Fina's Adventure: a curated Choose Your Own Adventure game, party style

Started by Top Cat, June 05, 2019, 03:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Top Cat

I'm working on an idea that I've had for quite a while, and noticing the Choose Your Own Adventure section of the E forums has reminded me of it again.

There's a couple of places online that have cooperative CYOA games, but by their very nature, they tend to be very uneven - some good writers set up an amazing scene and intriguing choices, then some asshat comes along and picks the best option, and kills off the protagonist. Or takes ALL of the choices and does extremely uncreative and uninspired posts with zero creative effort, killing the momentum, if not literally killing the game.

The Elliquiy CYOA section seems to be more about having a single writer and other people vote for story options provided by that writer. That's all well and good - and I'll probably take a shot at that sometime as well - but that's not what I want.

So what I'm offering up is a community CYOA. I will take on the role of chief writer and judge for the story. When I end the first post, I'll open up discussions (in an adjacent thread, of course) for people to make suggestions on where to take the story, I'll choose the best 3 or 4 suggestions, and put them to a vote. The person who made the winning suggestion will be allowed to write the next post, or they can defer, in which case I'll do my best to write a post based on their suggestion. And then we return to the suggestions-and-vote cycle again.

This will still go in the CYOA section of E, of course.

Does this sound interesting to you? If so, would you be interested in making suggestions and writing; just making suggestions, but no writing; just voting; or just reading?

Thanks for your time in reading this.  8-)
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

Levi

Followed you from the CYOA thread in a none stalker type way. Very interested in the idea.
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Synecdoche17

A book, a woman, and a flask of wine: /The three make heaven for me; it may be thine / Is some sour place of singing cold and bare — / But then, I never said thy heaven was mine.

Ons & Offs, Stories in Progress, and Story Ideas
Absences and Apologies

Top Cat

Okay, that's enough interest to at least give some more information, start to give some details to get this going.

1.) The story will only bar the most disliked types of scenes - gore, scat, and the like. It will allow NC (and be marked appropriately, of course), BDSM, and so on.
2.) The theme will be action/comedy, with more emphasis on the action.
3.) Each post should be a minimum of five paragraphs, and a maximum of 20 paragraphs.
4.) Writers will be expected to maintain some degree of internal consistency - don't do something that's in direct conflict with something else that was already posted.

And, to give some action right from the start, I offer a Vote! Who is going to be our protagonist?

A.) Angelica, a fairly normal college girl with a dark secret.
B.) Brock, a twenty-something man who just lost his job and is about to lose his apartment, but gets dragged into another world.
C.) Fina, a sultry catgirl slave who just took Brock's place in our normal world.
D.) Ashe, a djinn whose centuries-long boredom is about to change, drastically.
E.) Somethingone else.
O/O / Story Seeds
Current posting speed: Slow to moderate. Most threads should get a response within 24 hours, with occasional dips as RL makes demands.
If I am more than a week behind on a story post, please feel free to PM me about it.
I am present in Elliquiy's Discord channel. If you want to chat about a story idea, feel free to DM me there.

Synecdoche17

A book, a woman, and a flask of wine: /The three make heaven for me; it may be thine / Is some sour place of singing cold and bare — / But then, I never said thy heaven was mine.

Ons & Offs, Stories in Progress, and Story Ideas
Absences and Apologies

Levi

A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Top Cat

Unless we have more votes soon, I'll start it up with Fina and get it written sometime this weekend.

Once the game/story is rolling, I'll expect to have a one-post-a-week turnaround.
  • New story post on Friday, with a call for branches.
  • A vote for branches on Sunday.
  • A decision on the votes by Tuesday night.
O/O / Story Seeds

Top Cat

O/O / Story Seeds