News:

Main Menu

The Secret

Started by Sabby, August 20, 2011, 02:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

This may be a bit old, but I just found out about this silly little self help book. In short, it's a lot of semi-spiritual crap worded towards the weakest willed individuals which states the universe will simply bend over backwards to those who ask it hard enough. In other words, all those children in Africa lost their parents not because of Malaria of Aides, but because they didn't love them enough! Because if they did, the universe wouldn't have taken them away.

I did a quick Youtube search and found, much to my glee, that The Chasers War on Everything has already given this tripe a good lashing.

The Chaser's War on Everything - The Secret

Chaser - "The Secret" Apology

Oniya

James Ray, one of the guys behind this tripe, was found guilty earlier this summer of negligent homicide in the heat-related deaths of three people at one of his retreats.  Guess it didn't work for him either.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Sabby

They died of heat? Well, I guess they weren't asking for a cold Pepsi hard enough...

Oniya

It was worse than that - think of sitting in a hot car in the middle of summer with the windows rolled up.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Sabby

o.o now I'm interested... do you have a linky?

Oniya

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2079491,00.html

I watched the trial until the media decided to go all Casey Anthony.  He used a lot of techniques to really break these people down before the final sweatlodge, which has been criticized by many Native American groups as being completely twisted from a cleansing ceremony into an endurance trial.