Child calls police after mom makes him clean up after himself.

Started by Wolfy, August 15, 2011, 10:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Golden Touch

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Angzyn

Quote from: Oniya on August 17, 2011, 09:34:55 PM
I'm not so sure it's completely impossible, if done the right way.  Mr. Oniya and I always treated the little Oni as a little person, not some strange creature that was outside of the rules of polite society.  We never talked down to her (no 'ickle widdle sweetums'), and if she asks a question, we try to answer in a way that she can understand (although explaining the catheter ad took some fast thinking!)  I still cringe when my roommate uses baby talk to her cat.  >_>

I have to agree with you Oni, me and my husband treat our little one like a little person as well.

Just because your a patient dose not mean you can't be someone your child has to be scared of -for lack of better wording on my part.- Its all about respect and I don't mean respect just being a child having to respect the parent but also the parent respecting the child but at the same time knowing when step in when need be. Being a parent to me is you have to be a teacher, meteor, lawmaker/enforce, caregiver and friend (and sometimes jailer). You have flexible when raising a child, there is no way around it. I mean a child is not going to respect you if your a pushover or your that person that is always screaming at them and then again you have to understand kids are going to do stupid shit and when it comes down to it its the parents that clean up the mess.

I mean there is not one person here I bet that has never done something that your patients wanting to kill you. Personally I have have a list full but mom was always there to set me on right path again....normally with a paddle in hand.
Adams and Eves
Cravings:
World of Warcraft
Thundercats (2011)
Legend of Zelda

Oniya

It might also help that I've watched some of those 'Funny 911 Calls' shows with the little Oni.  ;D

'Now, is it right to call the police for that?'

*gigglegiggle* 'No, Mommy, that's silly!'
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

LunarSage

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Xanatos

Quote from: Aiden on August 16, 2011, 10:12:25 AM
I'd backhand the little bastard.

Don't let the wrong person hear you say that... here in America, you can go to jail for stupid shit like that. Its called disciplining a child, but a parent isn't even allowed to spank, or even "touch" a child as a means of punishment. -sighs- The hell this country is falling into because of politics like that.

Regardless, I totally agree with the sentiment. Backhand of justice! (Baldur's Gate, Minsc reference for epic goodness).