Some Story Ideas (F Seeking PLAYERS!)

Started by FaeBorne, February 12, 2013, 12:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FaeBorne

I love fantasy/medieval settings, but I also do well in modern and sci-fi futuristic. I am very adaptable and will write in the best way suited to theme setting and style of my co-writer. I dearly love the idea of Faerie, and the themes used in Holly Black, Laurell K Hamilton, Changeling the Dreaming etc etc. I am familiar with both D&D as well as WoD.  Here are some story ideas we can toss around. Please respond if you are interested in creating with me.

Story Idea 1 -  Modern Fantasy – Fae/Changeling

The Faerie are hidden all around the mortal world, in cities they are few but some retain their hold on the Seeming and in more rural settings they flourish. The Seelie and UnSeelie Courts are always at War, yet it has a more civil tone to it than it did in the Darker Ages. The light and the dark are meant to be enemies, but sometimes they will work together for the sake of Faerie. Theirs is a world unseen by the unenchanted human eye..The Dark Queen Teiverlayne of UnSeelie has sent scouts to sniff out Faerie Mounds to usurp. The lesser fae are to become servants and undertakers of the Courts, when in service to Seelie it is usually by choice, when in service to UnSeelie it usually via force. Though there are some of the lesser fey like the Goblins and Redcaps that prefer the darker nature of Teiverlayne's Court. And there are Sidhe, who have fallen from the grace of the Light and serve their Queen with a ferocity that is unmatched. You are a Dark Knight and you have been charged to find a Mound that the Seelie Queen Ethalindra holds, once there you find yourself confronted by the Seelie Knight who holds it for Seelie. What will you do?

Story Idea 2= Modern World of Darkness- VtM
The Nosferatu have incriminating evidence against the Toreador of the City. But you need the Toreador to stay in a favorable light for your machinations to come to fruition. What will you do? And how will you move your pieces on the board that is the immortal game of chess of being Kindred. Politics heavy, boon trading, using your influences to thwart the evidence from ever being presented in Court..And after that is accomplished, do you then use it in your favor to make sure the Toreador are your willing accomplices in your games of power?

Story Idea 3 – Medieval Fantasy
A King searches for his stolen Queen, a rumor that the Barbarians and Orcs north of the Kingdom have kidnapped her for ransom. The Queen, was the figurehead of the City a woman of nefarious reknown who had turned around her reputation becoming trusted and loved by her subjects. The King, though a great warrior, had been hand picked by the Queen and her /trusted/ advisor the LoreMaster for they agreed the King would never outshine the Queen. The Queens fate rests in the hands of the Warrior she chose for reasons other than love. Will the King be able to find his Queen? Will she rescue herself with her wit and cunning? And will they find that those trusted, were not so noble after all as the Kingdom lays in peril for an unsuspected usurper who has put them all in motion

THE TIRASFELL STORYLINE IS OPEN FOR MULTIPLE PLAYERS IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!

Do any of these ideas intrigue you? Hope so! Please let me know on this thread so we may begin!

-FaeBorne

zenpai

Am i mistaken but you know about kindred? I am talking about the tv show. Kindred: The Embraced.
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

FaeBorne

Yes quite familiar. It's based off the VtM core book from WoD

selfexiled

I have been away for some time and am looking for something to jump into. Yours seems the most intreging so far. Though the charcter that has been in my head for the past few weeks will be a hard fit for your designs except the medieval fantasy though he may need added tweeking.
Originality is fast becoming obsolete, to make a trully unique world all your own is the mark of a great writer, artist, thinker.

Uhm ONs/Offs link
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=134455.msg5990414#msg5990414

Absences:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180093.0

FaeBorne

Tell me what you got! If he's a warrior with a cocky attitude, we can tweak away and I'll show you the Queen's character description.
;)

selfexiled

His attitude is not what I was concerned with, he is neither cocky or timid. Though a puppet figurehead isn't high on his list either.

Basic run down is:
Human with atleast one elf in the family tree though several centuries ago. Became a knight and then a lord in his kingdom after a couple of bewildering events that could've been nothing but luck or divine purpose. He's gifted a spear by the king, which is enchanted, that as it turns out is an ancient elven spear that was held by a royal guard before that elven nation was suddenly destroyed by a demonic horde. Since he has a trace of elven blood the spear responds accordingly to him and its powers reactivate. Now all good enchanted weapons over time gain the "personality" of thier owners. Thus the spear subtley grants him knowledge, and teaches him the elven language. The spear itself is a sign to the now homeless and destitute elves that he can be trusted far more than any other human. With his help they regain a level of honor and self worth when he grants them land to call thier own and begin to rebuild thier nation. He is granted an armor unlike any other in the land. It is entirely wood but as strong as steel with a cloak and cowl made of leaves from the same tree, these are much like leather in thier strength. He is dubbed the Forest Lord by many due to his appearance and with the help of the spear's power he has a small level of control over plants along with general spells of course.

Ok that was longer than I expected for a snapshot. But to introduce him into your story I would say he set to travel the world and came to your lands and made a name for himself which led to the current storyline.
Originality is fast becoming obsolete, to make a trully unique world all your own is the mark of a great writer, artist, thinker.

Uhm ONs/Offs link

Absences:

FaeBorne

"Maeryn Vayos Dragonbane - Queen Of Tirasfell-Mistress of Darkness"
Element : Earth
Starsign : Hahrutyne's Serpent : Year of the Dragon 
Diety : Hahrutyne ( relationship : Acolyte )

Persona : Feared and respected, Maeryn uses both her intelligence on the field of battle and her political prowess to her benefit in every aspect of her life. She is seen as selfish and cold. If close to the appropriately nicknamed Mistress of Darkness consider yourself lucky. She has a high level of mistrust for generally everyone, having been betrayed over and over, she meets kindness with cool indifference.. and those that disrespect her, usually meet the sharp end of her sword.

Destiny : From a young age, Maeryn was destined for glory, having been plucked from near death, by her families own killer the WarLord Draxin Vayos. He raised her as his own daughter along with the rest of the Daughters of Vayos where she learned just what cold hard and ruthless meant. Leading part of her Fathers armies allowed her to get a taste for leadership, which she excelled at. People followed her willingly, looking up to her as if she was born to it. During the first reign of Tirasfell, when Darkness spread the land with a bitter rivalry between the Barbarians of the north and her fledgling Kingdom. The Elves offered the Mistress an alliance. Joining that Alliance was Maeryn’s downfall, Tirasfell crumbled, the Barbarians were undefeated and the Elves in the end betrayed the Mistress. Another blight on her dark heart.. and another betrayal making her again a less trusting person. Turning to Hahrutyne for guidance after those within her fold she had left to gaurd Tirasfell betrayed her as well..she left the land to ruin. Those loyal to her waited for her return, which came only after the Castle had burned to the ground. Vowing to rebuild her Kingdom, The Queen sought out Hahrutyne once more pledging to worship only the Dark Mother Goddess and vowed that all within Tirasfell would pay tribute. Seeing her loyal Acolyte so in need, and noting how many would come back to her fold if Maeryn succeeded, the Mother Goddess blessed Maeryn with the powers of BloodRune Magic, again giving Maeryn the feared dark image of a blood lusting creature. Tirasfell on the rise, alliances will be made, Glory and Honor the battle cry for those under her banner...she will see her destiny out, even if she is doomed to failure.

Physical Traits : Petite and lissome the Queen of Tirasfell stands no taller then five foot four inches tall, a mane of golden copper flame tinted hair falls about her pale delicate features. Though no Elvin blood rides through her veins, she has often been described with the same physical beauty that is pronounced within that race. Her gaze, is often unsettling and piercing, an unearthly jade color a large feature that dominates the petite aspects of her face. Though from a feminine side, she may seem unimposing, one merely has to glance at while she is entrapped in her armor to know she is not to be taken lightly. Though no markings can be seen on her in most cases because of the nature of her armor or common clothing, upon her back are the markings of a whipping, scarring her badly. Under her left shoulder blade is the sign of a dragon. Her right shoulder holds a deep scar from wear she was downed in battle and along her abdomen is a slash scar. The only other distinctive marks seen on her at any given time would be sigils either in paint or blood drawn upon her for runic rituals to Hahrutyne. Most common are the Serpents of Hahrutyne, that imbue her with a swift and dead accurate strike.

Arts : BloodRune Magic
Applications

Serpents of Hahrutyne : A warring ritual calling upon her star sign and the Dark Mother Goddess blessing her with the ability to strike true to any opponent on the field of battle. The ritual consists of the Serpents of Hahrutyne painted upon her body while chanting in prayer for 1 hour before battle.

Visions Foretold : A seeking ritual, performed with the Acolytes own blood. Chanting in the language of ancients in the privacy of a prayer circle designed of white stones in the symbol of the Mother Goddess. The Acolyte will receive a dream like vision of what may come in the future. Though not always correct, Hahrutyne blesses her followers with a sight of the many paths that may happen.

Addle The Mind : This ritual involves the Acolyte gaining the blood of a stag, and an article that belongs to the subject the ritual is cast upon. It takes hours to perform, sometimes unsuccessfully. The Acolyte must perform it in the glow of the moon, on the 3rd day of the month for it to work as specified. Chanting in the language of the ancients, the subject will be affected wherever they are with the symptoms of lunacy. Believing him/herself to be insane, and those around him/her believe it to. Dangerous consequences for whomever this is cast upon.. If the Acolyte somehow messes up the ritual however it will backfire, and the lunacy that is trying to be cast, will find itself upon the Acolyte.

Out of Sight ( Harutynes Lucky Kiss ) : This ritual again takes the quick release of the blood of the Acolyte. The correct rune pattern must be drawn on the ground that the caster is standing upon. The ritual effects any the Acolyte is touching as well. It takes immense amounts of strength from the caster, and unconsciousness usually results from a successful casting. The ritual places the caster and whoever is touching her invisible. Undetectable from any of the senses, and magic’s it is a protective rite, dubbed out of site, but sometimes called; Hahrutynes Lucky Kiss.

Weapons

Nai Shinzui: Stealer of Souls - A Dai Katana gifted to the Mistress by her Lore Master . The sword is used in times of battle only. Its dark demon taints overcoming the wielder if used constantly. Bound with the spirit of a demon, when struck with the blade in a death blow, it literally sucks the soul from the unfortunate being on the receiving end. The hilt of the sword looks to be made of the bone of a human.

BloodBorne: Long Sword: Given back to Maeryn by KeleDai Tirasfell’s Priestess when The Queen returned to the Castle. Once wielded by her adopted Father Draxin, the blade is engraved with ancient sigils of Hahrutyne, the hilt embedded with bloodstones and onyx.

Dagger of Hahrutyne : Kris Blade - Used in her rituals to the Mother Goddess - The hilt is shaped like the head of a snake, with two emeralds where the eyes lie. The curved blade reminiscent of the serpent.

Rock of Tellarius ( Death Knight ) : Though not entirely a weapon this marble like rock contains the spirit of the Legendary felled King Tellarius. Found within the Castle ruins within the Black Glades north of Tirasfell, Maeryn took the stone from the Catacombs to be surprised by the unearthly inhabitant. Marbled grey and ghastly blood red..the marble shakes and speaks with the booming voice of the ghost who can inhabit only the corpses of those already having been taken from this plane of existance.

Maeryn skilled in battle due to her upbringing, can weild both Long and Short sword expertly. Her skill in archery is average, as is her aim with throwing knives. A keen eye for her prey wether human or other the woman is an excellent and worthy adversary.

OOC: This is all fiction written by myself, The setting is medieval fantasy and can be built upon by as many writers that wish to join, or just by the two of us. I like your idea for your Lord, and it sounds like she would choose him because of his skills. I like that he came to Tirasfell and made a name for himself...I could see him helping her to rebuild Tirasfell in a stronger less evil image, though her mistrust of Elves might be a source of tension between them. It should be pointed out, that your Lord, may  be unaware that the Queen chose him for the reasons she did. Also a good plot hook to delve into.

selfexiled

Indeed I am already seeing this as a yin yang relationship. While the queen's viciousness has returned her to power it may be that her king buffs away some her sharper edges and makes this to be a greater dynasty than before precieved.

I shall make a formal CS soon and we can begin the journey, or would you care to wait for others or more detailing of the world?

Uhm ONs/Offs link

Absences:

FaeBorne

Do it up! We can start together, and if people would like to join, we won't stop them!

I await your Character Sheet! Excited to meet my King!

selfexiled

Oh I forgot to ask. Do you have a set form of your starsigns and dieties or do I just pick something?

Uhm ONs/Offs link

Absences:

FaeBorne

Quote from: selfexiled on February 14, 2013, 11:50:24 AM
Oh I forgot to ask. Do you have a set form of your starsigns and dieties or do I just pick something?

You can make it up.  -nods-  I will share the write up for Hahrutyne next for you so you can see the force behind Maeryn.

selfexiled

Splendid. Now I can fill that wicket and finish the CS.

Uhm ONs/Offs link

Absences:

FaeBorne

Creation History - Legend of Hahrutyne ( Creationism - Mother Goddess Religion/Belief )

The Goddess Hahrutyne, Founding Mother of the World gifted two followers in the uses of the ancient ways of runes, blood and magic. The followers were titled both dark and light, and both fought for supremacy under Hahrutynes ardent gaze, while she tried in vain to make them see reason. Angry, at both dark and light she smote them, casting them aside with a mighty blow. Both Dark & Light screamed in agony, breaking into a thousand pieces, each one piece became a person with its own identity yet weak and almost powerless. She scooped up both the remnants of Dark & Light shaking them together and cast them throughout the World. They were made to intermingle, so that peace could be made. A fatal mistake, for some of Dark & some of Light, still remembered the ancient ways. Calling upon the tools and gifts that Hahrutyne had once given them. The followers of Light & Dark joined forces, creating a great army, which after a time, destroying that which Hahrutyne held dear, Dragons, Unicorns, White Stags, they finally captured the Goddess & locked her away within the center of the World where she was chained to remain forever. Yet still they worshipped her. After a time, the peoples of Dark & Light, grew stagnant in their every day lives, most forgot the ancient ways  of blood and magic. Others held true to the old ways, feared and hated, they were hunted as heretics against the True Goddess…Most were killed, and small cults here and there rose up. It is legend that Hahrutyne, lays chained weeping over the fate of the world within the center of the World, making rivers and streams with her mighty tears that well up from the ground to cover what once was hers. The skies were blue during the day, and purple during the night, to show the bruises that still hold for millennia’s from the wounds she suffered during the fight for the 3 seeds of Life. The stars were the sparks that stuck to the sky from the clashes of the blades of Bron, Hahrutyne, and Faeler.  She is the forgotten Mother, the Goddess of Old, and her name is now but a whisper on the lips of few.

The Ancient Followers of Hahrutyne, the ones that remembered the Old Days, passed down the rituals and rites of runes, blood, and magic. Though a dying breed, a few cults remain throughout the World, mainly in the Western Coast, and the glades and dark forests therein. For many moons, the lands of  the World were over-run by races competing for supremacy, and out of the war small kingdoms formed, cities constructed and villages became more commonplace, from the encampments of warlords.

Thus it is an age, of better communication between the lands and coasts of the World. An Age Of Reckoning. Forces amassing, to conquer who and what they desire. While the Thieves of Paeren pirate the seas, and move their guilds into small towns and villages and even larger Kingdoms to which they travel.  The World is no longer the separate world it once was, as the people begin to move to where they truly belong. Alignments and covenants made, treaties signed… and the Kings and Queens battle for supremacy and power.

OOC Notes:
Hahrutyne is looked at as the creator, the Mother of the World
There are other Gods, Bron & Faelor that can be used, though I have not written their content so feel free to draw upon what I've done and make it our own. :)

selfexiled

OOO that's very good. Now I'll have to change the name of my diety, though I made the diety a she as well. Well that's why we lay the ground work here right.

Uhm ONs/Offs link

Absences:

selfexiled

Gerald Fosten "Forest Lord"

Element: Earth

Starsign: Eelinvea's harp: year of the Stag

Diety: Eelinvea (relationship: unknown chosen) he's very practical and doesn't really worship anything but agrees thier are gods/goddesses.

Persona: Loved and admired by many for his compassion and wisdom, he knows and understands the trials of the common man being one once himself. He is more practical than magical even though he has magics at his disposal. Being raised in an area where magic was really a thing of fairytale. Though with all his compassion he is not without a lethal side. He once was reported threatening a prisoner with having to watch his family being killed and dismembered if he did not provide information. after giving up the information he proceeded to snap the prisoner's neck, then let the guardsman display the body however they thought best. The bastions were quite red and wet by the time all the others were caught and interrogated.

Destiny: Starting out as a squire for a local knight who saw something useful in him. The knight taught him all he could while he was in his service. During a great battle against a horde of all manner of foul creature Gerald saved his Master from a troll by what seemed as dumb luck or divine purpose, with nothing but the clothes on his back and a simple spear. For his actions he was knighted. During the same battle yet before he was properly armored he felt the call to charge once again. Even as the King charged at the horde's warlord and his guard Gerald swept up from the side bare backed on an injured horse using the warlord's guard as a stepping stool got the horse to leap straight at the warlord tackling him to the ground and ramming a spear down his throat as he bellowed. It should be noted that this warlord was beyond that of a normal abomination, it was a cross between and ogre and a gaint naming it an ograint. This earned him a lordship and an ancient spear. This spear led him to befriend a downtrodden elf that was made his advisor for the king bestowed on Gerald not only a lordship but a duty as well, to monitor and control the Forests of his realm. Gerald took this idea and ran with it. Picking a location far from the cities he built his estate and within the great forest of the realm he granted the elves land to rebuild thier lost nation. Earning forever thier loyalty. He then created a corp of rangers all elves to walk the forests of the realm and keep it safe and bare no unnecessary harvesting of the trees. After some years and many angry disputes with the humans of the land about giving the elves so much power. He left in secret leaving all work and dealings with his advisor.

Physical Traits: He is no great stature of a man but well built for his form, all things in proper proportion. He stands at roughly five foot nine inches, with a slim althetic form that belies his strength. Much of his fighting consists of speed and the spear giving him range and keeping him from scars. His eyes are a blue like the sea with a gold ring about the pupil, His hair when not hidden by his helmet is a golden brown that hints at red in the sunlight and falls just above his shoulders. His armor forms to his body like a glove, the plates are an earthy white of the tree's flesh while the grains show in contrast as a dark brown. It is light and grants him complete freedom of movement the helmet being the only piece that bears signs of metal beyond rivets. It looks entirely of leaves but not one is anything less than hardened steel colored like true leaves that wrap across the contures of his face showing only his eyes nose and mouth. The cloak and cowl he wears with it are gaint leaves made from the same tree as the armor, one leaf made the hood alone.

Arts: Nature's Touch
Applications:

Obada sedeen (summon spear) Summons spear from any location to the bearer.

Vael(healing light) Ball of light comes from the spear to entended target curing them of all poisons natural or otherwise. Can be used in mass to attend to a full room.

Casalde'num (shield) calls a magical barrier around the caster to block any form of blast damage. Doesn't work so well on direct assualts.

Falto (ball of light) Similair to a ball of lightining it launches from the spear in the direction aimed.Which is great if the target doesn't move.

Nama'te coum selea doom (light eruption) Great blast of divine light killing all within the radius. Literally all caster included if not shielded.

Weapons
Nature's Lance:Spear- The spear gifted to him by the King of his homeland that in truth belonged to an elven royal guard before the fall of the Elven nation in that region, making it alteast seven hundred years old. Thanks to an ancient ancestor being an elf which no one in the family knew about, the spear responded to him reactivating the latent magical properties held within. However, since its previous owner died horribly extended use of the magic within brings out a remanent of the forebearers soul and the current owner starts to relive the last moments of the contained soul. Forcing a blackout of the living person and unknown amounts of damage as the spear recasts all the spells from that final battle.

Emerald Tear: waskiki(been a while prolly spelled that wrong)- Small semi-short sword obtained as a gift from an elven family he assisted. To his knowledge it is nothing more than a blade.

Eelvinea's Peace: dagger- Given by a priestess after helping re-establish a temple to her goddess. Only meant to be used to end the suffering of another, be game from a hunt or a fallen enemy with a fatal wound.

Horn of The North: Horn- The horn of the great warlord he slew in his homeland carved out and adorned with many filagrees of silver and gems. When blown it is a sound like no other, that makes enemies stand still and allies rally no matter how distraught, or wounded.

OOC: Things can be changed of course to fit better but I am fond of my creation.

Uhm ONs/Offs link

Absences:

selfexiled

Do we have an IC page yet or is it in the works? If not it's your world I'll wait on you.

Uhm ONs/Offs link

Absences:

selfexiled

Very good very good I am at the end of my day here and shall return in the morrow. I bid you adeu.

Uhm ONs/Offs link

Absences:

selfexiled

Anyone who stops to read this the chosen storyline is open for more characters. The originator of this post is not on at the moment to change its title to make you aware.

Uhm ONs/Offs link

Absences:

Retribution

I have spoken with Fae here is the fellow I propose:

Koreshian Skull Splitter

Element: Earth

Starsign:  Cichld year of the Ram

Diety: Brom God Of War

Persona: Koreshian seems like your typical screaming barbarian from the north it is not exactly like the name Skull Splitter beats around the bush much.  Despite his size and in forward personality though the man is surprisingly thoughtful and cunning and he is actually more than a little bit introspective.  He is just a brutally honest sort who does not have time, energy, or inclination for the verbal games of others. Black is black and white is white and everything in the world is one way or another there are no shades of gray.

Destiny: Koreshian is a barbarian exile who was tossed out of his homelands in the north over a quarrel with the Jarl’s eldest son.  By quarrel we mean said son was caught stealing Koreshian’s sheep and sneaking around with his love.  This was a rather straight forward disagreement and the mountain of a man settled it in a straight forward way by cleaving his rival’s skull with his ax.  The Jarl is a powerful man and Koreshian had to set out for greener pastures post haste but that was not before his former love perished of infidelity take that as you will.

Physical Traits: Massive and huge come to mind the tower of muscle and sinew is nearly seven feet tall and he seems to be nearly as wide when he is glowering down at you.  Though despite his raw size and power he moves with a near dancer’s grace the product of a harsh life in which there were indeed two kinds of people in the world the quick and the dead.  On the more mundane side long sandy blonde hair kept tied back by a leather thong and ice blue eyes and more small scars across his body than can easily be counted.

Arts: None, his people do not trust magic and thus why people of weaker stature have had some small chance against the screaming berserkers.  However, this disdain of magic has lead Koreshian and his race to be able to sense magic and get a general feel for a powers ability.  It is as if they so disdain magic that they can tell what it is by the smell alone.

Weapons:

A massive double bitted battle ax that he wears on his back and as one would expect Bane is not a magical weapon. But it is a powerful weapon having been made by a maser with a hollow head and handle. In this cavity is a sliding weight that when the weapon is swung places all of the considerable power of the blow on the cutting edge.  Obviously for most this is a two handed weapon but for its owner it is not.

A simple dagger and hand ax that are worn on the belt.  Nothing special about them and they are strictly practical implements of war that are utilized by a practical man. He also has a longbow of the same practical type and quiver full of arrows with the only consideration for their owner being size.

selfexiled

I see no issue with him... it will be an interesting interaction given the current run of the story, but practical people can come to an agreement.

Uhm ONs/Offs link

Absences:

Retribution

Retribution