One-on-One: Hunter Phoenix and Sophidian

Started by Sophidian, August 12, 2010, 05:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophidian

Finishing her work, she started up the stairs with both bowls. Almost afraid to see him, she checked her room first. Not seeing him, she closed her door and started to make her way down to his room.

"Lièrén? Are you in there?"
Ons & Offs -- Searching for RPers -- A & As (September)

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén sat back up, crashing back down to earth with a sharp halt, he almost fell off his bed. Sitting up properly he managed to look at least a little casual and normal again.

"Yeah, I'm right where you left me"

He stood up and walked to his door, almost walking into Shie as he walked out, he backed up.

"Sorry bout that, let me help you with this"

He took the tray out of her hands and placed it down on the bed, he motioned for her to join him on it.

"This looks delicious, thank you"

He picked up a bowl and took a mouthful, it was the best he had ever tasted.

"This is fantastic, you are really gifted, how did you get it tasting so good, this is so much better than what I managed"
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Sophidian

"Years of cooking for me and my father." She smiled, sitting across from him as she ate as well. "You get better after awhile. Now I'm sure that you'll get better with work."

She finished the bowl and put the plates back on the tray.

"Plans today?"

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén shrugged

"I don't really know, I want to get started on the hut out by the river so that I can keep the village safe, but at the same time I don't want to distance myself so much even though I will only be a few minutes away"

He sighed and looked at Shie

"I don't want to be so distant from you, even if you visit every day, I think I may just sleep out by the river every night instead of live out there"

He thought for a minute

"I suppose I should go to the smithy before people come hunting me down shouldn't I"

Sophidian

"You do realize that you have a room here to come to." She motioned around the room before smiling. "And maybe they'll hunt you down, but I doubt it. They care for you too much."

She rose anyway. "But go. I'll be here. And I'll be fine. Trust me."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded

"Then I shall spend most nights here, but I will have to keep an eye on the river at times too, it will soon rise up as a dragon, a time I aren't really looking forward too, but we have time yet"

He stood with her and took her hand in his as they walked along the hallway.

"What plans do you have for the day?"

Sophidian

She shrugged. "I think we should go investigate the river. Maybe there's some sort of hint as to it changing?"

She stepped down the stairs and glanced up at him. He really was quite handsome. "A portal or something."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

He didn't have the faintest clue what to look for, he would know more when they got there.

"I don't really know, maybe, we shall soon see when we get there, maybe there will be some change in the colour of the river or something"

He looked at her as she looked at him, she was really beautiful. He looked back ahead of him and they walked out of the inn, hand in hand, which attracted many looks from the villagers but he paid no heed and kept on walking.

"I'm currently thinking that the river will slowly change colour, will stop flowing and will slowly become more solid, unless the dragon is actually hidden under the river and is slowly awakening from a long slumber, once again, this is only speculation"

They reached the river, letting go of Shies hand, he knelt down and put his hand into the icy cold water, it felt no different and he sensed nothing, there was no change in colour and it was flowing as rapidly as ever.

"It looks to me that the dragon is possible lying on the riverbed, slowly awakening from its sleep, there is no change here in the water itself"

Lièrén then stood back up and walked over to Shie.

"This is most strange, why would a demon want to stage a battle right here, yeah it is out in the open so he has the advantage, but other than wanting to kill me, I do not see the point in him coming here, he could have simply taken my soul and that would have been the end of it, there is something else happening here that we aren't quite seeing yet and it is beginning to bug me a little"

Sophidian

"Unless the dragon has some other power..." She shrugged and knelt down by the water, letting it play around her fingers. "Or unless he wants to do more damage than just your soul. There are a lot of people here, you know." She glanced up at him, trying to hide her fear.

"What if... What if he just wants to destroy the village?"

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

"If he even makes a move towards the village, I will destroy him once and for all, which is what I plan on doing anyway, he won't step foot in the village if I have anything to say about it"

He looked back at the river.

"He won't do any damage to anyone while I am around, I beat him once, I can do it again, whether he has a dragon with him or not"

Lièrén curled his hand up into a fist and it glowed bright red before bursting into flame, he could control his powers a lot more than he could when he first gained them, he would use them to destroy anything that sought to harm him or the village he loved, he would stop at nothing to keep Shie safe.

"Trust me on this one, nothing will stop us from being together"

He looked at Shie, he was scared, but he couldn't show it, he had to be brave, for her.

Sophidian

Watching as the fire on his hand burned without hurting him, she nodded once. "I believe you. And I do trust you." Wiping her hand on her skirt, she stood. "I'm sure the village will be fine and well protected now that you're here."

She walked toward him, thinking for a moment about the powers she'd lost. If she still had them, she could probably help more...

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded and put the fire out with his mind.

"Do you miss them? Your powers"

She really was the most beautiful woman he had ever met, his heart was beating like crazy once again, just because they were so close to one another.

"Shie.....I....."

He couldn't get the words out, he didn't want to say them and yet he felt like he should, just incase they didn't make it through the ordeal they were going to be facing.

Sophidian

"I do, but it's a relief to have them gone as well."

Shie nodded before gazing up at him. He looked almost frightened. "What's wrong, Lièrén? You look..." Unable to find the word, she twirled her hand in the air.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén swallowed and looked at Shie.

"Well.....I want to say something, but I don't know if I should"

He was nervous and his hands were now sweating, he hadn't felt like this in many years, he was surprised he could even feel like this after so long in the demon world, he was happy that he could feel, but scared that he would say something too soon and scare her away.

"What I mean to say is.....I.....I love you"

There, he had said it, he was scared now incase Shie ran off and left him standing there.

Sophidian

Her heart stopped, skipped a beat, then went back to normal as she stared at him. She knew she should say something - say anything - but her tongue was glued to the roof of her mouth. Her hands shook a bit as she folded them before herself.

Forcing her tongue loose, she managed to just ask, "Really?"

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded, looking quite serious.

"Really, I have been more serious in my life"

He smiled to her nervously.

Sophidian

"Oh." She stared at the ground for a moment, fighting back the tears of joy. "Well, I...I'm very glad. I...I love you too, Lièrén."

Sniffling once, then twice, she brought her eyes back to him, red-rimmed now. "I have for a long time now."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén moved closer to her and placed his hands around her waist.

"And I have loved you for a long time too"

He then leaned down and kissed her properly, fully on the lips, not breaking contact immediatly, but letting the kiss go on.

Sophidian

Shie let the kiss linger for a few moments, squeezing his arms as she stepped closer into their embrace. It seemed like she'd never breathe again until she drew away, gasping in air. "Oh... It's never been that amazing."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén was breathing heavily as well as they broke out from the kiss.

"Wow....that was really something"

He breathed in a few more breaths and then he kissed her again, not wanting it to end, he was completely happy now. He wrapped his arms completely around Shie's waist and held her gently as they kissed again, his heart felt like it were going to explode out of his chest.

He pulled away again after a short time and let go of Shie.

"Wow..what would you like to do now? There isn't really much we can do by the river now, unless you want to just lie down with me and relax? You have been working really hard the past couple of days"

He was about to sit down on the grass when he heard yelling coming from the village, he looked around alarmed and instead saw a villager running towards him with a broken tool in his hands.

"Awwww damn, looks like work beckons"

Sophidian

"Go," she said, sitting anyway. "I'll be here when you get back." She waved him off and rested back.

As she reclined, she watched rippling water. It moved, almost trance-like in its dance, to and fro as if something swam under it.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén ran up to the villager and then led him back to the smithy, taking the wrecked tool from the villager, he inspected it then found a piece of metal to work with, heating his hands up, he shaped the new metal into the broken tool and made it stronger by welding another piece of metal to it.

"There you go my friend, it won't break on you anymore"

With that, he was soon running back down to the river and sitting beside Shie, he was a little out of breath.

"Hello again beautiful, that was easy, now where were we?"

He sat closer to her and kissed her on the forehead.

"Is it just me or is that water rippling a bit more than normal?"

He looked at the river, which did indeed look like there were more ripples on the surface than normal.

Sophidian

Shie didn't answer. Her eyes and her body faced the river, watching the constant undulation. She tilted her head to the side after the kiss, sight never wavering. She made no noise, lost in her own thoughts as she was, dreaming of dragons and demons and that familiar high-pitched cackle that had interrupted her in the hallway of her inn.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Looking at Shie as she didn't respond, Lièrén felt a little nervous and worried.

"Shie, are you ok? Your acting strange again, almost the same as you did when I found you in the hallway the other day"

He waved a hand in front of her eyes, hoping it would snap her out of her trance.

Sophidian

Shie didn't move, nor snap out of here trance. She instead moved forward, fingers dipped into the water. Her hands, the ones that had lost their power, slowly glowed blue. It traveled up her arms, under her sleeves and began to collar around her neck.

-- Anton Chekhov