Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Started by Wolfy, November 29, 2011, 11:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pumpkin Seeds

Far more scary than Darth Typo over there.

Kazyth

Don't hate on Darth Typo.  I'm just warning you.  He might not sound scary at the moment, but all it takes is a little Force-involvement from him to have you assemble your blaster wrong, and then it's goodbye fingers!
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Kazyth

Well, fair enough, but you'd better claim that fast!  I'm pretty certain all the creative Darth's are going to be used up, and then things will really, really start to get silly.

Pumpkin Seeds

I know...I'm already having to be creative with the names...:: cries:: BoobieFett was taken.

Kazyth

Hmmm.  I'll have to check and see if Fleshlightsaber is taken or not.

Pumpkin Seeds

Kazyth

It might be.  But then again, sadly, so is Flesh Gordon, so what can you do?

Kazyth

*snrks*  Like I said, could be another day or two before I get the key and all that.  When I do, I'll PM you, I promise.  Didn't realize it was such a lack-of-sausagefest.  >_>

Pumpkin Seeds

We ladies are all alone with only each other and our vibroswords to keep us company.

Reaper

My...Seems I might have to make a character on Lord Adraas Server myself. Been running on The Ebon Hawk since I got the game a month ago.
My question to you is this, when Death puts away his wicked scythe. When he removes that shrouded, ghastly cloak. When he lays himself down to rest, as all must do from time to time. Where is it that he leaves himself? Does that grim Reaper of lives lay himself on a bed of nails? Does he rest his head and know of dreams? Does he know the warmth of another's touch...Or is he left to be alone, a recluse from the world, unforgivable, unloved; because he must come to us all one day?

Aiden

I am seriously missing my smuggler and Sith Warrior  :-(

Pumpkin Seeds

Chris Brady

My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Moraline

What's the name of the guild you are all forming on Lord Adraas? I play over there. 

BTW if your interested you can create your own chat channels as well over in SWTOR. Darknest has one

/cjoin darknest

EDIT:
Oh I see someone has created a " /cjoin eli " for E.  (remember to check and make sure it's still active on every log in)

If I read it write, you are trying to create an Empire guild? I have someone to put in that.

Kazyth

Ok, just as a little note, if you want to get TOR and you want to download it from Origin, the link place from the Website?  DON'T.  Don't even bother right now.  My friend finally shot me the Keycode, which was purchased through Origin days ago, but now the Origin program won't let you access the store or any keycodes to download things, espeically TOR.  Customer service has been no help to anyone, and the forums there are chocked full of angry people who can't get what they paid for.  Admittedly, mine was free but SOMEONE paid for it, someone I know, and I hate to see people's money pretty much just taken and held with only a "We're sorry, but we're not going to give you any information as to why, we're not going to process refunds, we're not going to be any help what so every... but you can live chat with us in whatever company overseas won the CS contract!"  I'm not hating on India/Costa Rican callcenters and such, but when the person you are trying to explain your issue too types horribly broken English other than obvious copypastes from a manual, it makes things just that much more frustrating.

Callie Del Noire

I've been busy.. so imagine my suprise when I got back on and found everyone gone in the guild in Kath Hound. :(

Moraline

Quote from: Kazyth on January 30, 2012, 06:28:07 PM
Ok, just as a little note, if you want to get TOR and you want to download it from Origin, the link place from the Website?  DON'T.  Don't even bother right now.  My friend finally shot me the Keycode, which was purchased through Origin days ago, but now the Origin program won't let you access the store or any keycodes to download things, espeically TOR.  Customer service has been no help to anyone, and the forums there are chocked full of angry people who can't get what they paid for.  Admittedly, mine was free but SOMEONE paid for it, someone I know, and I hate to see people's money pretty much just taken and held with only a "We're sorry, but we're not going to give you any information as to why, we're not going to process refunds, we're not going to be any help what so every... but you can live chat with us in whatever company overseas won the CS contract!"  I'm not hating on India/Costa Rican callcenters and such, but when the person you are trying to explain your issue too types horribly broken English other than obvious copypastes from a manual, it makes things just that much more frustrating.

I guess I was lucky, back at the begining of Jan. I had an issue (had to do with a security key.) I called in and got an EA rep for Origin in Texas. Both the man and the woman (supervisor) were really nice to me.

Turns out though that the credit guys in EA flagged my credit card! (a pre-paid card no less!)  They refunded my money back to the card the day after I had purchased the game but here I was 2 weeks later and still playing the game.  So to this day I'm playing the game and haven't paid a thing for it.. HAHA

EA/Origin is one messed up software distributor. I dread them getting their hands on my other games I want to play. (Like The Secret World - http://www.thesecretworld.com/ )

Anyways, lots of players over on Lord Adraas Server (RP-PvE)

The big hang out place is on the planet/moon Nar Shaddaa  (Lower Promenade, bottom left corner of map - Slippery Slopes Cantina. -- Instance 1 --)

Callie Del Noire

Kazyth

Quote from: Moraline on January 31, 2012, 09:28:19 AM
I guess I was lucky, back at the begining of Jan. I had an issue (had to do with a security key.) I called in and got an EA rep for Origin in Texas. Both the man and the woman (supervisor) were really nice to me.

Turns out though that the credit guys in EA flagged my credit card! (a pre-paid card no less!)  They refunded my money back to the card the day after I had purchased the game but here I was 2 weeks later and still playing the game.  So to this day I'm playing the game and haven't paid a thing for it.. HAHA

EA/Origin is one messed up software distributor. I dread them getting their hands on my other games I want to play. (Like The Secret World - http://www.thesecretworld.com/ )

Anyways, lots of players over on Lord Adraas Server (RP-PvE)

The big hang out place is on the planet/moon Nar Shaddaa  (Lower Promenade, bottom left corner of map - Slippery Slopes Cantina. -- Instance 1 --)

Nice!  Very well done.  I may have to give them a call, or have the friend give them a call if things don't pan out by tonight.  Some time in the evening yesterday they finally posted something about servers being down from 1/30 - 1/31, however their timeframe for the downtime was set to end at about 3am Pacific time... and that was over 4 hours ago.  So, we shall see.  I would really, really, really prefer not to have to go through customer service again, as thus far it has been utterly useless.  But we shall see.  When I do get on, Lord Adraas here I come!  Still have to decide if I want to be.  I keep leaning towards an Inquisitor, with the eventual goal of being a healer/sorcerer.  We'll see.

Silverfyre

Lord Adraas is so crowded at times too so a few of us are over on Rubat Crystal, Sith side as well. :)

Aiden

I'll probably sign up against after the Super Bowl.

Time to reroll to Andrass, heh.

What is everyone playing?

I am for sure remaking my smuggler gun slinger!

Sith side, I might go Juggy or Marauder, depending if people are playing tank classes.

Pumpkin Seeds

My Jedi Sage is going healing and doing alot of PvP.  My Bounty Hunter is a Powertech and so probably going to be tanky.

Kazyth

Eh, maybe I'll take my inquisitor DPS then, we'll see.  I definately want to play one, though.  If Origin ever gets in gear and gives up the goods.

Pumpkin Seeds

Well with Inquisitor you can go sorceror with DPS and Heals...which Sorceror is like the flavor of the month for PvP right now.  Mainly because they can bubble and do serious damage.  Then of course the Assassin does serious stealth damage and can tank as well.  So really you can go either way depending on your style of play there. 

Kazyth

Hrm.  Both sound like quite a bit of fun.  Ah well, I should play first and get a feel for what I like.  Usually I tank or heal, so I'll probably fall into one of those roles.