Be Brave & Don't Die! [IC, Homebrew]

Started by Oreida Wesker, May 17, 2014, 05:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomPistoleer

I'm going to put on a brave face and say okay.

But, I still don't really get the system.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

LeSane

I had a question before throwing my hat into this.

Is it possible to have a Half-Orc character which retains a more human appearance?
I only ask because of the racial subtype that allows such a thing. If possible I have an idea on how to make this work.

Arena-Bred Many half-orcs are born and raised to fight in the arena, and in many cases have two half-orc parents or even a half-orc and a human parent. These arena-bred half-orcs lose the brutal physical appearance of their orc ancestors and look more human. They have the city-raised and skilled alternate racial traits.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

EroticFantasyAuthor

I have concerns about the seemingly 'only 5' inventory slots that I'm noticing.

Oreida Wesker

@ Faeli -I don't mind you being a chaotic little nocturnal elf. But your Signia is combat based to back stab people. -taps her jaw and smirks.-That would be a scary way to wake up though... But I like the nocturnal idea, I figure she would have Nymph friends that would love to hang out with her, so Kriss it is. You can name the port. You'll also be familiar with Sea Cliff Dwarves [water-faring pirates merchants]and most half-bloods of Dwarf or Nymph. Elves of the North are a lot more open minded and 'wild', so even Orcs don't seem to bother them.

@ PistolPioneer- Ah. Well, good! Be brave, my friend! I don't mind if you want to chat and learn more, Skills are defined on page 2 of the system in 3 steps. They are knowledge of [various things to be inserted], Quirks, Occupation, hobby, weapon usage, reflexes, crafting, tailoring, ectra.. See, something physically notable. 

Magic can be a Hex [curse], Buff [ physical boost], Debuff [removal of negative effects], Healing, Primal [Element-based], Ward, Summon, and other Spellcraft [Default for various magic-type casting].   

So if you have a magic shield, then you don't really need a dodge, unless you want one, it could be useful. Well, you'll get the hang of it as we go.

@ Scarification - Ah, The history of the orc sis one where they were used for labor when the empire came around. Once it was over, they just didn't know what to do with themselves til Orgos lead a lot of them to become barbarians. Orans [Human/Orc] are what you make of them. That honestly could be part of your character's skill or back story, just like most Dwarves are trained for battle when they're young no matter their caste, it's fundamental conditioning.

@ EFAuthor -  Ha. -Boops his nose- 'You're encouraged by the Academy to travel light. There will be other opportunities to buy or make [GM Talky] a better pack.'
Hots and Nots

All my devotion betrayed, I'm no longer afriad.

Oreida Wesker

O, and regarding Orcs, their appearance isn't the whole pig nosed things or plant creatures. They come in a variety of colors from damask greys and blacks to leathery brown and leaf green. If they happen to be 'ugly' it's just from how many battles they've been in. 

They have hard skin and muscle that rivals that of the Dwarf and have the same hunting methods of the Northern wood elves. Some of them can be slightly amphibious wild  like the nymphs and just as savage as.. Well, it's almost like all the best traits of all the races were combined into one living thing, just so damn neat. They're also the youngest race.

There is just so much stuff I wanted to put in, I kinda 'fangirl' into happy nonsense.:P
Hots and Nots

LeSane

Well I'll remember that when making my Half-Orc. In all honesty he'd fit the brooding appearance with his features without out a doubt. This is the images of what he'd look like... One, two, and three. The only thing I figure I might need assistance on is Attribute Status, Signia, and and a fitting weapon.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Oreida Wesker

Alright, I assume he's an Oran [Human/orc].

Send me here or in a pm, and I'll gladly help to the best of my understanding and then I'll pitch this up on the 1st.
Hots and Nots

EroticFantasyAuthor

I'm afraid I'm going to have to withdraw my interest, the system just doesn't seem like a good fit for me.

Faeli

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on May 28, 2014, 03:01:42 PM
I'm afraid I'm going to have to withdraw my interest, the system just doesn't seem like a good fit for me.

*pout*  I don't know that we have enough information to even say that yet, lol

Laughing Hyena

I am going to throw my interest in. However I will need help with the core system since it is foreign to me.

Dorian Grandale

Ah, hello again, Ms. Wesker. Color me interested here.
"There ain't no sunshine when I'm low, how I'm low.
People tell me life's a game, I'm not playing.
Bitches don't mean shit to me, anymore.
I have taken my blows, I'm still standing.."

Oreida Wesker

Don't worry Faeli, it's just not his kind of jerky.

@ Hyena - Ee! That's what I'm here for, brah. I'm pretty amped to help out to the best of my abilities, and rest assured that since I made it, I know it quite well. :P And we'll be starting soon, the 1st i'll have all threads up.

@ Dorian! -My friend! Long time since we played in a game together. ^-^ I look forward to this even more.
Hots and Nots

Oreida Wesker

Thread question for all interested to talk about; Light, Bondage, or NC?

Light fits, I mean teasing and smexing around wild places would still be up for doing.
Bondage, whom doesn't dig it, but I don't know how often someone's going to get tied up or gaged and junk...
NC, can be fun as long as everyone respects their writing partner's o/o...

SO, where should we lean? If no one cares, it'll probably be Light or NC in the Exotic System, Small group until we get a bigger crowd as they see how the system plays out.
Hots and Nots

Faeli

As can likely be deduced from my avatar, I am open to any/all :)

Laughing Hyena

Dorian Grandale

Hmm. I guess it would depend on the atmosphere created by the players as a whole. I foresee some NC from teacher-student interactions..
"There ain't no sunshine when I'm low, how I'm low.
People tell me life's a game, I'm not playing.
Bitches don't mean shit to me, anymore.
I have taken my blows, I'm still standing.."

Oreida Wesker

Ha, if you were the sensei, Dorian, then I could see that. :P

The 6-8 Instructors are there to pass on their knowledge, so they might be more interested in scaring the crap out of you, then jumpin ya jones...  -Hides Ickron in a closet- He doesn't count. >.<

So far, we got three for light, then. That's swanky.
Hots and Nots

Faeli

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on May 29, 2014, 02:19:32 AM
Light for now. ^^

If it is "for now" then we may not want to put it in the Light section, how easily can threads be moved?

Galanthor

Hmm...that system intrigues me hugely, as does the setting.

If i may join i'll look into putting together a character later. Thought of doing some kind of field medic...dunno if being able to heal would be a no go in this system though, as i can see how that could be (doubled with instructor training) used to boost charakters. Failing that i thought some kind of thief- or knight-like charakter.

Oreida Wesker

Quote from: Faeli on May 29, 2014, 02:40:41 AM
If it is "for now" then we may not want to put it in the Light section, how easily can threads be moved?

Hmm. I don't know, but i'll find out. Most likely,  it's just stopping there, locking it up, and then moving the headers to the 'harder' threads. -nods- it'll still count toward the 1k goal, though.

@Galanthor - Oh, don't try and count it out. Bianca is the head medic for Noircliff and her regiment of battlefield medic training is to die for. He can still be a fighter at the same time, it didn't stop her none. 

Note to All: I almost got the maps done. So far it's just the Area of Tulk, Noircliff Academy Grounds, and the three floors of the Dorm layout. Nothing fancy, just Paint and Gimp.

Hots and Nots

Galanthor

Ok...did my best to whip a charakter together. I'm reasonably sure i messed up, though.

Name: Ilian "Saint" Koruna
Race: Fallarii
Level: 0  XP: /50
Sexuality:  Heterosexual

Health: 65
Magic: 55

Attribute Status:
Strength: 3
Perception: 3
Agility: 5
Constitution: 3
Knowledge: 7

Appearance:
Height:5'9
Eyes: Yellow
Skin: Smooth, pale and surprisingly flawless
Marks: Tattoo of a black sun on his left shoulder

Acquired Skills:
Medic: Ilian always had a knack for patching things up and on top of this he had the luck that his skills were noticed early on. He got taught rather well and on top of that gathered some practical experience. 2D6
Stabbing: Since he only fought alongside people most would consider Thugs the combar training Ilian had mostly amounted to: "this is a knife, the pointy end goes in the enemy" the rest he learned while trying to survive. However it did help that he knew exactly where precisely he had to place the blade to kill fast. 2D4
Reading Movements: A physician knows how muscle work, but one that know battle knows when try to kill him. Ilian quickly learned the telltale signs of different attacks and thanks to this, is able to anticipate most attacks and hopefully evade. 2D4
Mechanisms: When you're on the wrong side of law you better watch out for traps. Ilian being the "brainy type" was always the one tasked with making sure that they wouldn't explode in his groups face. Being clever an cautious helped, but mainly his skills originated from a lot of books. 2D2
Author: When you read too many books, you might one day try to write one and if you are bored enough, you might keep at it. That's all the reason Ilian had for that particular hobby. 2D2

Active [Technique or True Magic] Unheal
Reversing the restorativ energy of his magic, Ilian puts his hand on a pressure point causing temporary damage to the Enemy's nervous system.
Cost: 45
Effect: 2-R stun, 2 foes stun 1-R
Drawback: Roll d4, [1-2] Living Dead & Undead creatures gain HP equal to MP Cost.

Weapon: Dagger d3 damage, +1 Bleed/2-r. No Requisites

Armor: Leather Armor 5
Inventory: 5/5
- Tome
- Doctor's Bag (+1 to Medic)
- Paper
- Quill
- Book on Anatomy

Tome: 0/25 [Unactive Spells stored here]

Oreida Wesker

You did. You messed up so bad I had to change my pants. O~oh! -snap snap-

LoL, no, seriously, you did fine, brah. Only three little troubles.

Half Drow isn't on the Race list or the 12 Bastard Bloodlines. If you wanted to be a Half-Ullya, then I would kinda need to know half of what to make him white because he might not be a drow, he just might be a cosmetically odd elf or Keltra. This is also one of the things I take into consideration for your HP & MP and junk. Although.. If you want to make your own race, I'm open to listen. Just things like a Medusian  or Blood Beast might not be found in the Tulk area.

-stuffs them under a blanket-

And you can't have magic as a skill as the 3 steps should explain. Since this is the third time it's happened, I really need to check my system info again... Differences: Magic is conjured, relies on MP. Skills rely on your talents, rituals, occupations, quirkiness, and etc.... Also dice rolls. 

Last thing I noticed was the spell, Unheal. It's a touch spell, so you're a technique artist and can't do true magic, which is ranged.

You're only asking for a 2-R stun?  Is this a signia? if not, you get a few more spells... Need some idea so I can give you the hit Dice for your for to have as a TN.

Other the that, how darling! Now for deliberation.

Your doctor bag will give you a +1 to your Medic skill
Your Dagger d3 damage, +1 Bleed/2-r. No Requisites
Hots and Nots

Galanthor

Ok...i don't know what an Ulya is honestly, but suspect it is something drow-ish...I chose the drow heritage because of the eyes and hair and guessed the other half would be human, which might actually result in that kind of look (in my head anyways) if that doesn't fit i'll go for just unusual looking human.

Step three...that would be:
QuoteStep 3:
Place dice where you like, they determine if you succeed in your task or not You have a 50/50 chance to succeed, you will always use 2, EXCEPT in Player vs Player Challenges or PVP Duels to the Death. Dice: 2d2, 2d2, 2d4, 2d4, 2d6
Erm...yeah...i'd say it's a fair bet that it's unclear.

Not that i'm complaining though. Gives him the chance for different knowleadge :)

So...next...technique it is, didn't know where to explicitly state that. As for the effect don't know...thought a guaranteed stun would actually be a rather hard hitting signia. However from what i just gathered i guess it's off the table? I kinda would like to set up a signia could add some kind of debuff to it, would need help there though, as i'm not 100% sure about the game mechanics. Alternatively it could get some damage over time or extended stun, though i intented the signia to be nonleathal.

Will edit when I can get all the kinks out :)

Oreida Wesker

Oh, fuck me sideways, I can't believe I didn't post the race section. >.< -grumbles with frustration.- That was so sloppy.

Oh, I didn't say it was step three. I said 'as the 3 steps should explain', but when I was editing the copy/pastes from my Word for final touches, I must not have saved it. Totally, my bad. No wonder people were confused. -hangs her head and sighs-

I'm putting up the races, just bare with me and they should be up in 30 minutes from now. I have a lot to edit and format, my darlings.

-clears her throat-

Race, we'll talk about a little later.

The magic is either/or as explained, and this time I saw it, on the bottom of Post #4 Cookies, Caps, and Tomes. True Magic is Ranged, meaning in eye sight, and Technique Artists are Touch based. Both still allow to cast area effects and upon oneself, but each also has their own RP flair for flavoring and tactical challenges. -notes-

Magic: Oh, it's a signia? Then yes, that helps. That's all I needed, an idea of what that was and what you want. See, then I can help make it manageable.

HP: 65 MP 55

Signia
Unheal:
Cost: 45
Effect: 2-R stun, 2 foes stun 1-R
Drawback: Roll d4, [1-2] Living Dead & Undead creatures gain HP equal to MP Cost.
Hots and Nots

Galanthor

Quote from: Oreida Wesker on May 30, 2014, 03:07:04 AM
Oh, fuck me sideways, I can't believe I didn't post the race section. >.< -grumbles with frustration.- That was so sloppy.
Mmmh is that an offer? :P

Anyways...didn't mean to upset, you, please cheer up? :3

I didn't mean that i didn't understand the difference between the kinds of magics, i just had no idea where to list which one is used.

Uuuh like what you did with the signia. :3