NotoriusBEN

Recruitment is CLOSED
But having a second string is helpful

This is the link to the IC thread
This is the OOC Thread
This is the Recruitment Thread

The Party
Isengrad...................Rolan d'Mendani..................Elf Seeker
WyzardWhately........Damien................................Human Paladin/Warlock
The Alchemist...........Kairon.................................Tiefling Artificer
Ironwolf85................Sul Cypher...Orokos sheet....Warforged Rouge :P
Kunoichi....................Lu Lushe.............................Goliath Warlord
Ixy............................Bryn..................................Human Paladin
Chloe Milev...............Riya....................................Deva Psion

The Bench:
Tagan
The Laughing Hyena

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Halaster Blackcloak, Zuggtmoy, Strahd von Zarovich.

Few villains have had a legacy more enduring or daunting than that of Acererak, the Demilich.
With his twisted lairs of brain numbing logic puzzles and withering trials of endurance he's tried and
found many heroes over the ages wanting. Many have challenged him, few have ever thwarted his half-mad schemes. Even when Acererak was scattered on the winds of the aether, through sheer will, he returns...

He is no longer satiated with his previous machinations, save his ever-lasting lust for more power... and possibly women.

Go forth heroes, it is once again time to brave the Mad Lich's Lair and twart his evil plans.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the title announces, this is the new 4e Module that pays homage to the Original Dungeon and 3.5's Return to the Tomb.  As far as sexual horrors go... seductive succubi, animate bondage gear and furniture, tentacle creatures, forceful beastmen, etc. Standard anime fantasy tropes. Your characters are more likely to have their minds consumed by lust than death, but it would be wrong of me to say it wasnt possible. Death and sex -will be- separated.

Unlike many modules to date, this one is meant push PC's to their limits and survival is most assuredly -NOT- guaranteed. To pay homage to the intensity of previous journeys, I'll go ahead and put it on the table as well that I will play for keeps during this module. If it seems logical for enemies or animals to do something, they will. So bring your 'A' game. You'll be satisfied at victory all the more.

Setting
Most likely Eberron because people like that place, but the generic Points of Light works too.

Now then... Character Specifications...

--Create a Level 9 Character, Standard 22-point Buy system.

--Since there is the possibility of Skin-a-Max or Playboy channel tomfoolery, I'd like your heroes to be Near-human (ie: Dwarf, Eladrin, Elf, Half-Elf, Halfling, Human, Tiefling, Drow, etc.) Sorry, I find it hard to get in the writing mood for lady versions of robots, lizards, beasties, (even dwarves are pushing it a little  :-X ) etc.

--Classes: go ahead and choose your pick. If we end up with six strikers, we can run with six strikers, just expect healing and defense to be a bit low. Dont do Hybrids, though. They still seem convoluted.

--Equipment: Your character gets: One level 10 item, One level 9 item, One level 8 item, 3400 GP for additional gear, potions, rituals, etc. You may convert an item into its gold equivalent to purchase more lesser gear. No one is allowed level 11+ items.

--Feats: Go ahead and pick a *free* weapon/implement expertise feat.

--Upload your character sheet on 4e Orokos or Mythweavers and link them here

--Provide a small background for your hero, perferably in 1 or 2 paragraphs. You dont have to write four pages, just give us an idea about what he/she is all about. Being level 9 means that your character is close to becoming a Paragon of metahumanity. Your an quite possibly an established hero of the local countryside. Your not *quite* a kingdom shaker yet, though.

--A smexy picture that I can use to make tokens for the maps.

There is a 4th Ed. character builder (which is phenominal for calculating all your bonues and power boosts) available at this Wizard's Link but this only helps up to 3rd level. The problem becomes apparent when I require characters that are LEVEL 9. I will be more than willing to help players choose their feats and powers, if they do not have the full version of Character Builder.

There are a few players running around without a GM and I'd be happy to run them through the Tomb, however, I own the '4E' version and the editions dont translate too well. Personally, I prefer 4e and I have ready access to that edition, so I will leave it to them to decide to join in.

I also know that there is another couple of Tomb Runs here and there on E! but for the most part, those are 3.5 ed. modules.

I'll be happy to answer any questions, and question any answers :P
Here's to a great game!

NotoriusBEN

NotoriusBEN

WyzardWhately

How do you plan on running combat?  Will you use an actual posted grid-map, round-by-round actions, etc.?

I've done that before, and it's time-intensive.
Look!  I have an ons and offs list now!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13580.0
It's still really sketchy, though.
Here are my dice rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/player/WyzardWhately/

NotoriusBEN

yes, I will be doing round by round updates. It is a little labor intensive on my part, but it's something I enjoy doing.

Luckily, this module has fewer combat encounters compared to other 4e modules. If you fight a monster, more than likely you triggered a trap.

WyzardWhately

Alright, I'm provisionally pretty interested.  I'll bang around on the Character Builder for a bit, see what I come up with. 

I'd be pretty hesitant to join, though, if you really did end up with a party of six strikers.   ;D  From my own experience and what I've heard from other people, those groups tend not to turn out too well.
Look!  I have an ons and offs list now!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13580.0

NotoriusBEN

yep, I know.

It's up to the players to prevail this dungeon. I remember reading through a yellowed copy of the original Tomb of Horrors and it's just funny how so much of that place was arbitrary trap-and-die situations.

Luckily, 4e has just made the tombs... difficult. You have a chance, it's just not a good one.

edit**
I knew I forgot something.

Being level 9 means that your character is close to becoming a Paragon of metahumanity. Your an established hero of the local countryside. Your not *quite* a kingdom shaker yet though.

Ixy

Are you taking all comers (haha, comers), or are you accepting applications?  I realize that group size and writing style are very important in this kind of game.

Also, I'd like to get an idea of the posting frequency expected and description length you prefer?  1-2 sentences are okay for fast-paced action scenes, but I prefer a little character development if possible...

Good luck with this, and please consider me 'interested' :)

WyzardWhately

Quote from: Ixy on July 24, 2010, 04:25:45 PM
Are you taking all comers (haha, comers), or are you accepting applications?  I realize that group size and writing style are very important in this kind of game.

I agree with this, but from a different direction.  4E is heavily dependent upon teamwork, moreso than earlier editions of the game.  Playing with people who aren't going to display good sense and work together, especially when the campaign is already going to be on Hard Mode, is not an attractive prospect.

Also: I would like cute lady robots.   :-(

NotoriusBEN

we can expect something along the lines of what happens at an actual table top. for active 'party scenes' like exploring and combat, I'd think that a paragraph is more than sufficient. When there is down-time at extended rests or capture, I would see our posts getting longer.

as far as taking all comers... more than likely. system games, and 4e to boot are a bit of a niche around these forums, hehe.

If it was like Penny-Arcade where each new game gets 20+ submittals I'd do applications...

even if there isnt enough for a full-blown 'party' I can par away and adjust encounters and monsters much more easily in 4e than in other editions. If its 1 or 2 PC's and a GM, well that just means its more... intimate  >:)

Kunoichi

Being in a 3.5 game that's rather similar to this one, I'm finding myself compelled to join. >>;

Of course, as with that 4e Eberron game we're both in, I'm finding that I don't know what I want to play at first. ><;

Ah, speaking of Eberron, though, would I be able to take some of the feats, classes, and/or races from the Eberron Player's Guide?  I'm specifically thinking of taking a Dragonmark feat at the moment, but I might also, say, play an Artificer or be a Kalashtar...

WyzardWhately

I put together a human monk, just for the feel of it.

Strikers are the most likely class to be over-used, though, so I can build something else with relative ease. 

Kunoichi

I was thinking I'd be a Leader, myself. ^^; Still no luck narrowing down a specific class or race, though...

NotoriusBEN

Yep, you can choose Eberron feats and races, save the warforged race.

I just dont see a way to be intimate with warforged without it turning into this:

The Humping Robot

Kunoichi

Well, if you widen your definition of 'Warforged'...

Or this, if you still want to keep the 'War' in your Warforged. :P

WyzardWhately

Quote from: Kunoichi on July 24, 2010, 08:28:25 PM
I was thinking I'd be a Leader, myself. ^^; Still no luck narrowing down a specific class or race, though...

You can never go wrong with a cleric.  They are the Leader's Leader, if you can dig it. 

IMHO, the Warlord never really got enough love.  The class just isn't that well-designed.  I don't know too much about the Psionic leader, but the Bard is supposed to be pretty decent, especially in small parties. 

As for intimacy with Warforged: Just be willing to reskin them a bit...Alita?  The girl from Soleil?  I could probably come up with a ton of images, which is actually unusual for me...

Kunoichi

Quote from: WyzardWhately on July 24, 2010, 08:40:05 PM
IMHO, the Warlord never really got enough love.  The class just isn't that well-designed.  I don't know too much about the Psionic leader, but the Bard is supposed to be pretty decent, especially in small parties.

Actually, I've heard Warlord is pretty good in parties with Strength-based Strikers and Defenders.  It's less of a healing-based Leader, and more of an extra attack granter and attack roll booster.

I've been looking over the Spirit Shaman, as well, though I've heard that it can be a bit difficult to play...

WyzardWhately

Well, it might work along with my Monk, then.  He's probably going to do pretty decent damage from beating on people. 

Warforged?

Kunoichi

Quote from: WyzardWhately on July 24, 2010, 08:53:45 PM
Well, it might work along with my Monk, then.  He's probably going to do pretty decent damage from beating on people.

And the Warlord I would make would have an at-will that lets you make a melee basic attack and add my Intelligence modifier to the damage. ;D So, that would be a pretty good way to rack up the damage, then.

Now we just need a Barbarian and a Fighter... :P

Isengrad

Oh, A 4e rp. I would love to get in on this. If there is a space open Im tossing my hat into the ring.

original artwork by karabiner

Kunoichi

We've got a Monk thus far, Isengrad, but aside from that, nobody's turned in any characters.  Consider that hat tossed. ;)

Ixy

Having done very very little 4e combat, I'm probably going to keep it simple with a Defender, unless there's objection... I'm making a fighter and a paladin, without a specific attachment to either one. 

Yeesh... so much of 4e is like a complicated card game.  It's almost like one person should play every character in combat to ensure proper strategy and stat-stacking.  :/  Anyhow... please feel free to offer suggestions/corrections as we go on here.  I hope to be beneficial to the group, however necessary.

Isengrad

4e is very much like a strategy game with the powers offering different tactical advantages, a warlord for example has plenty of maneuvers that allow his comrades to attack or move either in place of him or with him, some of them at wills.

My advice is check this forum http://community.wizards.com/go/forum/view/75882/135802/4e_Character_Optimization

look it over and it shows you how to make the most of your character

original artwork by karabiner

Ironwolf85

hmmmm... could be interisting. I would like to try a warforged fighter or warlord, I've seen the warlord... they can be damn effective.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Kunoichi

I'm working on a Warlord at the moment, myself. ^^; Unfortunately, I don't have access to the character builder, just a handful of books, so...