💜 Love Is Blind 💜 [Dating Experiment, Recruiting Thread]

Started by Mellific, June 13, 2021, 10:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mellific

This is not your typical dating show. This is a dating show that centers on one question; is love really blind?
If you're interested in discovering the answer to this question, then submit an application to the studio and you just might be chosen to participate in this dating experiment.

Love is Blind is a reality TV show that puts singles to the test by having them spend ten days in the pods. There, they will meet other singles who they can talk to, but cannot see. The show follows a speed-dating format and at the end of it, the singles will be able to propose to whomever they choose, should they feel they have truly fallen in love without ever seeing the person in the other pod.

If you do not propose, then the experiment is over for you and you're free to return home. If you do propose, then you move onto the next stage of the experiment. You and your fiance are flown to an undisclosed resort, where you will have time to get to know each other in person. Each couple will also get to meet the other couples from the pods and are free to discuss their experiences together with other contestants.

After the retreat, the engaged couples are moved into an apartment complex in an undisclosed, Metropolitan city in America. While the couples adjust to living together and planning their wedding, they will also get to meet their fiancé's family and friends at organized events. On the wedding day, the couples will finally have the chance to commit to one another before all of their friends and family.

At the alter is when each couple will make their final decision to either get married or split up, and most importantly, to answer the question; is love blind?

The Set

Questions:

Is this an LGBTQ friendly game?
Yes. Even though the show focused on heterosexual couples, this game will allow couples of any gender to participate.

Do I have to watch the Netflix show to be in the game?
No. You don't need to know anything about the show to be in the RP. Everything will be explained in game.

Can things get sexual in the pods?
Yes, it is completely allowed for sexual conversations and even what has been called 'pod sex' to occur.
Please keep in mind that all participants are being recorded during the entire duration of their conversations.

Can my character choose who to 'date' in the pods?
Yes. Initially, all characters will have one-on-one time with each other.
From there, it is up to your character to decide who they would like a second date with, and so on.

Is my character going to be unable to communicate with the outside during the experiment?
Yes. Your character will have all of their devices taken away and no one will be able to communicate with the outside world while they are participating in the show.
The only exception to this would be for an emergency such as a death in the family, in which case, your character would be granted permission to leave.

How do I make a character sheet?
This is just a recruitment thread and an interest check to see if I would have enough interest to make this into an official group game.
If I gain enough interest, then I will make the rest of the threads and a CS template soon.

What is the posting expectancy?
Please be active in the game. I expect a post rate of about once per week.
Should you know about an impending absence, please let the GM know when able.

Rules:
1. Follow all of E's rules.
2. No OOC drama will be tolerated. Keep the drama IC.
3. All characters must be 21 or older.
4. All face claims must be real people. No artwork or anime.
5. Please be able to post once per week and remain active in game.

List of links:

OOC
Character Sheets
In Character

O/O | A/A | MM

Levi

A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Mellific

O/O | A/A | MM

Dragongoddess

Mellific

Quote from: Elizabeth Ecsed on June 14, 2021, 02:54:48 AM
Interested, with my usual lesbian interests

Lovely! Thank you for your interest.

I'm going to leave this up and see if I get more interest this week. :3

O/O | A/A | MM

FqDoll

Nowherewoman

I claim this thread...for...um...prurience?

(interested)
My eyes are a window to the storm that's getting close.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

Mellific

O/O | A/A | MM

Mellific

What genders/sexualities are you all thinking about making for your characters?

I'd like to make sure we're pretty 'even,' if possible.

O/O | A/A | MM

Levi

Can play either so I'll wait and see which side needs support.
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Nowherewoman

Quote from: Mellific on June 14, 2021, 10:58:06 AM
What genders/sexualities are you all thinking about making for your characters?

I'd like to make sure we're pretty 'even,' if possible.

I usually don't play guys, but if we're short, I can give it a try. Was planning on a bi, somewhat butch F (big surprise there ;D). If I end up with a guy, he'll likely be straight.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

FqDoll

Mellific

Quote from: Levi on June 14, 2021, 12:17:10 PM
Can play either so I'll wait and see which side needs support.
Quote from: Nowherewoman on June 14, 2021, 12:39:45 PM

I usually don't play guys, but if we're short, I can give it a try. Was planning on a bi, somewhat butch F (big surprise there ;D). If I end up with a guy, he'll likely be straight.
Quote from: FqDoll on June 14, 2021, 02:51:46 PM
I'll probably play a bi-sexual woman.

Great. Thanks for the info. :3

I plan to wait and see what's needed as well, but figured I'd probably make a bisexual male and a bisexual female. Gonna wait for some more interest before we move forward, I think.

O/O | A/A | MM

Dragongoddess

As far as genders, I'm leaning either gender fluid or female but if we need more males, I might consider a straight guy. On the other two, I'm probably going to play bi or androsexual. Again, I'm going to watch what happens with this group and I plan to lean towards what's really needed but that's just my basic thoughts right now.

Mellific

Quote from: Dragongoddess on June 14, 2021, 09:39:34 PM
As far as genders, I'm leaning either gender fluid or female but if we need more males, I might consider a straight guy. On the other two, I'm probably going to play bi or androsexual. Again, I'm going to watch what happens with this group and I plan to lean towards what's really needed but that's just my basic thoughts right now.

Perfect! Thank you. <3

I'm intrigued that this has captured the interest of so many women.  ;D

O/O | A/A | MM

Wyatt

Quote from: Mellific on June 15, 2021, 06:20:41 AM
Perfect! Thank you. <3

I'm intrigued that this has captured the interest of so many women.  ;D

Maybe the boys are not realizing what a delightfully lovely opportunity it is to show interest in a game with so many dazzling Ladies already throwing their hats in the ring  ;)
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

Nowherewoman

Mellific

Quote from: Wyatt on June 15, 2021, 02:59:51 PM
Maybe the boys are not realizing what a delightfully lovely opportunity it is to show interest in a game with so many dazzling Ladies already throwing their hats in the ring  ;)

Awww~

Does this mean we can count on your interest, too?  O:)

Quote from: Nowherewoman on June 15, 2021, 04:23:37 PM
Or maybe we're just hornier ;D

::)

O/O | A/A | MM

Wyatt

Quote from: Mellific on June 15, 2021, 04:40:19 PM
Awww~

Does this mean we can count on your interest, too?  O:)

::)

Well, whether it did or didn't originally is moot since I'm pretty damn sure NWW just made sure of my interest  :D
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

Elizabeth Ecsed

NWW is very naughty.

But yeah, this sounds cute and fun and a wonderful chance to play with a bunch of people!

Dragongoddess

Quote from: Nowherewoman on June 15, 2021, 04:23:37 PM
Or maybe we're just hornier ;D
They never seem to give us enough credit lol

Quote from: Elizabeth Ecsed on June 15, 2021, 05:07:25 PM
NWW is very naughty.

But yeah, this sounds cute and fun and a wonderful chance to play with a bunch of people!
Yea and an awesome chance to try to work with different constraints and practice skills you don't get to work with as often.  (Or is that just my thinking?)

Lyrical

Oh Mel! <3 You know I want in on anything you run especially if it's based on a reality show. I have to pass for now because I have far to much going on.

But if you find yourself in need of another female character at some point down the road. PM me please.  This looks like crazy fun.

Dragongoddess

Quote from: Sarita on June 15, 2021, 06:46:11 PM
Oh Mel! <3 You know I want in on anything you run especially if it's based on a reality show. I have to pass for now because I have far to much going on.

But if you find yourself in need of another female character at some point down the road. PM me please.  This looks like crazy fun.
Awwww Sarita, you're going to leave us without your fantastic writing?