Onimusha; They Shall Rise OOC/Interest check

Started by Vergil1989, May 18, 2010, 02:11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil1989

Forgive me since this is my first RP on this site. Also, this was a work in progress when I put it up on RPG Forums and so far it has gotten no replies but plenty of views since I put it up.

"One has fallen, without realizing the final hope. One has fallen clinging to his fate. One has fallen leaving the fate of the future to his companions. History is riddled with the waves of destruction and rebirth. These waves roll onward far into the future. Much has been destroyed. Many have perished."

This tale that is about to be unveiled shall be forever etched into our history so that past sins are not repeated...

That is what the inscription on the 'Genma Stone' said anyway when it was unearthed, along with hundreds of skeleton remains in a dig deep in the forests and jungles of Africa. It told of the legend of the Oni and how they would rise again when the world was thrown into chaos by the rise of their most hated enemies, the Genma. Both races have been at war for countless years, the Genma always striking first against the humans they see nothing more as slaves and food for their ever growing legions of followers. The Oni artifacts, mixed in with the fallen warriors of their order were taken to American shores to be studied for many years. A dark orb was also uncovered within the Genma Stone that bore the legend, and it was soon discovered that it was a key to the Genma's release. The lab it was stored away in after the discovery was made was broken into and the dark orb stolen. It is appearant that another Genma War is on the rise, but when it will begin and who will be there to stop it is unknown.

There's a couple of military branches and R and D divisions in the government that study such artifacts as the Oni and the Genma to better understand how they operate. If you're an agent of said branch, I'll go for that but for the most part what I want to worry about is the Genma and the Oni fights.

Onimusha are humans on the outside, but given the right trigger and enough power stored away, they can become so much more powerful than any force of nature this side of the divide. Most true Oni that I know of glow like a light bulb and have power arcing across their bodies, matching whatever element they are based on. Their faces become pale and their eyes glow and become uniform pits. Some become wild animals in their attacks while others become still and calm, both attacking with lightning quick movements that the enemy takes a few seconds to realize had ever found the mark more times than not. Only three CS Sheets will I take in this category.

Humans that come into possession of some magical power or weapon will be able to fight the Genma, but I'll only allow one such person, or two at the most that fit this category.

Pure Genma are evil, through and through. It has been recorded though that a few people born of such darkness have powers rivaling that of the Oni, and a few of these rare people have fought with the Oni against their own kind. Genma half breeds are human in nature, and very rarely do they look anything other than human except when they fight at full strength. The power they wield and said transformation, if they do transform at all, varies from person to person and how they fight as well. Genma Lords however, are an entire different breed of monster. Most Genma are soldiers to be used by the more powerful members, but the Lords are the rulers and the 'Gods' of the dark legion. Only one Lord will I allow to control the others as they see fit, and at least two lower level Genma bad guys under said demon commander. As for half breeds, two to four at the most.

I'll be adding a couple of pics and vids to illustrate what's what. For now this is what I have so far since my idea formed in my twisted little mind the other day lol. I hope this gets a lot of interest and we can kick off with a bang my arrival here. While I am on the subject, here is my own CS Sheet I created for this OOC today.

Name; Tenkai Nankobo
Gender; Male
Race; Long lived human
Occupation; Wandering wise man and chief researcher to what he would call Oni Labs.
Appearance;
Weapon of Choice and its base element; Ice
Fighting Style; Staff, (unsure of style.)
Personality; Tenkai Nankobo is a wise and strong warrior. Throughout his eternally long life, forever gifted to walk the Earth as long as he is needed, Tenkai guides others with a gentle yet firm hand when need arises for the Oni clan to walk again.
Bio; Having come to America around the time its conception, Tenkai has watched from the shadows the beginnings of the fledgling country. While the world changed, Tenkai remained the same, blending into the modern day era as he gained new knowledge and experience as the years passed by. Modern day New York, and Tenkai has found his way into what he would call Oni Labs, the center of where all the Oni weapons, armor, and other artifacts are studied, but never without him present since most of said artifacts have not lost any of their power despite the years of being buried and forgotten.

As I promised, here's a video of the first half hour of the first game, detailing much of what the old wars were like.  Nobunaga Oda and his army marching upon the land, first as a human before becoming the monster that is known as the first terrible Genma Lord.

Genma Onimusha 01 Opening and Gameplay

Here's also a picture of the first recorded Onimusha standing against the dark lord during the events of number 3.

Anyway, for those that are still leery about all this, know that while it is set in modern times and the history is slightly distorted by the wars between these two people, I won't be asking you to know about it all.  I only wish that you enjoy this RP for what I hope it shall become.  Questions, concerns, and the like you can PM me or post here, whatever works.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Vergil1989

Here's a bit of history I've been working on for the G and O Labs.

Created shortly after the Great Depression had worn off, G and O Labs started simply when Tenkai found an abandoned site while on his many wanderings through the ever changing world. He felt that the place would be important in the future, and immediately set to work to securing the rights and permits he would need to make his dream a reality. Having invested what little money he had when he had first came to America over the years, he had more than enough to do whatever he wished by this time, even after the great fall when tensions were at their highest point. Construction began shortly before the second great war, and it was with Tenkai's genius that helped fund the research into the atom bomb that would be later used against Japan in both of its major cities, Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The Manhattan Project was not what he had in mind however, but rather he helped get the process started by trying to figure a way to get clean energy by pointing the true man behind the equation in the right direction, nothing more. That was his first mistake, and Tenkai has tried to do what he can to repair the damage ever since. The second came later, twenty years later when a small outbreak of Genma occurred in the lab due to insufficient security despite repeated requests for more funding to our nation's government. The president at the time thought it a bunch of hogwash what he and others were trying to do, and found out the hard way when a dozen simple drones got out and started attacking everyone they saw. Thankfully the incident was small and the mess cleaned up relatively quickly, and Tenkai got the money he needed, as well as assurances that his research would be one of the most closely guarded secrets next to Roswell and the assassination of JFK. Many of today's inventions were thanks to the wandering priest and wise man and those that have worked with the kind and compassionate warrior, but the secrets kept behind G and O Labs are still there, among the 300 floors of titanium reinforced doors and the most sophisticated security and magical defenses that anyone could ever imagine.

The labs is just a setting for Tenkai and whoever else wants to start in New York.  You don't have to start out here, but you will have to find a way to get here when the Genma start popping up.

Genma Research notes, straight from Tenkai's personal computer....

It has been recorded and I have seen hundreds of variations on the same. Genma are able to adapt as surely as we can, assimilating technology as they see fit to do so and given enough help from the smarter of the Genma warlords. Gilderstern was one such example; a Genma scientist that was as mad as they came. During the events of the time fold that no one thankfully remembers except two people who I shall not record here as requested when I last saw them years ago, the Genma were seen with modern day body armor and weapons welded onto their bodies or fused into them in some way. Five hundred years ago and the same could be said for the giant mecha warriors that were sent against Soki and the others. It would not surprise me to find that if another war started today to see Genma Tanks of the like that only the first Onimusha had seen during the first wars between our two peoples, with plenty of weaponry from our time to lay waste to whole city blocks. It is my fear that such an event, despite all the breakthroughs we've had, would push humanity to the brink of extinction. For now, I pray daily to the Oni Gods that such a catastrophe is not allowed to repeat itself as it did five hundred years ago.

As I've said before, I won't get bent out of shape if it's not canon, so don't worry about that my friends.  However, I won't allow someone to go bare handed against the Genma either.  Weapons are required, as are elements attached to them and you as well.  If you want to fight with metal gloves, go for it, but no bare handed punching or kicking is all I ask.  I had someone else try that on RolePlayGateway and I wouldn't go for it there, so don't try it here is all I ask.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Vergil1989

I will be moving this over to the mature sections if I get approved in the next day or so, if not tonight though I doubt that highly lol.  Still, one can only hope right?  Anyway, until then, I wish to see a few people at least post here regardless if you don't mind so at least I know if this will go anywhere or not.  See ya for now and may we all get approved before too long.  I'm getting excited myself lol.