News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

I got approved? xD And what is your favorite roleplay?

Started by Sketchy, September 02, 2012, 12:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sketchy

Hi, I am  Sketch! Well interestingly enough, I magically got approved. So I thought I would start out by starting a discussion topic. Because im clearly very new, I would like to know what your favorite scene to role play is, or reflect on a past role play you enjoyed. Please elaborate!

- Sketchy <3
..::Sketchy::..

Harlome

Oh Hai Sketch ^^
A favourite past RP of mine was the story of an arranged marriage that goes awry with crazy shenanigans after the groom reveals he's a vampire! =O It didn't get too far, sadly my partner (who was my significant other at the time) and I sort of went our separate ways..congrats on the approval, by the way ^_^

VicodinRhapsody

Welcome!! ...From one newbie to another. LOL

The best RP I ever did was something that involved HOURS of plotting and talking with my partner (who was my best friend at the time)... We took the rock band Queen, created fictional characters to go along with the story, and began a retelling of their career. No kidding...we'd sit around and plan how to make births, weddings, and other personal happenings coincide with their REAL history. It was the most elaborate story I ever worked on, truly novel material, if I do say so myself. I still have about half of the logs from it and re-read them constantly. It's the one thing I wish could have been continued and finished. It would have been epic! Sadly, we parted ways after a falling out.

Part of me wonders what they'd think if they could read what we did with them in this fictional life. I think they'd be a little shocked, but there'd be laughing. After all, no matter who you are, when two of your friends, dressed in togas for a Halloween party, accidentally shred each other's clothing and end up naked in front of everyone in the place...you remember that!
Medicate me
Infiltrate me
Side effects appear
Can't you stop what's happening...

Ons/Offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=151667.0

Manly Man

At least Freddie would be laughing at it, no doubt. Brian most likely, as well as Roger, though I think John was always just quiet anyway.

I'd actually been thinking about making a fanfiction of a bunch of different rock bands. A space opera where Queen is the group around which much of the storyline is centered, space explorers riding a ship called the Red Special, with story branches going off with KISS as a rival group of space pirates. David Bowie is a hero of old whose fables are heard throughout the solar system, and Elton John is a weapons dealer who got stranded on Mars. The main antagonist is a gigantic eldritch abomination who wanders about in a humanoid guise when in the presence of mortals who goes by Hrash-Ik-Vlarn, claiming to be a native of Io. In his true form, he is a monstrosity made of greenish flesh that's covered in eyeballs, some of them on stalks, and is called Aggoro-Ithloo the Death Seeker.

That, of course, is behind me. Of my favorite role-plays, my most loved is probably one I did on Darknest, and it was D&D-based. Quite fun, as well as exciting in many ways; the party's rogue almost got raped by a glabrezu. And I quote:

QuoteThey were thrown into a room that was of a decent size with a very high ceiling. It looked as though they were in some kind of pit, as there was a railed pathway that looked down into the area, about fifteen feet above. In the moment of disconcerting, Inyrra found herself ejected into a pair of arms that were for the most part human, although the skin was a slightly reddish, russet brown with clawed nails. They pressed her against the barrel chest of, when she looked up, what happened to be a very large glabrezu. His canine face stared into Inyyra's with its vibrantly glowing purple eyes. He made a fierce growl before saying, "You mortals, among the more vulgar ones, have a rather ludicrous threat that is something along the lines of 'I will fuck you with a rake.'" His eyes narrowed a bit.

"I, on the other hand, will fuck you with far worse."
God knows I want to break free.

Teo Torriatte

My absolute favorite roleplay was a story where I was playing an alien wolf girl, who lived on a planet with no technology, and my partner was part of a contingent of humans sent there to plunder the place. It was kind of like Avatar(James Cameron, not the Airbender) but with a furry alien species instead of the Na'vi. It was so awesome, and we were having so much fun having our characters learn about each others' people, then they started to get intimate and that was really fun, well paced, everything.

Then... he somehow guessed I wasn't the gender I had been letting him assume I was(to this day I still don't know how he guessed since we didn't even talk much outside of the roleplay) and he decided to take it incredibly personally. So no more story. *sighs*

I might put that in an interest check thread one of these days... but of all the stories I have written in the past, I'm just not sure if it is something I could replicate with someone else.

VicodinRhapsody

I don't understand why some people get all excited and up in arms over the gender of the opposite player. I have to admit I've always been up front about being a female playing males most of the time, but I can completely respect the decision NOT to say. Who cares? If the person's a good writer, and they convince you they are the opposite sex, I think that makes them that much better! Just a thought... I'm sorry it cost you a great RP, Luna.

Another RP friend of mine and I...we debated the idea of an entire world created around everything mentioned in Queen's music. Places, characters, events... Anything that could be used. Kind of along the lines of SOME of what was done in the musical 'We Will Rock You'. Just taking it WAY further. It was an interesting idea, but never went anywhere. Would take massive planning and plotting along the way, and a real knowledge of the group's music.
I would HOPE Freddie would get a kick out of what we had written. Brian might be a bit upset about all the drama he was put through, but hell, in the end he got the girl! And ticked off a few important people in the process. Roger ticked off an entire VERY rich family by stealing their daughter and ending up with a houseful of girls. John was John. Love him too much to mess with him. Smart man, keeping out of current goings on, much as we miss him.
And that excerpt was...brilliant. I love the way it was written. And the final line? Love it! It's sad you've set aside the rock band SL idea. I think it's freakin' brilliant! I'd have jumped on that in half a minute.
Medicate me
Infiltrate me
Side effects appear
Can't you stop what's happening...

Ons/Offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=151667.0

Naiah

The longest and most fun one I did lasted over a year and was about 600 doc pages long. It was based in LOTR, though we did twist it up a little and add some stuff that definitely wasnt Tolkiens :P I played an elf that had been tortured into serving Sauron and was extremely evil and the plot was mostly about her quest to overthrow Sauron and be the new ruler of Middle-Earth :P
Unfortunately I lost my writing partner to real life and so here I am looking for new rp's :)

Sasquatch421

I can't really pick one from here, but overall it was during my time with YIM.... I met up with some other rpers and we had an entire storyline going on. My character ended up hooking up with Xaprah and he was the son of Mars and Morrigan and a fledgling god of war. Every week something different even if it was Xap and Sam pole dancing without the poles or a swimming pool of jello leading to a huge jello fight. It was just plain fun, but it ended when Yahoo got rid of the user rooms...

I have always wanted to do a roleplay based on Interstella 555 though... I've been looking for it forever but have now managed to find it. Might pick it up tomarrow, it's a rock opera so to speak. More basically an anime by the ones who did Captain Harlock and Queen Emeraldas set to the music of Daft Punk...

Observing Trifles

I dearly love all my stories here at Elliquiy. That said, my favorite story at the moment is a completely self-indulgent piece that I'm writing with my significant other. Basic summary: Drug dealer acquires a dehumanized slave to do with what he will. There's not much of a plot to it, which was what we wanted; it's a way for us to explore themes that don't fit into our other stories.

But what excites me about it is that my character, the slave, is unable to speak and he's blindfolded 24/7, which forces me to think of other ways for him to communicate his needs and wants. For me, he's just a very interesting character to approach because his mind works so differently. He doesn't think, "If I say this, he'll understand me, and my needs will be met." He has to interpret his own sounds, gestures, and actions ahead of time to make sure they'll be well-received and understood properly.

It's difficult at times, but in the good way that keeps my brain in overdrive.
|| the hunt ||

my, my, those eyes like fire;
i'm a winged insect, you're a funeral pyre.
come now, bite through these wires;
i'm a waking hell and the gods grow tired.

KittyMocha

This must have been back in 2003 or so.  My friends and I had this "X-Men meets Percy Jackson" type of RP, where our characters were reincarnated Gods and Goddesses, who all went to a boarding school to be trained.  Probably one of the most memorable scenes was when a battle broke out on campus against a rival team.

I also think this plot and a friend and I will start soon will be pretty sweet.  Two twins, separated, meet as adults and join forces to wreck havoc and spread evil.  I'm excited to start it.

NataliaReno

Okay, so I think my favorite kind of rp is action sequences. The good guys fight the bad guys, explosions, firefights, etc etc.  Then the guy gets the girl and they live happily ever after blah blah blah.

With that said, I was in this yahoo group based on a book series called The aDark Hunters. I had createf a group of brothers called The Thompsons. Their mother had been an officer and was killed in the line of duty by a robber who had ties to the mafia and was sent to jail. Many years later, Luc, the head of the Thompsons found out the robber had gotten out of prison and also had a daughter who was now a police officer in nyc. Luc and his twin brothers moved to nyc and created a security firm, private invedtigations and security systems, and luc decided to get close to the woman to find out more about her father. The relationship turned sour after a big fight with the woman's father becoming killed.

This was so much fun to write. I no longer write in this group and have parted ways with my partner who wrote luc's lover. But it was so much fun that I brought the group to facebook (making a whole slew of characters there) and now write them plus a dozen more in a forum.

Vanity Evolved

Hmm. I had one rather adorably awesome game, once.

One was based on Ikkitousen, with a bit more fourth wall breaking; the characters not only actively acknowledged their reincarnations as ancient Chinese heroes, but Romance of the Three Kingdoms was also noted as being completely right. Cliques within the school ended up forming between the varying factions (Wu, Wei, Shu) and along family lines (I ended up playing the incarnation of Guan Ping, who ended up finding a big brother figure in the reincarnation of his father Guan Yu), while characters actively watched their backs via reading up on what happened to their past selves. Of course, those who were suitably spirited -could- possibly break these chains of fate. I distinctly remember one of the few awesome sex scenes we got to. It involved an evil school-girl, a no-dachi, awesome kung fu fighting and rough, animalistic cherry popping over a table. It was pretty awesome.