One-on-One: Hunter Phoenix and Sophidian

Started by Sophidian, August 12, 2010, 05:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophidian

Red, she pulled away and took a breath, nodding. "Of course. Now, if we're to do this, we should plot out a route. We can use the maps in the office." She pointed upstairs. "And I don't mind if you mark them up. You can take them with you."
Ons & Offs -- Searching for RPers -- A & As (September)

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded and together they headed upstairs to look at the maps, so that he could mark a route up and head out within the next few days.

"That's another point, do we have enough horses and a cart?"

He had not seen many horses about the village in all the time he had been there, he had also never seen a cart about the place.
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Sophidian

Shie thought, frowning after a moment. "I think the farmers may have a horse, though it'd be an old mare. And as for a cart, we've never had to carry that much supply back. I could send a messenger to go and fetch one, if you'd like." She reached into her desk for paper.

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded

"Thanks, I wouldn't be able to bring back supplies if I don't have a cart or horses, I will probably require about two horses to pull the cart along, maybe four if I am going somewhere large, but I can always buy extra horses while I am out and about if need be"

He looked at the maps that were on the wall, the next town was quite a distance away, it would take at least a day to get there.

Sophidian

"Four horses and a cart. I think we can handle that." She pulled the gold from her safe, putting it into a bag. "I can send one of my cousins. I trust them the most."

Standing, she fixed everything together and smiled. "An adventure for you. It seems like you need one."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén chuckled

"I would have thought I had been through enough action for that to count as an adventure, seems that I was wrong"

He liked the idea of being able to travel again, he missed it, he loved the little village and he especially loved Shie, but his heart lay on the road, setting up trades and buying supplies was just what he needed to combine the two loves together.

"Maybe you could come along with me some time"

Sophidian

"If I can find someone to mind the inn, I would. Until then, I'll have to wait here and pine for you until you come back." Unable to resist it, she wrapped her arms around his neck and drew him down for another kiss. "It'll be hard, but I think I can manage surviving..."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén leaned down and wrapped his good arm around her. He kissed her on the lips passionatly.

When he came back up again, he was smiling.

"I shall be pining for you also, but I think we can manage for about two days apart, I will make the journey as quick as possible so that I can get back again"

Sophidian

Breathless, she nodded and let her hands rest on his chest. "I... You make me dizzy," she said, laughing as she thought about it. How could love - and for that matter, the yearning she felt for him - be so powerful?

"Two days is okay. Shouldn't be too long. Don't rush, though. If you need to take longer, do. You'll be healthier."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded and laid his head on top of hers.

"I will take my time, but I will rush as well, cutting the time without ruining it"

His heart was thumping like crazy in his chest, he loved her so much, would do anything for her.

Sophidian

"As long as you don't get any worse..." She rested her head on his chest and sighed. "That's all I ask for. That you get better and things go well."

She pulled away a moment later. "I have to prepare for tonight. You'll plot your course?"

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén looked at the map for a moment, then found a pencil and drew his course to the town nearest to them.

"There we go, plotted, I promise I will get better and I will be careful, maybe I could have someone go with me, in case of bandits or something, I can use a sword still, but the backup just in case could be good, it would also make it easier on the loading of supplies"

He looked back at Shie, confident he had made a good choice of route on the map, all he needed to do now was follow it when it came to actually travelling.

Sophidian

"One of the cousins can go with you. They're anxious to get out of the house." She shrugged. "At that age, I suppose. When I was that young, all I wanted to do was stay home. I guess I'm the odd one."

She headed out of the office. "Sake, rice... I think tonight will be easy enough."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded and followed her out of the office

"Just so long as they pay attention and don't cause trouble, I don't mind one of them coming along, it would be good to have some company other than my own while on the road"

He smiled and walked downstairs with her. He used his good arm to lay out trays and set out the sake cups for filling.

Sophidian

"They'll be good." She nodded. "They're well behaved. And they idolize you." She fixed the table the right way and began to set up things for the rest of the people that are bound to come.

Leaning back with her hands on her hips, she glanced around and nodded. It looked good.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén chuckled

"I don't know why people idolize me, I haven't done anything special, I just do what I have to do when it needs doing"

He sighed and shook his head, people treated him like he was some sort of hero, he just wanted to get through life without killing himself or getting anyone else killed through his mistakes, even if he did head into things without thinking them through.

"When will people just realise that I am just a simple enough guy trying to get along"

Sophidian

"They won't realize that. They'll see what you did and find it amazing. And then wish to be you." She took a seat on the counter. "No one sees a person's deeds and thinks, 'Oh, how hard it must of been!' They just want those deeds for themselves..." She smiled. "Silly people."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

"Indeed, I wouldn't wish any of what we have been through on any of them, it's been tough but we pulled through"

He shook his head again

"I hope the stories I tell tonight will calm them down and put into perspective how tough it really was, cause back in that demon world, it was a freaking nightmare and since I got back here, we haven't had an easy time of it with that dragon and demon"

He kissed her forehead and then her lips

"I am really glad I came here when I did"

Sophidian

"So am I. We'd all be dead otherwise." Brushing a kiss against his cheek, she slipped down from the counter and let the crowds come in. They congratulated them both - again - and take glasses of sake. More gold went into the til as the servers came about, handing out rice and meat.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén had a late thought and whispered to Shie

"I should have set up some sort of small stage so that all of the villagers could see and here me"

He stood up straight again, it was too late now, so he would have to do the best he could.

Standing in front of the villagers after they had downed a few rounds of sake.

"Ok everyone, settle down, now that you have all had a few drinks, I do hope you do not mind me telling you a few stories, based on the deeds that me and the lovely Shie have perfomed and completed in recent times to keep this village, and all of you, safe"

He headed straight into the first story, of how he and Shie had gone through the mountain trail and fought hundreds of demons to stop them from destroying everything in their path. He went through how Shie had used her powers to destroy countless scores of demons while he hacked and slashed the rest down with his swords. When it came to him describing how he had become trapped in the demon world, he decided to leave it at a pause for a short time, while he took a moment to get a drink, the villagers were listening to his every word, he had never seen so many people listen to him before, it was a little scary.

Sophidian

Shie served who she could and took a seat to listen as well. When he told the tales, it felt like she heard the life of someone else. Someone she'd never met. Even the back of her mind didn't remind her and clue her in that it was her, actually, who had gone through these things.

The people around them stared, some slack-jawed, as Lièrén continued with the tales, explaining what they'd saved the village from. With a smile, she heard the whispered accolades and shook her head.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén looked at Shie when he was taking his break, he was nervous about continuing, he was going to have to talk about his experiences in the demon world next and he wasn't completely sure he was ready to talk about it, but he guessed it had to happen sooner or later. Clearing his throat, he stood again and held his hand up for silence when there was a round of applause from the crowd.

He cleared his throat and thought for a minute, then launced into how he had come to be stuck in the demon world, how he had broken the gate on their side, closing the tear in the world and making the world safe from the demons, how he had then had to run for hours, killing demons all the way, till he could find a safe spot, when the gate had collapsed, it had sent and energy ripple through the demon world, sending hundreds of demons into a wild frenzy, hunting down the human that was trapped on their side, making a sport of him.

Pretty soon Lièrén had come to the domain of the demon lord, he described how he travelled through the huge building made of bones and flesh, how he had gone through many demons to reach the dreaded lord within. How once he had gotten to the demonic tyrant, he had to fight for his life against a being that was miles stronger than himself, how he prevailed through trickery, mainly the use of the old distraction technique, fighting dirty the same way the demon did, winning and being granted the chance to come home, how his soul had been burnt with demon fire so he could command fire any way he wished, how the demon lord had vowed to get revenge and destroy the world.

When Lièrén finished, he bowed to the crowd of slack jawed villagers, then he went and sat down next to Shie, feeling tired and in need of a drink.

"So how did I do? Think they liked it"

Speaking with slight sarcasm, he had to try and hide a little bit as even though the villagers had begun talking to one another again, it was mainly about him, how he and Shie had gone through the mountains, speculating about his time in the demon world, occasionally looking and pointing to him when they were making a point, pretty soon he was sure he would be promoted to a village God or something, maybe telling the stories wasn't such a good idea after all.

Sophidian

Shie shut her mouth as well, that being the first time she heard about the demon plane. She tried to give him a smile, but her concern was too great. Shivering at the thought, she took his hand and squeezed it.

"I had no idea it was so bad... Why didn't you tell me?" She took his hand in both of hers. "It's...it's horrible!"

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén shrugged and looked down at the table

"I didn't want to talk about it, I barely scratched the surface, it is just a living hell hole over there, seriously, demons torture each other for the sake of doing it, they just tear each other limb from limb and parade around like psychopaths, I didn't sleep for months because I was constantly hunted, because I was the only human in that entire world, every demon a thousand miles away could smell my blood and wanted it"

He shuddered and downed three rounds of sake before he felt he could talk about anymore.

"It was pure hell, I still have nightmares about it, but I don't see anything because it's just too horrible and I didn't want anyone to even come close to experiencing it, it felt a little better talking about it as if it were a story, I am glad i've got it out of the way now"

Sophidian

"I won't ever ask you to tell me stories about it. Just hearing them makes my heart skip beats." She took a glass of sake herself and sipped at it.

"Weren't there any good stories you could tell? Ones without the blood and demons and those sorts of things?"

-- Anton Chekhov