The Restaurant

Started by Despaireaux, October 17, 2010, 01:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Despaireaux

The Restaurant

"Help me Jack.... Help me my son...." As Jack arose from his dead sleep, he found himself in a state of panic. Rushing out of bed and around his single bed and bath apartment.Though he did not know what he was expecting to find, he had a bad feeling. Jack was an average guy, he stood at 5' 10" with dark brown hair and auburn eyes he was much to look at but not ugly. He was an orphaned child, he never knew who his parents were. All he knew is that he hated them with a passion.

He was found in a restaurant by the sweetest little waitress in the whole town of Littletonville (or so she called herself) named Beth. She had been approached by a young man and his young misses on quite the busy day. Her diner was swinging that day, the jukebox was a roaring and a bunch of her classmates were a dancing and a grooving. As they should have been after all their school had just won the state championship of football. When the young man just a little older than herself came in she thought nothing of it. The young man asked her for a table for he and his family and she just pointed to a table in the back being busy with all her friends in her workplace just having fun.

The young man took his lovely bride and young infant child to the booth and sat down. A few moments later Beth's boss told her to get her rowdy young gun friends out of his place and start helping customers. When Beth finally got the last of her friends to go she remembered about the young man and walked over to the table but found no one there save an innocent infant baby wrapped in a blanket laying on a makeshift basket.  Beth was frantic! She didn't know what to do, she yelled to her boss to come and see but he had already left for the day. So the only thing she knew to do was to call the police and hopefully they could help find his parents.

When the police arrived they asked her the pretty obvious questions; What did the father of the child look like? What was his name? But unfortunately she could only tell them she didn't know. She knew nothing about the young man because she had been too busy playing with her friends to take notice of any customers she had. All she knew was the blanket the baby was wrapped in was detailed with the name Jack.

When the cops could not find the parents or any information on the child they turned the case over to social services ( The true S.S.) Social services at the time wasn't a very developed system, they mainly only took children from parents that were unfit and placed them with orphanages to get them off their hands. Unfortunately for Jack the orphanages of his time only cared about getting the children out of their care. The system wasn't perfect, as Jack learned as he grew up, by the age of 9 he had been in more than ten homes. However the one thing that never changed were his visits from Beth checking in on how he was doing and making sure he was treated right.

The truth was that Beth had never forgiven herself for letting her own worldly desires get in the way of a young baby's future. After Jack had turned 10 Beth decided that he should no longer be put at risk with random strangers but rather she would take him in. She cared for him like he was her own son. Jack could not have wished for a better mother.

Jack, fully grown, had finally calmed down from his paniced episode. Not knowing what was going on had frightened him to death. He could have sworn something was just wrong. Though Jack thought to himself he was just paranoid he just knew that someone somewhere needed him. He ran to his bedroom and threw on clothes as fast as he could and ran out the door with a whoosh. Jack just couldn't shake the feeling as he jumped into his handed down pick up truck and peeled out of his apartment parking lot in the near dead of night. The night air was so dreary and so cold, he felt as though he soul was just shot with a piercing bullet straight through the center.

He just had to go to his mother's house. He just had to go see the only true family he's ever had. As he pulled up to old Beth's house he could hear her cries from the inside of his heart. He burst through the door and ran to her bedroom only to find her on the floor lying there so cold and still. He dropped to his knees and begged for her to stay with him but it was too late she was already gone. Though her death took a toll on Jack, he knew... That her love for him was so great that she had called to him even in death just to have him with her one last time. But now she would be with him forever for he would never forget the women that saved his life.

A tale by Despaireaux

Sorry if it isn't as good as it could be, wrote it in about an hour with my free time. I hope that you, whoever reads it, find it to be at the least a bit moving.
Did you know life is a sexually transmitted disease with a 100% fatality rate?

fireflights

its pretty good for a quick draft des .... i liked it ;)

I have taken the oath of the Drake

Livin in MD now.

Not taking anymore one on ones but ones already discussed with the partners.

Despaireaux

I'm glad ya did, I'm still afraid to read it but I'm sure its just as good as my other stories. I've written allot of them over the years but deleted them all out of anger. Oh well they won't be missed =D
Did you know life is a sexually transmitted disease with a 100% fatality rate?

fireflights

i love to write too... you should check out my sample writing in here ... wrote it just from my mind as i was on here and bored haha

I have taken the oath of the Drake

Livin in MD now.

Not taking anymore one on ones but ones already discussed with the partners.