Black Mesa Source! It's FREE!

Started by Chris Brady, September 14, 2012, 08:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Brady

As of today, the Half-Life (first game) remake is going to be officially released on Steam!

So anyone going to get it?

All you need to do is get the Source SDK 2007, which is also free!
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Callie Del Noire

Meh.. SDK is STILL not a mac download..

Chris Brady

You're on a Mac?  Sympathies.  Gaming can be a bitch on that platform.

No, I am not going to turn this into a Mac vs. PC debate, both have their strengths.  And sadly, gaming isn't it for the Mac.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chris Brady on September 14, 2012, 12:39:00 PM
You're on a Mac?  Sympathies.  Gaming can be a bitch on that platform.

No, I am not going to turn this into a Mac vs. PC debate, both have their strengths.  And sadly, gaming isn't it for the Mac.

I run windows on it too, but till the fix the latest version of parallels it is sucking up another gig of ram. Gets annoying and is not the fault of either OS.

Chris Brady

Ouch.  But hey, it's been free for the past 5 years, and I don't see Valve changing that any time soon, so once you get it fixed, you can go and download it, for a trip down a prettified memory lane.

:-)

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chris Brady on September 14, 2012, 01:04:52 PM
Ouch.  But hey, it's been free for the past 5 years, and I don't see Valve changing that any time soon, so once you get it fixed, you can go and download it, for a trip down a prettified memory lane.

:-)

Just wish they would make it on the mac too. :D But I'm spoiled. I figure I need to start applying 'Callie's law of Operating Systems' to OS X as well as Windows.

IE.. NEVER buy a new OS till the first service pack and/or six months.