One-on-One: Hunter Phoenix and Sophidian

Started by Sophidian, August 12, 2010, 05:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophidian

"Very well." She pushed herself up, stretching out her legs as she sat. "And if someone saw us, I'm sure we'd hear about it in town. The biggest gossips are small town people." She stood fully, stretching out her arms. "Aaaah..."
Ons & Offs -- Searching for RPers -- A & As (September)

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén sat up and stretched his arms out and smiled when his back clicked in several places as did his shoulders.

"That feels better, I'm glad you slept well, so did I"

He stood up and stretched again, he felt good, like he could get plenty of work done.

"Shall we go and get some breakfast? My treat"

He held his hand out for Shie so that he could help her up.
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Sophidian

She took his hand and nodded. "Yes. I would very much like some breakfast." She touched her stomach lightly. "I feel like I haven't eaten in days."

She ran both hands through her hair, trying to make it a bit more presentable.

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén smiled to her and they walked back to the inn, he headed to the kitchen and started cooking breakfast for him and Shie.

"Is there anything you would like to request specifically for your breakfast? Eggs maybe, some toast, maybe some sweet and sour chicken, I can make a stir fry if you wish, which is a little different for a breakfast but it offers enough energy to get you through the day"

He was smiling, it had been a long time since he had cooked for anyone.

Sophidian

"Oh! Some fried rice would be delicious, actually. With lots of egg." She sat on the counter, her feet dangling as she felt relieved at not having to cook breakfast. "I've a taste for eggs."

She handed over the ingredients while she sat, unable to sit idly by at all. She smiled at the sight of him cooking for her.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

"Anything for you"

He smiled and took the ingrediants from her as she passed them over and then he got to work, it was quick and simple and soon he was serving up two bowls of egg fried rice.

"I hope it tastes ok for you, I put extra egg in like you requested"

He ate a mouthful.

"This is quite good actually, good call on the extra egg"

Sophidian

"Father used to tell me that I was crazy for liking so much egg." She smiled as she ate, not feeling sad at the fact that her father was gone. In fact, she knew that it was better for him than what was undoubtedly to come. "I usually had to make two dishes - one for me and one for him - just so we would both be happy."

"But," she continued, "I guess that means we're destined to be friends, since we both enjoy it."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

He nodded and continued to eat for a minute

"I am glad we are friends, I was tired of being alone on the road"

He placed his bowl on the table and sighed happily

"Your a great friend Shie, the best I have ever known in my life and I am thankful that the Gods brought us together in this huge world"

Sophidian

She smiled, finishing her bowl as well. "Yes. Me too. Even if it's under such...dire circumstances." Swiping his bowl before he could object, she brought them to the basin and began to wash.

"I'm going to check on the walls later. They're always in need of constant maintenance."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén smiled and watched her as she washed up the bowls.

"Would you like me to accompany you while you inspect the walls? Or shall I stay in the black smithery and keep working like a good boy?"

He was being sarcastic, of course he would walk with her while she inspected the walls, he could probably get through an entire days worth of smithing in a morning with his new fire powers, it would be easier to heat the metal and cool it and he wouldn't have to keep reheating a fire either.

Sophidian

Shie shoved his shoulder as she came back over. "You stop that! You're ridiculous." She smiled anyway, making her way out of the inn. The workers, kept on because she would need the help, were told to watch over the place as she did her inspection. She could have laughed at their faces upon seeing the man following her.

"It seems my reputation as unavailable has been changed."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded and smiled inwardly

"That does rather seem to be the case doesn't it, maybe we were spotted after all"

He followed Shie around as she did her inspections and then once she was done, he felt it was time to invest his time in some smithing for people.

"I guess I cannot hold it off any longer, I need to get to the black smithery to do some work, I'm sure people will need some sort of tool making for them"

He then walked to the smithy and started working, as people came asking for tools and such to be repaired or made, he set to work, smiling when he saw their astonished faces as he heated the metal with his bare hands and soon had the equipment they required ready for them, he kept on going for a good few hours, not even working up a sweat. Soon it was getting late into the afternoon and early into the evening and he decided to stop for the day.

Heading to the inn, he smiled to Shie as he entered before the rest of the villagers, who seemed happy to be as drunk as always, he was surprised any work got done around the place.

"Good evening sweet lady, how are you?"

He addressed Shie with a posh voice, smiling like crazy as he did so.

Sophidian

The voice made her start before she looked up at him. Smiling, she shook her head. "Working like a dog. All of the men are so happy to see you back that they thought they'd give me all their gold." She motions to the fires before her and piles of plates.

"Of course, I could be persuaded to serve you as well... Go get a seat."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén laughed and took a tray of Sake from her

"I aren't doing any drinking anymore, it's bad for you in the long run and as we both know, I need a clear head as it is, so I'm going to serve drinks, you can take a seat and have a few though, you have been working hard as ever and deserve to relax"

He then took off serving drinks and passed one to Shie as well, smiling to her.

"Enjoy, its your night off"

Sophidian

Shie sat, taking a drink as the men around her begin to prod her with their elbows. Questions of when she's getting married makes her blush to the point that she sucks down her sake to hide her face.

She takes a plate of food offered to her and begins to eat. "If someone asks again, I will probably have to close the inn in embarrassment..."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén laughs a little as he serves Shie her food and another drink, then he addresses the inn

"Now now guys, there is no marraige going on here for the foreseeable future ok, so please stop pestering the good lady with questions and enjoy your drinks, this next round is on me ok?"

There were cheers at that and he whizzed around serving everyone and refilling cups as often as he needed too, he was soon getting back into the swing of waiting on people and he was having a laugh as well, he would frequently walk past Shie and ask if she would like another drink and then he would be off again serving everyone.

Sophidian

Shie finished her third drink before standing, taking the plates from the tables and starting to clean. "You don't have to do everything, Lièrén! Please, relax. Let the men entertain you. I'm encroaching on their conversation." She gave him a smile and brought out the desserts, laying them down the table as a thank you for all the good patronage.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén sat down and yawned a little, he was instantly approached by about four or five men and bombarded with questions about where he had been for the past few months, he launched into his story begrudgingly, he didn't really want to tell it but they were all eager and soon he had the entire inn listening as he told them about the demons he had slain, the strange world he had been in and most importantly of all, how he got back.

He eventually looked up at Shie, he was running out of story and they were both getting tired.

Sophidian

"Alright, alright. Leave Lièrén be and let him get some sleep." She waved them out. "Besides, it's nearing the demon's hour and you'll find yourself eaten by them on your way home." She smiled, showing that she was joking, but the men now ran a little faster. Once the last one left, she let her shoulders droop.

"I wasn't sure they'd ever leave..."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén laughed and stood up, stretching.

"I'm surprised they didn't all grab their swords and ask me to protect them, according to them I am some sort of hero, although I don't agree with that at all"

He yawned again and looked at Shie sleepily.

"Would you like to accompany me for another walk down to the river? Or are you sleeping indoors tonight?"

Sophidian

"I think another night on the river would ruin my back." She smiled and leaned back against the counter. "You're... You're more than welcome to stay in my room tonight, if you wanted to sleep beside me." She made sure her face was hidden by her hair. "If you wanted, of course."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén's face flushed bright red and he had to look down quickly.

"errr.....er....ye....yeah ok, if that's ok with you, I would like that"

It took him a while to get his words out and he was blushing like crazy, he took a deep breath in and out and then looked back up at Shie.

"I'm ready to go when you are, would youl like me to clean up a little before we go up?"

There were Sake cups on every table as well as a lot of bowls from where people had eaten while they had happily drank themselves into oblivion.

Sophidian

"I'll clean." She shook her head a bit, breathing shallowly. "You just...get ready for bed." Shie managed to give him a smile before busying herself in her work. Her hands shook a bit, the plates rattling, as she put them away or cleaned them up.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

He smiled and then piled up a load of cups and bowls first

"I'll put these through first, if we just pile it all up, I'll clear it away in the morning for you"

He put the bowls and cups in a neat pile and then headed upstairs like he had been told too, he changed into his nightwear in his room and then headed over to Shie's room and laid down on the bed, waiting for her to come up.

Sophidian

Shie spent a few moments down there, shaking out her nerves. "Stop this," she whispered to herself. "He's just a man. Yes, you care for him, so this is fine. This is natural. It's just sharing a bed." She wiped her hands off on her towel before taking the apron off.

She came up the stairs, shivering before opening her door. Seeing Lièrén, she gave him a small smile. "Comfortable?"

-- Anton Chekhov