News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Interest check-Anime (Rufren Mayata)

Started by Ramael, February 24, 2010, 05:11:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramael

Rufren Mayata

To those of you out there whom are anime lovers, are smart, and would like to create a world to play around in, read on.

I have to admit-there is a part of my brain that screams out for hot, well-coloured anime girls to play around with.

But I need plot and storylines too!

My pitch is to create an original universe that is a happy blend of the following-Samurai Champloo, Naruto, Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha and...Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I need the depth and character originality of Evangelion, but I need light and fluffiness too. I like the romance in Inuyasha, I love the style of Champloo, I like the ninja system in Naruto and I need the occasional bout of darkness wrought by Evangelion.

Those are my limiters-anybody who is interested creating a universe with me, let's go on from here!

A few more tags to throw at you so you know what I'm willing to play around with and what I wouldn't mind seeing in this universe/world/setting we create---fantasy, samurai, Neko, catgirls, demons, ninja...

I'd love to get a few anime geeks and great writers and see what we can come up with.

PROGRESSIVE EDIT:

Characters

Quote from: me

Name: Rufio
Race: Human
Appearance: Clad in a long, open-collared jacket. Messy, dark hair. Eyepatch.

History: Certain things are known about Rufio, and certain things aren't. One thing, is that Rufio is not his original name, but it is the moniker he has gone by for the past few years.
From a young age becoming fascinated with mysticism and mythology, Rufio indulged himself at various colleges and art universities, hopping between institutions and never settling down. He flitted from one group of friends to the next, from lycan teenagers, to elven intellectuals, to human artists.

Personality: Eccentric. Switching from likeable to brooding in a matter of seconds, Rufio has been known to go from charming to snarling and back in the space of one conversation. He is a creature of vice and can easily become obsessed over something.

Loves chilli chicken ramen.

Powers: Rufio dabbles in magic and summonings. He has been known to favour one particular female imp summon, although no one knows why for sure.

Alignment: Rufio tries to stay on good terms with all races-human, lycan, demon, elf, the lot. He has however previously been associated with the Brimstone Burger Cartel of demon smugglers.

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 25, 2010, 10:29:31 PM

Name Atanea
Race Amazon Half-Elf
Appearance Atanea is an elf to most appearances, but is dressed in the furs and other accoutrements customarily worn by the Amazon people.
Equipment Steel bracers, steel spear, both handed down in her family for generations.
History Once upon a time, a city of elves went to war with a tribe of amazonian women in the southern lands.  The war was long, and hard-fought, and brutal, and many died.  Yet, many were also captured as prisoners, and the amazonian women in particular kept strange customs which often required them to make use of captured prisoners for various services.  One such captured prisoner even fathered a child who was not slain at birth as the child of an enemy, a captured warrior who became the father of a half-elven girl named Atanea.

Raised in the ways of her mother's people, Atanea overcame great adversity to become a full warrior of the tribe.  And, though the war still rages on, she has now been sent forth into the world.  Now, inspired by the oldest customs of her people, the Amazon Queen has sent Atanea out in search of the ancient homeland of the amazon tribe, ostensibly so that their people might return there, but in truth because she is not expecting the young half-elf to actually find it.
Personality The two words that best describe Atanea, personality-wise, would be 'perky' and 'friendly', though her general lack of understanding about the modern world and the generally low opinion of men she has been taught to hold since early childhood can sometimes cause her to give off the opposite impression.
Powers As befits her dual heritage, Atanea has greatly increased strength, speed and agility, as well as survival skills honed by years of practical experience.  It should be noted, however, that her strength is less than half that of most full-blooded amazon women, something she has compensated for with greater than average speed.
Alignment Atanea feels a strong allegiance to both the ways of her people, (the Bloodflower Jungle Amazon Tribe,) and to the mission she has been given by her queen, and can be expected to do her best to stay true to both whenever possible.

Quote from: Vampricprincessty on March 01, 2010, 10:26:20 AM
Name: Mayu
Race: Half Demon
Appearance:
Her human appearance:
Equipment: A sword she inherited from her father.
History: She is the daughter of a great demon Lee Gong. Unforuately she never met him for he died soon after her birth. He had two kids. Meaning she has a older brother somewhere. She barely remembers him but she does remember one thing. He was vampire. Her father must have had some weird sex partners to make the two kids he did. Anyway, she searches for brother. Wondering why he left her the way he did. Nothing is going to stop her from finding him.
Personality: Aggrestive, Reckless, short temper
Powers: Claws: Her claws have a poison in them. Which she uses when fighting otherwise her claws are harmless.  Sword: The sword Tangasu has many abilties but she has not mastered any of them yet. Also on the nights of a full moon, she loses her demon powers. She is only a half demon after all so she hides out on these nights. Not wanting anyone to see her human side. Then, if some power is strong enough she loses herself. Becoming a full demon but not able to control herself. Thus going on a killing spree.
Alignment: Most would see her as evil for her demon side but she is not. All she wants at the moment is to find her brother.

Quote from: Pristine Katalyst on March 06, 2010, 01:11:51 PM

Basics

Name: Toren (Ren) Nakamura
Age: appears in his mid twenties... but is actually centuries old.
Sexual Preference: Bisexual with a preference for women. Males aren't ruled out, just not sought out as eagerly.
Relationship Status: Eternal bachelor

Appearance

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 160
Eyes: Red/brown with golden flecks (look amber sometimes)
Hair: blonde so bright it looks orange
Other: Well built, not stocky, just toned.

Personality

-drinking (can't eat, but can enjoy alcohol to a certain extent)
-blood
-cuteness
-horses (which strangely aren't bothered by him, however, predatory animals are.)
Dislikes:
-nags (of any sort)
-the color black
-his father
Strengths:
-heightened senses
-physical strength, speed, quicker healing
-common sense (knows how to survive)
-rakish charm
Weaknesses:
-direct sunlight
-silver weapons
-fire
-crying (male or female, doesn't matter. Just pleasepleaseplease don't cry.)
General Personality: Uncouth, somewhat intelligent, Toren tends to act first and ask questions later. He's a bright colors, rash decisions kind of guy, despite his many years of life, and tends to slip his way out of difficult situations with his extraordinary abilities.
Hopes/Dreams: Hopes to stay anonymous to his younger sister at all costs.
Fears: Mayu finding out what went down between father and son.

History

Family/friends: Just his sister. Many acquaintances, any friends have long since died, his mother, a succubus, as well.
General history: Toren was born a vampire, and grew up with the constant thirst for blood, therefore had it under control by the time he reached puberty. At twenty he stopped aging, and did a bit of traveling. In his travels, he found out something terrible and made a gargantuan mistake that led to his father's death, the details of which he holds close to his heart. Toren took up bounty hunting when he realized how good he would be at it. He exists in anonymity to keep his sister and the questions he knows she will ask at bay.

Quote from: DigitLninja on March 07, 2010, 10:46:42 AM
Appearance:

Name: Hiroshima (Hero) Mizuho

Race: Human

Equipment: Standard ninja equipment - one forehead protector with tortoise symbol on it, one file woven into headband, one Black Ops standard sword, standard pair of gloves with metal hand guards, standard kunai holster with ten kunai straped to his right leg, standard hip pouch with: two extra kunai, ten shuriken, two scrolls, roll of trap wire, five smoke bombs, five exploding tags, two radio headsets, various plant's and seeds, and two hand mirrors.

History: At the age of sixteen Hero was one of the nineteen students of the ninja school that ended up being held back due to falling the final test, and while nine of his friends where going on missions and risking there lives he was re-studying everything he needed to be a ninja for another two years before finally achieving Genin status and earning his headband. Not once did Hero conciser giving up on becoming a ninja as his motivation was the death of his older brother by his own hands, or so he believed. Hero specialized in plant based Jutsu, using seeds and flowers as weapons proved to be a very effective weapon and surveillance tool. Hero was selected to become an Black Op after only two years of missions, but he decided to declined the offer until he reaches Chunin status.
Due to some recent discoveries Hero has been led to believe that his brother's death may have been a murder attempt with himself as the murderer under a Gen Jutsu.

Personality: Hero has always been a very cheerful and helpful person, offering flowers to his close friends and creating beautiful bouquets for his family's Flower Shop where he works between missions. His depression over the death of his brother only motivates him to keep moving forward and put as many smiles on the people around him as he can.

Powers: Various Jutsu usually involving plants, as well as ninja agility and energy control.

Alignment: As his name would imply he is a hero.

Callie Del Noire

Ooooo..

Cowboy Bebop..sounds like LOTS of fun. :D

Kunoichi

Huh.  That kinda reminds me of the time I tried to create a fantasy-based Gundam roleplay...

Ramael

Poor result?

That reminds me-no robots. Lol.

Let's see, a world with its own setting and rules, allowing for many races, magic, humour, romance, action...I guess it's leaning towards a fantasy setting, but that doesn't mean basic appliances are redundant. If we take Naruto's rule of electricity but no guns, for example...

...other things to bounce around...harlequins, witches, witch hunters, magicians, circus performers, pop singers...

Kunoichi

*shrugs*

I was more just making a comment than any kind of suggestion. ^^; Obviously giant robots wouldn't fit for what you're trying to do at all.

Seeing as there are a lot of elements that seem like they might clash, though, perhaps a plot involving different worlds might work?  Or would that be a bit of a cop-out?

Ramael

Maybe...but I completely see your angle and had thought of something similar.

Now if we exchange "worlds" for "planes" we may be onto something...if we think of a kind of Limbo, a plane of existance that is only sparsely populated but is littered with seemingly random settings...amphitheatres and cafes, huge forests and drive-thru cinemas...this Limbo plane (working title) has been recently converged on by other sentient beings (amongst them the player characters) through rifts or similar. This Limbo is to be explored, but the players find out that there are already peoples living there, and depending on the player, not all friendly...

That was about as far as I got on the "planes/worlds converging" idea.

I've got another that simply exists in a mythology setting, low on explanation but richer in player freedom.

EDIT: I forgot another of my influences I'd like to be part of the mix-Spirited Away. The mix of fantastical creatures and strong characters is great and the entire feel of that film is something I'd be extremely interested in making part of this RP.

Kunoichi

Huh.  I wouldn't mind hearing about that second idea...

Ramael

Ok.

If you think the land of Oz, Alice in Wonderland, an entire deck of Tarot cards and a smattering of the brothers Grimm, you have the visual and aesthetic of my second idea.

The key lies in lack of explanation of the setting, and letting players colour the story with their motivations.

For example, maybe one character is a witch hunter on the trail of a witch he has been stalking for some time. He stops at a fairy market in the woods for supplies, and overhears talk (talk between an imp, and a group of masked youths) of a travelling circus group with a new performer whom sounds like she could be the witch he is hunting. Going to see the performance, he sees the "new girl" is not in fact the witch he is stalking but a beautiful young psychic, who wows the audience with her telekinetic powers.

Trying to find this girl backstage after the show, he is blocked by two hefty bodyguards, a chain-smoking minotaur and a giggling catgirl. The catgirl eventually persuades her partner to let the witch hunter have his mind read by the psychic, whilst the two bodyguards stand watch.

Just something I vomited out.

Do you see what I mean about the lack of boundaries? If players can write their own history, then with a bit of jiggling here and there, we can communitively create the full setting for our "world".

Kunoichi

Huh.  That definitely sounds interesting...

*finds herself imagining the possibilities already*

Ramael

Hurrah!

Another idea...two magicians, from rival schools of magic, engage each other in regular and friendly magic-based "duels" taking place across various settings, atop a huge white tower, in a secluded mountain resort, at a student festival, etc. The two are quite famous and acquire interesting sidekicks with their own abilities over time. One of these sidekicks summons a hungry Jinn for a duel...only to find out, halfway through the magician's battle, that the Jinn is on a demonic Wanted List, and suddenly elite demonic policemen appear on the scene. Chaos ensues, with both magicians' teams classed as hostiles along with the baffled Jinn, who only agreed to be summoned in the first place if he was fed his favourite brand of dumplings, and promptly flees the messy battle in pursuit of them...

Now say that the sidekick who summoned the Jinn was the witch who was being hunted in the first story.

Another one...say a rogue succubus happens to find comfort and solace in the companionship of an attractive homosexual ninja assassin, whom also happens to be a supermodel, and whose chiselled features are seen on the front of magazines and billboards. The two have a happy friendship, the famous ninja giving the vein and flirty succubus camera time and her own photoshoots in return for added protection being as the whole world knows the ninja's identity.
Enter a glamorous pop diva who is a celebrity in her own right, and who used to be on the same modelling agency as the ninja. She hires (read:seduces) a motley crew of unlikelys(harlequins, catboys, wizards) into kidnapping the succubus and using her to blackmail the ninja into retirement, and also because she has the hots for our ninja, and believes that she is "the right woman" that he "needs" to find. Hilarity ensues.

A link here could be that one of the harlequins performed in the same circus show as the psychic in the first story, but was dropped due to the new arrivals talent. Jealous, he became a little darker and hopped from job to job, first becoming involved with a charismatic magician whom held an infamous rivalry with another...with these backdrops we have a rough world being built up here.

Kunoichi

Huh.  Now that definitely is an interesting approach to things...

DeviantMunster

Sounds like a whole bunch of crazy! But sounds interesting.

Ramael

Now all we need is people willing to contribute or to start throwing character ideas around...

Kunoichi

Well, I do have one character whom I'm sad I never really got the chance to play who could be perfect for this...

Basically, she's a half-elf from a tribe of amazonian women who were at war with a city of elves, and she's the daughter of a captured elven warrior, raised in the ways of her mother's people.  There are all sorts of reasons she could be out travelling around, and culture shock could lead to plenty of wacky and fun plot elements. ^^

Kaiten

I'll think about this. As long as I have a good amount of freedom to create a character of course. Any restrictions you could think of?  :-\

Ramael

Quote from: Kunoichi on February 25, 2010, 05:50:54 PM
Well, I do have one character whom I'm sad I never really got the chance to play who could be perfect for this...

Basically, she's a half-elf from a tribe of amazonian women who were at war with a city of elves, and she's the daughter of a captured elven warrior, raised in the ways of her mother's people.  There are all sorts of reasons she could be out travelling around, and culture shock could lead to plenty of wacky and fun plot elements. ^^

Great. So along with the settings in my first stories, there is a city of elves present in this world. *poofs*. What else can you tell us about this city, or about the amazonian tribe? Why were they at war?

I will put a limit after the first five players (after me) have written up histories, because by then we should have a large, diverse and interesting enough setting. Any more players are welcome, but the the world will be shaped by the first five.

Quote from: Kaiten on February 25, 2010, 06:58:22 PM
I'll think about this. As long as I have a good amount of freedom to create a character of course. Any restrictions you could think of?  :-\

Hi!
No gods (unless theyre humourously underpowered Gods, like a character from Gintama. That would be interesting.) No all powerfuls...you know the score. I would encourage a tiny dash of humour if you can work it in.

Other than that, you have all the freedom you want! As long as it's anime themed, of course.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Ramael on February 25, 2010, 07:09:29 PM
Great. So along with the settings in my first stories, there is a city of elves present in this world. *poofs*. What else can you tell us about this city, or about the amazonian tribe? Why were they at war?

Well, the actual roleplay the character is from never really got the chance to go into history or anything like that, (then again, even the plot was mostly a flimsy pretext for a little sex and violence, so it might not have ever gotten into history...) but I did wind up giving it some thought in my free time.  Basically, imagine that a Greek-style Amazon culture, located on an island, run by women, working mostly off of slave labor and so on, is suddenly transported by some massive act of magic or divine power into a heavily jungled terrain.

That's the general backstory for the tribe of amazons, and their modern day culture is a reflection of how their culture was shaped by the sudden change to this new environment.  Ancient columned structures overgrown by various colorful jungle plants, beasts of burden and hunting animals made frequent use of, ancient legends telling of their ancestral homeland and the terrible tragedy that took them from it, and so on...

The elves...  Well, I'm thinking that they're just elves. >>; Some walled city away from the jungle, out in the plains, and the first conflict between the two peoples would have occured when hunting parties from each side went after the same herd of plains bison, or elephants, or something...  Inherent prejudices on both sides probably kept any kind of peaceful relationships from forming after that. (Snooty elves see the amazonian women as savages, while the amazon tribe has no respect for any society led by men.)

Does that sound like something that could work?

Ramael

Sounds good? The only thing I'd suggest is that neither race would be too shocked by encountering low-tech things? Appliances of sorts may be used by other characters y'see. Though I can see the Amazonians being completely flustered by batteries or streetlights.

No probs though.

What can you tell us about your character now? Depending on what interest we get, I may write one up as well.

Kunoichi

Works for me.

Her name's Atanea, and the original version of her basically grew up dealing with all kinds of abuse from her dual heritage as a half-elf.  As a result, she was very shy, quiet and non-challenging, and always extremely glad for any friends she wound up making.  She'd probably have been a good fit for some kind of moe anime, actually, but as it is now, I'm thinking it might be fun to have her be more confident and assertive, as well as possibly throwing in a tribal custom about her having to marry the first man to defeat her in a fight...

Though, part of me thinks she'll be better as just her regular, shy self, as well. ^^; Basically, I'm undecided.

Ramael

I heartily heartily recommend that tribal custom, Kunoichi!

I think now would be a good time to use you as a guinea pig. I hope you don't mind.

Could you fill in a character template? Basic, very basic for now.

Name
Race
Appearance (feel free to zap up pics)
Equipment
History
Personality
Powers (if your character dabbles in magic or has a special ability. Optional, not necessary)
Alignment (this doesn't have to be good/evil/neutral, but can be to an organisation or clan. Will also give us an idea of how many races or tribes or teams or companies and so forth that operate in our world)

Kunoichi

Quote from: Ramael on February 25, 2010, 09:14:33 PM
I heartily heartily recommend that tribal custom, Kunoichi!

I think now would be a good time to use you as a guinea pig. I hope you don't mind.

Could you fill in a character template? Basic, very basic for now.

Alright then. ^^ Keep the custom I shall.

Name Atanea
Race Amazon Half-Elf
Appearance Atanea is an elf to most appearances, but is dressed in the furs and other accoutrements customarily worn by the Amazon people.
Equipment Steel bracers, steel spear, both handed down in her family for generations.
History Once upon a time, a city of elves went to war with a tribe of amazonian women in the southern lands.  The war was long, and hard-fought, and brutal, and many died.  Yet, many were also captured as prisoners, and the amazonian women in particular kept strange customs which often required them to make use of captured prisoners for various services.  One such captured prisoner even fathered a child who was not slain at birth as the child of an enemy, a captured warrior who became the father of a half-elven girl named Atanea.

Raised in the ways of her mother's people, Atanea overcame great adversity to become a full warrior of the tribe.  And, though the war still rages on, she has now been sent forth into the world.  Now, inspired by the oldest customs of her people, the Amazon Queen has sent Atanea out in search of the ancient homeland of the amazon tribe, ostensibly so that their people might return there, but in truth because she is not expecting the young half-elf to actually find it.
Personality The two words that best describe Atanea, personality-wise, would be 'perky' and 'friendly', though her general lack of understanding about the modern world and the generally low opinion of men she has been taught to hold since early childhood can sometimes cause her to give off the opposite impression.
Powers As befits her dual heritage, Atanea has greatly increased strength, speed and agility, as well as survival skills honed by years of practical experience.  It should be noted, however, that her strength is less than half that of most full-blooded amazon women, something she has compensated for with greater than average speed.
Alignment Atanea feels a strong allegiance to both the ways of her people, (the Bloodflower Jungle Amazon Tribe,) and to the mission she has been given by her queen, and can be expected to do her best to stay true to both whenever possible.

Aiden

I wish I would have seen this earlier, pitching an Idea I one day want to see if it can become a success.

One of my favorite anime currently is Hitman:Reborn, so the idea was influenced by that. (Those who might know what I am talking about, Mafialand)

A game set around "Anime" characters learning how to be heroes/villains/ anti-heroes etc. A large academy that spans every genre. Lush gardens/jungles, futuristic command centers/VR rooms for Mech/ship piloting training, old-style dojos for martial artist enthusiast, hot springs, dorms, class rooms, teachers and trainers who live on this massive ship floating in space. These large schools either go to war with rival schools or have competitions in martial arts, magic casting, sports or just want to cause trouble.

Always something to do, new "overpowered" skill to learn, enemies/friends and/or lovers to make.

Forgive my rambling, this is an idea in the rough.

Ramael

Quote from: Aiden on February 26, 2010, 01:58:10 AM
I wish I would have seen this earlier, pitching an Idea I one day want to see if it can become a success.

One of my favorite anime currently is Hitman:Reborn, so the idea was influenced by that. (Those who might know what I am talking about, Mafialand)

A game set around "Anime" characters learning how to be heroes/villains/ anti-heroes etc. A large academy that spans every genre. Lush gardens/jungles, futuristic command centers/VR rooms for Mech/ship piloting training, old-style dojos for martial artist enthusiast, hot springs, dorms, class rooms, teachers and trainers who live on this massive ship floating in space. These large schools either go to war with rival schools or have competitions in martial arts, magic casting, sports or just want to cause trouble.

Always something to do, new "overpowered" skill to learn, enemies/friends and/or lovers to make.

Forgive my rambling, this is an idea in the rough.

We're all rambling in the rough so far, so no worries.

That's a colourful splurge you've written up there. I like the settings you've written up, and especially the academy one. It sounds as if my two magicians from my second story could have been from one or two of these.

I think at the moment, unless I come across massive opposition to this, I'd like to drop to command centers/space ship, to fit in with the current theme, i.e not too futuristic. Maybe replace with cities/massive floating air ship zeppelin?
Everything else is good, though...and if you write up a character, nearly everything you've written will become part of this world! Talk about an investment! *nudge, nudge.

That reminds me. I'm going to create our "world"'s name from the letters making up the first five player's names.

P.S S'good Kunoichi (do people use a shortened version of your name?!)

Kunoichi

You can call me Kuno if you'd like, Ramael. ^^

Pristine Katalyst

No guns? If there's electricity, there should be guns. xD In what way is the Bebop universe involved in this world?
O/O's & A/A's  5/3/10-updated!! Please read.

WARNING: This married person uses endearment randomly. No offense or anything else aside from gentle flirting intended.