Western town group game

Started by RedEve, August 22, 2013, 10:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sara Nilsson

no one likes my music.. *cries*

IrishWolf

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on August 23, 2013, 04:28:57 PM
no one likes my music.. *cries*

There there *gently pat's Sara's head* Its not that we didn't like your music......theres just better music

Sara Nilsson

*laughs* meany!!!just for that you are paying extra if you want to visit the whore house :P

arkhos

*Loans Irishwolf lots of his doctor-money*
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

RedEve

"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Sara Nilsson

perhaps there should be an OOC thread before this one gets unreadable?

Julles

Name: Alice Taylor
Appearance: Picture. Picture 2
Role: Heiress
Background: Alice isn't exactly the normal kind of debutante most families have. She is already 25 and she's already been through 2 suitors. It isn't normal, and she isn't expecting people to be accepting of it, but just kind of ignore it really. The family came from south Georgia area from an expansive estate. They were known there by everybody and the Taylor's almost owned the town they were in. They were rich, and as her grandparents would say they earned it. The family will swear by that until they die. They claim to never do anybody wrong, and their money came from hard work and good investments. Nevertheless Alice has never really trusted her own family, only her brother really has her trust. Their family heritage is traced back to the middle of the united kingdom, they were one of the first wealthy families to come over to the new world, and then they moved to the south. From there on, it was a basic history. As the times came and went, the family eventually moved to their estate. When Alice came to the age of ten her older brother went off to the war, and she suddenly took a turn towards the worst, at least in the eyes of her mother. She started rebelling against becoming the young thing that her parents wanted her to be for the young suitors that were going to take interest in a few years.

The fighting ended in 1865, but her brother hadn't come home until 1866 right after Alice had turned fifteen, and her parents were trying to get her ready for the suitors to come, but she refused to agree to it. So, her parents focused on her two older sisters who had suitors coming from all over and the elite young men who were just coming back from the army were very happy to lend a helping hand to make them happy. Who wouldn't be happy to married into such a large and elite family as the Taylor's? Soon, her two sisters had been married and Alice was turning 21 soon. She watched her two sisters move away and they both had children already, who Alice loved. She loves her sisters children, almost more than she loves the rest of her family. Meanwhile her brother, who was the sibling who was the closest to her, was soon to be married also. Alice hated his wife to be, but could never tell her brother that. Alice left the house alone much to her families dismay. But, when people started going to the west the Taylor's were not going to leave their daughter alone in the world without anything. They showed up after three years, picked her up, and moved her west with them. They moved into another grand estate by the town of Whitestone.

Alice hated to admit that she wasn't doing well on her own, as she could find no job and nobody would trust her. The things that she liked the most were the grandiose parties that her parents would throw. They were amazing events in which everybody was invited, all walks of life and everybody was expected to come. They were very large, and very alcohol fused parties. Alice quickly found herself enjoying the times at the parties, and the times that she was partying were fun all she had. But, now she was friendless and alone with only her three younger siblings and her parents. To many that would seem a large family, but to her it was only half her family. Alice's brother was not able to come as he had already made arrangements in the Georgia area, in regards to business and his upcoming wedding. She felt lost without her rock. She always regarded her brother as the only one she cared for in the family, he helped her through everything. But, the rest of her history is all personal things. But, that is for others to find out. She has a slight haze over the new city that they were all living in now. Besides the family history, Alice's own history is secretive, and her parents don't want people to know much about their odd child.

IrishWolf

Name: Patrick O'Rourke
Appearance: A tall man, standing six feet and two inches, he looks like a man hard used. His once fair skin is tanned and weathered, from years at sea, with hands heavily callused. His chest and face are covered in oddly shaped and spaced scars, from his time in the United State's Navy, when he caught a blast of splinters. His hair is a dark auburn and while he carefully trims his mustache, the hair on his head tends to get a little wild and curly.
Role: Former sailor turned miner
Background: Born in Killybegs, Ireland, 1842, Patrick immigrated with his family to Boston in 1850, to escape the an Gorta Mór or the Great Hunger, known to the rest of the world as the Irish Potato Famine. Work was hard to come by for the O'Rourkes, has it was with many other of their Irish Compatriots, leaving his family to live in poverty, crammed into a windowless apartment with two other families. At the age of fourteen, he was given five dollars, which his father had managed to scrap up and headed down to Nantucket, where he was signed aboard a Whaler as a cabin boy.     

For the next five years, he would sail with the Yankee Whaling Fleet, until the outbreak of the Civil War. While he was respected in the Whaling fleet, as were many other minorities, Patrick still felt the old sting of the hate his family had encountered upon reaching the shores of America. Determined to help prove the worth of Irishmen to the United States, as his fellows enlisted in Army regiments, he signed with the United State's Navy. His enlistment would see him aboard the USS Cumberland and ashore as part of a detachment of sailors and marines for the Battle of Hatteras Inlet Batteries. He was back aboard the USS Cumberland soon after, where she was part of the blockade until March 8th, 1862, when Cumberland was engaged by the ironclad, CSS Virginia During the exchange of cannon fire, Patrick was struck down by flying splinters, from a Confederate cannonball striking the hull, which nearly killed him. He then nearly drowned when Cumberland was rammed and sank.

After he recovered from his wounds, Patrick would be stationed aboard USS Kearsarge, serving as a loader for one of her Dahlgren guns, as she hunted for the Confederate Raider, CSS Alabama. He would be one of the seventeen men awarded the Metal of Honor, for  marked coolness and good conduct and was highly recommended for his gallantry under fire by the divisional officer, during the Battle of Cherbourg, in 1864. He would continue to serve aboard Kearsarge, until 1866, when she was decommissioned.

Returning to the Whaling fleet, Patrick would sail from New Bedford, aboard the Bark Roman, bound for the Arctic whaling grounds off Alaska. Death would come for him twice more, while he sailed aboard the whaler. In 1868, he was nearly crushed to death and almost drowned, when the whale boat he was in, was smashed by the fluke of a bull sperm whale. Then in 1871, he nearly froze to death, during the Whaling Disaster of 1871, when thirty-three ships of the Arctic fleet where trapped in ice. Taking it as a sign from the Almighty, he chose not to go to sea again but headed inland, chasing gold and silver strikes, hoping to make his fortune and return to Boston.

Wargtass

I was wondering when the prospector would show up.  XD
O/O

Sara Nilsson

Can I say I love all the characters?

Wargtass

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on August 23, 2013, 05:47:55 PM
Can I say I love all the characters?

You're allowed, national fellow and schmexy roleplayer-bud.  ;D
O/O

RubySlippers

Name: Dr. Chantal Aglionby

Role: Headmistress of Aglionby School & Owns Aglionby College (a life experience heavy degree mill offering bachelors degrees)

Background: Born to a wealthy French family involved in the shipping and wine industry with more and more investments in the Americas she had the benefits of a fine education at the best boarding schools then the Université de Paris where she earned a bachelors degree in the Classics and later her doctorate in Philosophy. She decided to come to the United States where she invested in some railroads and set-up a correspondence college pretty much selling degrees for only minimal work and offices in several locations to confuse the issue with the state authorities around the country. Her interests locally is to set-up a top notch local school for children offering a four year diploma (Basic Diploma), eight year diploma (senior diploma) and guided high school diploma (four more years, boarding school for girls) leading to college or a teaching license. Also she runs a Colored School outside of town offering Indians, negro and other children of color a Basic Diploma for free and no indoctrination like other schools she even encourages speaking native languages.

In France she was openly homosexual but in the United States she has had to be far more discrete openly she says she is dedicated to her work and has no time for a husband and family, that usually suffices she is wealthy on her own and besides her work promoting education she is active as an academic writer in various areas of interest. She has men around her a friends, learned to play a good hand of poker and besides fencing learned the basics of shooting a gun and learned several Indian languages and is literate and well spoken in Spanish. She also knows English, French, Greek and Latin.

Her school does sport a fine library likely one of the best in the territory outside the capital and she adds to it regularly.

Tuition at the main school is fair and covers the teachers wages paying 15% over standard rates plus room & board and she gets money from the government for the school and to run the other school (Army and Indian Affairs). Her boarding school is a bit more expensive generally for the daughters of people of some means. She does take trade for tuition labor, farm goods and so forth in trade to some degree.

Wargtass

That image had my heart fluttering for a second, Ruby. I might have been struck by RP-love at first sight, which is terrible, because I know nothing about her.  ;D
O/O

Julles

Wargtass

I'm not the GM, so can't say definitely, but she looks like a very nice character to me.
O/O

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: Wargtass on August 23, 2013, 06:57:36 PM
I'm not the GM, so can't say definitely, but she looks like a very nice character to me.

you are just being a pervy old man who wants a nice young chippie to seduce! you stay away from her! none of your tricks you hear!

Wargtass

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on August 23, 2013, 07:04:18 PM
you are just being a pervy old man who wants a nice young chippie to seduce! you stay away from her! none of your tricks you hear!

DAYM! I don't play it like that, I know you are going to try it as well! Blockera inte kuken... :P

Seriously though, it's a nice character.
O/O

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: Wargtass on August 23, 2013, 07:50:02 PM
Blockera inte kuken... :P

oO

seriously?! did you just write that?! *howls in  laughter*

Wargtass

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on August 23, 2013, 07:56:47 PM
oO

seriously?! did you just write that?! *howls in  laughter*

Vaddå? I thought we were Swedish bros/sis', Sara. Or perhaps that's just the wine talking. :P
O/O

Julles

HarleyQuinn

Name: Isi Millaray. Christianized: Isabel Miller.
Appearance: She is medium height and has an athletic body. She's got waist length black hair that often has turquoise ribbons woven through it if she has her hair braided. She wears no makeup but does wear a lot of jewelry. She's very soft spoken and knows English very well after having been raised by white parents.
Role: Stable hand at the local horse barn and often times tracker for hunters.
Background: Isi is of Comanche heritage; her mother being full and her father being white. She often identifies with her Comanche heritage even though her father raised her after her mother passed away at a very young age. Her father wasn't cruel to her but often just let her be since he felt ostracized from the rest of the people since he had an inferior child. She grew up by herself and often wondered what her mother's side of the family was like. When she was eleven years old, she left her father's house and ventured to where her mother told her side of the family lived. She was welcomed with disdain first but when she told them of her mother, they soon welcomed her into the fold. When she turned seventeen,  she was promised to be wed to a warrior of another tribe to make peace between the tribes. The wedding went off without a hitch or trouble and a year later she had a daughter. When her baby girl was only six months old, her young daughter died and she went into a deep depression only to be sent further in when her husband was fatally wounded by a Calvary soldier. She vowed revenge on that man for taking everything from her.

When she turned nineteen, she decided that she needed to move on from the village since everybody was fighting and no one wanted to maintain their culture anymore. She couldn't just leave without an explanation so she went out on their sacred hill where she meditated and fasted for a week. It was her way of reconnecting with nature and becoming one with her spirit. When she was finished, she was greeted with a hawk staring at her for a minute before taking off. She went back to her village and told the elders what had happened and there she was tatted with a hawk along the back of her neck. In her culture, the Hawk represented the oneness with nature. She told them she would be leaving the tribe since that's what the Hawk wanted her to do. They gave her their blessings and soon she found her way to Whitestone. She loves it here and found a job as a stable hand working with horses. She would often lend her tracking skills to hunters for extra money and she expects that this would be where she will remain until she feels the urge to move again.

Wargtass

Oh Harley, you speared me through the heart halfway through the background. Ouch.
O/O

HarleyQuinn

Wargtass

No! That's good, damn you... T_T
O/O

HarleyQuinn