Not sure if this is the right place for this but...

Started by ElizabethRayne, August 22, 2011, 10:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElizabethRayne

Why do people care about the person behind the character. Why does it matter if I am male or female? Why does it matter if I'm fat or thin? Tall or Short? Red head or a Brunette? Gay or straight?

I'm playing a character in the end that all that should matter.

I was browsing someones profile earlier and their profile meshed with mine very well. But as I moved down their list of likes and dislikes. I saw that they disliked Over Weight Partners.

So the thought struck me. Why does it matter if the person behind the character is one way or another if the character they are playing suites your style?

I know everyone in the world is not so open minded as me and perhaps that's why we have to give such information on here to join. But I suppose I find it silly. 

I suppose that's the end of my rant. If this is in the wrong place or it should be removed please do so.

-Elizabeth Rayne
Lizzy's Playlist

Looking for my On's and Off's?

Current Cravings

”I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.” – Pablo Neruda

Oniya

The term 'Partners' in the checklist O/O's doesn't refer to the person behind the keyboard.  It is a way to designate the other person's characters, where 'Characters' is used to designate one's own characters.  Hope this clears things up.  :-)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

ElizabethRayne

Quote from: Oniya on August 22, 2011, 10:32:59 PM
The term 'Partners' in the checklist O/O's doesn't refer to the person behind the keyboard.  It is a way to designate the other person's characters, where 'Characters' is used to designate one's own characters.  Hope this clears things up.  :-)

Oh well that clears it up then and makes my rant useless.

-Elizabeth Rayne
Lizzy's Playlist

Looking for my On's and Off's?

Current Cravings

”I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.” – Pablo Neruda

Silverfyre

It's hardly useless when it raises a valid point regarding OOC/IC boundaries and how some people can't see beyond the gender tag, or someone's sexuality.  Such topics are usually discussed in the "On Topic" section if you are interested in pursuing such a discussion.  :-)

Shjade

I have to admit, larger character-differs-from-typist discussion aside, the whole "characters" versus "partners" thing threw me for a while in setting up the preferences here. The distinction it's making is less than immediately apparent with that phrasing. Then again, when there are options for setting things like "Overweight partners," you sorta have to assume it means partner-characters since, well, I mean, unless you're trading pictures, how are you going to know your partner's typist's weight?
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.