Trump

Started by Vekseid, February 01, 2017, 02:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Quote from: RedEve on September 13, 2018, 01:31:11 AM
I saw someone remark that if the POTUS deems a hurricane in which 3000 people die as a huge success, the people in the Carolinas and beyond better get the hell out of dodge.

He's denying the 3,000 is accurate.  He's saying it's the Dems trying to make him look bad.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Deamonbane

Quote from: Roleplay Frog on September 13, 2018, 11:44:09 AM
Unrelatedly, am I the only one imagining some sort of magical, intelligent hippopotamus whenever people say 'The potus is doing X'
Not that intelligent, in this case.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Oniya on September 13, 2018, 11:51:01 AM
He's saying it's the Dems trying to make him look bad.

Like he needs any help with that :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: Oniya on September 13, 2018, 11:51:01 AM
He's denying the 3,000 is accurate.  He's saying it's the Dems trying to make him look bad.
And when I was tossing out those paper towels... by the way, you saw that, right? I was tossing all those paper towels and people loved it. Totally loved it. And when I did that, how many dead people were there in the crowd? None. Not one dead person there! See. No dead people!

And that crowd? The largest ever! More than at the inauguration! Which, just remember this - was like the largest crowd ever.

So no, I don't worry. If there is a hurricane - and that's a big if. Probably just the Dem deep state trying to scare people. But if something happens no one needs to worry. I talked to Putin and he said if anything happens he'll help. Because he loves me. He's smart like that. And a great leader. No hurricanes in Russia, I can tell you that. Shows you how smart Putin is. #hurricaneconspiracy #witchhunt #maga
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

Cassandra LeMay

Manafort "flips": https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/09/paul-manafort-trump-mueller-trial/570331/

I'll hold back my judgement how important this really is for a day or two, until some more documents come to light and we learn more about what has actually been agreed between Manafort and the Special Counsel. Could be huge news, but it could also be a final push by Manafort to corner Trump into handing him a pardon. Right now I am trying my best to keep an open mind on how significant this really is.
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Cassandra LeMay on September 14, 2018, 12:46:50 PM
Manafort "flips": https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/09/paul-manafort-trump-mueller-trial/570331/

I'll hold back my judgement how important this really is for a day or two, until some more documents come to light and we learn more about what has actually been agreed between Manafort and the Special Counsel. Could be huge news, but it could also be a final push by Manafort to corner Trump into handing him a pardon. Right now I am trying my best to keep an open mind on how significant this really is.

How personally credible would Manafort be if Trump pardoned him, and he then flipped back on his promise to cooperate with Mueller? Like, "I'm with Trump again - he pardoned me!" :P

And how credible would Trump be? :)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

TheGlyphstone

Exactly as credible as he is now. Everyone supporting Trump by this point is doing so regardless of his credibility - either they're self-servedly backing him for their own benefits, or they're so committed to the Sunk Cost Fallacy that they'll disregard any evidence of his perfidy.

Vekseid

One rumor I've heard is that Manafort flipping isn't necessarily to get info on Trump per se, but instead to go after other foreign lobbyists in DC, which is presumably a huge problem and would be good for us to see get whacked.

Iniquitous

Read this yesterday while on lunch break and think it pretty much hits the nail on the head.

https://www.emptywheel.net/2018/09/14/the-manafort-plea-is-pardon-proof/

Bow to the Queen; I'm the Alpha, the Omega, everything in between.

Roleplay Frog

Quote from: Skynet on September 17, 2018, 03:36:20 PM
There's a movie coming out about how President Trump is part of a Biblical prophecy.

I really hope that this is satire.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! I hope it isn't!

And lo, he said: You shall meet a great prophet, a terrific prophet, really an amazing person. And the spoketh: Does someone mind telling me why Obama is allowing Canada to use the dollar too? It's time for Canada to get it's own currency.
And it was good.

Sara Nilsson

I.. eh.. wha.. surely.. no..

Oniya

Quote from: Skynet on September 17, 2018, 03:36:20 PM
There's a movie coming out about how President Trump is part of a Biblical prophecy.

I really hope that this is satire.

I mean, give me some time with the Book of Revelations, and I can probably shoehorn him in somewhere.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Missy

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Lustful Bride

TheGlyphstone

The weird bit is that there actually is a prophecy people believe is about Trump, and it has nothing to do with healing or PTSD or any of this nonsense. I can't remember the specific names, but it's about some pagan king who was instrumental in restoring Jerusalem to the Jews - analogous to Trump (possibly the least Christian person on Earth) being instrumental in restoring America to the evangelicals.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 17, 2018, 11:37:09 PM
The weird bit is that there actually is a prophecy people believe is about Trump, and it has nothing to do with healing or PTSD or any of this nonsense. I can't remember the specific names, but it's about some pagan king who was instrumental in restoring Jerusalem to the Jews - analogous to Trump (possibly the least Christian person on Earth) being instrumental in restoring America to the evangelicals.

That would be Deutero-Isaiah, wouidn't it, and his exultation over the Persian King Koresh (or Cyrus)? (Isaiah ch.40-66, where we also find the prophecy of the "man of sorrows", the suffering servant of the Lord)

Now, it's hard to think of something more bizarre than linking the words of this prophecy of relief and rebirth to Trump:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NCO6UzZ2R8

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: gaggedLouise on September 18, 2018, 06:00:50 AM
That would be Deutero-Isaiah, wouidn't it, and his exultation over the Persian King Koresh (or Cyrus)? (Isaiah ch.40-66, where we also find the prophecy of the "man of sorrows", the suffering servant of the Lord)

Now, it's hard to think of something more bizarre than linking the words of this prophecy of relief and rebirth to Trump:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NCO6UzZ2R8

That's the one.

Now in other news, there are suggestions being made of a permanent U.S. military base in Poland, and Pres. Duda is proposing that it be called Fort Trump. It's almost like foreign leaders have figured out the best way to manipulate Trump is playing to his ego...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/18/polish-president-proposes-permanent-us-base-called-fort-trump-despite-nato-restriction.html

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/18/politics/fort-trump-andrzej-duda-poland/index.html  (same summary, but shorter and leaves out some pertinent details).

Deamonbane

So... any comments on the developing Kavanaugh situation? Or should that have its own thread?

Blythe

Quote from: Deamonbane on September 19, 2018, 12:42:01 PM
So... any comments on the developing Kavanaugh situation? Or should that have its own thread?

That particular situation might be worthy of its own thread.

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Blythe on September 19, 2018, 12:58:06 PM
That particular situation might be worthy of its own thread.

Agree.

Back on the topic of Trump: he said earlier today that he doesn't have an attorney general (!) and that Sessions should have been much more aggressive with measures against immigration. Sounds like he has pretty much decided to say "Jeff, you are fired!" as soon as there's a decent opportunity. ;)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45577781

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: gaggedLouise on September 19, 2018, 01:38:08 PM
Agree.

Back on the topic of Trump: he said earlier today that he doesn't have an attorney general (!) and that Sessions should have been much more aggressive with measures against immigration. Sounds like he has pretty much decided to say "Jeff, you are fired!" as soon as there's a decent opportunity. ;)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45577781

After the midterms, if he thinks he has enough votes to fire him and get a bootlicker in place. All comes down to who owns congress by them. The GOP owns congress the evil Keebler is gone, the dems own it..he’s likely to try

Beorning

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 19, 2018, 12:23:15 AM
Now in other news, there are suggestions being made of a permanent U.S. military base in Poland, and Pres. Duda is proposing that it be called Fort Trump. It's almost like foreign leaders have figured out the best way to manipulate Trump is playing to his ego...

Well, there's also the possibility that Duda was being genuine and proposed that name just because he's a poor politician and was smitten with Trump. You need to remember that many people on the Polish right are really fond of Trump. And, when Trump says, "I love Poland", they honestly seem to believe it...  ::)

When Duda's visit was over and Trump posted that one picture with Duda signing a declaration standing at the corner of his desk, one opposition MP made a comment along the lines of "I can't help thinking that after that photo was taken, Trump allowed Duda to mow the White House lawn".  ;D

Quote from: Deamonbane on September 19, 2018, 12:42:01 PM

I'd like to hear on it some more, yes - here or in some other thread.

Oniya

I was hoping this headline was fake, when I came across it in the Sun, but here's the link to the Guardian's article on the topic.

Spanish foreign minister Josep Borrell says Trump advised building a wall across the Sahara.

Because walls work so well.