One-on-One: Hunter Phoenix and Sophidian

Started by Sophidian, August 12, 2010, 05:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén awoke to the slight smell of burning, he didn't know how long he had been asleep for, but he looked and saw that smoke was looming above him, he coughed as he sat up, the sound of burning was now apparent as well, he had always been a deep sleeper, he didn't know that it could potentially kill him one day.

He get up and walked over to the room of his door, opening it he soon had to shut it again as the entire hallway was going up in flames.

"This could be bad"

He muttered to himself, coughing again as more and more smoke filled the room. He needed a way out, he couldn't use his fire powers anymore because they had died when the demon lord had. He could easily burn to death if he didn't get out soon.
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Sophidian

Now standing in the middle of the burnt grass, Shie shook her head. There were no signs of fire, or of anyone having started one. There wasn't even a hint of smoke in the clear sky. Turning back toward the house, she hefted up the bucket and made her way down to the river. Filling it, and bringing it to her hip, she made her way back.

As she slipped open the door, a rush of hot air brushed past her. And the sound of someone running around upstairs. "...Lièrén? Are you alright up there?"
Ons & Offs -- Searching for RPers -- A & As (September)

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén couldn't breathe properly because of all the smoke around him now, he didn't even know if the rest of the inn was on fire or not, it just seemed like an inferno all around him, he was coughing heavily, trying to push through the flames so he could get out of his room, but he couldn't, every time he tried, the flames flared up and kept him trapped, it was almost like he was being pushed back be an invisible force that was controlling the fire.

"Help, I'm in my room and can't get out because of a fire, if anyone can hear me, get help"

He shouted as loud as he could, which just filled his lungs with even more smoke and hot air, making him choke and cough, it also made him feel light headed, he wouldn't last much longer.

Sophidian

"A fire...?" Glancing around, she saw no smoke and no flames. She began to climb the stairs, gazing in each direction. She came to the hallway and saw nothing but darkness. "Lièrén? Where are you?"

Moving to the door, she knocked twice. "Are you alright?"

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Looking around in confusion at the fact that he could now breathe properly and no sign of fire or smoke at all, Lièrén looked around in hurried confusion; where the hell had it gone?

He opened the door at the knocking and almost dived on Shie when he saw her.

"Thank the Gods you're alright, there was fire everywhere"

He had the signs of being in a fire all over his robes, he was covered in smoke stains, but the room and hallway looked like nothing had been going on.

"What the heck is going on now? There was a fire out here just a second ago and it wouldn't let me out of the room, everything I tried, it just pushed me back"

He sat on the floor feeling light headed.

Sophidian

"Are you alright?" She gazed down at him, hand on his shoulder. "There was no fire. It smelt a little off before but I think it's from a bonfire down in the town. They were roasting some meat." Kneeling beside him, she cupped a hand against his cheek.

"Then again, there was a lot of black grass. I thought it may be some of the local kids playing games. You know, the fire jugglers that they saw weeks ago..."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

He shook his head and held onto Shie for dear life, he didn't know what to think now.

"But, I went to sleep and....and and then.... then I woke up and there was fire everywhere, and smoke, the smoke was choking me, I became light headed and couldn't get out....and then you came along and all of a sudden it was like nothing had happened"

He didn't even sound normal to himself now, like he was ranting about nothing, but he had been so sure he had seen fire. He looked up at Shie, tears in his eyes.

"You....you believe me right?"

Sophidian

Stroking a hand through his hair, she gave a half-nod. "Maybe you thought it was real but it was still a lingering memory of the dream? I know that going through the demon world had to be trying." She dropped a kiss onto his head. "Maybe it's lingering effects?"

She settled herself into a more comfortable position. "Just walking dreams?"

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

"I don't really know, it didn't feel like a walking dream when I was getting burnt and couldn't breathe because of the fire, but I guess it could have all been in my head, it just seemed a hell of a lot more realistic this time"

He sighed and leaned back against his bed.

"I just want to get past all of this, it just feels so real, and the duration of this last one was ridiculous, I thought I was actually going to burn in a fire, are you sure there was nothing going on?"

Sophidian

Rubbing his back, she shook her head after a moment. "Like I said, just some black grass from foolish kids. Nothing in here, at least." She placed a kiss on his temple and stood. "Come on. I'll make you some tea and hopefully get you back into bed."

She rose and offered a hand down to him. She could at least assist him up.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Taking her hand and standing up, he kept hold of her hand as they left the room, leaving behind the bad feelings Lièrén had been having, everything was going to be ok, he would be ok, they would be ok.

"So what are we going to do now then? I don't think I could go on the trip right now, I need to get used to having the one arm, then what happens if something happens to the village while I am gone? I don't want to lose you"

Sophidian

"I'm not going anywhere. The village can defend itself." She walked down the stairs with him, leaving him at the table as she went to boil the water in the kettle. Selecting the finest leaves, she ground them with the pestle. "And if you want to delay your trip, I understand."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

He nodded

"I think delaying the trip could be a good idea, as much as it will annoy your cousin, I might as well delay it till I'm back to one hundred percent, I might have a blast at seeing if I can get anyone in on the idea of having their kids taught literacy and numeracy"

OOC: Sorry about the short posts which don't really leave ya much, ive got a lot on my mind right now, I just aren't quitting the RP

Sophidian

"As long as you have something to do. I know you'd go crazy just sitting around doing nothing." Bringing the tea out, she poured them both a glass before sitting across from him. "I'm sure the parents would appreciate it. Not everyone can be a good teacher."

((OOC: No problem. My internet has been in and out with really bad storms so I've been semi-absent as of late))

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded

"Yeah I guess you're right, you are always right, which is good really because I don't really think stuff through all the time"

They were just walking now and then Lièrén heard something, but upon looking around, there was nothing moving, no one around them to make the noise, it had sounded like a hammer on metal and a high pitched scream, but there was nothing and no one around, so he had no idea what to make of it.

"Did you just hear something?"