Beast in an NWoD/Chronicles of Darkness game

Started by eternaldarkness, April 29, 2016, 08:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eternaldarkness

After having read Beast: The Primordial cover to cover a bajillion times i'm dying to give one of the Children a shot in a game (Group or Solo). I'm perfectly happy joining an existing game as the sole Beast among other supernaturals or mortals, or even playing in Beast-only game or beast/mortal, although I am most interested in playing a Beast alongside Changelings or Mortals. I think the idea of the Lost finding a creature that can actually protect them from and contest the Gentry on even terms or a mortal in need of protecting from something very bad (Whether the mortal knows it or not) sounds like the makings of a great story, with all the difficulties that come with a creature of primordial terror trying to be a specific person's personal monster while also feeding his Hunger and avoiding would-be Heroes.

I'm open to either a solo tale, a larger group game, or a small 2-person (and a GM) game. As always, love stories get me every time, so any romance elements will get my attention instantly. Any interested GM's and other players should reply here or PM me.

eternaldarkness

Still looking! Surely there must be some group of characters out there who would love to have a friendly monster around :)

Pumpkin Seeds

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on May 13, 2016, 01:25:10 AM
Finally got a copy of this book.

I am absolutely in love with this game. I've been playing a bit in a solo story as a Beast, but I think they really shine when they're dealing with other supernatural beings and non-beasts. The one i'm currently playing is the bodyguard/enforcer for a motley of changelings, but i'd like to try a Beast with other types of characters, too.

eternaldarkness

Bumping this, as i'd still love to play it.

eternaldarkness

Pumpkin Seeds

Wasn't someone running a Beast game for awhile?

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on November 21, 2016, 10:54:52 AM
Wasn't someone running a Beast game for awhile?

Indeed, and that someone was me, but I found my free time suddenly vanishing due to a new career and other obligations, so running a full-fledged game with the level of love and attention it would need became impossible though I can easily manage a game on the player side posting once or twice a day. Actually, you gave me an idea I may try. Gonna see if someone else wants to do sort of an intertwined Co-GM'ing kind of game where we can switch off as appropriate. I've had great success with setups like that in the past, so it's definitely worth a shot and could make for a great story. By chance, are you interested? :D