M.O.R.A.N.A :: A Hitmen/Mafia Type of Game [Seeking a Don, amongst others!]

Started by Faustus, December 28, 2012, 12:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kdyami

Ok here's what I've got, sorry it took so long.

Username: Kdyami
Player Preferences: None. Good character, gender irrelevant.
Full Name: Kyle Young
Codename and Nicknames: Doc, The Doctor, etc. Being ex-Para-Rescue it's a hold out from his previous line of work
Age and Birthdate: September 28, 32yo
Marital Status: Single
Alliance: Trinity Seeker "employee" Not necessarily totally buying into the goals and mission statement of this particular “Company”

Height: 6'3"
Weight: 220, Athletically built from years of constant training
Hair: Black when it grows in but usually kept as stubble at its longest
Eyes: brown
Distinguishing Features: Heart Tattoo of his lovers name over his heart, a lucky dice tattoo reminding him that fate is ficle on his left arm, just under his poker hand of four aces one for his four wounds, he also has the pararecue logo on his right arm.
Optional Image: Here

Free Fall: being a parachuter he loves the sensation of free falling. As such he remains current in anything that can give him a similar feeling be it bungee jumping, hang gliding, BASE jumping, even basic parkour and jumping off stuff.
Training: given his upbringing and history he has devoted his life to the art of war and as such keeps himself in top condition. He particularly buys into the philosophy that if he's doing it his enemy is doing it harder, faster, and longer.  Because of this he is almost constantly training to increase his personal bests
Target Practice: while not a combat orientated group as a PJ Kyle was well versed in a number of different weapons. Now being a trainer himself he tries to stay at least proficient with every weapon in the armory so as to help instruct anyone with questions on weapons that are not his personal favorites. As such he can be found shooting at least several hundred rounds a day.
Dangerous Women: Kyle drove fast cars before the Air Force, had a dangerous job with the Air Force, and currently, so now his tastes have moved to dangerous women. He's not sure that anything more than friendship will happen but that's enough for him. The regular average people he encounters these days just seem to bore him. 
Keeping Innocents Safe: this is the reason he became a PJ in the first place. Some people deserve to die because of this world’s perverse sense of justice, and some deserve to die because of some preconceived notion on the part of the one hiring the hit. But, still more people die that don't fall into either category; some are truly innocent people in the wrong place at the wrong time. Kyle will take any job to help those types of people. Be the job a hit or a search or a rescue or a whatever. If it involves protecting people Kyle would gladly do it "so others may live."

Dislikes:
Grandeur: Kyle dislikes gaudy shows of wealth.  Those things that are being money spent simply for the sake of spending money.
Ignorant People: Kyle can’t stand people who are ignorant.  That is people who profess knowledge in a subject or act as if proficient and are less so.  The main culprit for his wrath in this area being enemies and wannabes pointing weapons in his direction or threatening violence; followed quickly by recruits who were the big fish in their pond and haven’t adjusted to swimming in this new pond yet.
Unwarranted Violence: Violence is a part of life, especially if your business is war.  But simply striking out at a target for no reason or continuing to strike an opponent who is already “down”.  They go to the special hell in Kyle’s book with child molesters and people who talk in the theatre.
Anything that gets between him and training: Just don’t do it.  Kyle has specific requirements that recruits must exceed and they are grueling, but he demands much much more from himself.  People who deliberately interfere without a good reason better talk really fast.
Those responsible for his fiancés death: Pretty self evident given his history, scroll down. 

[/size]Weaknesses:
Emotionless: Anyone seeing as much as Kyle had would understandably shut themselves off from their emotions and bury them deep inside.  As such Kyle has a very difficult time finding his emotions, real emotions not reactions, and once he does they are so strong and he is so out of practice controlling them that they are most known to dictate his actions.  Primarily rage and anger these days, maybe some good emotions are left.  Kyle either doesn’t know, or doesn’t care.

Outspoken: Kyle is opinionated and he has never been shy about that.  He says what he thinks and does so bluntly and directly. If he disagrees with the Don it won’t be behind closed doors and privately telling him as much.  No, Kyle would say that he doesn’t agree when the event is occurring, board meeting, briefing, party, whatever.  Kyle was clear about that when he joined the Trinity Seekers and has been kept on because he is one of the best, and more importantly because he turns mediocre in to pretty darn good continuously.

Strengths:
Quick: Kyle’s mind and body are trained to be finally honed and battle hardened tough.  He acts quickly and decisively.  He thinks on his feet and is capable of making informed snap decisions at a moment’s notice and he reacts faster them most people think he should.
Military background: Kyle was born in the military and until joining the Trinity Seekers had never left.  As such he is proficient and knowledgable in a variety of subject. Be it training and leading, squad tactics, various weapons, medical equipment and procedures, the list goes on.

Fears: Kyle fears only one thing; failing his goal.  Be it losing a patient, killing an innocent by mistake, training someone else to kill and them using that knowledge to kill an innocent, Supporting a course of action that facilitates the killing of an innocent.  He has yet to cause an innocent death and managed to prevent a few but should he fail.  He doesn’t know how it will affect him.

Goals: Simple; Allow no innocent to be killed, accidentally or intentionally

Secrets: When Kyle was in the Air Force he had a long time lover who became pregnant.  Wanting to do the right thing and not really sure why he didn’t do it sooner he bought a ring and he proposed.  She accepted and while they were engaged a hit was placed on her and rather then tell Kyle she left with nothing but a note.  He searched high and low for her, communicated with loyalist and rebel alike but couldn’t find her.  Upon reading the obituary in the paper he set out on his goal.

Personality:
   Kyle was a 1st lieutenant in air forces para rescue division. Highly trained medics and combat infiltrators have but one motto "so others may live".  He spent his entire life training for that motto and he was a shining example of it with a Purple Heart with 3 clusters and a stack of commendations. By the time he left he had over a thousand jumps and subsequent saves.  He failed to re enlist following his fiancee's death. He did this at her request in her letter to him asking her not to come save her but to join the trinity seekers and prevent this type of hit from occurring on a large scale. Stop all of them not just one of them. 

Kyle a big teddy bear with an impressive set of armor.  He wants to be a normal guy in a normal world where governments are afraid of the citizens and average everyday people don’t go buy hits for losing poker games or bar fights or innocent things like that. He enjoys joking and referencing old literature and movies from his past to express sentiments he’s not as adept and putting words too.  He is insanely loyal to anyone he feels obligated or to friends.  However be warned that is not blind loyalty.  But he would be the battle of thermopile for anyone or thing he is loyal to.

History:
   Kyle was born in the Air Force.  His father was an A-10 Warthog pilot and his mother worked at the base hospital, both positions attached to Combat Search and Rescue, CSAR. From as far back as he can remember all the parties at the house, the parents of his friends, the people he associated with, his teachers spouses, even his doctors, everyone was involved or related to CSAR in some aspect of another.  Because of this Kyle made the decision that he wanted to be involved too and after talking to those around him he chose Pararescue Jumper or PJ as his desired career. 

After graduating high school at 16 Kyle received special permission to proceed to the Air Force academy and begin his studies.  He excelled in his classes, graduated with honors, then cam boot camp and officers training course.  This was followed by the PJ Pipeline; Indoctrination, Survival Rescue and Escape, Paramedic school, Beginner parachute, Advanced parachute, diving, mountaineering, etc. and three years later he has the coveted maroon beret of a PJ and he is proud as can be.

While serving his long term lover becomes pregnant.  Wanting to do the right thing and not really sure why he didn’t do it sooner he bought a ring and he proposed.  She accepted and while they were engaged a hit was placed on her and rather then tell Kyle she left with nothing but a note.  He searched high and low for her, communicated with loyalist and rebel alike but couldn’t find her.  Upon reading the obituary in the paper he lost it and headed to the middle of nowhere and he stayed there thinking and considering his options. He decided to end the string of dead innocents once and for all.

He sets out to join trinity seekers and thereby find his fiancée’s killer as well as anything about the one who sent them. Kyle was a 1st lieutenant, a highly trained medic and combat infiltrator with a Purple Heart with 3 clusters and a stack of commendations. He easily caught the attention of the right people and was accepted into the Trinity Seekers.  He worked his way up and early on it was clear he didn’t want to be the best he wanted to train the best.  As such he began moving towards training everything from hardened veterans to green beginners, he even implemented a program where even the “brains” had to learn to handle a few firearms and get a feel for it.  You never know when an attack on the headquarters could happen and from the few cordial communications he has with a few rebels he met while searching for his fiancée Kyle is led to believe that that isn’t a question of if but more a question of when.

Kyle still takes the odd job now and again.  He is also more than egger to accept missions that are less dangerous such as search and rescue, and things like that to cut the teeth of his recruits and expose them to real world situations.  Always armed and always aware Kyle is ready for anything that fate throws his way, or at least he’d like to think he’s ready.

Turn On's & Offs: see my rabbit hole
Are you alright with Non-Consensual Activities with your character? Sure pm me I'd be ok working something out
Are you alright with sexual activities beyond your character's stated sexuality? Good luck finding one, but sure.
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Faustus

He fledged out so much! Marvelous work, Kdyami! I really love the level of work and detail that you put into, and behind, Kyle! Of course he is completely Accepted and good to go! Just get him moved into our Accepted Characters section and feel free to post at your leisure!

“You may my glories and my state depose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.”

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

Kdyami

Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

CurvyKitten

drags kyle off to do naughty things to him~ hehe Hello again Kdyami glad to see you. :)

ArtemisHighmore

-glances around then quietly leaves his hat on an empty chair for now-

Faustus

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on January 08, 2013, 01:56:51 AM
-glances around then quietly leaves his hat on an empty chair for now-

/makes sure the reserved chair is tended to until his return.

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

Kdyami

Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 08, 2013, 01:52:00 AM
drags kyle off to do naughty things to him~ hehe Hello again Kdyami glad to see you. :)

Wont hear me complaining. would be nice in one of these games finally :p   

Good to see you around too :)

ArtemisHighmore

Faustus

ArtemisHighmore

Uh oh, busted. >.<

Good after... -checks watch-...yes... afternoon. Just wanted to possibly reserve a spot. Kicking around a few possible ideas at the moment though still unsure. I am sure you know how it goes.

Faustus

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on January 08, 2013, 02:48:40 PM
Uh oh, busted. >.<

Good after... -checks watch-...yes... afternoon. Just wanted to possibly reserve a spot. Kicking around a few possible ideas at the moment though still unsure. I am sure you know how it goes.

*laughs* Of course I know how things go! Trust me, I totally do.

Would you like me to mark something as possibly reserved for you while you think about it? Oh, and enjoy the drink - its on the house. ;)

ArtemisHighmore

I do appreciate the offer but my brain is going in so many directions that I wouldn't want to reserve and then not fill. What is needed to flesh out the current cast?

Faustus

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on January 08, 2013, 03:10:33 PM
I do appreciate the offer but my brain is going in so many directions that I wouldn't want to reserve and then not fill. What is needed to flesh out the current cast?

All roles are appreciated, but we currently only have one male Hitman and two Brains. Seeing as how we have three Hitmen and each is to be assigned their own Brain under normal circumstances, another Brain would be lovely. However, the two Brains could both double if we had another Hitman.

Barring that, as previously stated, all roles are very appreciated in this game. We have only just begun and many players have yet to make first posts, so if you chose to take up with us you wouldn't be behind!

Chreestafer

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on January 08, 2013, 03:10:33 PM

We need a don?
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Faustus

Quote from: Chreestafer on January 08, 2013, 08:01:34 PM
We need a don?

We do need one eventually, but the Don is not my top priority (though I would love to have one!).

Roaper

Hi there I would like to join and as of this time I am writing a Brain Trainee character. I will put the application up within a day or two.

ArtemisHighmore

My apologies for taking so long reply. I see you have a Brain trainee, still requiring a full on Brain then?

Another idea... the rebel Hitman intrigues me. A man who has seen 'the light' perhaps? -shrugs- Ideas...ideas...ideas...

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on January 09, 2013, 01:25:26 AM
My apologies for taking so long reply. I see you have a Brain trainee, still requiring a full on Brain then?

Another idea... the rebel Hitman intrigues me. A man who has seen 'the light' perhaps? -shrugs- Ideas...ideas...ideas...

Sounds like you have a lot of ideas! If you created a Brain character, how would you feel at the proposition that they used to be my female characters partner before she disappeared? It would be interesting and cause some tension in the story. (If you haven't read her bio, she's on the first page. On a job she was retaliated against and lost all her memory of being a high level Hitman. Obviously she would have had a partner, but I didn't even think about that for some reason xD) Let me know what you think.

Otherwise, It would be awesome to see a rebel Hitman (: I can't wait to see your character whichever you decide.

-xSRx

Faustus

Quote from: Roaper on January 09, 2013, 12:38:22 AM
Hi there I would like to join and as of this time I am writing a Brain Trainee character. I will put the application up within a day or two.
Lovely! Looks like my Alastair is going to have something to train, and my Bernard someone to treat like an intern. ;) I look forward to seeing your CS! Let me know if you need any help or have questions!

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on January 09, 2013, 01:25:26 AM

Oh, that would be a very, very interesting notion and would cause a lot of strife at the Trinity Seekers. I would be excited to see where you would roam with that idea!

ArtemisHighmore

Hmmm and now Snorkel presents a good idea. Damn you plot bunnies!!

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on January 09, 2013, 01:47:06 AM
Hmmm and now Snorkel presents a good idea. Damn you plot bunnies!!

Haha. I'm sure you'll find something you want to do in the end (: Take your time and as I said, it's up to you and I look forward to seeing your character.

-xSRx

ArtemisHighmore

Okay...so here is something...

I went back and did some reading and I am pulled to throw out this concept. I do like the idea of having there be a connection with xSRx's ex Hitman. So how about this: The character was her Brian, they were quite close, and he was obviously viewing her when things turned ugly. Obviously the Company had tossed out that she is gone but what if he disagrees. I might be way off base here but would it be feasible for a Brain, given their limited combat training, to turn Hitman in searching for her? Off the wall, sure but would love to hear feedback.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on January 09, 2013, 02:07:51 AM
Okay...so here is something...

I went back and did some reading and I am pulled to throw out this concept. I do like the idea of having there be a connection with xSRx's ex Hitman. So how about this: The character was her Brian, they were quite close, and he was obviously viewing her when things turned ugly. Obviously the Company had tossed out that she is gone but what if he disagrees. I might be way off base here but would it be feasible for a Brain, given their limited combat training, to turn Hitman in searching for her? Off the wall, sure but would love to hear feedback.

I like the idea very much! I'm glad you're interested too. I guess it's down to Faustus in the end though. It could also give Kdyami something to work with as he is the Hitman trainer and he was asking in the OOC thread about something for his character to be working on or something since there are no trainee Hitman as of yet. Hopefully he will see this too!

-xSRx

Kdyami

Kyle would be totally game for that, training and searching for her.  I'm definitely game.

ArtemisHighmore