and referring to wikis.

If things seem biased towards Exalts, yeah, they are. It's intentional. The Baali might not have gotten the ending they want, but even a few Exalted is the end of the world as we know it.

General Rules

Linguistics Dots give a language family. I'm going to be a bit permissive about where the line drops for applicability of a family. Just don't try taking Proto-Indo-European, unless you like knowing dozens of ancient languages. A single language can be purchased as a specialty.

"Don't drop the explosive" would take no penalties. Building a computer would take heavy penalties. Trying to convince a person like this will always add 4 to their MDVs.

Charms that rely on the Wyld can be used anywhere, but cause a response analogous to the Paradox of mages. Roll Essence, with more successes generating worse results. A botch tends to mean that reality accepts the result, but not always. The effect has the keywords of Counterattack and Shaping. Personal Shaping defenses will only protect the Exalt against direct changes. If you get a horde of monsters intent on destroying what you created, Integrity-Protecting Prana won’t help you there.

Exalted resist most mental effects with MDV. Illusions are resisted with Per+Awa instead, and they would be the usual exception. They also do not take aggravated damage from the claws and fangs of supernatural beings, absent powers that make them aggravated.

The sheer power of the Exalted is easy to track in this beggared age. Proper supernatural sight lets the tracker add the Exalt’s Essence in successes to track them. Of course, most beings with a quarter of a brain would be wary of such powerhouses.

Because of the broken nature of the world, it is harder for the Exalted to enter other realms, but the other supernatural residents would often envy the ‘difficulty’ of the Exalted. Crossing over is a dramatic action (speed 6, DV -2 in combat) that costs the Exalt (Gauntlet-Essence) motes, to a minimum of one mote.

Taking others requires thaumaturgy, or sorcery for a more durant or versatile portal. Any personal shaping defense will protect an Exalt from some of the nastier bits of the metaphysics of other realms. More importantly, even without such protections, the Exalted may always use their powers.

Effects that reduce traits are Crippling effects, and can be healed as such. Some may also be Shaping effects.

Finally, and perhaps obviously, things like the Delirium and the Mists don’t affect the Chosen.

Mage

Sphere Magic is a Shaping Effect, however covert effects do not count as Shaping in and of themselves.

Using Correspondence to pull a gun out of a jacket won’t be shut down by anti-shaping powers. A Life transformation will always be defendable by a personal shaping defense, as the transformation is Shaping, regardless of the vector.

Essence converts to quintessence on a 1 to 5 ratio, 1 to 10 if the quintessence can take advantage of the aspected essence.

The Immortality merit can be nullified by any Exalted charm that can kill spirits. Non-Exalted charms that kill spirits, say CMA, merely damage the soul of the mage.

Vampire

Vampires don’t like the Solar anima, but discounting charms or sorcery, it doesn’t affect them as does the sun. As opposed to the anima of a Fire aspect, which does affect them like fire. This is because, as you may know, it is fire.

The blood of the Exalted is soaked in essence, and can be quite dangerous for vampires to imbibe. Or quite useful. Direct injections of Exalted essence tend to be the same, only moreso. Thankfully, direct injection of Exalted essence usually fades at a point a night.

Sorcery can alter the vampire’s curse. Terrestrial can create minor bloodlines easily, Celestial major bloodlines easily, and Solar... well, who knows?

Drinking Problems

Solar essence can quickly kill a vampire, and for little gain as many would see it. Drinking the blood of a Solar means that the vampire need not, and indeed is not capable of, resting, although the lethargy during daylight is not abated. For each blood point ingested, the vampire need not spend a blood point to rise for one night, although the blood sucker risks the Exalt’s Essence in dice of aggravated damage per blood point ingested. A direct injection of Solar essence does the Exalt’s Essence, or the number of motes transferred in aggravated levels. For perhaps obvious reasons, Solar essence fades from a vampire’s body immediately, and not over several nights.

Weres

Thieving Talons of the Magpie can not steal Exalted Charms or Sorcery.

The Exalted can not carry the nature of any kind of were-creature. They can, however heal deformities of the Metis and the Black Spiral Dancers, although why one of the second group would ever consent to such a healing is a mystery.

No, I’m not going to say anything about the Lunars here. Fnord.

Wraith

The Shadow of a normal Wraith is always treated as having Compassion 1 and no positive intimacies for the purposes of Exalted charms.

Non-abyssals need to develop specialized charms or necromancy spells to fully interact with all of the conditions of Wraiths. Abyssals treat wraiths as mortals, and the Shadow as a rather persistent Crippling effect that continually reasserts itself.

Or, should they infect a wraith with Whispers, the Shadow is a conduit for the even more torpid Neverborn.

Changeling

Once, the Exalted warred with and nearly destroyed the progenitors of the Changelings, drawings oaths from them that echoed across the host, indeed well into the future. Indeed, having defeated the greater fair folk of the past, the powers of the lesser fair folk of the current age are laughable to the Chosen.

An Exalt may undo the effect of a cantrip that affects them by rolling Willpower+Essence. Even the greatest of the Changeling’s works will be undone with four successes, and most require far less.

As a point of scant comfort, the Exalted do not have Banality to undo the Changelings.

Hunters

The Exalted are a strange thing for the Imbued. All of their powers treat the Exalted as nothing more than mortals, at least until the anima comes out.

Then the Exalted can be affected by some of the Imbued’s abilities. Most worryingly for the Hunters, their Edges can not lessen the Exalted. Well, most worryingly once the Hunters know of the Exalted.

Mummy

The Chosen are beyond the Ren hekau, as part of their nature is unfathomably older than the languages of Earth.

Also, see the comment about Mages and Immortality. Mummies suffer in the same way.

Demon

Are wholly different from the Classic World of Darkness.
Signature Recreation Pending....

Downloading Drivers 1 of @*.

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

Sounds like a pretty sweet idea.

My question would be, if Exalted have returned to the world and can't help but be noticeably supernatural, is that going to sufficiently mess with the Consensus to remove vulgarity and Paradox from magic?

Edit:

Rereading, looks like you want to definitely push people towards playing Exalts.

Am I correct in thinking that Shellcasters would be reasonable to make as artifact guns but you'd want to hold off on Starcasters and other Blasters?

Can Martial and Martial-Ready Keywords that work for Archery (which includes firewands and such) also be used by Firearms?

Will we be fresh out the box or will we have had enough time to set up a base for things like a volcano to make our own orichalcum?

Can we buy Essence beyond the default?

Sorry to bombard, but I figure that having so many questions will help people besides just me in making sure we understand what you're going for.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

zenpai

I would really like to try this one but i cant fallow the story line and you got a bunch of stats up.
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Cessali

I'd suspect the Consensus might be nudged to one direction or the other over the course of play, though what consequences that would have for the greater web of things is anyone's ball.

I'm interested, probably with a spiritual Zenith sort.  How global should we expect these characters to be?

avorae

I am interested as well... will come up with a concept as soon as i can
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

AndyZ

I would like to suggest that we try for a full Solar circle.  Jarick wants Zenith and I have partial concepts for whatever else we try for.

Zenpai, here's the basic idea: the World of Darkness is a modern setting with vampires, werewolves, mages and all kinds of other supernatural horrors.  One of them accidentally summons Exaltation shards, from Exalted, which will Exalt ordinary people into basically demigods.

I figure you'll have to have working knowledge of the game Exalted in order to play.  It's going to be very difficult otherwise, especially since the game has LOTS of books out.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

RSGAlex

Ok, going from the top.

Quote from: AndyZ on March 14, 2013, 11:45:31 AM
Several questions.
The Exalted are going to definitely mess with the Consensus. Unfortunately, it's not going to be a simple or straightforward thing.

Shellcasters are preferred. If you wanted to make a blaster, it would be really expensive and slow to recharge.  You could, of course, make an artifact charger. My current thought is that a Martial or Martial-Ready charm that works for archery is probably okay for firearms.

You've had several months as an Exalt before the urge to meet up grew very strong. Depending on what you were trying to set up, this may or may not have been enough time. (Orichalcum foundry, possibly within reason. Demense and Manse, out)

Essence can not be purchased during char-gen, but can be purchased afterwards.

Quote from: Jarick on March 14, 2013, 02:59:46 PM
How global should we expect these characters to be?

To start, you don't need to be too global, but at least have an eye towards the idea that some day, they'll get there.

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

Okay, so no hearthstones or any Manse rating at start?

RSGAlex

Yeah, not to start, although you could take Node or Caern, and then work on making one of those into a manse. Although, depending on how you got it, there may be irate people out for you.

EDIT: You'd treat those places like a demense.

Please wait warmly.

Jefepato

I'm interested...definitely want to give those Exalted Modern rules a shot.  Fortunately I only count 4 people responding before me.

If no one else had their heart set on it, I could go for a Twilight caste Solar, although I need to double-check where 667 XP will get me (especially if we're using standard Craft rules).  Failing that, Eclipses are always fun.  (I assume that the Eclipse anima power isn't getting in on the other supernaturals' powers though?)

(Plot-wise I'd find it more interesting to build my own artifacts than muck around with cache eggs anyway, depending how this goes.)

Last time I played in an oWoD/Exalted game, we were all oWoD folks on the business end of an angry Solar, so turning those tables sounds rather nice.

RSGAlex

Angry Solar. Ouch.

Also, did I forget craft houserules?

*goes and checks*

Welp.

YOU SEEE NUZZINK! The rules were always there, just badly placed.

And colored transparent. :p

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

I just hope that if you take Twilight, you'll be willing to make us stuff.

Speaking of: RSGAlex, should we assume that we'll be playing out our first-time meeting?

If I go with my Dawn idea, I expect to more set up a base of operations, most likely a tropical island in the Pacific Ocean with a volcano in order to stockpile orichalcum.

My Night caste idea would be more of an assassin, changing the world by taking out decrepit leaders.

I'm not really sure with an Eclipse, but most likely Oathing people into world peace.  My better ideas are either Dawn or Night.

Presumably Eclipses wouldn't learn oWoD abilities but would learn abilities from other Exalt types through their past life mentors, although that's an RSGAlex call.  I would also imagine that the Eclipse "diplomatic immunity" ability would transmute to Stygia, the Umbra and similar areas, but again, RSGAlex gets that decision.  (Hope I haven't overstepped my authority with such suggestions.)

RSGAlex

Yeah, you'll play out the first time meeting. Perhaps there will be ninja.

Yeah, the Eclipse oath ability is still in effect, and the diplomatic immunity is too, despite what some spirits might say. The charm learning, well it would depend on your friends.

Because outside of them, you have the strange charms of the modern spirits, and trying to track down one of the 24 spirits that also made it through the gate.

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

Hmmm...my only concern there is that the only way to get shellcasters would be to make them yourself, then, unless we get it done via some other form of correspondence from a crafter or we have one heck of a backstory.  Any way around that?

Cessali

He's mentioned previously that a Cache Egg tied to one's Exaltation would be an adequate way of ferrying a small artifact or two within them to one's next incarnation.  Shellcasters seem like an excellent thing to ferry along.

Last question before I dive in: when you say all-XP Build, do you mean that everything starts at a zero (save for Attributes and Virtues at 1 and Essence at 3/4) and we then buy everything up with 667xp?

RSGAlex

Technically, a powerful cache egg can carry a whole lot of stuff. Offhand, I think that the biggest one can fit ten cubic yards or so.

Another possible explanation would be that it was done during the post exaltation rush of power. And yeah, Jarick, you have got it.

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

Ah, I figured that the Exalts would be limited to the usual kinds of stuff from cache eggs.  If they can have pretty much whatever we have stats for because Exalts just figured out how to do all sorts of crazy things back in the day, that'll handle that nicely.

Wait, we have to buy EVERYTHING?  Dang.  I thought the 667xp was on top of the base stats for an Exalt.  That's going to take serious planning.

RSGAlex

If you look at it, the 667 is about normal Chargen + 300-something exp.

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

No, it 100% makes sense: White Wolf doesn't give any serious balance to their character creation when compared to XP.  I was just momentarily shocked because I hadn't expected it.  Apologies if I came off rude or anything.

RSGAlex

I didn't think you were rude. I just wanted to explain my reasoning.

Which is better than the reasoning in ILLBLEED.

Please wait warmly.

Jefepato

Quote from: RSGAlex on March 14, 2013, 11:14:15 PM
Angry Solar. Ouch.

Oh, it gets better.  GM decided his anima did count as sunlight.  Somehow the only survivor was the freaking Lasombra.  (For a value of "survivor" that includes torpor.)

Quote from: AndyZ on March 14, 2013, 11:34:27 PM
I just hope that if you take Twilight, you'll be willing to make us stuff.

Sure.  I mean, taking enough skills to actually craft stuff and then not sharing the joy strikes me as a pretty bad way to make friends here.  And completely unfun compared to, say, experimenting at length with the variety of crazy magic toys I could make.

If we're okay with me going Twilight (and RSGAlex approves me joining the game, it may be bad form to assume) I can start planning a bit how to do this thing XP-wise.  Anything besides core book and Shards we can use?  I think I had my eye on Peerless Paragon of (Element) in GotMH.

I wouldn't mind a benchmark on how good we should be in combat.  I don't intend to be too much of a weak link, but I've seen more than enough of "Twilight with all and only Melee Charms."

zenpai

Quote from: AndyZ on March 14, 2013, 03:48:45 PM
Zenpai, here's the basic idea: the World of Darkness is a modern setting with vampires, werewolves, mages and all kinds of other supernatural horrors.  One of them accidentally summons Exaltation shards, from Exalted, which will Exalt ordinary people into basically demigods.

I figure you'll have to have working knowledge of the game Exalted in order to play.  It's going to be very difficult otherwise, especially since the game has LOTS of books out.

Never heard of it so won't be of any use .
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

RSGAlex

Most things outside of the Scroll of the Monk can be used. It's just assumed that if it's outside the core, and not sorcery, then you managed to invent or reinvent the charm on your own.

As for a benchmark, if you have a base die pool of 6, an excellency, and a penalty negator, you are fairly hot shit for most of the WoD. You only really have to worry about werewolves (because they tend to come in packs), and some of the really old stuff. Especially if you have an artifact weapon or armor.

Bring it up to 9 dice, and a few more combat charms, and even the old monsters are going to be in trouble. Especially if one of the charms is Infinite Mastery.

zenpai, which part of the combination haven't you heard of?

Please wait warmly.

zenpai

Never heard of the whole series! Sorry to waste your time.

RSGAlex

Please wait warmly.

Cessali

Sleepless nights make for character sheets!  I give you Wang Xiaoxing, a Chinese computer science student turned Zenith Caste anti-Communist hacktivist.

Background
BEFORE, Wang Xiaoxing was a smart girl from a family in the rural Sezhuan province of China, one of the girls not smothered by the One Child policy because of the allowances made for her Party-member grandfather.  She was never allowed to forget this when she was growing up, and to a measure she even thrived beneath the pressure.  When it was discovered just how smart she was, her family's connections ensured she got out of her place and into a decent school; Xiaoxing excelled there, even into University, and was expected to be a credit to her family and a prize for her family's continued fortune.  Even she expected a worthwhile life in service, and thought little more than that; it was for honor and esteem, and to thank the generations that had given her such gifts, that she would devote herself.

BUT THEN, in the midst of wealth and prosperity, she saw something she was not meant to see.  It was easy to blind herself to what life was for the people on the other side of the Party's autocracy; she was a product of its successes, not its infinitely-recursing compromises.  Wishing to fully understand the world she lived in, she began dabbling in things that were not wise for an up-and-coming young student to look into-- and her computer science degree began informing her of the cruelties and the terrible human rights violations visited upon her fellow Chinese on an all-too-frequent basis.  The traditional schooling she'd had growing up could not justify these things.  Thus, she quietly began working in connection with dissidents-- too closely, ultimately, for she involved herself in a protest monitored by the Party.

THINGS WERE AT THEIR DARKEST when the bag was pulled off of her head.  Xiaoxing didn't remember being arrested very clearly-- there was tear gas, and clubs, and she was not prepared-- but she knew her interrogators knew who she was and enough to incriminate her on whatever charges they pleased.  But it was not her own fate that bothered her, or the humiliation of her family that would surely follow her release: it was her disgust with her country and her people.  They were wrong.  Deeply wrong.  Her interrogators could do with her what they liked, but they would at least be made aware of their wrongdoing and repent for the future.

AND THEN something happened that she did not expect: her jailors listened.  They heard her, truly.  They wept to realize their sins against their fellow human beings, and they released her and all the others they had captured in that raid.  She wondered why, for a long time, until they made it outside the compound and she realized the strange golden light about her was not a trick of her interrogators.  SHE was that light.

NOW, Xiaoxing continues what she began in that prison cell.  She knows better than to confront the Party directly; the best she can do is sabotage their networks and undermine the faith that the public has in their ability to control (and enforce their control) the lives of the many.  Her hacking comes to her faster and more brilliantly than ever before, and she knows how to wring guilt, adoration, fear, or anger out of anything but the coldest of hearts.  She has become aware that the Party is not the only authority in China, and is distantly aware that there are things outside of the government that worry what she might do, but for now she keeps her revolution working.  The Wall wasn't built in a day, after all.

Image + Motifs

APPEARANCE
Xiaoxing is physically unassuming-- a young Chinese woman of slim build, five-foot-two, with long, straight coal-black hair that she tends to wear down.  First impressions lie, in her case; anyone who speaks with her at length is almost inevitably struck by a natural smoothness, capable of conversing engagingly on anything from state-of-the-art computer  technology to the Confucian classics.  When speaking outside of her native Mandarin, the only remnant of her accent is a hint of sing-song quality to her speech.

INSTINCTS
Always carry a device on me.
Meditate, at least once a day.
Honor the ordained.

BELIEFS
I must undermine the corrupt government of China by searching for and exposing its secrets.
Humans should treat one another well; I must help those who cannot help themselves with my skills.
I cannot be a singular phenomenon, so I must discover what I am and if there are others like me.

Character Sheet

NAME: Wang Xiaoxing
MOTIVATION:  Depose the cruel autocracy ruling Mainland China.
CASTE: Zenith
ANIMA: A dark-haired goddess in white robes with three faces and a thousand arms, moving in ritual dance.

Str 2      Cha 3      Per 3
Dex 5   Man 5      Int 4
Sta 2   App 2      Wit 3

Firearms 1, *Martial Arts 5, Melee 2, Thrown, War 1
*Integrity 3, *Performance 5, *Presence 3, *Resistance 3, *Survival 1
Craft 1, Investigation 3, *Lore 5, Medicine 1, Occult 1
Athletics 1, *Awareness 5, Dodge 3, *Larceny 5, Stealth 3
Bureaucracy 1, Linguistics 5, Drive, Sail, *Socialize 5

Crafts: Air
Language Groups: Chinese (Mandarin/Cantonese), Anglo-Frisian (English, Scots, Frisian), Japonic (Japanese, Ryukan), Korean, Western Iberian (Spanish Portuguese), East Slavic (Russian, Belorussian, Ukranian)

Martial Arts (Using Solar Hero Form) +3
Performance (Rabble-rousing) +3
Lore (l33t Hax) +1
Awareness (Sixth Sense) +1
Larceny (Forgery) +1

Cult 1 - Across the country, persons afraid or simply unable to take up her cause offer prayers for her.  Those who have had loved ones freed by her work pray to her.  She wouldn't be terribly happy if she found out about it; she's a Chan Buddhist and doesn't like the idea of worship, much less being worshipped.
Contacts 3 - In hacking circles across the world, and even sympathetic Party officials.
Followers 1 - A handful of the Jasmine Revolution organizers have gathered around Xiaomei's revolutionary stance, and she organizes sporadic results through them.
Influence 3 - Famous throughout mainland China and hacker circles worldwide as the Faithful Student of Quanyin, (the Buddhist bodhisattva famous for her endless compassion).  While the Faithful Student is not quite a revolutionary, she is very much pro-faith and anti-Party.
Mentor N/A - Why does she know these things?  Why is she so dreadfully familiar with a power she does not understand?  Xiaomei doesn't know, though she wants to very much...
Resources 2 - Xiaomei lives off of sluice funds corralled from incautious and/or shady Chinese businesses that profit by governmental collusion.  She thinks it just and proper to relieve thieves of ill-gotten gains.

China (Deserves Freedom [Righteous Lion Defense])
Buddhism (Adherent of the Middle Way)
The People's Party (Cold disdain)
Wang Xiaoxing (What am I, really?)
My Family (I'm sorry I failed you)

*Compassion 4
Conviction 2
Temperance 2
Valor 2

Limit Break: Heart of Tears
Limit: 0/10
Limit Condition: Unable to ameliorate the suffering of innocents.

Essence 3
Willpower 8/8
Personal 17
Peripheral 39
Committed 0
Overdrive 0/10

Charms

First Martial Arts Excellency (Reflexive, 1m/die, OK)
Infinite Martial Arts Mastery (Simple Xm1wp: [1/2]x mote discount on Martial Arts Excellencies, X=<3)

Fists of Iron (Ref action 1m:, unarmed attacks are +1/3acc +2/3dam (+1rate), Enhanced OK)
Dragon Coil Technique (Ref 3m: enhance clinches, not as Charm-added, OK Enhanced)
Sledgehammer Fist Punch (Supp 1m: double raw damage and ignore soak of inanimate objects, OK M-R Obvious)
Solar Hero Style (Simple 6m: Step7 1m: count sux twice for damage; +MA bashing/lethal soak, may parry lethal and ranged without stunt, Form-Type Obvious)
Heaven Thunder Hammer (Supp 3m: bounce enemies 3yd/raw damage, OK)

Dipping Swallow Defense (2m: Negate Parry DV penalty, OK Martial [MA])

Third Integrity Excellency (Ref 4m: add 1/2 Integrity to static value)
Righteous Lion Defense (Perm: Social attacks against target Intimacy become Unacceptable Orders)

Second Performance Excellency (Ref 2m/sux, OK)
Respect-Commanding Attitude (Simple Spd4 5m: UMI: 1wp or onlookers stay silent pay attention throughout performance, OK Compul)
Heart-Compelling Method (Supp 6m: instills generic Emotion effect, OK Emotion Social)

Second Presence Excellency (Ref 2m/sux, OK)

Essence-Gathering Temper (Perm Overdrive10: motes gained when damage taken)
Invincible Essence Reinforcement (Perm: Natural soak is now (Stam)+3 B/L)

Second Lore Excellency (Ref: 2m/die, OK)
God-Mind Algorithms (Perm: always online/charged, equip/stunt bonuses autosux)
Firewall-Defying Method (Supp 3m1wp: +(Essence) sux on remote hacking, autosux if present, E4 upgrade, OK)
Solar Parser Efficacy (Perm: Never penalties from unfamiliarity with server/software/type of machine)

Third Awareness Excellency (Ref 4m: reroll Awareness, OK)
Panoptic Fusion Discipline (Ref 4m scenelong: all attacks Aimed, DVs +1, may Aim to autosux Aim dice, OK)

Second Larceny Excellency (Ref 2m/sux, OK)
Flawlessly Impenetrable Disguise (Simple Spd6Long 7m: Superior Disguising Powers, OK)

Mastery of Small Manners (Ref 1m: +1app, -1Mag, others likely to help, OK)

DEFENSES
DDV: 6
PDV: 6
MDDV: 7
MPDV: 5

SOAK
Natural: 5L/5B
+Solar Hero Form: +5L/+5B
+Bulletproof Vest: +2L/+2B (+5L/+5B v. bullets)

HEALTH
1 1
2 2
I
D D

RSGAlex

Looking over the sheet, the main thing to correct is Languages.

Chinese works because the language is eponymous to its family. Although that's deeper into linguistics than I normally go. English has a few options, one of the more recent of which would be Anglo-Frisian, which would have Scots, English, and Frisian. Japanse belongs to the Japonic group, which has Japanese and Ryukan.

... Korean is also its own language family, but unlike Chinese, there's not a bunch under that family. Spanish we'll put to Western Iberian, whose big luminaries are Spanish and Portuguese.  Russian would become East Slavic, which holds Russian, Belorussian, and Ukranian.

These are all just suggestions, made for being a bit broad, but not overly broad. They might be changed as suggestions if we have some language choices by others that make me jump around a bit for width.

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

May I suggest that we all get Old Realm for free as taught by our mentors ?  It's vital to have a common language and it makes sense

Cessali

So thaaaat's what you meant by language families.  Modified as suggested.

Lockepick

Any chance I can get a list of which Castes have been accounted for?
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Cessali

The only hard accountings are my Zenith (sheet above) and Jefepato otherwise-indeterminate Twilight.  AndyZ's currently leaning towards either a Dawn or a Night.

AndyZ

Avorae has requested Night from me, so I'll be focusing on Dawn.

Willpower defaults to 5 before XP, right?

RSGAlex

Yes, WP is five before you spend any of your exp.

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

Name: Valerie "The Valkyrie" Kyleson
Caste: Dawn
Anima: A massive pair of wings folded into the shape of a heart.
Motivation: Make the world a safe place for everyone who wants to live in peace

Intimacies

Respita - Home
Oppression - Hatred
Weapons - Necessary tools of protection
The Heartwings - Respect and appreciation
Peace - A long sought but seemingly near-impossible dream
Other Solar Exalts - Hope and respect
Friendship - Adoration
Lies - Disgust

Strength 3   Charisma 4      Perception 3
Dexterity 5   Manipulation 2   Intelligence 3
Stamina 2   Appearance 4   Wits 3
Athletics 1 - Awareness 5 (Initiative +3) - Bureaucracy 1 - Dodge 5 (Zero Mobility Penalty +3) - Firearms 5 (Shellcasters +3) - Integrity 3 - Investigation 2 - Lore 1 - Martial Arts 3 (Kicks +3) - Melee 1 - Occult 1 - Performance 1 - Presence 4 - Resistance 3 - Socialize 3 - Thrown 1 - War 5   

Compassion 3 - Conviction 2 - Temperance 2 - Valor 5   -   Essence 3 - Willpower 8      

Cache Egg 2 - One cubic yard
   Cult 2 - People who actually believe she's some sort of angel or valkyrie, many of whom pray to the rising sun at dawn
Followers 3 - The Heartwings

Heavy Machine Gun, Heavy Pistol, Tactical Vest, Bluetooth Earpiece
Dex 4 Firearms 4 Accuracy +2 = Ranged Combat 5
Damage 7L - Ranged Damage 3
Exceptional Tactical Vest - +4B/+4L - Mob -0 - Fatigue 0 - Armor 2 (3 against solid projectiles)
Drill 5 - Endurance 8 - Might 0 - Morale 4

Policy:
Motivation: Make the world a safe place for everyone who wants to live in peace.
Intimacies: Oppression - Hatred, Valerie Kyleson - Respect tinged with friendship, Respita - Home Base

Structure: Although Valerie is technically the head of the group, there are four lieutenants that split the group into scale units of twenty-five.  If need be, each scale unit can be divided into fang units of five each, with four sergeants along with the lieutenant each working as fang unit leader.

Assets:
Size: 3
Competence: 5
Influence: 2
Wealth: 3
Reach: 3

Capital: 16

The Heartwings do not wear uniforms (they'd be way too hot on the island) but the tactical vests they wear have gold-painted depictions of the Heartwing anima symbol on the back.
   Influence 3 - A growing reputation as Valkyrie, a powerful warrior who accepts the surrender of her opponents
   Orichalcum Chain Shirt 1   
   Orichalcum God-Kicking Boots 1      
   Orichalcum Grand Shellcaster (with laser sight) 3   
   Orichalcum Hearthstone Bracers 2   
   Orichalcum Wings of the Raptor 4   (No cape - the wings manifest of gold-white Essence)   
   Resources 5 - A combination of her inheritance and the island's revenue

Firearms         
Heaven's Eye Marksmanship

Cost: 3m; Mins: Firearms 2, Essence 2;
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Combo-OK, Mirror (Bloodthirsty Killing Style)
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: None
The Solar gunslinger’s eye is infallible as it gauges the distance and sets its mark. Heaven’s Eye Marksmanship adds 150 yards to the Range of the supplemented attack.
As a peerless marksman, the Solar also adds an additional 50 yards for each die added to the attack from Aiming, and adds all Aim dice to raw damage as well as the attack roll.
Lightspeed Trigger Technique
Cost: 3m; Mins: Firearms 4, Essence 2;
Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Combo-OK, Mirror (Devouring Time Technique)
Prerequisite Charms: Heaven’s Eye Marksmanship
Essence and martial perfection come together in an instant of unsurpassed speed as the Solar fires too fast for his enemies to defend. His hand is a blur, drawing and firing faster than a heartbeat. Such is the speed of the Solar’s gunslinging that any DV applied against the supplemented attack is halved. If necessary, he can reflexively ready a Firearms weapon before making the attack.
With Essence 4+, the Solar’s reflexes heighten in response to the thrill of danger. As long as he is within the engagement range of his target, he can pay an additional two motes to make the attack undodgeable.
Steel Sunbeam Radiance
Cost: 7m, 1wp; Mins: Firearms 5, Essence 3;
Type: Extra Action
Keywords: Combo-OK, Mirror (Minutes to Midnight Attitude), Obvious
Prerequisite Charms: Lightspeed Trigger Technique
Gathering Essence and honing his will, the Solar seizes a single perfect moment, unleashing countless bullets with superhuman speed and graceful elegance. Steel Sunbeam Radiance creates a magical flurry of up to (Dexterity + 1) Firearms attacks at the Solar’s full dice pool, ignoring Rate.  It has a total DV penalty and Speed equal to the highest of any individual attack. If the Solar took an Aim action before using this Charm, then any dice it accrued are added to each attack in the flurry.
Lightning Hands Reload
Cost: — (1m); Mins: Firearms 2, Essence 2;
Type: Permanent
Keywords: Mirror (Instant Murder Instinct)
Duration: Permanent
Once each action, the Solar can reflexively reload a readied Firearms weapon at no cost, trusting his lightning reflexes and well-honed muscle memory. With a stunt, he can reflexively reload even without a free hand. Should he ever run out of ammunition, he can pay one mote to make an attack without using ammo, shaping his Essence into a golden shell engraved with his caste mark. Created rounds dissipate back into Essence once the attack has been made.
With Essence 3+, a Solar can pay one mote and a point of Willpower to create all ammunition needed for a single flurry, with no additional mote cost.

Elsewhere Draw Mastery
Cost: 1m; Mins: Firearms 3, Essence 2;
Type: Simple (Speed 3)
Keywords: Combo-OK, Merged, Mirror (Glinting Steel Shadows)
Duration: Indefinite
Prerequisite Charms: Lightning Hands Reload
The Lawgiver’s weapons are as their glory—sometimes unseen, but always present. This Charm is identical to Summoning the Loyal Bow (see Exalted, p. 189), except that it is compatible only with Firearms weapons. The Solar can also use it to banish ammunition to Elsewhere; such activations cost zero motes.
Merged: Summoning the Loyal Bow (Archery), Summoning the Loyal Steel (Melee).

Martial Arts         
Fists of Iron Technique
Cost: 1m; Mins: Martial Arts 2, Essence 1; Type: Reflexive
Keywords: Combo-OK, Enhanced
Duration: One action
The Solar infuses her hands with the strength of her Essence and strikes like the Unconquered Sun. This Charm enhances an unarmed Martial Arts attack, improving its Accuracy by one and its Damage by two and making its damage lethal. The Solar can parry lethal hand-to-hand attacks without a stunt until his next action.
Enhancement: This Charm adds the magical material benefits of orichalcum to the Solar’s natural attacks while Solar Hero Form is active.
Thunderclap Rush Attack
Cost: 1m; Mins: Martial Arts 3, Essence 2; Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Combo-OK, Martial-ready
Prerequisite Charms: Fists of Iron Technique
This Charm drops a supplemented attack’s Speed to 3.
Martial-ready: Archery, Melee, Thrown.
Spoken in Kindness
Cost: 1m; Mins: Martial Arts 3, Compassion 2, Essence 1;
Type: Reflexive (Step 2)
Keywords: Combo-OK
The arguments of Compassion lend themselves to the defense of others’ arguments, and sifus encourage such acts. This practice can often win friends. Sometimes, it makes enemies.
This Charm allows the martial artist to redirect an attack aimed at someone else to himself. For all purposes, including determining onslaught penalty, the attack becomes an attack on the Exalt. The character defends against the redirected attack as normal.
To help someone, the attack’s original target must be within the martial artist’s melee range, though he may take his normal Move action for the tick to reach someone.
War         
Heroism-Encouraging Presence
Cost: 5m or 5m, 1wp; Mins: War 4, Essence 2; Type: Reflexive
This Charm costs five motes when used in combat or social combat, or five motes, one Willpower when used in mass combat.  It renders allies fearless within a range of (Essence x 20) yards, not (Essence x 5).
At Essence 3+, in addition to the listed effects, whenever the Solar or an ally under the effects of Heroism-Encouraging Presence channels Valor to enhance an action, they add successes rather than dice to the action at a rate of one success for every die that would have been added. If the action succeeds, the character is automatically refunded the Willpower spent to channel Valor.
Tiger Warrior Training Technique
Cost: 10m, 2wp; Mins: War 4, Essence 3; Type: Simple (Dramatic Action)
Keywords: Obvious, Touch, Training
Duration: One week
Prerequisite Charms: Heroism-Encouraging Presence
Under the banner of the Solar Exalted, even bandits and peasants become deadly warriors. This Charm involves training a military unit. This Charm requires five or more hours of effort in any given week to bear fruit. This Charm increases the Drill of a unit by one for each week of training, to a maximum of Drill 5. In each week of training, the trainer picks one trait to train: Valor, Strength, Dexterity, Stamina, Archery, Dodge, Martial Arts or Melee. This Charm increases that trait for each member of the unit by one dot, to a maximum of 4. The Solar can train with the unit or as a solo unit, increasing her own traits. She cannot increase others’ traits past her own.
Immanent Solar Glory
Cost: —; Mins: War 5, Essence 3; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Mirror (Essence Engorgement Technique), Native, Obvious
The Solar draws strength from the harmonious governance of Creation. The greater the social structure he commands, the more Essence he may wield. This Charm allows the Solar to recover motes by tending to the affairs of a kingdom, organization or social or military unit he leads. Each hour spent inspiring the people or performing administrative tasks allows the Solar to recover motes equal to the unit’s Magnitude.
In addition, each purchase of this Charm increases the character’s Peripheral Essence pool by 10 motes. This Essence cannot be committed to an artifact. The character cannot recover this Essence normally—he can refill this pool only through the technique above and with Essence-recovery Charms. The player may purchase this Charm a total number of times equal to the Exalt’s Essence.

Integrity
   Integrity Triumphant

Presence         
   Presence Triumphant      
Irresistible Salesman Technique
Cost: 3m; Mins: Presence 4, Essence 2; Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Combo-Basic, Social
Prerequisite Charms: Any Presence Excellency
The glamour of the Lawgivers inspires others to dream of glorious things. This makes the Solars the ultimate salesmen and recruiters. Irresistible Salesman Spirit enhances a Presence-based roll to exert mental influence and make a favorable bargain or encourage a specific action. This Charm doubles the Solar’s successes on the roll before comparing them to the target’s MDV.

Resistance                     
Durability of Oak Meditation
Cost: 2m; Mins: Resistance 2, Essence 1; Type: Reflexive (Step 7)
Keywords: Combo-OK, Dawn
A boy cannot cut down an oak tree with a kitchen knife. No more can a mere mortal slay the Solar Exalted with petty blows of mundane steel. The Solar adds (Essence + Resistance) to his bashing and lethal soak against a single attack.
Invincible Essence Reinforcement
Cost: —; Mins: Resistance 3, Essence 2; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Stackable
Undertaking a grueling regimen of endurance training, the Solar folds Essence into his body until his skin becomes hard enough to turn aside blades. The Lawgiver’s natural lethal and bashing soak calculations become (Stamina + 3). This Charm may be purchased up to a total of (Resistance) times; each purchase after the first adds 3 to the character’s natural lethal and bashing soak.
With Essence 4+, the Solar also gains natural lethal and bashing hardness equal to the number of times he has purchased this Charm.
Soul Fire Resurgence
Cost: - (1wp); Mins: Resistance 2, Essence 2; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Dawn, Native
Sealed for fifteen centuries in a cage of jade, the Lawgiver reborn has known death and darkness. Never again shall she yield. The player of a character with this Charm may pay one Willpower to roll (Valor) dice, healing a number of health levels equal to the successes on the roll.
Moreover, the resilience of the Solar Exalted is only equaled by their courage; a Lawgiver using this Charm reverses even the most grievous of wounds, canceling them out by denying their existence through force of will. Characters who wish to substitute another Virtue for the purposes of this Charm may do so if dramatically appropriate. This Charm may not be used to heal damage from self-inflicted wounds, including damage incurred as part of the activation cost of a Charm. A character may not use Soul Fire Resurgence more than once per action. This Charm's Virtue roll may not be enhanced by other Charms or magic; Virtues enhanced by Epic Zeal of (Virtue) are never applicable for this Charm's effects.

Investigation         
   Investigation Overwhelming      
Judge's Ear Technique
Cost: 3m; Mins: Investigation 2, Essence 1; Type: Reflexive (Step 1)
Duration: One scene
Prerequisite Charms: Any Investigation Excellency
The Lawgivers are the guardians of truth.  This Charm allows the character to recognize as lies all deliberate lies presented to her. The character can also recognize the deliberate use of half-truths, though doing so does not tell her which part of the statement is true. If another Charm contests these effects (see p. 179), add the character’s Essence in automatic successes to the (Perception + Investigation) roll to oppose the other Charm.

Awareness         
   Awareness Triumphant      
Panoptic Fusion Discipline
Cost: 4m; Mins: Awareness 4, Essence 2; Type: Reflexive
Duration: One scene
Prerequisite Charms: Any Awareness Excellency
The Solar's supernal senses expand and his mind speeds up to process a thousand myriad details in a split second. Opponents attempting to strike a Lawgiver using this Charm appear to be moving in slow motion. All of the character's attacks are enhanced as though he had just spent three ticks accumulating dice with an Aim action (as a result, the character may not normally benefit from a true Aim action while this Charm is active), and his DVs are raised by 1 against all physical attacks of which he is aware. None of these bonuses count as dice added by a Charm.
With Essence 3+, each tick the lawgiver spends Aiming while Panoptic Fusion Discipline is active converts one die provided by this Charm into an automatic success; his opponents seem to slow even more, until their anticipated actions are outlined in golden contrails before the eyes of the Lawgiver.

Dodge         
   Dodge Resurgent      

Equipment:
Magazines of ordinary, rubber and Armor-Piercing bullets for her Grand Shellcaster (all kept in Elsewhere)
Bluetooth headset linked to smartphone (in waterproof case)
Lots of spare guns and ammo (kept in the cache egg, along with the old journals and such)
Good Luck Charm
Walkaway
Lots of gold (kept at the island)
Exceptional Megaphone
Sleep Grenades (with 3 currently being kept in Elsewhere, 10 at the hotel, and a bunch in the cache egg)
Ballistic Shield (Stats of Tower Shield, kept in Elsewhere)

Respita

Respita is a Pacific island of about 150 square miles several hundred miles west and slightly south of Panama.  The original hotel was made in 1802 as a place to get completely away from the worries of the world for a while.  The center of the island is marked with a massive volcano, and though the occasional tour runs for people to climb through and see the flowing rivers of magma, it has been judged scientifically to never erupt again.  Mango trees dot the landscape, but little vegetation otherwise exists.

The Wavecrest Deluxe Hotel stands at the southwest corner of the island just near the beach, a massive tower to give a tremendous view of both the sunrise and sunset to the higher floors.  With the exception of the such necessities as the airport and docks, and a few roads, however, little has been added in order to maintain the pristine beauty of the tropical island.

A large beach area takes up most of the western side of the island, with the northernmost areas marked off as clothing-optional.  Visiting families usually stick to the eastern beach, a smaller section but with calmer waves.

To the southeast is a single-runway airport and docks where supplies come in.

((Avorae will be using this island as well, so he can add stuff if he wants.))

History and Background
Valerie was born into the prestige of a family that owns a hotel on the tropical island of Respita.  Although she never had much talent for business, the affluence allowed her a chance to develop socially, accumulating friends and living the good life.  She's well-educated and would have finished college if not for the sudden interruption of her holiday vacation.

At the time, she thought that the group was some sort of elite group of pirates, bringing automatic weapons to target the wealthy with robbery and kidnapping in a sudden strike.  They say that the first truly traumatic experience of your life can change you forever, and all the pacifistic teachings that Valerie had grown up with no longer made any sense when she saw people either surrender or get shot down.

On the few occasions when she's told the story, she couldn't help but explain how much it just felt like a dream, as if she was watching a movie or playing a video game.  Certainly, if she had to be the self that she'd always known, she couldn't possibly have dived for the sidearm dropped by one of the island's few security guards.  Time slowed down to let her dodge bullets and focus her return fire, weapons practically seemed to reload themselves, her body felt light as a feather for jumping and even running across a patio umbrella, and so much more that she couldn't even really take it in.

She'd never been able to surf with any significant degree of talent before, but the first time she tried after her Exaltation, it was even easier than walking had ever been before.  In some ways, it's like having someone always next to you, helping you to do everything you've never been able to do before.  In others, it's like unlocking a door to let you do everything you've always wanted to do, be everything you always knew you could be but never knew how.

The transformation horrified her parents and many of her friends.  She knew that they wanted her to leave, but were too frightened of her to ever actually say anything.  Even so, she sees the looks, and she could gladly walk away were it not for the knowledge of what might happen were they ever left undefended.  She doesn't want anyone to be afraid of her, but she can't help but be who she is.

Everything changed even more when her dreams led her to the memories of an egg deep in another dimension, which was called back to her with no more difficulty than a long-forgotten childhood memory.  Aside from books and journals written in a language which she somehow understood, various items of a strong golden metal were waiting for her.  Of the many amazing devices, her favorite can't help but be the strange necklace that allows her to fly.

The wings as much as everything else soon got her the nickname of Valkyrie, a title she hated and has only slowly accepted as people have shown it to mean respect instead of fear.  People have come to her asking to be trained, and she's done everything she can, but she watches to make sure that they don't abuse their power.

Her power has been pretty consolidated, everyone seems pretty safe, and she has herself a small army to help out whenever it's needed.  However, her Wings of the Raptor is starting to malfunction.  She's been doing what she can to try to fix it up and keep it going, but she really needs someone talented in the strange kind of magitech that it's made of.  Now she just has to get in touch with more people like her.

Grand Shellcaster: Speed 6 - Accuracy 16 - Damage 12L/3 - Rate 4 - Range 200 - Ammo 100 - Tags 2, O, St

God-Kicking Boots: Speed 5 - Accuracy 14 - Damage 11B/2 - PDV 6 - Rate 3 - Tags M, O

Dodge DV:  8 (11)          Mental DV: 7

Soak: Bashing 10 - Lethal 12 - Aggravated 7 - Hardness 3

-0:  [ ]
-1:  [ ] [ ]
-2:  [ ] [ ]
-4:  [ ]
Inc: [ ]

Personal Essence:    17/17
Peripheral Essence:    17/17  41 total
Immanent Solar Glory:    10/10
Anima:    0

Willpower: O O O O O O O O

Compassion: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Valor: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Limit: Compassionate Martyrdom - The character witnesses innocents suffering through no fault of their own.
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

XP Spent: 667

Jefepato

Quote from: RSGAlex on March 15, 2013, 09:17:07 PM
Yes, WP is five before you spend any of your exp.
Okay, just to double check: is there a link or a book with a solid description on what starts at what before you spend?  I need to make sure I'm not messing up.

AndyZ: I hope Valerie wants a cooler hat because the local Twilight may not have much to add to that list of artifacts otherwise.

AndyZ

Somebody needs to help with the Wings of the Raptor repair.

I just hope you can find some use for the volcano.

RSGAlex

Quote from: Jefepato on March 16, 2013, 10:34:57 PM
Okay, just to double check: is there a link or a book with a solid description on what starts at what before you spend?  I need to make sure I'm not messing up.

AndyZ: I hope Valerie wants a cooler hat because the local Twilight may not have much to add to that list of artifacts otherwise.

The list would be Attributes at 1 (because with the exception of Appearance, any of those at 0 makes you varying degrees of unplayable), Virtues at 1 (see above), WP at 5, and Essence at whatever's appropriate for your type.

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

Can I make up a fictional island or should I just go with a place like Hawaii?

Also: are we good with having just English and Old Realm for Linguistics 0?

Jefepato

Quote from: AndyZ on March 16, 2013, 10:36:28 PM
Somebody needs to help with the Wings of the Raptor repair.

I just hope you can find some use for the volcano.
Don't worry, I've played Dwarf Fortress.  If you can't find uses for a volcano you aren't trying all that hard.

AndyZ

Well, specifically I expect you'll get the Procedure to be able to make orichalcum...

avorae

picture

sheet

Name: Nakamura Mikako
Nickname: Mika
Player: Avorae
Calling: Gang Leader
Cast: Night 
Motivation: To turn a criminal empire into a force for good
Intimacies:
Height: 160 cm [5'3”]
Weight: 50 kg [110 lbs]
Eyes: Grey
Hair: Black
Skin tone: Asian
Date of birth: 5/12
Apparent Age: 18

Exp: 667
spent: 667

ATTRIBUTES
Strength •••   
Dexterity •••••   
Stamina ••• 

Charisma •••   
Manipulation ••• 
Appearance •••••   

Perception ••• 
Intelligence ••• 
Wits •••   

ABILITIES
DAWN
Archery
Firearms •
Martial Arts •••••
Melee
Thrown
War ••
ZENITH
Integrity •••
Performance ••
Presence •••
Resistance ••
Survival ••
TWILIGHT
Craft ••••
-Fire
-Air
-Wood
-Magitech
Investigation ••
Lore •••••
Medicine ••
Occult •••
NIGHT
Athletics •••
Awareness  •••
Dodge ••••[•••]
Larceny •••••
Stealth •••••
ECLIPSE
Bureaucracy
Drive •••••
Linguistics ••
-Anglo-Frisian (English, Scots, Frisian)
-Japonic (Japanese, Ryukyuan)
Ride
Sail
Socialize ••
SPECIALTIES
Solar Hero Style +3 [Martial arts]
Muscle Cars +3 [Drive]

BACKGROUNDS
Resources •••••   
Cache Egg •••
Artifact [Transformative Armor] ••
Artifact [Hearthstone bracers] ••
Artifact [Pair of Black-widow Razors] •••• 
Contacts [Underworld] ••
Followers [**The Queens**] •••
Influence •••
Cult •
Node ••

CHARMS
Solar Hero Style
Fist of Iron Technique
Sledgehammer Fist Punch
Dragon Coil Technique
Solar Hero Form
Heaven Thunder Hammer
Crashing Wave Throw
Ox-Stunning Blow
Hammer on Iron Technique
Shockwave Technique
Resistance
Invincible Essence Reinforcement
Larceny
Essence Triumphant
Flawless Pickpocket
Stealing From Plain Sight
Lock Opening Touch
Flawless Impenetrable Disguise
Perfect Mirror
Dodge
Shadow over Water
Reflex Sidestep Technique
Seven Shadow Evasion
Stealth
Easily Overlooked Presence Method
Mental Invisibility Technique
Drive
Daredevil Driving Technique
Martial Arts
Knockout Blow
Thunderclap Rush Attack

VIRTUES
Compassion •••
[  ][  ][  ]
Conviction •••
[  ][  ][  ]
Temperance •••
[  ][  ][  ]
Valor ••••
[  ][  ][  ][  ]

Essence ••• 
Personal : 14/14
Peripheral: 25/25
Committed: 14
Anima: 0

WILLPOWER •••••   
Willpower Pool [  ][  ][  ][  ][  ]
COMBAT
Join Battle: 6
Dodge DV: 8
Dodge MDV: 5

SOAK
Bashing:10 [15 with Solar hero form active]
Lethal:12 [17 with Solar hero form active]
Aggravated:6

HARDENESS
Bashing:2
Lethal:2

WOUNDS
-0 [  ]
-1 [  ][  ]
-2 [  ][  ]
-4 [  ]
Inc [  ]
Dying [  ][  ][  ]

WEAPONS
WEAPON:Clinch
SPD:6
ACC:10
DAM:3B
DEF:N/A
RNG:N/A
Rate:1
Tags:C,N,P

WEAPON:Punch
SPD:5
ACC:11
DAM:3B
DEF:9
Rate:3
Tags:N

WEAPON:Kick
ACC:10
DAM:6B
DEF:7
Rate:3
Tags:N

WEAPON:Black-widow Razors
ACC:16
DAM:8L
DEF:7
Rate:4
Tags:M

AndyZ

Do we have anybody set for Eclipse or should I try to help recruit?

Note: I forgot that Immanent Solar Glory is War 5 so I adjusted some stuff to make it fit.  That leaves me with 3xp that I may or may not figure out how to spend before game begins.  All XP spent, and should be done other than Anima, Intimacies and equipment.

Cessali

I'm fairly certain we just have the four that have posted thus far.  If you can rustle up an Eclipse, that could be pretty hoss.

AndyZ

Not too much luck finding someone on my end.  I can keep trying but if anyone else has someone, feel free.  Otherwise we may just go with 4 or something.

Muse

Hi folks, still looking for an Eclipse? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

avorae

Muse

Hm...   Let's see if I can come up with a concept that *gasp!* doesn't have dexterity 5!!! 

Let's see, looks like everyone uses solar hero form and/or marksmasnhip? 

Where do I find this EXP buy system?  Does it closely follow the normal book? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RSGAlex

First, sorry about being out for so long. I don't know what I got, but it kicked my ass something fierce.

For the EXP buy, start with the absolute minimums (1 in all Attributes and Virtues, 5 in WP, appropriate number for Essence), and then use the EXP table in the book to buy things.

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

Welcome back.  I have various questions for you scattered about the thread, but I can repost them if need be.

RSGAlex

Repost them. Although, the bullets look fine. (Rubber I'm thinking do bashing, and the AP... are Piercing.)

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

AP are actually listed, but yeah ^_^

Can we all start with Old Realm for free?  I imagine my char as just having English and Old Realm and didn't put any points in Linguistics, but I can change that around if needed.

Can I make up a fictional island to have as my island or do you want it based more on a real area?

Can we purchase Command or should we stick to Followers?

avorae

Welcome Back RSG.

Now that you have returned i guess i should finish up my character and get the final version posted for your approval.

RSGAlex

I'll consider giving everyone the Old Realm family as a bonus when I've approved everyone. (Also even though you have Linguistics 0, upon Exalting you traded English for Anglo-Frisian, so you speak three languages)

For the island, pitch an idea at me. It doesn't have to be explicitly based on reality, but don't make it too absurd. That consumptive island from the Life of Pi would be a bit much without taking it as a demense at the least.

For Command, what nation are you associated with, and do you have this army because you have actual military rank, or because the place is such that you can actually have a literal private army?

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

Which three are Anglo-Frescan?  Either way, I'd be willing to trade the other two besides English for OR if you decide not to give it to everyone for free.

The island idea is mostly a tropical resort as written up in her backstory.  Really nice hotel, sandy beaches, dormant volcano, a single-lane airport and probably a few hours from the mainland by boat.  Basically the place discussed in her backstory.  I could make it Hawai'i or something like that but figured it'd be more fun to make up an imaginary one.

No actual army for Command, just Tiger Warrior Training and a combination of having people join up, training people who already work in defense, and offering a second chance to those who surrender (albeit using Judge's Ear Technique when they promise not to use their new talents for evil).  I'm good with leaving it as Followers, just thought I'd ask about possible Command.

RSGAlex

Anglo-Frisian is Scots, English, and Frisian.

The island sounds okay, if you want to write up some background for it, that's also good.

And the Tiger Warriors would be Followers. And I'll work on writing up a Creation Ruling Mandate set of stats for the soldiers. It's more useful than Mail and Steel.

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

I wrote up stats for what I'd give the Followers.  The only thing I wrote that I wouldn't be able to give them via Tiger Warrior is Stamina 3.

I'll think up some more background to add for the island.

RSGAlex

No, basic TWTT can give Stamina to 4.

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

But it can't train above what the Solar has, and Val only has Stamina 2.

RSGAlex

I did not notice that she had Stamina 2. That explains that then.

Please wait warmly.

avorae

Quote from: RSGAlex on March 22, 2013, 09:08:43 PM
I'll work on writing up a Creation Ruling Mandate set of stats for the soldiers. It's more useful than Mail and Steel.

Could anyone tell me what book that is in. I need to write up my followers as well unless the ST wishes to do it for me.

AndyZ

If RSGAlex is good with us knowing each other at start, I can help train them up.

RSGAlex

The Creation Ruling Mandate is in Masters of Jade. And I'm willing to do those stats if you'll give me the base stats of your followers/minions, and answer a few questions.

Please wait warmly.

avorae

Quote from: RSGAlex on March 22, 2013, 09:49:41 PM
The Creation Ruling Mandate is in Masters of Jade. And I'm willing to do those stats if you'll give me the base stats of your followers/minions, and answer a few questions.

Sure ask away.

As for the basic of her budding empire. They are a group of highly specialized thieves dealing in B&E and Cons.

She does have a code that they must follow though I am working on it.

RSGAlex

The three big questions are as thus:

• Motivation: What is the reason d'etre for the group. In this case it sounds like either getting rich or getting revenge.
  • Intimacies: Give me a few intimacies that the group has. You get a bonus for working with them, and a bigger penalty for working against them.
  • Structure:How's the group organized. It's probably the Exalt on top, but what about the mortals below? Are there certain people that can make certain decisions on their own? That kind of thing.

Then just choose stats for the followers, and I'll go and assign the stats for the group in the CRM.

Please wait warmly.

avorae

1.Motivation: What is the reason d'etre for the group. In this case it sounds like either getting rich or getting revenge.

Ultimately she is seeking revenge for what a crime family did to her parents but in a twisted sort of way. Instead of killing the people responsible and destroying the family she wants to have the upper echelon put in jail for the murders and take over the family and use them as a force for good. All the members of her current gang are the female members who have been hurt by the crime family in some form or fashion. [former prostitutes, had family killed , those who have been abused, etc.]

2.Intimacies: Give me a few intimacies that the group has. You get a bonus for working with them, and a bigger penalty for working against them.

-The code [All members must follow a strict code of conduct at all times] (still working on what the code is)
-Robin Hood [The group will only take from criminals or those who abuse their power for selfish or evil purposes]
-Protect the pure [The group will always try to protect children unless they break the code]

3.Structure:How's the group organized. It's probably the Exalt on top, but what about the mortals below? Are there certain people that can make certain decisions on their own? That kind of thing.

Mika is the groups leader but she does so from the shadows. Only her top lieutenants know her true identity. As for the structure she runs it like a spec ops force with the members split into 5-10 woman units when on assignment. Her lieutenants can make decisions on their own but if possible they try to get her advice before hand. She also likes to hold weekly to bi-weekly meetings with them even when not on missions to make sure everyone is on the same page.

She will also use her Flawless Impenetrable Disguise to go around the various units to check how they are doing as well.

RSGAlex

Just decide on a partial stat-line for the followers (7-8 dice in their core area of competence and related ones is a good bench-mark, absent training effects), and I'll get to work on making the CRM stats for the group.

Please wait warmly.

avorae

There core stat would be Larceny but there will be one or two muscles with them as well just in case things go south.

Edit: she is also done now. save for possible mudane gear that she typically carries.

RSGAlex

Looking over the sheet, the soak doesn't quite work right. You'd have a base soak of 6B/6L, and I don't know what the Transformative Armor is.

(I thought it was the Everyman armor at first, but that's a 3 dot artifact. It would give you the proper amount of Agg soak from the armor, but then your Bashing and Lethal soaks are off.)

Also, the Hardness is off, possibly. Again, it depends on what the Transformative Armor is.

Those are the immediate off the top of my head things.

Please wait warmly.

avorae

Quote from: RSGAlex on March 22, 2013, 11:49:56 PM
Looking over the sheet, the soak doesn't quite work right. You'd have a base soak of 6B/6L, and I don't know what the Transformative Armor is.

(I thought it was the Everyman armor at first, but that's a 3 dot artifact. It would give you the proper amount of Agg soak from the armor, but then your Bashing and Lethal soaks are off.)

Also, the Hardness is off, possibly. Again, it depends on what the Transformative Armor is.

Those are the immediate off the top of my head things.
Trasnformative armor: Soak: 6L/4B Hardness: 2B/2L Mobility: -0 Fatigue: 0 Attune: 4 [Scroll of Fallen Races Pg. 26]
Some of the more vain Artisans wished to make certain that they were always properly dressed for any occasion. To meet this need, skilled crafters wove the first suits of transformative clothing. This clothing is made from an Essence-sensitive fabric including threads of spun jade and moonsilver. In its basic form, it resembles a finely made tunic of synthetic silk. When the wearer spends one mote, however, she can cause the fabric to shape itself to her will, expanding and contracting the weave, altering its color, texture and shape to fit her precise specifications. It can become everything from a single glove or hat to an elaborate and multilayer suit of elaborate courtly garb. The wearer can also spend one mote to cause the garment to almost instantly clean itself and repair any damage. This transformation is exceptionally rapid, requiring only a miscellaneous action (5, -1 DV). To either duplicate a garment she has seen before or design one of her own, the wearer must make a (Wits + Craft [Wood]) roll, with a failure indicating that the garment looks significantly different from the desired result. This artifact can duplicate any appearance it has ever held without requiring a roll, however. An ordinary suit of this clothing is a one-dot Artifact that can protect the wearer from heat and cold but has no value as armor. Artisans who wish to be able to protect themselves from attack even in situations where wearing armor is not appropriate (or who insist on looking stylish even on the field of battle) often wear a two-dot version of this artifact. Such armor always provides the listed bonus, regardless of its current form. Suits of transformative armor have all of the capabilities of a normal suit of transformative clothing. Because they are made from threads made from several magical materials, they gain no magical material bonuses.

Jefepato

So, hey.  Is thaumaturgy going to be something we (well, I) can teach to normal people?  It's not covered by Legendary Scholar Curriculum I guess, but well, people can still learn by...learning like normal people learn.

I'm suddenly tempted to bring the light of education to the masses.  If anyone has recommends on useful thaumaturgy fields for an Exalt (besides the obvious thing that refines orichalcum), I'm all ears.

Unrelatedly, remind me; is making something like a daiklave still Craft (Fire) even if you require Lore and Occult and all that?  I'm going full Craft 5 of course but it still matters for Peerless Paragon of (Element).

It sounds like most of our characters are fairly nice folks, so the doctor idea I was planning to run with should work.  I'm going to get working on this, that's enough procrastination for now.

AndyZ

I recommend Least Wonder.  It takes a long time to use but makes items exceptional and can be used on anything.

Ajoxer

Hey, folks.

Sounds like you've already got a perfect circle, and a solid group for the game, but I'll just be placing my interest in being a part of the game out here. I'm exceptionally flexible, and I know Jefepato and Muse well enough that they can probably vouch for me if need be. I am a strong believer in not overloading a game, though; So if you ever get to a point where you're down a person, or need someone non-Solar, I don't know, something along those lines, just let me know.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Jefepato

How's Spanish count, language-wise?  I was thinking "Romance," but after Wikipedia finished blowing my mind about language families I'm wondering if I need to downgrade that to Gallo-Iberian.

Also.  Body-Purifying Admonitions vs. the blood bond.  Do I get to make the Kindred cry?

DOUBLE EDIT: If I bought a Procedure on its own, could I later take that expenditure as a discount on the full Degree if I wanted it for whatever reason?  I don't know if that's important, but it may be.

AndyZ

Quote from: Jefepato on March 23, 2013, 01:42:04 PM
DOUBLE EDIT: If I bought a Procedure on its own, could I later take that expenditure as a discount on the full Degree if I wanted it for whatever reason?  I don't know if that's important, but it may be.

Yep.  The core specifically says that you do.

RSGAlex

Lemme work my way down from my last post.

avorae, that gives you 12L/10B/6A soak. (I tend to forget about that book, from disuse. I should correct this error.) Edit: Oh, and you have one more language family coming to you, assuming that neither Anglo-Frisian nor Japonic holds your native tongue.

Jefepato, yeah, you can teach Thaumaturgy normally. The charm Terrestrial Edification Program (Lore and Ess 5, requires Legendary Scholar Cirriculum) lets you teach, among other things, Thaumaturgy, Sorcery, and spells with HAM. And unless you're making a highly unusual daiklave (plant-klave?) it would be Craft(Fire). I went with Western Iberian (see page two/above) for Spanish. And yes, Body-Purifying Admonitions, it can make the Kindred cry. And if you also have Instant Treatment Methodology and Contagion-Curing Touch, you're also Kenshiro.

And finally, hey, Ajoxer. I'll keep you in mind.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, just remembered. If you take a procedure like Least Wonder or one of the Wards, you need to specify what kind of Wonder you make, or being you can ward against.

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

You were asking about Procedures, by the way.  I just saw the one A Canticle For Hope in the Unconquered Sun book and that might be good, although it only works out to about 100 miles.

RSGAlex

Here is an appropriate song.

I went and put up the Drinking Problems that vamps have for Solars, since all we have now is Solars. Needless to say, the Chosen of the Sun are not happy-funtime snacks for leeches.

I also have a few thaum procedures whose main purpose is to be ingredients for artifacts, and a charm (and a CCS spell), if anyone wants is interested.

Please wait warmly.

Jefepato

I kinda had my eye on Alchemy, it seemed like about my character's speed.  Definitely interested in whatever material you'd like to share.

Shame the errata nixed the Exalted's ability to spend motes in place of exotic ingredients, though.  Time to put that Craft (Wood) to work I guess.  (Or bite the bullet and get a cache egg with various weird crap from Creation.)

The Lore teaching charms still seem to require two Excellencies.  And...looking at your houserules I think Wyld-Shaping Technique might be kind of a bad idea.

AndyZ

The really hard part for Alchemy is that Earth and Creation have pretty different ecosystems, unless you can get away with substitutes.

RSGAlex

WST is a bad idea, if you don't protect yourself properly. If you do, it's not nearly as dangerous. And yeah, the Lore teaching charm is locked behind two excellencies because it is so powerful. As scary as TWTT is, HAM is even scarier, especially when fully upgraded.

With a degree, substitutes can be made without penalty. Unless the substitute was also of low quality.

Twin Hand Boast

Art of Alchemy 1, Wits, 2, Six Hours

This brew, in the first age, was made mostly to anoint select parts of artifacts that were made to be used paired, helping to align the essence of the pair.

Of the ten thousand recipes that have survived into the present day, all share one common base, the opposing halves of two identical objects, each of which had been cut in half using the same blade, by the same person, in the same manner. The two halves are used as a base for what is best described as a demented stew of matched ingredients, some powdered, some whole, most in-between the two states.

Although usually used for the making of artifacts, say by soaking the magical materials, or the specially made and identical grips of a pair of short daiklaves, the resulting brew can be imbibed, and for a scene the drinker treats both hands as dominant.

Rituals of Rarefied Jade

Art of Alchemy 2/3, Stamina, 2/4, One Week

The adept version of this ritual allows Dragon Blooded to convert one color of jade to another, or more usefully, slowly purify jade of the proper color for her aspect. The ritual consumes various specially prepared, essence infused items that the dragon blood's anima consumes, worth resources 3, and eight motes from the Terrestrial. Small pieces of jade are usually swallowed after being treated with a paste of the items, or sewn under the skin near chakras that have occult sigils painted on them with the ashen remains of items. Larger pieces of jade tend to have the items placed on them and destroyed by the dragon blood's anima as he chants certain sutras to the Elemental Dragons. The whole affair takes less than an hour in either way, but the transformation takes the full week to finish, and it is not useful in crafts until the time has passed.

The master version of this ritual creates unique versions of jade, referred to in the few texts that feature the ritual as blended jade. The ritual is much the same, only requiring rarer items to be prepared in more elaborate ways (resources 4 to buy), and is far more difficult. Dragon Bloods with aspects not matching the jade's produce jade that shows stripes of jade of both (or all for those with more than one aspect) colors, in twisting arcs like a peppermint candy. Solars produce jade with bands of yellow heavily tainted with the color of the jade itself, while Lunars give the result stripes of shining, almost reflective silver-steel. Siderals give the jade stripes of pure color of their anima, unearthly and unnatural, even if a Battles Caste were to perform the ritual on the purest of Red Jades. It's unknown, yet, what an Abyssal, or Green Sun Prince's version of this ritual would look like, or even what kind of artifacts such things would be useful in.

Perfection Subverted

Art of Alchemy 3, Wits, 4, One Hour

This ritual requires that the user have a defense charm with no intrinsic chance of failure (such as a dice roll) but an extrinsic chance of failure (the Solar and Lunar Flaws of Invulnerability as examples), or else be willing to ruin a large number of perfect items, some of which are about as potent for artifice as the resultant potion is.

Materially, making the poison requires several essence binding plants of abnormally poor quality, a pool of ritually fouled water, and five uses of the perfect defense charm that the thaumaturge possesses. The specific toxins used to foul the water have a resources cost of 4. In addition, the thaumaturge must intentionally mangle the channeling of Essence at the right moment of time, diverting it into the water, which is then mixed with the binding agents.

The resulting mix of essence and fouled water rebels against itself and quickly congeals into a surprisingly sweet smelling, and cloyingly sweet tasting mix with a paste like consistancy. Used as a poison, a single dose has traits of 1L/charm or hour, 2L, Essence Use/Hour, -1, and the procedure produces seven doses.

A normally made dose of the poison is mostly useful for minor artifacts that protect against poison, although some ancient individuals remember how to make more potent versions of this poison, for use in stronger, or just more offensive artifacts.

Neti Neti's Brew

Art of Alchemy 2, Charisma, 3, One Day

This relatively simple alchemical brew is used to treat the ivory face masks sometimes turned into artifacts. It is far from the only way to make ingredients for the mask, but one of the simplest. The traditional recipe is a distillation of sunlight and forget me nots, boiled in a broth made with duck fat. The duck fat is by far the most expensive part of this in most places, requiring as much as Resources 3 to get it, should you for some reason need duck fat to be brought to you from another direction. Ingested, the soup gives one die to any roll to exert authority, or three if one boldly claims to be a non-existent lord.

The mask is usually far more useful.

And for comedy

Hundred Year Ice Sheets

Art of Spirit Beckoning 3, Strength, 8, One Century

One of the less used or known rituals in all of Creation, this ritual was made by, and remains the almost exclusive province of the fair folk for its absurd difficulty, and even more absurd length. The materials involved are seven exotic spices from the four corners of Creation, baroquely engraved (skill and talent are optional) tubs, and lots of water.

The thaumaturge shouts curses and challenges to the spirits of air, and directs the responses of the spirits into the water by throwing handfuls of the spices into the spirit's oncoming displeasure. Success will eventually end up in making large amounts of Hundred Year Ice, which is strong as steel, light as ice, and would last, even in deepest South, for a century. Unfortunately, it is only as strong as steel, heavy as ice, and would last, even in the furthest North, for only a century.

When the Raksha deign to make this, it is usually from gossamer, lies, or though extensive use of the fluidity of the Wyld.

Please wait warmly.

avorae

Quote from: RSGAlex on March 23, 2013, 08:52:31 PM
Edit: Oh, and you have one more language family coming to you, assuming that neither Anglo-Frisian nor Japonic holds your native tongue.
English is her native tongue but as her parents where first generation immigrants to the United States she is also proficient in their native language as well. 

RSGAlex

Got any ideas on what you want your extra family to be?

Please wait warmly.

avorae

Quote from: RSGAlex on March 25, 2013, 11:37:16 PM
Got any ideas on what you want your extra family to be?
I'll have to think on it a bit.

AndyZ

Incidentally, I want to give Jarick's char express permission to have seen Valerie flying around on her raptor wings via some form of security camera.  That'll make it easier to get together and Valerie isn't exactly subtle.

Muse

Hey folks, I'm keeping pretty busy these days.  I'd like to concede my spot to Ajoxer.  He's good ramen.  :)

RSGAlex

Please wait warmly.

Ajoxer

This is potentially great because I've got an idea for an Eclipse Solar rock star who single-handedly feeds an entire entourage of Changeling refugees with enough glamour to beat off banality nearly permanently. All about bringing magic back into the world through the power of rock.

Because it is always rock.

If that idea sounds good, I'll begin work on it; If not, I shall consider other possibilities.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

RSGAlex

Bad Joke
But wouldn't you have to be a Dragon Blooded to have the power of Rock?

It could probably be done.

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

*discreetly adds the power of Paper to Valerie's sheet*

RSGAlex

Two things this time.

One is going to be a few lists about the 24 demons. The lists are all totally true, even when the numbers add up to more than 24. Mostly from technicalites, or having two categories apply to the same being.

Two, and I can't believe I forgot to ask this, what's the preferred level of kinkyness for this one? I'll go and take a safe bet and say
above

Light:Human.

List
Of the 24 demons, sociologically, here's the count. 17 are first circles. 9 count as citizens.

Of the 24 demons, 3 are working to let higher circles in to the new world. 22 are more focused on other things.

Of the 24 demons, 1 offers flesh-crafting, 1 offers cleaning, 1 offers lore, and 24 offer beatings to unwary supernaturals native to the World of Darkness.

Of the 24 demons, 6 have experience with being more than grunts in war.

Oh, and try highlighting the space between the ellipsis and say.

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

I doubt anyone will easily capture Valerie in order to use NC, though if it happens, I'm okay with it.  If we have demons, werewolves, Lunars and the like, Exotic may be a better suggestion than Human, but that's on you.

RSGAlex

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

Yeah, the highlighting trick works.  I have it on a few spots of Valerie's sheet to remind me of things like how many total peripheral motes she has.

If you have the thread set on Notify, it also automatically shows you hidden text like that.

RSGAlex

Oh, well. It just makes the joke a bit less obvious, until you get in here.

Please wait warmly.

Cessali

It might be worth just-in-case scaling it to Exotic (all sorts of strange things out there), and while it's not something that interests me personally, I can deal with Non-Con.

AndyZ

Possibly crazy question, but if we have the English group, do we get American Sign Language?

RSGAlex

You'd get ASL with Anglo-Frisian or Body language.

And I had a joke about what Jarick said, but now that I think about it, a 'please don't fuck the Vhodz' joke would probably be in bad taste.

Please wait warmly.

ShadowFox89

Is this still recruiting? And would you possibly be willing to allow Terrifying Argent Witches version of Lunars? >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AndyZ

I don't think any of the PCs plan on raping anyone, so unless our Solars can expect to be raped, Bondage should be fine.

Likewise, unless someone has plans for sexy time with something non-human, Human should be fine.

Light would even be fine for Val but I don't expect everyone to stick to her ways.

RSGAlex

Shadow, at the moment, I've got the number of people I want for this, although I'll put you down as first on the to ask list should somebody drop out, retire, or become a Bydo.

And I think that the three sheets that are posted are complete.

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

I've been teasing out equipment and intimacies, and may add a bit to the island if Avorae wants some additions or changes.  Stats should be pretty finalized though.

If people like the idea, I was thinking that Valerie took out a full-page ad in a newspaper written up in Old Realm, inviting them to come to the island and giving instructions for contacting her if they couldn't afford a plane ticket.  That seems like an easy enough way for people to meet up and a starting point for the game.

Jefepato

Sorry for the delay, I had a couple questions.

My character is supposed to be a physician with Doctors Without Borders.  I was hoping for ideas on where specifically he might have been working when he Exalted, because I'm not super knowledgeable and I don't want to come across like an ignorant jackass when I write backstory/pick language groups.

Also, is it too silly to use a scalpel as a primary weapon (just treated as a dagger or something)?  I figure he's nowhere near a primary combatant, but he'll still have enough dice to wreck some shit as previously noted.

Regarding what board to use, I'd be fine with Light.  I have little intention of doing anything that isn't Light and also I think people honestly use "heavier" boards than they really need too often.

AndyZ

Quote from: Jefepato on April 01, 2013, 02:36:05 AM
Sorry for the delay, I had a couple questions.

My character is supposed to be a physician with Doctors Without Borders.  I was hoping for ideas on where specifically he might have been working when he Exalted, because I'm not super knowledgeable and I don't want to come across like an ignorant jackass when I write backstory/pick language groups.

Also, is it too silly to use a scalpel as a primary weapon (just treated as a dagger or something)?  I figure he's nowhere near a primary combatant, but he'll still have enough dice to wreck some shit as previously noted.

Regarding what board to use, I'd be fine with Light.  I have little intention of doing anything that isn't Light and also I think people honestly use "heavier" boards than they really need too often.

Exaltation tends to happen when someone is ready and willing to be awesome and makes them able. I could see it for putting your own life on the line to tend the wounded , backed into a corner and have to free people , or any number of similar options. Of course , you also have to be hale and healthy to be selected.

Twilights tend to be those who at not only knowledgeable but will work to put that knowledge to work. Doctors Without Borders seems to qualify at a glance for what its website says.

Exaltations don't make people heroic. They take people who are already heroic and make them awesome. It won't come to a scholar as readily as an explorer, for example.

I hope that helps

RSGAlex

A scalpel is fine as a dagger.

And as for where, choose a place that has a lot of violence. that should give you some good opportunities for heroism or at least grandiose planning. And you don't have to be hale or healthy, it just really helps.

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

Any news on the Eclipse?  Not sure what happened to Ajoxer, but we may want to consider Shadowfox89 if Ajoxer doesn't come back.

RSGAlex

I haven't heard anything from ajoxer, and from the look of his profile, he hasn't been on for a week, more or less.

I'll message Shadowfox, unless I see something from ajoxer soon-ish. (But I hope ajoxer's okay)

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

Just poked Shadowfox89 and he doesn't like Eclipse.  Unfortunate.

Maybe someone else has a way of pulling out somebody to complete the circle?

RSGAlex

Well, in all fairness, he doesn't have to be an Eclipse, or even Solar. Everyone just seemed to jump on them.

Please wait warmly.

Jefepato

Ajoxer told me a little bit ago on AIM that he should have time on Saturday to write up the character, but I'll let him know to pay more attention to the thread.

RSGAlex

Please wait warmly.

Ajoxer

Hey, everyone.

My apologies for disappearing there; This is a Busy Dang Week, which will be followed by three Less Busy Weeks, and then two more Exceedingly Busy Weeks, But Somewhat Less Busy Than These Ones

As Jefepato mentioned, I'm still in. I'll have my character finished on Saturday; Simple enough for me. I shall try to keep logging on; This is the only game I've got a particular investment in at the moment.

AndyZ

No worries, Ajoxer.  Apologies if I came off as impatient.  May I add you to AIM?

RSGAlex

Good to see that you're back and well.

Please wait warmly.

Ajoxer

As a bit of a lead-in; I'm considering my character's physical defenses. What would people, and the GM, prefer? A dip into the Songbird martial art style in Scroll of the Monk, or an artifact guitar? I'm not sure if I'll be going the Heavy Metal method with a grimcleaver, or statting up a goremaul to do things Classic Rock, FLCL style.

Ah hell with it I like FLCL too much. 1961 Gibson EB-O.

AIM is fine; I'm HomerinNYC.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

RSGAlex

Personal preference would be for an artifact guitar, because most of the Scroll of the Monk stuff is, how shall I say it, in need of an overhaul.

Shadow, you can come on out to pla~ay, since I jumped the gun a little.

EDIT: Oh, and don't take Old Realm, you'll be getting it when I have all the sheets in my grubby little hands.

Please wait warmly.

Jefepato

Any alchemy thaumaturgy Procedures folks really want me to have outside Alchemy?

Speak now, I'm about to burn out my last bits of XP.

Giving a moment past normal because I typo'd.  Alchemy is covered, but if you really really think I needed something else on arrival (not sure what but still) say so now.

ShadowFox89

http://forums.white-wolf.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=70934

That's what I'm going off of for character creation.. Swapping the BP for XP of course.

edit: Are we using Flat-XP? It cuts out a great deal of math involved >.>

And do Lunars use the same XP as solaroids?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Cessali

Everyone's using the standard XP buy.  All Attributes and Virtues start at 1, Willpower starts at 5, Essence starts (and is locked) at 3.  Whether or not you're getting a different break on the costs is up to Alex, tho.

RSGAlex

Use the solar costs. It keeps things simpler.

Please wait warmly.

ShadowFox89

Next question is... what would you rate an artifact that is a Reaper Daiklave with a Behemoth Hearthpiercer built into the sheath? So that, when the sword isn't drawn, it can function as a gun?

Also, do manses exist or do we follow the same rules for that as in Modern Shard?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RSGAlex

I'd probably put it as a three or a four depending on attunement costs, and if it has any other tricks.

Manses don't currently exist, but you can take a Node or Caern and then build it up into a manse.

Please wait warmly.

ShadowFox89

No idea what a Node or Caern is :P

Probably put the weapon at attune 9... and give an ability to be able to quick draw the sword as a reflexive action for a 1m cost.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RSGAlex

Node and Caern are mage and werewolf, respectively, places of power.

Please wait warmly.

ShadowFox89

Ah, okay.

Well, I need some sort of base of operations for my lunar....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AndyZ

It's kinda difficult to combine the cost for two level 2 items.  My usual trick for quick and easy artifact combining is that you can combine a level 1 and a level 2 as a level 3, or a level 3 and a level 2 as a level 4, or a level 4 and a level 2 as a level 5.

I could see it being level 4 if you have a Reaper Daiklave with a Behemoth Hearthpiercer and implement a Heartseeking Focus Lens into it.  I could also see a Reaper Daiklaive with a Divine Shout Trigger built into the weapon.  Just combine all commitment points into the one weapon.

ShadowFox89

Quote from: AndyZ on April 07, 2013, 01:45:11 AM
It's kinda difficult to combine the cost for two level 2 items.  My usual trick for quick and easy artifact combining is that you can combine a level 1 and a level 2 as a level 3, or a level 3 and a level 2 as a level 4, or a level 4 and a level 2 as a level 5.

The problem with that is, now you have a weapon that has more dots than it would actually be worth. Or are you telling me that you think a Godcannon with a Daiklave bayonet attachment is worth the same as an Eye of the Fire Dragon? Or the Forgotten Blade? Or the Soul Mirror?

Another question- How many forms can I start off with knowing? I think my lunar may need to break into a zoo and start pulling a Noah >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RSGAlex

Now I could be misunderstanding, because it's late for me, but I think he's saying that yours is hard to price because it doesn't fall into his usually usual patterns.

Some of which I share, sometimes there's mystic bullshit number crunching involved.

His first suggestion actually has 5 dots of artifact for four, but at the same time, could actually make use of the limitations of the combined weapon style. I'm guessing that the second one would be rated at three dots, because that's what the combined cost is, and there's no great benefit from the combined form, and a relatively minor limitation from it.

As for forms, by default it's you and totem, IIRC. But there's a background if you want to take more and not have to explain (much) how you got them.

Please wait warmly.

ShadowFox89

Terrifying Argent Witches don't have totemic forms unless they take a charm for it.

Would you be fine if I grabbed the forms of various common city animals; cats, dogs, small birds of prey. Since animals using TAW are represented as clusters of mutations, I can figure out which ones fit.... And will need to go hunting in Canada for some bigger, badder forms >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RSGAlex

Just so long as you don't become Shadow the Final Destroyer.

Sha-Shadow, the Final Destroyer. The Final Destroyer, Shadow.

Please wait warmly.

ShadowFox89

Actually, I plan on her totemic form being some sort of hulking, 10ft tall shadowy beast >.>

The basic idea with what she can do, is that she can pull a Liam Neeson in Taken. She will hunt you. She will find you. And she won't stop until her objective is done. Even if she has to tear a city apart to do so.

I'm the Juggernaught, bitch.
Object-In-Motion Technique

Cost: - (1m); Mins: Strength 3, Essence 2; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Action-Only
Prerequisite Charms: Gravity-Intimidating Brutality
Bulging with power, the Lunar takes a leap. Anything which gets in her way only has itself to blame. This Charm enhances its prerequisite. While it is active, the Lunar may reflexively jump when she takes a Move action on her action tick. In addition, should the Lunar's jumps take her into contact with an inanimate, non-magical structure or object not currently in use by another character, she may by spending 1m reflexively make an attack against it. If she destroys the object with her reflexive attack, her passage is not impeded and she completes her Jump without being bought to a halt (often leaving a Lunar-shaped hole in the wall behind her). Attacks should be appropriately resolved against the obstructing object or structure - for example, if her jump is obstructed by a tree branch, damage should be resolved against that rather than the tree as a whole. The Lunar must be able to make her way through to the other side of the structure or object with her movement for passage to be cleared; otherwise the attack functions as a normal attack would.
At Essence 3, this Charm automatically improves. Against objects or structures with a Resources value less than her Essence, a single level of damage against the object is enough to clear her way.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RSGAlex

Just don't say that there's Linda broth involved. (Cookie to anyone that gets the references. It's dipped in Delisauce.)

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on April 07, 2013, 02:14:48 AM
The problem with that is, now you have a weapon that has more dots than it would actually be worth. Or are you telling me that you think a Godcannon with a Daiklave bayonet attachment is worth the same as an Eye of the Fire Dragon? Or the Forgotten Blade? Or the Soul Mirror?

The way I came up with the thing is that Windblades have the option of being Daiklaives as well.  That combines a 3 dot and a 2 dot into a 4 dot.

All the artifacts you listed are 5 dot, not 4 dot.

ShadowFox89

So, just a pondering... Would a werewolf be a viable target to steal the form of? Since TAW don't need to spend time sacred hunting their targets...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RSGAlex

Yes and no. You can steal the shape, but depending on what benefits you're looking at, you might not get them.

Please wait warmly.

ShadowFox89

The stuff that could be translated as mutations. Claws, armored hides, enhanced sense of smell, etc.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RSGAlex

My first blush is to say that without some other mojo of some kind, you end up getting the breed form of the were in question.

Please wait warmly.

ShadowFox89

Kinda what I meant, I'm not really familiar with werewolves. Like if I nom a wolf breed, getting the traits that a wolf would have.

And here's the beta idea for the sword-gun....

Gunblade (needs a new name)
The Gunblade has three forms, each of which may be adapted once a tick as a reflexive action for 2 motes. The first form is an autoklave, the second is a behemoth hearthpiercer, and the third is a belt that appears to be made of the gunblade's magical material. When the gunblade is changed into either of it's forms, it leaps into the wielders hands, which allows it to be drawn reflexively. The gunblade retains any ammo loaded into it, even when not in it's behemoth heartpiercer form.

What I'm aiming for: An artifact rating of about 4, with a fairly high attunement cost in the 11-15 range. It's a powerful artifact but it is a far cry from being a world shaking 5 dot.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AndyZ

Alex, since the first scene of the game is going to be everyone meeting up and chatting, would you like to start things off and let people finish up their characters while doing the intro scene?  I don't expect a lot of dice rolling during the meet and greet.

ShadowFox89

How exactly are we starting up anyway.... I still need a name for my lunar >.<

I've got her sheet done, sans XP spent. I'll probably spend half the XP on abilities/attributes...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Well apparently this is pure XP...

I'm sorry, that's way too much math for me. I wouldn't even know how to start a sheet, let alone finish one. I'll keep an eye out for the next Exalted game.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AndyZ

Guess we're down to just the perfect circle then.

RSGAlex

Then in an hour or so, I'm going to make an OOC thread in Exotic, put up the complete sheets, and start with some preludes while the rest of the sheets come in.

Sound good?

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

AndyZ

Actually, does it need to be in Exotic?  Human should be fine there.  Or did someone want Exotic?

RSGAlex

It's me hedging my bets re: weres and changelings.

Please wait warmly.

AndyZ

RSGAlex

Please wait warmly.