[Star Trek TNG]Blood and Fire - Recruitment (STA System Game) Large Game Status!

Started by BlackStone, March 04, 2021, 02:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackStone

The Resolute still has two openings for Diplomatic Officer as well as Chief Engineer.   The away team is currently on an geodetic dome organic ship which came from beyond the Milky Way on a collision course to an inhabited planet.

Also the Resolute is not the only ship in the 12th Fleet and I am entertaining crew members for either the U.S.S. Hornet or the Lyla James to join in on the exploration and protection of the Maelstrom Cluster.  See the links on fist post to see if what we have going on perks your interest.

BlackStone

Looking for new blood to help move the story along.  It would not take too much for people to catch up on.   Here are the roles which would have impact on the current and future plots.

Roles Wanted
Deputy Chief Medical Officer who will become Chief Medical Officer once the current act is done
Chief Engineer
Diplomatic Envoy

All senior or junior officers for the either the U.S.S. Hornet of U.S.S. Lyla James

We do have a Discord server for OOC as well as game mechanics discussions/rolls so players know the outcomes so they can post successes or failures.  Any questions please let me know.

Wolfling72

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

BlackStone

We would love to have you Wolfling.  I think you and Corsica would get along swimmingly, and I know you and Villain have played in games before. 

Wolfling72

Quote from: BlackStone on October 25, 2021, 11:17:36 AM
We would love to have you Wolfling.  I think you and Corsica would get along swimmingly, and I know you and Villain have played in games before.

I have been gone for a long while...hell even when I came back before I wasn't wholly here. Lemme look over everything and see if I can come up with ANYTHING that would fit story world as is...

I miss writing with you...
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

BlackStone

Wolfling72

Thinking Envoy as it is something I know about...still studying races and the like for the time listed.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

TheVillain

Quote from: Beorning on October 29, 2021, 10:38:36 AM
Hello!

Soooo... can I join..?

I don’t speak for the GM, but I’d give pretty good odds. What did you have in mind for a character?
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

BlackStone

Sure, needed roles are on the front page.  Diplomatic envoy is in the works by Wolfing but the other two are free and clear, as are other junior officer positions.

TheVillain

Quote from: Beorning on October 30, 2021, 07:13:01 AM
What junior officers would you guys need? Please advise :)

I think we could make just about anything work. Of special note, our CMO is leaving if you want a quick promotion. :P
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

BlackStone

Wolfling72

T'sarel

Character Personnel File
Player ID: Wolfi
Name: T'sarel
Race: Vulcan

Star Fleet Service Record
Position: Envoy
Branch of Service: Starfleet Diplomatic Corp
Major: Diplomacy and Political Science (Command)

Character Appearance
Height: 5'6" / 167.6 cm
Weight: 120 Lbs / 54.43 kg
Hair Color: Darkest Auburn
Eye Color: Honey Brown
Build: Compactly muscled and lean
Distinguishing marks: Missing pinky on the left hand

Character Description:

T'sarel has flawless almond-shaded skin and long wavy hair that she chooses to keep up and out of her face when on duty. She is built much like a gymnast and moves with all of the grace of a prima ballerina. Her voice is soft, lyrical, and wholly at odds with the sharp slope of her eyebrows and the usual blankness of her expression. She speaks concisely and allows no room for misinterpretation.

Personality:

Logical to the point of coldness in most interactions, T'sarel very rarely loses sight of the task at hand. She is focused on making things as easy as possible for the disparate people she deals with in her job and journey. She does not have a sense of humor by most standards, and anyone would rarely mistake her for happy, even if she is. Laughter is a rarity, and though most people who come into contact with her understand that she is highly analytical, it does make her an odd fit for the Diplomatic Corps. She does not allow that to dissuade her from her sworn duty.

Other Info: The first Assignment?

Some things only make sense when you know the whole story. How did a relatively unknown and untried junior attache end up stationed at the embassy on Andor? Rank and file would not do for such a contentious assignment, but she was tapped to go. There was much to learn, tempers to ease, calls to be made when the Ambassador was filled to the brim with the vitriolic quips and asides of the populace (which happened almost daily)

She must have left a good impression, though, as no complaints were registered in her name upon her departure.

What about the scientific attache positions?

There were two separate runs, as I am sure you know. The first put T'sarel into contact with the life form known as Rainchild, an anomaly but interesting. The testing and such created a viable bridge for those in the scientific community to share knowledge and theories. Quite a few of Starfleet's command earned more than a bit of cache with that simple "meet and greet" and are still learning about comparable life forms - even now. However, the second attachment was a trifle "difficult."

She was tasked to join the Nightingale on one of its duty tours. You heard what happened? The battle of Wolf 359. Ships disintegrated, thousands dead. There had been so much destruction that ended before a real chance to engage had been granted. How can one fight oneself? It was reported that she acquitted herself well, jumping in to triage survivors and running diagnostic equipment. Her attention to duty and detail save a fair few lives.

The previous assignment?

Well, officially, T'sarel was brought on as a cultural attache for the Vulcan Embassy on Bajor, BUT she did a bit more than that. You recall what that mess was, right? Bajorans were dying in droves, large swathes of land were plundered. There had been multiple reports but no actual proof, no reason to involve the Fleet. It would have caused too much trouble. So, it was whispered that she was responsible for helping to gather proof. Pictures. Recordings. Lists of who and where and why.

There are also tales of her providing weaponry to the guerilla warriors, teaching them tactics in secret. However, no one has proof of that, and honestly, it doesn't seem logical, and isn't cold logic a Vulcan thing? Regardless, she had quite a bit to do with the Cardassian withdrawal, or at least that's what I've heard. Anyway, there has to be some truth to the stories, right?

Why else would she be the face for our diplomats now?

And...DONE!
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

BlackStone

LOL I can help

For rank it would be Envoy, whose equivalent rank in Starfleet would be Lieutenant Commander

Branch of Service is Starfleet Diplomatic Corps, they are civilian branch of Starfleet whose primary mission is diplomacy.  They are often present for official first contact missions and other diplomatic missions for Starfleet and the Federation.

Major would be Command as in the game system used the key talents for Diplomacy are there, but for rp purposes it would be Diplomacy and Political Science.

She should be newly raised to her rank from Attaché so her assignment to the Resolute is the first ship in the role.  As for past assignments here is what I would I would build your background behind.

Vulcan cultural attaché for the Vulcan embassy on Andor.  It would be considered one of their more challenging starting career assignments due to the Andorans long regarded distrust of Vulcans (and gives you rp hooks with the First Officer). 

The next two assignments we can be as scientific attaché first for Vulcan to Starfleet medical.  One of the cases you were involved in would have been was with Laeli Rainchild as the only registered member of her species and her evaluation for fitness to attend Starfleet Academy giving you the connection to Rainchild. 

The second such assignment would be serving on board the Nightingale during one of her tours of duty.  Your character would have been at Wolf 359, serving as an additional helping hand to one of the many medical teams as your presence would have allowed them to be freed up for medical treatments as your character could have operated diagnostic equipment.  This also allows you plot hook connections, again with the Command Bosun, Bass, and the Captain, as both are survivors of the battle.

The fourth major assignment would have your characters as being officially on the books as cultural attaché for the Vulcan embassy on Bajor to the Cardassian government, but in reality it would have been as intelligence attaché to both Vulcan and Starfleet Intelligence, investigating the Cardassian atrocities against the Bajoran people.  Again this serves as another plot hook, this one with our very own chief of security.

I would flower it up with your own words, but I think the above, as well as your making your character a "big damned hero" in her four assignments above, which earned her promotion and being the Diplomatic Corps face in the Maelstrom sector in an effort to head off at the pass another Kessok incident.  The Kessok were a race in the computer game Star Trek Bridge Commander.  They were manipulated and lied to by the Cardassian True Way, and had their technology perverted into weapons of mass destruction which lead to the death of two star systems.   The theory is now by having the Diplomatic Corps on board one of their front line exploration ships they can be there for first contact with other races and prevent other galactic power from using alien life native to the sector in such a wrong way.

BlackStone

Quote from: Beorning on October 30, 2021, 07:13:01 AM
What junior officers would you guys need? Please advise :)

Also since I do not know how it slipped my mind till I was writing up my latest post, we could use Chief Science Officer too

Wolfling72

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

TheVillain

For the Lyla James!

Character Personnel Pile
Player ID: TheVillain
Name: Jacob "Captain Jack" Reno
Race: Human

Position: Flight Control
Branch of Service: Command
Major: Navigation

Character Appearance
Height: 185 cm
Weight: 75 Kg
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Blue
Build: Moderate Excercise
Distinguishing marks: It's less about anything specific and more how he carries himself. Like he knows a few tricks you don't, and he's got a plan.

Character Description:

Looks like he should be a little old for this and he knows it, as he's at least a decade older then the average Academy Graduate. 6'1" with short black hair, he's not exactly muscle bound but he clearly knows how to handle himself with a twinkle if mischief in his eyes.

Personality:
Like he just accidentally stumbled into the uniform out of a poker game and hasn't found his way back yet. He's used to running his own ship his own way, even if it was just a little independent cargo freighter, usually with robotic drones instead of an actual crew. He does however have more space experience then most Captains and by all accounts is a damn fine Pilot. Kept his nickname from his private ship days out of Respect and while he comes off as selfish at times there are others where he has principles he's willing to die for. He often seems to be angling for a promotion, but mostly because he just wants his own quarters for example.

Other Info:
Partial Transcipt of the Trial of Jacob Reno, Captain of the "Jack of Hearts" private cargo ship.
Possession of an Illegal Cloacking Device

"All Rise. And be Seated. Continuing with Proceedings of a Mr. Jacob Reno. Human. Charged with multiple Violations the Federation Treaty of Algeron, of possessing and navigating a private Starship fitted with a Cloaking Device while in Federation Space. I understand Mr. Reno pleads Guilty and is throwing himself on the mercy of the court. At this point I'm just curious why you're representing him Captain zh'Sothi."

"A Matter of Honor, Your Honor. This Human may have broken the law, but not in a way that actually endangers the treaty and in doing so he saved my life. By the Code of Ushaan, I owe a debt that I intend to pay."

"Very well, you may proceed."

"Thank You. Your Honor, Beings of the Jury, and Witnesses before us today - this Human before you is known on our records as Jacob Reno but out in the Stars he is known by another name. 'Captain Jack'. It's only technically correct, he did command a small merchant and cargo vessel known as the Jack of Hearts. Usually it didn't even have a crew and all the work was done by robotic drones. This wasn't always the case.

Jacob Reno is the son of Captain Jewell Reno of the USS Matador which was destroyed by Romulans in a border skirmish when he was a young adolescent. There were other survivors, but Mr. Reno was unable to make it too a shuttle or an escape pod. Mr. Reno only survived by making it into an Extra Vehicular Activity Suit as the Matador was breaking apart. The suits do have small, very limited range distress signals and he was "rescued" obviously. By Ferengi Scavangers.
"

"The Jack of Hearts is *not* a combat ship. It's Shields are moderate for a ship its size at best, it's weapons systems even worse. What the Jack of Hearts does have in abundance though, is Industral-Grade Transporters and a Pilot at the Helm who knew his own ship so well it was practically an extension of his own body.

Your Honor, the Jack of Hearts had no business being near Wolf-359 and was only nearby by sheer chance by his own admission. And We the Defense do not contest that Jacob Reno violated Federation Law with that Cloak but with it and some damn fine Piloting the Jack of Hearts was able to get close enough to use her Industrial Transporters. The Average Humanoid will survive for about 30 seconds in the vacuum of space with no protection of they remember to not try to hold their breath. 30 Seconds. According to Starbase 157, the Jack of Hearts delivored 60 souls from the wreckages of our lost ships at Wolf-359 - including 7 that were in their 30 Seconds.

Since then I've done some asking around, checking of records and things like that. It turns out, 'Captain Jack' has his sensors very finely tuned to listen to distress calls. Usually not the big ones, usually the little ones - the single downed runabouts or the EVA suits separated from their ships or, when the Infinite Heavens decides to bend the rules for a fool just this one, those in their 30 seconds. Would you like to know how many Living Beings that's added up to over time?
"

What happens next, Judge T'sek doesn't show any surprise but Jacob 'Captain Jack' Reno sure as hell did. It's true, he did give a little promise to the Universe after the Matador. That nobody dies alone in the dark like he almost did. He doesn't think of himself as a good man, just someone who knows his way around a Nebulae, a Warp Coil, a Conn, and a Transporter Buffer. But in that Courtroom, people stood for Captain Jack. More then he thought would.

"Jacob Reno broke the Law, but we ask the Court to Rule for Justice, not the Law. We ask that you rule for Honor and the Principles of the Federation, not a mindless clinging to Absolute Law and -"

"That's enough, Captain. Frankly, I think you've overdone it - but you made your point. Mr. Reno - I've also been in your file and I'm seeing the skills you've picked up over the years. While I greatly doubt that what you usually did with that Cloaking Device was so benevolent as what you did at Wolf-359, the usual sentence of 10 to 15 years on a Maximum Security Penal Colony does seem - inappropriate. Therefore the sentence is 7 years, either to be served on New Zealand Minimum Security Penal Colony or in Starfleet. That's a 2 Year Program at Starfleet Technical Services Academy on Mars followed by one 5-year tour of duty. Either way, when your sentence is served the Jack of Hearts will be returned to you, minus the Cloaking Device. Is this an acceptable arrangement, Mr. Reno?"

And with that, 'Captain Jack' just smiles.

Muse

Summited for your approval: 

Character Personnel Pile
Player ID: Tenshi the Muse of Fire
Name: Aurin Malko Tigan
Gender: Malko is Male.  Aurin is enjoying that experience. 
Race: Joined Trill

Position: First Officer 
Major: Command

Character Appearance
Height: 6'9”
Weight: 313lbs
Hair Color: Dark Chocolate
Eye Color: Milk Chocolate
Build: Kind of broad in the shoulder and narrow at the hip. 
Distinguishing marks: Malko is painfully handsome in a classically masculine fashion.  He's almost too perfect.  (Yes, the spots go all the way down.) 
Character Description:  Malko is tall and powerfully built with sculpted and corded muscles.  Broad shouldered and thick limned, muscle comes naturally too him.  His physical prowess, affable nature, and intelligence combine to make him a sought after military field commander.  With golden skin, dark chocolate hair, and milk chocolate eyes,  and dark chocolate spots, Malko is a pleasing study in earth tones.  Some find his perfection disconcerting, though. 
   Malko favors relaxed but conservative clothing off duty and on.  He doesn't usually flaunt his body.  His medals stay packed away for formal occasions.  He doesn't generally personalize his uniform.  He does like to keep his bat'leth on hand when danger looms. 

Personality: Malko has the serenity and confidence of a big dog.  He's well aware that there are things and people in the galaxy that could hurt him—and plenty more that could do so if he got stupid and let them—Malko's physical prowess just makes it easy to be laid back.  There's not a lot he's afraid of. 
   Malko wasted the emotional quality of his teenage years on resentment and anger.  That's not worth it anymore.  Combined with Aurin's many lifetimes of experience Malko doesn't see much need to sweat the small stuff. 
   Both components of Aurin Malko are passionate and romantic xenopheliacs.  While this leads to putting a healthy quantity of exertion into romance, it also gives him an  inclination to celebrate diversity that stands out even in star fleet. 
   Malko is frustrated when he fails to understand a person's perspective.  It doesn't happen very often and it needles his confidence in a capability he really values. 
   Though not easily riled, Malko's fury when an innocent suffers, when a friend is victimized, or when following the Prime Directive leads to tragedy can be terrible to behold. 

Other Info: Not so long ago there was an angry young man named Malko Tigan.  His mother lived and breathed to see him earn what she had not, joining with a Trill Symbiot.  When he finished a round of studies, she pushed him into athletics.  When he finished a round of athletics, she pushed an artistic class upon him.  When he slept she was there before he could wake on his own with more studies.  When he refused, she nagged, needled, cried, and prayed to the ancestors to forgive a failed mother. 

At the height of adolescent rage, Malko knew what he had to do.  His rebellion ceased and he threw himself into studies and training with all his heart, dreaming of the day when he would be offered a symbiot and decline. 

For all the strength he believed he had, on Malko’s twenty-first birthday, his convictions wavered and his act of defiance failed.  The next day, waking from a surgical haze, he slowly explored in his mind what it was to be Aurin Malko. 

He wasn’t weak anymore.  When his mother began regaling him with her plans for a rich and prosperous life in oceanic science, Malko calmly pressed send on the data pad and began to pack.  The plans went on, his mother not seeming to notice.  The big trill embraced her and kissed her gently on the forehead.  “I’m going to Star Fleet now, mother.  Don’t you think it’s time for you to find a ship of you own?" 

Four years later, Aurin Malko had completed the officer’s program at the Starfleet academy and his  mother was out at sea, studying alga, content with who she was for the first time in her life.

Malko is the fourth Aurin. 

Aurin is regarded as a bit of a Xenopheliac even by symbiot standards.  With it's first host, Chiss, she spent decades among Orions. 

With its second host, Sabian, she lived in the Klingon empire and died in a war with the Romulans.   (She was mortally wounded in battle.  After emergency beam off of an exploding Bird of Pray, Star Fleet Medical Officers were unable to save Sabian and almost lost Aurin.) 

Aurin's third host, Jedek, was a serene and intelligent astrophysicist who spent a lot of time alone on deep space observatories but had strong ties to the Vulcan science academy.  A musician, Aurin Jedek mastered the Vulcan lute. 

Aurin Malko is the first Aurin in star fleet.  He is friends with an old Klingon ambassador--Kael--who calls him, "Malko, son of Sabian."  His Orion acquaintances are mostly dead now, but he still appreciates many aspects of Orion culture. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

BlackStone

Quote from: Muse on November 20, 2021, 05:34:45 AM
Summited for your approval: 

Character Personnel Pile
Player ID: Tenshi the Muse of Fire
Name: Aurin Malko Tigan
Gender: Malko is Male.  Aurin is enjoying that experience. 
Race: Joined Trill

Position: First Officer 
Major: Command

Character Appearance
Height: 6'9”
Weight: 313lbs
Hair Color: Dark Chocolate
Eye Color: Milk Chocolate
Build: Kind of broad in the shoulder and narrow at the hip. 
Distinguishing marks: Malko is painfully handsome in a classically masculine fashion.  He's almost too perfect.  (Yes, the spots go all the way down.) 
Character Description:  Malko is tall and powerfully built with sculpted and corded muscles.  Broad shouldered and thick limned, muscle comes naturally too him.  His physical prowess, affable nature, and intelligence combine to make him a sought after military field commander.  With golden skin, dark chocolate hair, and milk chocolate eyes,  and dark chocolate spots, Malko is a pleasing study in earth tones.  Some find his perfection disconcerting, though. 
   Malko favors relaxed but conservative clothing off duty and on.  He doesn't usually flaunt his body.  His medals stay packed away for formal occasions.  He doesn't generally personalize his uniform.  He does like to keep his bat'leth on hand when danger looms. 

Personality: Malko has the serenity and confidence of a big dog.  He's well aware that there are things and people in the galaxy that could hurt him—and plenty more that could do so if he got stupid and let them—Malko's physical prowess just makes it easy to be laid back.  There's not a lot he's afraid of. 
   Malko wasted the emotional quality of his teenage years on resentment and anger.  That's not worth it anymore.  Combined with Aurin's many lifetimes of experience Malko doesn't see much need to sweat the small stuff. 
   Both components of Aurin Malko are passionate and romantic xenopheliacs.  While this leads to putting a healthy quantity of exertion into romance, it also gives him an  inclination to celebrate diversity that stands out even in star fleet. 
   Malko is frustrated when he fails to understand a person's perspective.  It doesn't happen very often and it needles his confidence in a capability he really values. 
   Though not easily riled, Malko's fury when an innocent suffers, when a friend is victimized, or when following the Prime Directive leads to tragedy can be terrible to behold. 

Other Info: Not so long ago there was an angry young man named Malko Tigan.  His mother lived and breathed to see him earn what she had not, joining with a Trill Symbiot.  When he finished a round of studies, she pushed him into athletics.  When he finished a round of athletics, she pushed an artistic class upon him.  When he slept she was there before he could wake on his own with more studies.  When he refused, she nagged, needled, cried, and prayed to the ancestors to forgive a failed mother. 

At the height of adolescent rage, Malko knew what he had to do.  His rebellion ceased and he threw himself into studies and training with all his heart, dreaming of the day when he would be offered a symbiot and decline. 

For all the strength he believed he had, on Malko’s twenty-first birthday, his convictions wavered and his act of defiance failed.  The next day, waking from a surgical haze, he slowly explored in his mind what it was to be Aurin Malko. 

He wasn’t weak anymore.  When his mother began regaling him with her plans for a rich and prosperous life in oceanic science, Malko calmly pressed send on the data pad and began to pack.  The plans went on, his mother not seeming to notice.  The big trill embraced her and kissed her gently on the forehead.  “I’m going to Star Fleet now, mother.  Don’t you think it’s time for you to find a ship of you own?" 

Four years later, Aurin Malko had completed the officer’s program at the Starfleet academy and his  mother was out at sea, studying alga, content with who she was for the first time in her life.

Malko is the fourth Aurin. 

Aurin is regarded as a bit of a Xenopheliac even by symbiot standards.  With it's first host, Chiss, she spent decades among Orions. 

With its second host, Sabian, she lived in the Klingon empire and died in a war with the Romulans.   (She was mortally wounded in battle.  After emergency beam off of an exploding Bird of Pray, Star Fleet Medical Officers were unable to save Sabian and almost lost Aurin.) 

Aurin's third host, Jedek, was a serene and intelligent astrophysicist who spent a lot of time alone on deep space observatories but had strong ties to the Vulcan science academy.  A musician, Aurin Jedek mastered the Vulcan lute. 

Aurin Malko is the first Aurin in star fleet.  He is friends with an old Klingon ambassador--Kael--who calls him, "Malko, son of Sabian."  His Orion acquaintances are mostly dead now, but he still appreciates many aspects of Orion culture.

BlackStone

Looking for new blood to help move the story along.  It would not take too much for people to catch up on.   Here are the roles which would have impact on the current and future plots.

Roles Wanted for Resolute
Deputy Chief Medical Officer who will become Chief Medical Officer once the current act is done
Chief Engineer

Roles Wanted for Lyla James
Operations Officer
Chief Medical Officer
Tactical Officer

We do have a Discord server for OOC as well as game mechanics discussions/rolls so players know the outcomes so they can post successes or failures.  Any questions please let me know.

BlackStone

Monthly bump here.  Action is heating up on the Bridge of the Resolute as well as on the Alien Ship, and for the Lyla James crew, a bar fight with Harry Mudds descendent, Cyrus Felton.  Friendly easy going group of players more concerned with story than game mechanics.  We have a Star Trek Adventures friendly Discord server to make dice rolls easy as pie for even the basic newcomer.

BlackStone

Monthly bump.  It would not take too much for people to catch up on, and the Lyla James just started Act 1 and no time like now to get in on what should be fun.   I also have need of a Deputy Chief Medical Officer for some immediate roleplay and t get right in on the action.
Below are the roles which would have impact on the current and future plots.

Roles Wanted for Resolute
Chief Engineer

Roles Wanted for Lyla James
Operations Officer
Chief Medical Officer
Tactical Officer

We do have a Discord server for OOC as well as game mechanics discussions/rolls so players know the outcomes of their actions so they can write into their response post if they were "Big Damn Hero!" or not.  Any questions please let me know, we would love to have you a part of this game.