Random Superpowers Go!

Started by Ritsu, December 07, 2012, 06:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MzHyde

You could just say the professors are NPC's and focus more on student life.

apygoos

Marconi Drake

Would also be interested in taking part - Fate handed me Hypercompetence and Lust Empowerment. Will need to think on that one.

MzHyde

Someone's getting an invite to all the frat parties!

BruceTheCat

“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Winds Of Lust

Looking at ever-ones powers so far I was worried I'd be under leveled and unable to keep up with these A-list power houses...untill:

-clicks once- Kinetic Engery Absorption

-clicks again-  Ziz Physiology

So let me get this straight, if I can play a dude that can turn his defense into offense and is therefore super hard to hurt/kill...and if all else fails I can turn into a giant mythical death bird that is nearly a deity.

I'm in, lets do this. Sign me up!

Seress

Mz Hyde, I'm not sure if I should thank or spank for putting the idea of superhero rodeo in my head. O.o

Tydorei

Here are the two I got.

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Memory_Absorption           Not so sure about that one. lol

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Constructs_Creation         This one seems very powerful.

Caehlim

Well I'm rather intrigued. Clicking upon said link has given me...

1) Healing Earth
and
2) Reflection Manipulation

When you say random, you really mean random!
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Niki315

Oooh I like this idea.  Random Superpowers games are always fun!

Enhanced_Surveillance

Fear_Amplification

Pretty good for a villain type I think.  ^_^

Ritsu

That also sounds fun, I'm game for whichever people prefer. How many should we limit the number to?

Ritsu

Yea, the powerset I got was really similar to yours... I'd be curious what would happen if ours clashed...

Quote from: Ritsu on November 20, 2012, 01:41:27 PM
I feel like the combo I got was really strong...

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Biological_Assimilation/Gallery
and
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Memory_Manifestation

So not only can I Assimilate people to gain their memories, but I can then Conjure any memory to physical form... I cant even begin to think of all the things I would want to do with that...

BruceTheCat

Do you think we should just reroll an ability if we end up getting something like this?

Physical Plane Lordship - "The user has authority over a physical realm. The user can manipulate every thing that is logical in the real world. Everything from atoms to physics."

I mean, that sounds so strong it actually sounds boring.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Ritsu

Probably, but I think we should decide on a way to fairly determine what gets limited before we limit anyone.

apygoos

If we go witha school like environment,there could be inhibitors in classes/building unless they get turned off? idk, its really tricky

Niki315

Well, players with extremely powerful abilities might just say they haven't come to fully understand or control their powers yet.  Having partial or uncontrollable abilities could make something overpowered a bit more fun. 

Also, setting-wise, I think the hunger games-esque idea would be cool.  Or something more X-men like a powerful evil power user is mobilizing as many power-users as possible (some unsuspecting, some hungry for conflict), while a small collection of good power-users are trying to stop them (either commissioned by the government or as neutral parties).  Something else I was thinking about is maybe monsters or god-entities are threatening the planet, but their presence grants regular humans powers, and so the power-users have to decide which side they want to be on.

And power origins could come from any number of methods.  Injections, natural occurring powers (often surfacing at puberty), an event causes powers to randomly appear in people throughout the world, interference from other dimensions/planes (maybe even a god-plane or something).

Anyway, that's what I got. 

MrBubbles

Ground Liquification and Pseudoscience Manipulation.

Uhh, those two aren't really related to one another, but I can definitely see an application in the second one (mastery of Alchemy, psionics, causality and logic using wonky methods? Kick-ass.)

Ritsu

Great ideas. I wish we could do a poll for more than one thing... hmm... *investigates*

apygoos

if you need a co-GM for this btw, id gladly volunteer ^_^

xxmaxinitxx

Quote from: Ritsu on December 09, 2012, 04:55:34 PM
Great ideas. I wish we could do a poll for more than one thing... hmm... *investigates*

I'm pretty sure you can. I've seen one on here before.

apygoos

i think you need to add it to the OP

luphawk

Quote from: Niki315 on December 09, 2012, 04:52:47 PM
Well, players with extremely powerful abilities might just say they haven't come to fully understand or control their powers yet.  Having partial or uncontrollable abilities could make something overpowered a bit more fun. 

Also, setting-wise, I think the hunger games-esque idea would be cool.  Or something more X-men like a powerful evil power user is mobilizing as many power-users as possible (some unsuspecting, some hungry for conflict), while a small collection of good power-users are trying to stop them (either commissioned by the government or as neutral parties).  Something else I was thinking about is maybe monsters or god-entities are threatening the planet, but their presence grants regular humans powers, and so the power-users have to decide which side they want to be on.

And power origins could come from any number of methods.  Injections, natural occurring powers (often surfacing at puberty), an event causes powers to randomly appear in people throughout the world, interference from other dimensions/planes (maybe even a god-plane or something).

Anyway, that's what I got.
In the school setting I’m sure they would have some sort of power dampeners for those that had trouble controlling there powers, maybe ones that very slowly let more power thru as the person gains control.

Also, I’ve bean thinking about it and assuming we go with the school (personally I would like that and think it should be on an island) I would like my guy to be a teacher.  With killer instinct he would fit nicely into combat training and with currency generation I’m thinking he would also be at least one if not the sole financial backer for the school, which might be fairly new, maybe even in its first year if we go with the suggestion of something causing random powers to manifest all over the world.
current statues:  looking
my ideas / my f-list

Tydorei

the thing is, even in a school setting we wont always be in school. (or field trips) My two cents are if your power is obviously OP, you should just 'reroll' that one power. Physical Plane Lordship, among others I've seen, just can't be between once they get a tiny handle on their power.

Or maybe get to choose from a subdomain of the OP power they have.

mayovagn

All hail Eris! Kallisti! All Hail Discordia!

Member in good standing but poor sitting and terrible leaning of the Most Secret Order of the Stone Bonker of the Kakapo

Ritsu

Where do we want the game to go?