Age of Adventure Redux ...on Roll20.Net?

Started by Inerrant Lust, September 02, 2013, 12:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shjade

I have more experience with Pathfinder; I wouldn't say that's the same as preferring it. xD

Sidenote, if we stick with the 4e proposition: does the 22 point stat buy include the +1 to two stats gained at level 4? Or do we add those after the 22 point buy?
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

ShadowFox89

After the 22 point buy, those are from 4th level. It's like the +2 to one stat from 3.5/P.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Inerrant Lust

Well, it's still early yet- what is the preference for system?

4e is quick to get down and dirty with, easy to pick up as well- which should work for just testing out this site in a quick little game. But if there's demand for some other system..

ShadowFox89

*cough* http://www.ruleofcool.com/ *cough*

Easy to learn, easy to make a character, a LOT of options for the same concept, and FREE to get legally.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Shjade

Pretty much all systems are greater or lesser evils to me. ;p

Have a 4e character sheet more or less finished, going to check out Shadowfox's Legend link and start one for that to see how it goes.
◕/◕'s

Laughing Hyena

See I am not a fan of the legend series as there is such a thing as too simple. Id stick with 4e if nothing else was available. Anyway Im making some progress on my character. He's gonna be a defender.

ShadowFox89

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=653736

My character, if we go with 4e.

Innocent drow elf sorceress who practices Taoism... And seeking to live a life of moderation, compassion, and humility, despite somehow always stumbling into adventures....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Laughing Hyena

Having some small debate on the equipment. Since Age of Adventure favors flavorful characters and not the most successful and practical then the way I fight is gonna be critical. I was thinking of dual wielding spears or something not so typical.

Shjade

That's the same reason I was planning on a rapier/katar weapon pairing. Flashy, but still effective. ;p
◕/◕'s

ShadowFox89

I'm just going with a simple staff. Not a lot to pick from with weapons as a Sorc.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Inerrant Lust

Pang De-ing it up, Hyena? :P

Think of the setting as a mix between MMOs and Pro Wrestling. There's a strange mix of reality and drama- with some adventurers donning particular roles or even 'story arcs' that aren't entirely genuine... of course mixed in with very real monsters and story arcs. All in all, it's about making money.

But that's just fluff- the main point of this game will be to test out Roll20! :P

Laughing Hyena

Not really I am just trying for something different for an elf like Leander

ShadowFox89

I dunno... should I swap to Invoker? Would you guys prefer a Leader for some healing?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on September 12, 2013, 02:49:09 AM
I dunno... should I swap to Invoker? Would you guys prefer a Leader for some healing?

Yes. I would

Flying Tengu

I think that this is a nifty idea, and I'd love to test out this Roll20.net site.  Also, I'm quite familiar with 4e.

Are there still slots available?  I'm happy to fill slots as required, both in terms of party role and gender.  I do like defenders, though.  I see that we have a female drow sorceress (possibly becoming a leader).  Does anyone else have a concept they're going with yet?

ShadowFox89

We have a defender (Hyena), Striker (Shjade), and either Striker or Leader (myself). If we can get someone else to play a Leader though I can go secondary in Controller and we should be golden.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Laughing Hyena

Would love another playing a controller as well.

ShadowFox89

Well, my Sorc setup has AoE attacks, but I can switch to Wizard as well.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on September 12, 2013, 10:05:51 PM
Well, my Sorc setup has AoE attacks, but I can switch to Wizard as well.

I like the Sorcerer actually in 4e so that works. ^_^

ShadowFox89

Maybe someone could play a Tactical Warlord >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Laughing Hyena

Shjade

*laughs* I'm starting to think I should just stay out of the way on this one and leave it to the people who know what they're doing, particularly if the "goal" is testing out Roll20.
◕/◕'s

Laughing Hyena

Don't feel like yer the only one new to roll20 much less 4e. ^_^

ShadowFox89

I'm just good at figuring out new systems >.>

I honestly have played very little 4e.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Flying Tengu

I can totally play a leader!  I've got an idea that would be a good fit for a bard or a warlord.  It works better as a female character.  I'm trying to come up with a male concept for a leader as well; some success.  How are we doing as far as the requisite two female characters (or is that specifically players)?

Anyway, another two things; I also have a pretty good knowledge of 4e, having run it for a significant length of time.  I can totally help with the creation of characters,  or the asking of questions, or whatever.

Secondly, I'm going to be terribly busy the next few days, and won't have much time to work on a character.  I'll keep an eye on the thread, though, and keep those thoughts going!