Interest check - Late 50's, 60's suburban/office roleplay?

Started by Ptolemy, February 02, 2010, 10:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ptolemy

I'l try to keep this relatively short. If any of you have the AMC TV show Mad Men (I'm guessing most of you've already have, seeing as it's a rather excellent show). Basically, it's the late 50's and early 60's and it would take place in the US. Society back then was a lot different - genders weren't equal, men could comment on a women's looks with no negative reprocussions, sometimes even it was encouraged. Though, there were beatniks, and that crazy, jungle music they call Rock & Roll was rather popular with the young 'uns.  I would highly recommend reading up on those years, or just simply watch a show that's based around those times.

The scenes would be set in a suburban 'paradise', or in an large New York office, or even both. The size of the group will depend on how many people want to play. Of course, everything isn't set in stone, feedback and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Beatrice Black

I'd be very interested, if you don't mind me playing a woman.
ON and OFF - RP requests UPDATED JANUARY 2024 and also for chat

A blog, of sorts! - Icon from Morgana. I want to be her when I grow up.

And while you're clicking links, visit GreaterGood and donate to charity for free. :)

swiggy3000

I'm incredibly interested if you don't mind me playing a woman too lol

Ptolemy

Great! I don't mind anything. We are roleplaying after all, and if you want to play a more different role, it's completely fine by me.  Of course, I want to get a couple of more people. At least three to six more. Hopefully we'l get a few, but if not, we'l start anyway.

Is anybody up to the task?

Beatrice Black

Quote from: Ptolemy on February 03, 2010, 11:36:12 AM
Great! I don't mind anything. We are roleplaying after all, and if you want to play a more different role, it's completely fine by me. 

I'm glad to hear it, thank you.

Now, are we thinking office or home more? Mad Men follows Don between both, but for a female role either/or would be important. (Unless I played a part in each setting...)
ON and OFF - RP requests UPDATED JANUARY 2024 and also for chat

A blog, of sorts! - Icon from Morgana. I want to be her when I grow up.

And while you're clicking links, visit GreaterGood and donate to charity for free. :)

Ptolemy

Quote from: Beatrice Black on February 05, 2010, 06:43:21 AM
I'm glad to hear it, thank you.

Now, are we thinking office or home more? Mad Men follows Don between both, but for a female role either/or would be important. (Unless I played a part in each setting...)

Because of our small amount of people playing, I would think an office setting would be best.

We still need at least two more people, though.

Ptolemy

Still looking for people. It's going to be fun, trust me.