Cross dressers, Muskateers, and gay princes oh my!

Started by LtRipley, March 21, 2013, 12:17:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LtRipley

So I've had this idea floating around in my head for a while and I'd really love to give it a try. Let me explain:

A few months back I was doing research on female pirates, famous female pirate Mary Read, to be exact. To sum it up, Mary Read was raised to be a male so that her deceased father's family would cut off their financial support to her and her mother. Her mother raised her as Mark Read and she even joined the Royal Navy as a sailor, and eventually became a pirate and ran around with fellow female pirate Anne Bonny (who was pretty nuts) and Calico Jack (whom Captain Jack Sparrow is slightly based off of). During this time of research, I took a break one day to have a mini marathon of Three Muskateer Movies (Man in the Iron Mask, The Three Musketeers, The Muskateer, etc) and some head canon began to form about a cross dressing girl who was raised as a boy so that she could one day join the Muskateers. Upon being a nerd and doing some research, I found out a lot about the real Muskateers and a lot about King Louis XIV and his brother Philippe, who was very openly and flamboyantly gay (or bisexual, as he was known to sleep with women too, just preferred men).

And that's basically where the idea for the role play started. Let me lay it out for you:

The year is 1667 and the French have entered into war with the Spanish in the War of Devolution. Amele Dupont leaves his country manor home in southern France (an area called the Camargue), to go to Paris to join the Muskateers. This is what he has been raised for his entire life, to reclaim the honor his father squandered when he deserted the Muskateers. But Amele is not what he appears to be. He is in fact Antoinette, Amele's twin sister. Amele died at a young age from influenza, but their grandfather was so desperate to fix the mess his son had made that he lied and said Antoinette was the one who died, and raised his granddaughter as her brother.

Obviously, I'll be playing Antoinette/Amele, but I need other people to play:

Prince Philippe - Philippe fought in the War of Devolution on the front lines, in fact he was a cunning and brave military leader, known for leaping off his horse mid fight to stab people with his sword and dagger. I plan on Philippe coming onto Antoinette, thinking he is a boy, and finding out the hard way that he is actually a she. He doesn't reveal her secret and instead uses it to blackmail and manipulate Antoinette for his own amusement and pleasure. Philippe isn't really a bad guy, he's just a spoiled, selfish royal who really doesn't think much about using others.

Soldier Love Interest - a fellow Muskateer recruit and friends with Amele/Antoinette. I'm thinking they become very close and Antoinette starts to develop feeling for him (a first, since of course her sexuality has been heavily suppressed all of her life) and her friend begins to become attracted to her as well and is pretty confused about that because he doesn't think he's gay. Antoinette eventually reveals herself to him and they pretty much fall in love while Antoinette tries to keep it hidden from Philippe

Various other roles, mostly other soldiers (both enemy and ally), family members, etc. I can play some of these of course too.

Eventually, Soldier Boy will be killed. Sorry. But who ever plays him can play:

King Louis afterwards if they like. After the war, Antoinette/Amele remains in Paris as a member of the Royal Guard, which was exclusively for Muskateers (which is, in turn, only for those of noble birth). Philippe keeps her close while manipulating her and his brother to get them together to get back at him for Louis sleeping with his wife (yes, this actually happened, Louis's wife was a real bitch) by revealing the affair. That's about as far as I've gotten.

If you're interested, comment, or pm me! I'd really like some examples from you. No one liners!