Ahoy me matey

Started by rouwdy, October 08, 2010, 01:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rouwdy

We be of in de dingy in 14 hour. Fel free to jump en bourd any time but ar you not anbourd whan we be gone you be the enamy. Me an me crew be on an adventure to fin de treasure. Wat is te  treasure?

Kendra

Destiny Chace lined the quay with the other forty or fifty crew members looking for a boat to hire them. Her raven hair was cropped short purposefully and her ample bosom fastened down beneath a cloth under her shirt. Her slender frame looked almost boyish and her face was so pixie like that with her hair cropped so short, she was easily mistaken for a boy. She needed away from this place, from the confines of her upbringing. Her 18th birthday was fast approaching and her father had plans to wed her off to literally the highest bidder, not caring at all for his daughters peace of mind. She had run and kept on running until she had heard about the boats in the harbour taking on various crews. The list had been endless and knowing nothing about boats she thought the most she could hope for would be a galley hand, working along side the cook. It was the position she was applying for at any rate under the name of Chace Beakner. Using both her fathers and mothers surnames she figured she could not go wrong and would easily answer to them if they were called out. Josteled and pushed about as filthy lecherous knaves loitered about waiting for the captain, she felt the tremors in her stomach and knowing that the awful smell of the men about her was making her nauseous she tried desperately to stem the feeling.

LucianLuna

Lucian spotted the crowd on the dock and decided to investigate, maybe it would lead to some kind of work. The 19 year old walked over to everyone else and looked at all the ships lining the dock and hoped he'd get hired by one of them. He had on some rather worn black pants and wasn't wearing shoes or a shirt. The pants were the only things he owned since he ran away from home. He had found it rather rough out on the streets and had quickly ran out of what money he did have so was desperately looking for a job. His ice blue eyes scanned the crowd. His blonde hair was shoulder length since it hadn't been cut for awhile and he was a little underweight since he hadn't eaten anything for several days now. He spoted someone that appeared to be close to his age and assumed they were another boy running from home. So he wasn't the only one, that made him feel a little better as he waited to be hired.

rouwdy

Captian Confalt looked around at all the men looking for work. He wanted the right mix. He had just got a new ship after his old crew pulled a coup and stole his last ship off him. He still managed to keep the treausre map though. He chuckled to himself as he tryed to imagine their faces when they realised they didn't have it. Still he now knew he needed someone to watch his back. He had very nearly lost one of his legs and it had taken almost a year to get almost full controll back out of it. He looked out in the crowd and saw a boy that wasn't the typical stocky sailor had looked like he had slight female like features. The captian thought straight away he could work out a I scratch yours you scratch mine deal. Then he saw another young lad who looked like he needed a good feed and some new clothes and thought if I look after him he'll look after me. He started over on his way to the two lads and picked five other guys to go on the way. Basic muscle power. He got to were the two young lads were standing and said "we be leaving now that me ship over thar you want te come arboard follow me". With that he walked of and onto his ship.

Kendra

Chace watched again as others seemed to congregate and wondering at the reason why soon saw the captain of the vessel approaching. Standing up as straight as possible and wanting to look fiercer than she felt, Chace hoped her disguise came off well. There was enough rubbed in dirt smeared across her face and hands to sanction her as a hard worker and when the man himself approached she grinned, delighted to be hired.
"Aye Capt'n" her voice was naturally husky which she was now glad of, following the captain up the plank she looked back at the other boy and then had one last look before standing on the deck of the ship.

LucianLuna

Lucian looked from the crowd and over to the man that was aproaching. A small smile came to his face when the man mentioned he was hired. "Aye aye, Capt'n." He followed the man to the ship, looking the others that were with him over as he followed behind. he walked up the plank and onto the ship before looking back at the place he was leaving. his family haadn't found him and he was aboard the ship now. He didn't have to ever worry about tham again. He started to walk aorund the upper deck and looked over the ship while keeping an eye on the captain.