One-on-One: Hunter Phoenix and Sophidian

Started by Sophidian, August 12, 2010, 05:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophidian

Shie came forward, watching him jump. Her entire hands were blue now, fingers splayed out as she neared the water. The dragon wouldn't hurt her; not while she was like this. All she had to do was touch it. She didn't know why, she didn't know for who, but her body edged her along, begging for her to touch the water.
Ons & Offs -- Searching for RPers -- A & As (September)

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén landed on the back of the dragon, unaware of what Shie was doing. He sliced at the dragons massive wings and severed them enough to stop the monster from taking off, at least for now.

He then sank the blades into the dragons back and pulled down, they cut upen large gashes and blood welled up, but when he moved to take the swords out, they stayed in the creature; they were stuck fast.

"Damn it"

He unsheafed the two on his waist and jumped down off the dragon. He faced it, it was now weary of him, it roared at him and spat a fireball at him, which he took in his stride, being covered in fire meant he could not be harmed by the dragons fire, he thought he had removed one of the beasts strengths, but boy was he wrong for the next second he was being blasted backwards by a blaze of blue fire.

"Well that was different" He muttered to himself.

Standing back up slowly; he was a little winded, he faced the dragon again, dropping the sword in his right hand as pain shot up it and into his shoulder, looking at the arm it was soaked with blood that was pumping out of the open wound in his shoulder where his collar bone was sticking through.
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Sophidian

She watched the blue flame, her fingers in the water. The use of such magic - the transfer of one element to another - is well known to be a power only given to those who have spurned the Gods or the Gods themselves. Watching the blue float into the water and swirl around the dragon, all the demonic energy left her.

With a gasp, she came to herself - no odd feelings, no awkward thoughts that drive her body to do what she doesn't wish. She scrambled back, staring up at the dragon, unable to say any words.

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén was about to sort his arm out with some healing fire when he saw the blue energy from Shie fly into the dragon.

"Oh this cannot be good, not good at all"

He took a couple of steps forward.

"Is that you, you demonic piece of crap? Speak, if you can"

He was in no mood to be messed with, if the demon was in the dragon, this added another level to the fight, a level he was not prepared for.

"Indeed it is Lièrén, you cannot win now, you have awoken the dragon and I have taken command of it's mind and body, I thank you for releasing me from my old body, now it is time for you to die

Another spurt of blue fire shot at Lièrén but this time he was ready, leaping high on more fire, he quickly healed his shoulder with his own magic and drew another sword, then he landed on the ground in a roll and came out of it running. He threw one sword at the dragon but it clanged pathetically off its scales. He cursed and picked up speed, covering his body in fire again and launching himself directly at the side of the massive beast, picking his fallen sword off the ground as he did so, he held both swords in front of him like a spear, aiming directly for the side of the belly of the beast.

Sophidian

Shie saw the beast lower his head, teeth wide to eat Lièrén whole. She gasped, finding her ground, standing up. "No! No, stop!" She yanked the beads from her neck, holding them tightly as she prayed. "Please, Gods, please don't let him die. Please give me the power to save him..."

A blinding flash of sunlight struck the water, growing more and more powerful as it neared the dragon's eyes. She held out both of her hands, spreading the fingers, bringing them up. The light followed. The demonic dragon let out a hiss as the light became too strong.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén almost stopped in surprise as the light blinded the dragon, he was shocked that something came in at the last moment and helped him, but he was grateful all the same, he picked up more speed, kicking out more fire and scorching the earth underneath him as he flew directly into the side of the great beast, slashed away inside, hitting it's lungs, heart and then coming directly out of the other side, covered completely in blood from head to foot.

He turned to look at the dragon, hoping he had done enough damage to kill it.

He then looked for the source of the light and was shocked to see Shie stood there, holding her prayer beads, her hands outstretched and the light beaming into the dragons face.

Sophidian

As her prayer beads fell from the broken string, the light intensified. It crawled into the wounds and beneath the dragon's skin began to glow, first in flickering then steady, blistering and bursting through the skin. The blood that leaked from the beast began to crimson the water. Combined with the wound from the swords, the beast tottered, still bursting with light, before crashing into the water.

Shie threw up her hands, barely protecting herself from the mixture of blood and water that splashed over her. The only thing left of her necklace was a single bead. She drew it to her heart and began to thank her creators.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

As the dragon toppled and landed on its side, blood seeping from it and the majority of it's body left, Lièrén walked up to the dragon and lifted it's head so that its last gaze was him.

"I told you I would destroy you if you insisted on messing with me, but not just me, you messed with Shie, the Gods do not like their devoted to be trifled with"

The demon chuckled in a thick sound that brought blood seeping out of it's mouth

"I wanted revenge, it seems that the human spirit is greater than I thought, but no matter, my death will not be in vein, others will come, others stronger than I, one day, you will fall and so will she, you cannot protect her forever and neither can her precious Gods, they are old, they will not help for much longer and then, when the time is right.......all will fall to my kind"

Lièrén smiled grimly

"Let them come, we shall crush any demon who comes our way, no matter what, we shall prevail, this is the human world, our world, our rules"

With that, Lièrén dropped the dragon head on the ground and slashed through its thick neck, severing the beasts neck and killing it completely.

He felt all of the energy drain out of him, his body became normal, he ached, he collapsed on the floor, barely conscious.

Sophidian

Shie walked over, too afraid to run. She wiped the water from her face and knelt down beside Lièrén. She'd heard the demon's voice too.

The men in the village came out to help and she managed to get two of them to carry Lièrén back up to the inn and into his room. She bade them to leave and sat beside him, letting him rest.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

For the next few days, Lièrén flitted through a series of nightmares, unable to wake from them, fighting the dragon, but in his mind it went a different way, it badly injured him, then turned on Shie and killed and ate her before moving on and destroying the village, the demon controlled the dragon using his mind instead of melding with the body of the beast.

The demon walked over to Lièrén and laughed, binding him with magic, the demon made Lièrén watch as the world was slowly destroyed, slowly overrun by demons and other hell spawn. Then at the end of the dream, when all was gone and the world was in ruin, Lièrén was thrown to the demons who shredded him to pieces and played with his body parts.

Jumping awake because of the dream, Lièrén looked around, feeling confused and lost, it took him a minute to realise where he was and then he calmed down, but he was still on edge, believing that the world were going to be overrun by demons.

Sophidian

Shie, who had slept in the bed by his side for days, running the Inn as little as she could, moaned as he woke again. She'd endured his flailing, his moans, his frequent screams that made no sense. That were in a language she couldn't begin to understand.

Now that he was actually awake, she assumed it was another effect of his dream and reached out to push him down. All she wanted was a bit of uninterrupted sleep.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén looked at Shie in confusion, wondering why she was laid next to him when in his dream she had died, then it dawned on him that she was for real and that he was no longer dreaming. He took her hand off his chest and laid it down by her side. She looked extremely tired.

"Please Shie, you sleep, I should probably stay awake for a few hours, otherwise I will only interrupt more of your sleep"

He slid down off the bed and sat beside it, making all the room available for Shie so that she could sleep. When she looked dubious and about to argue, he calmed her with a look.

"Please, for me"

Sophidian

Too exhausted, she simply shrugged and turned onto her other side. She yawned into her hand and curled up, bringing the blanket up to her chin. The dreams she had must have been easy ones because she slept still and without interruption.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén knew that he had to master his dreams so that they would not master him, they were only dreams after all. He had bandages across his chest and his arm was in a sling because when the dragon died, the pain in his arm returned and burned like crazy, even if his shoulder was healed.

"Sleep well Shie"

Lièrén still had his fire powers and would until he died, but he didn't mind, he could use them to help better the village as the black smith. He could also help out with the inn now that he was well enough to stay awake for more than a few seconds at a time.

Dressing, he headed downstairs and out of the inn and towards the river where the battle had taken place, he had memories flash through his mind; the dragon was gone, its body returned to the river where it had dissolved in seconds upon hitting the surface.

Sophidian

Shie slept for a long time before waking, realizing the man wasn't beside her. Thankful that he apparently had healed well enough, she rose and began to clean up the room. Satisfied, she moved downstairs, thanking her help as she went outside.

She watched him at the river for a moment before clearing her throat. "I'm glad to see you awake."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén turned and smiled at Shie.

"It is good to finally be up and about again, although if it hadn't been for you, none of us would be here right now, so I thank you for saving the village once again"

He walked up to her and hugged her gently, his chest was still sore but it was better than it had been, he couldn't use his arm still, it hurt when he moved it so it stayed limp at his side.

"I am sorry for ruining your sleep earlier, but I am glad you managed to get a good sleep in the end"

He turned back around and looked at the river again, not a single sign of the battle was present, even on the ground, fresh grass had removed the old which had been stained with blood and flesh from the dragon, the river was as clean as it had ever been, not a single red spot in its gleaming surface.

"What happened after the fight, I don't remember anything"

Sophidian

Shie accepted the hug before setting him away. She knew how much he hurt. "You collapsed. I imagine the strain was too much for you." She stroked a hand down his cheek, watching his face for any extra signs of pain. "You were having nightmares, but you seem fine now. I want the doctor to check on you now that you can talk, though."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén enjoyed the feel of Shies hand on his face, he wanted to kiss her and hold her, but she was right, he had to see the doctor first, then they could get back to normal life.

"It sounds like a plan, when do you want me to see him? We could go now if you like, or if you want to spend some time down here and relax a little first, we could do that"

He had ruined most of her sleep over the past few days with his nightmares and shouting in his sleep, he wanted to make that up to her somehow, he had a million ideas of how it could be achieved, but first he just wanted to spend time with her, he had missed her in those nightmare filled worlds, it felt so real, it might as well have been torture.

Sophidian

"Doctor first. Then we can see what you can handle." Shie sighed and began to walk down toward the village. "The man finally got some help. One of the boys in the village wanted to save lives too, but without losing his own." She shot a look at him from over her shoulder. "Unlike some other men I know."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén smiled at the look he recieved from Shie.

"I know I am reckless in what I do, it is who I am, I will take more care from now on though, maybe when I have healed up I could be the black smith and occasionally be on guard duty if you wish"

He didn't like being scolded by Shie, it made him feel like he had done something wrong.

"I'm sorry, I won't do something stupid again, I promise, I just did what I thought was right at the time"

He hung his head in shame.

Sophidian

"It wasn't stupid." She shrugged. "It was necessary. It still scared me."

She stopped before the doctor and turned to him, seeing his face. "Stop that. I don't remember what happened through most of it but... I have a feeling you must have saved a lot of lives."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén looked up at her and smiled a little

"Well, the demon did threaten to kill you and the entire village....and the rest of the world after that, whilst making me watch, so I think I had to do what I did, otherwise we would all be dead right about now"

He was a little proud that he had saved the world.

"But in all fairness, I couldn't have done it without you, you saved me from being eaten by that massive monster, so in all honesty, I started something, your the one who just saved the world"

Sophidian

"No, no." She shook her head, blushing at the thought. "I just did whatever the Gods wanted me to. They saved us again." Pushing the doctor's door open, she entered the small building and called for the older man. He came out, inquiring about what the 'little lady' could need.

"Lièrén's woken up. Could you look him over?"

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén sat down in the doctors seat and waited to be examined.

"I guess you are right Shie, we are just carrying out the devine will of The Gods, I will still be more careful though"

He held his arm up so that the doctor could look him over, he couldn't really hold up his bad arm, as he was suspicious it had not healed properly and so would not work properly without hurting him.

"So how am I looking doc, ready for more action?"

Sophidian

The old man watched him for a moment before turning to Shie, speaking quietly. She nodded after a moment, then sighed and turned to Lièrén. "You can't work in the blacksmith until your arm gets better. He's afraid that you've torn something vital. If that happened, you'll never have full use of it again."

Shie walked over, sitting beside him. "We can find some easier tasks for you."

-- Anton Chekhov