English MP's back and vote in favor of Gay marraige bill

Started by Silk, February 06, 2013, 04:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silk

and a good portion that had opposed it were on the grounds of legal backlash's over adultery definitions and alike, either way it's a good day to be British as we are on the verge of having outright same sex couples applicable for marriage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21346220

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21325702

Thesunmaid

If gay marriage affects someone else hetero marriage then perhaps they should think they have more problems then gay people wanting the same rights as straight people. Good on them for voting in favor of this. :)
Some mornings its just not worth chewing through the leather straps.
Current Status for posts: Caught up (holy shit) Current Status for RP:looking for a few

Ephiral

Welcome to the modern world, England. Good to have you aboard.

I wonder if this means that the riots and anarchy that gay marriage caused here in Canada will end?

Rhapsody

Quote from: Ephiral on February 23, 2013, 09:28:58 PM
Welcome to the modern world, England. Good to have you aboard.

I wonder if this means that the riots and anarchy that gay marriage caused here in Canada will end?

Between gay marriage, and decriminalized prostitution and decriminalized personal weed, and state-run health care, our society is just a-crumblin' around our ears here.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Ephiral

That is actually a straight-faced argument advanced by the British Coalition for Marriage (check Youtube for "Marriage Minutes #05: Free speech"). It has come to this.

Hades

Quote from: Rhapsody on February 24, 2013, 06:13:55 PM
Between gay marriage, and decriminalized prostitution and decriminalized personal weed, and state-run health care, our society is just a-crumblin' around our ears here.

And yet despite all that a-crumblin' going on, I'm still planning to come visit later in the year.  Maybe I can help save you from yourselves, with a bit of 'merica-ism injected into things. *Flexes, and then ducks for cover*

But yes, I'm glad to hear that yet another country in the world has joined the adult table.  Now if only my own would do that sometime in my lifetime.  :'(

Ephiral

Quote from: Hades on February 26, 2013, 01:16:21 AM
And yet despite all that a-crumblin' going on, I'm still planning to come visit later in the year.  Maybe I can help save you from yourselves, with a bit of 'merica-ism injected into things. *Flexes, and then ducks for cover*

But yes, I'm glad to hear that yet another country in the world has joined the adult table.  Now if only my own would do that sometime in my lifetime.  :'(

You might want to reconsider that trip. After that statement, we are all legally required to punch you in the junk. Seriously, it's in our citizenship laws.

Rhapsody

Quote from: Hades on February 26, 2013, 01:16:21 AM

Quote from: Ephiral on February 26, 2013, 01:08:16 PM
You might want to reconsider that trip. After that statement, we are all legally required to punch you in the junk. Seriously, it's in our citizenship laws.

Oh, don't worry. Your "'merica-isms" are well covered with PM Harper.

And yes. As Ephiral so baldly states, they start revoking health care if we don't.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Oniya

Wow, I thought Canadians were legally required to be polite?  Or do you say 'Excuse me,' *wham* ' Sorry about that, had to be done.  You understand, right?'  ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Ephiral

Quote from: Oniya on February 27, 2013, 03:54:54 PM
Wow, I thought Canadians were legally required to be polite?  Or do you say 'Excuse me,' *wham* ' Sorry about that, had to be done.  You understand, right?'  ;D

Pretty much that, yes.

Rhapsody

|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP