News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

One-on-One: Hunter Phoenix and Sophidian

Started by Sophidian, August 12, 2010, 05:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén was shocked, he could possibly lose the full use of his arm!!! What would he do, working with metal and wood had always been a major part of his life, he couldn't lose that.

"Isn't there something we can do to make sure that I can use my arm? Anything at all, no matter what"

He fell silent and couldn't think of anything else to say.

"......I guess I could just work around the inn...."
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Sophidian

Shie put a hand on his good shoulder. "It might heal on its own. We can't tell..." She wanted to cry at how upset he looked. "Maybe the Gods will grant you freedom from such a burden."

Thanking the doctor, she rose and made her way outside, bringing him along.
Ons & Offs -- Searching for RPers -- A & As (September)

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

"Maybe"

He walked along with Shie, keeping his bad arm as still as possible, he was thinking hard about what he could do to help out in the village with only one good arm, just in the event that he could no longer use his bad one.

"What do you think I could do in the mean time Shie? I can hardly sit by and do nothing"

Sophidian

"Well, you can start keeping the books at the Inn if you'd like? I'm not terrible at it, but I could be better." She gave him a small smile. "Or you could become the local storyteller..." Teasing him, perhaps to make him smile, gave her hope.

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén smiled at the thought of being a story teller.

"I guess I could be a storyteller for a while, we have quite a collection of stories and tales for everyone to hear don't we"

He moved beside her so that he could hold her hand with his good hand.

"It sure will be different, but it is something, I can try to go over the books if you wish, I was never any good with numbers though"

Sophidian

"Yes, we do. So, we'll find something besides the books for now. There's plenty of stuff to be done. Like trying to get those lazy workers to do their jobs." She leaned against him as they walked, ignoring the town's gossip.

"We'll figure something out."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded and also ignored the town gossip as he walked hand in hand with Shie, he was happy.

"I guess I could do storytelling whilst I help with the serving of drinks around the inn on a night if you wish, give the villagers something to keep them entertained, make it a bit dark and thrilling, might make them stay awake at night"

He laughed at the thought, then scrapped it.

"Actually, that would probably just make them more lazy, so I don't think I will scare them"

Sophidian

"Good idea." She laughed a bit. "Though, they could use some scaring. They thought the river just overflowed. No one saw the dragon but us."

She paused. "Though how I got there, I still don't know. Very odd..."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

"From what I saw, your hands were glowing with a blue light, you dipped them in the river, then the light transferred from you to the dragon, then you all of a sudden fired that massive light at the dragon, when you were walking, you were in a trance of some kind"

He hadn't told her about the demon being inside her, he didn't really want too, but she had a right to know.

Sophidian

"A trance?" She glanced up at him, then furrowed her brow. "Huh. I wonder what was happening. All I can remember is grabbing my beads and praying for someone to help us."

She touched where her necklace should be. The prayer beads had disappeared with the dragon, leaving only one left. She kept that one beside her bed and had already started to make more. New ones.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded

"Well I am glad you managed to use your powers again, it saved us all and I am grateful"

He kissed her on the forehead and walked to the inn with her, when they got there, he looked around.

"What can I do for the rest of the day?"

Sophidian

"I can teach you how to brew sake." She moved toward the back room, beckoning him along. "It's really just mixing things together, but we always need it done with the amount the men drink. Let me just get a cask."

She disappeared for a moment, then came back with a giant wooden barrel. "Now rice and some yeast..."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén watched as Shie started the brewing of sake in the cask, it was interesting, he could always give it a shot and see how he did with it.

"I can give it a shot, anything to keep me busy really"

Sophidian

She stepped back, hammering the top on the barrel. "It's really just measuring. You can do it with one arm and you can mix and match the recipe. Sometimes it calls for a little less, sometimes a little more." She heaved the cask up onto the shelf and turned to a different one. "And then you check every three months. Grab two glasses?"

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded and grabbed two glasses from nearby, he took them over to Shie and placed them down.

"It looks easy enough, I will do my best not to mess it up too much"

He looked at the other casks next to the one that had just been added, there were many of them.

"How many casks do they all go through in one night?"

Sophidian

"About one. It's the reason I don't have to make the sake all that much." She poured them both a glass and handed it over. "This should be nearly finished. It may be over done, actually, and if it is, we can add water to dilute it."

She clinked her glass against his.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

He took his glass and clinked it against hers

"Here is to a bright and wonderful future to us both"

He smiled and took a mouthful of the sake, it was indeed a little stronger than normal, but other than that it was excellent. He coughed a little.

"Wow, this has a bit of a kick to it, I think it would be excellent to use this as it is tonight, might put some of the villagers off heavy drinking"

He laughed and took another sip of it, being more careful not to burn his throat this time.

Sophidian

Her coughs mingled with his until she calmed herself. "That certainly would make them drink less, but then how would I make my money?" She managed to finish the rest before shaking her head. "Father must have let that sit before. Nothing should be so...astringent."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén considered it for a moment and then finished his drink which made him cough quite a lot, bringing tears to his eyes.

"Yeah that is true, it would take business away, it should be fine by the time everyone comes for a drink, maybe we could expand your business, we could buy the blacksmiths place and create a few more shops, maybe open a trade route with some towns as well instead of us just buying what we need when we need it, we could turn the village into a small town, I have enough gold stored away"

He thought about it and liked the idea, but he didn't want to take away the comfy, calm atmosphere of the village at the same time, expanding could easily ruin it.

Sophidian

"A town..." She tapped the glass against her lips as she thought. It would be good for the people, bringing more money in. And more trade. Her inn would be full instead of just a stop along the way.

"That may work!"

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded

"Yeah, it would definitely bring in more trade for the inn and everywhere else, I just don't want to ruin the villages calm atmosphere along the way"

Sophidian

"Well, as long as they don't all move into the village, it wouldn't affect the atmosphere too badly." She picked the glasses up and brought them to the sink. "We could have more money and hopefully less stress about whether or not we'd survive the winter. We'd need to travel to a nearby town though. There's no possibility of having enough supplies here..."

She glanced at the map on the wall. "And now that our closest supplier to the west is gone, I'm not sure who we could go to."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén thought for a moment

"How about, I could travel to nearby towns and put up advertisements for the inn and places around here after we get some more places built, while I am there I could take a cart with me and could buy a lot of supplies for the new places, which could bring in trade for sure"

The more he thought of it, the more he liked it, he could travel from town to town, buying supplies whilst promoting the village and the inn to bring more trade to them.

Sophidian

"That sounds fantastic!" She smiled, taking his hands. "You could go and explore while we built things here. I like the sound of it."

She paused, the blush coming to her cheeks again as she thought about him exploring. And who he'd meet. "Well. As long as you came back to me."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén smiled

"I will always come back to you, no matter what"

He leaned in and kissed her on the lips, making it last as long as possible before they had to come up for air.

"My heart belongs to you Shie, forever and always"