News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Gotham AU: Sandbox

Started by Batman4560, April 20, 2015, 02:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batman4560

Has everyone voted on a page to get the story set up in? Also Sirian you get extra cool points for picking one of my favorite actresses to rep Selina.

Sirian Eve

Oh? Well what can I say, I did love her in Birds of Prey. :)

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

Batman4560

I have a soft spot for that series. :P So it's looking like non con. I'll have an OOC thread up by tonight/ tomorrow at the latest. Does everyone have an idea on what they want to do with their characters?

Sirian Eve

None in the slightest, unless Ivy wants to go all Gotham Sirens on me, but initially I'm all up for a plot.

Batman4560

Urbanzorro

Still looking? If so I'm in, undecided on the character(s) yet.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Batman4560

Taking up to seven writers.

Orange Marmalade

Interested in this! What are you using as criteria for calling Gotham home? Like in their most current incarnation? For example I notice you excluded Black Canary, though she's historically been based in Gotham.

I'm pondering an anti-hero-ish Deadshot right now, but I'm also trying to find a good list of Gotham based characters to look at to make sure I'm not passing up something that'd fit even better :) This seems to have a decent list but also seems to be missing a lot: http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Gotham_City

Batman4560

When figuring who you should play and what would count as "based in Gotham" consider this:

While Canary (For example) Is historically based in Gotham she has a long standing relationship with Green Arrow and his group is Star City. So it is safe to assume that she has moved from Gotham to Star City and can't be in Gotham at a moments notice. Where as Nightwing is just a small city away and could relocate to Gotham very quickly.

If you have a question on whether a character is acceptable just PM me. :)

Deadshot is more than acceptable and if you decide you would rather play a different character feel free to drop Deadshot at any time.

Life in Color

We could Siren.

Although, if no one uses Harley...

I may make her into a Fem Joker.

Juggtacular

You could also play Duela Dent, Joker's daughter.

Life in Color

Maaaaaybe.

I don't like how wishy-washy Duela feels, though.

Decisions, decisions.

Juggtacular

Name: Waylon Jones

Alias: Killer Croc

Race: Human

Sex: Male

Orientation: Straight

Height: 7'5

Weight: 686lbs

Personal Effects:

Leathernecks - The Leathernecks are a group of criminals who work for Killer Croc. They tend to wear leather clothes as a calling card of sorts.

Properties - Over the years, Croc has purchased buildings and land all over Gotham. Upon close inspection, all of these properties are either close to the water or have direct sewer access. Waylon's not as dumb as people think.

Personality: Having had to suffer embarrassment and fight for everything he ever got in life, Croc is a fan of the "Might Makes Right" philosophy. He's strong, so he can use that strength to take what he wants. He's not a super genius, but he's not the idiot people make him out to be. In fact he makes it a point not to correct them. Let them think he's dumber than a box of rocks. It makes it more satisfying when he takes them off guard.

Extra: His genetic defect has altered his body a great deal. Not only does he resemble a humanoid crocodile complete with fangs, powerful jaws, and claws; he can also hold his breath for hours at a time, and has greatly enhanced physical attributes.

Photo:

Brief Backround: Waylon Jones was born in a third rate hospital in the ass part of Florida. His mother died in childbirth due to a genetic defect called "Reverse Atavism" that caused him to be born with soft scales covering his body, and as time progressed, so did he into looking more and more like a crocodile(it's the reason for his nickname clearly). His father abandoned him, and his aunt was an alcoholic so Waylon had to basically fend for himself growing up.

The kids teased him well into his teenage years, and he could only break so many bones and put so many in the ICU before the courts threatened him with juvie and even prison. He barely graduated high school and ended up wrestling crocodiles to make a living. However, when he compared his paycheck to the amount of money he saw bookies and betting bosses making from the fights he realized legal wasn't the way to go. Not for a guy like him.

He packed up what little he had, and drove his beat down old pickup to Gotham City for a fresh start, where he planned to make a name for himself as one of the biggest kingpin's the city had ever seen. With his mind for illicit business and his powers, Killer Croc quickly became a big player in the game for Gotham, both as his own boss and hired muscle for anyone who could afford him. Now he operates primarily down by the docks and the waterfront, although he has a tendency to work throughout the sewers and nobody can move around the city as good as him and his crew.

Urbanzorro

Decided to go with Harvey Bullock and The Black Mask(Jeremiah Arkham version) as my two characters. Here's Harvey, should hopefully have Jeremiah up soon.

Character sheet: Urbanzorro

Name: Harvey Bullock

Alias: None

Race: Caucasian

Orientation: Hetero

Occupation: Detective on the Gotham City Police Department's Major Crimes Unit

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 230 Lbs

Personal Effects: When he is on duty Harvey usually carries a Colt .357 Trooper which he's received special dispensation to use, additionally he carries two sets of Handcuffs, his GCPD Badge, and a S&W .38 Bodyguard as a backup weapon. He drives a 1988 Dodge Diplomat with his Bulletproof Vest and Mossberg Shotgun in the trunk.

Personality: Harvey is a straight forward person. He rarely ever minces words or has qualms about letting someone know just what he thinks of them. The fact that he doesn't buy into, or sell, the fantasy aspects of what people think it means to be a cop tends to make him seem disillusioned, when in truth he is simply a realist about the world he lives in.

Extra: Harvey has the dubious distinction of having been investigated, and found innocent, by Internal Affairs more times than any other officer currently serving on the GCPD.

Photo:

Brief Backround: Harvey has been a Gotham City resident all his life. He was born in Gotham, he grew up in Gotham, and he has made his life in Gotham. During his school years Harvey was never what you'd call a star student. Though he did play on his high school's football team. After he exited school, Harvey joined the Gotham City Police Department and has been employed by it ever since.

Harvey has a mixed reputation within the GCPD. With seemingly half the force believing that he should have been removed from service long ago, and the other half believing that he could be running the Major Crimes Unit if he wanted to. The truth, like many things about Harvey, is somewhere in the middle, shrouded in grey.

And here is the start of The Black Mask/Jeremiah Arkham, will finish it asap.

Character sheet: Urbanzorro

Name: Jeremiah Arkham

Alias: The Black Mask

Orientation: Hetero(Jeremiah)/Heteroflexible(Black Mask)

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 185

Personal Effects: Jeremiah's Keys & Passcodes to every area of Arkham Asylum, Access to what remains of the Arkham family's funds, as well as Jeremiah's Psychological Profiles on nearly every major player in Gotham's underworld. The Black Mask's encrypted cell phone, Glock 18 with standard and extended magazines, and control of The Black Mask's criminal assets.

Personality:From The Private Files of Jeremiah Arkham
-"Dissociative identity disorder is a mental disorder on the dissociative spectrum characterized by at least two distinct and relatively enduring identities or dissociated personality states that alternately control a person's behavior and....... Shut up! It's a split personality ok, that's what we've got that's what the people will understand. When you go on like that with all your psychobabble you just... I just educate them, I inform them, I teach them... No, you bore them. "-

To say that Jeremiah is of two minds on most subjects is to make a very large understatement. In truth he is of two minds...end of sentence. As a result of their mutual condition Jeremiah and The Black Mask have two very different personalities. Jeremiah is generally a kind person who seeks to heal others where as The Black Mask is a ruthless criminal intent only on fulfilling his own wants and desires. Despite the obvious conflict that these two world views creates both Jeremiah and The Black Mask seem to have no desire to destroy the other they, for whatever reason, are content to share a body and use each other's skills and assets to their own advantage, even as they slowly blend into one another and the differences between them are erased bit by bit.

Extra: The split personalities of Jeremiah and The Black Mask are slowly blending into a single identity, this is evidenced by the fact that they no longer suffer from memory gaps with regards to actions taken by the other personality and by each personality's new found ability to make use of the other's skills, knowledge, and talents. 

Photo:

Brief Backround:
Jeremiah Arkham was the nephew of Amadeus Arkham and the inheritor of the Arkham legacy. Whether by genetics or simply by chance Jeremiah has always had a natural skill for analyzing and understanding the minds of others. When he was only seventeen he encountered an escaped lunatic holding up a liquor store. Staring at the man, Jeremiah's sharp instincts told him everything he needed to know to get the lunatic to back down. He reassured the man that his father was dead and he no longer needed to look for him. The lunatic understood what Jeremiah was saying, but rather than placing the gun down, he put it to his own chin, blowing his head off. This was the point at which Jeremiah realized that he wanted to work with the mentally ill and to help heal them.

Eventually he became the administrative director of Arkham Asylum. Even though it didn't hurt that his name was on the front gate, most of his colleagues agreed that he deserved the position. It was at some time during his tenure in this post that dealing with Gotham's most insane individuals, the constant escapes, and the ever present stress of running such an important facility finally took their tole. An entirely separate personality began to form in the back of Jeremiah's subconscious, eventually a mass breakout from Arkham along with the large amounts of damage to the facility that the breakout caused was the final straw needed to shatter Jeremiah's sanity. The slowly growing personality in his mind came to maturity, and claimed the mantle of The Black Mask, which had been vacated by the death of Roman Sionis, as its own.  Since that day both personalities have struggled to live with one another, keep their condition secret, and find some way to assert total dominance and control over the body they share.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Batman4560

Croc and Harvey are both approved.

Kadigan

Throwing out an interest for Harley, if it doesn't conflict with Fem Joker. Should have something up later today. Wurk. Ugh.

Sirian Eve

Gotham Sirens it is then!!!

Juggtacular

Name: Jean-Paul Valley Jr.

Alias: Azrael

Race: Genetically Modified Human

Orientation: Straight

Height: 6'2

Weight: 210lbs

Personal Effects:
Suit of Sorrows: The Suit of Sorrows is a mystical suit of armor created in 1190 during the Crusades. It grants it's wearer phenomenally increased strength and speed, yet the suit itself corrupts the mind if the wearer is not pure of heart, driving them mad until they part with it.

Sword of Salvation: The Sword of Salvation appears to be a longsword that is surrounded by an aura of smoky blueish-white energy. Along with it's twin, the Sword of Sin, the Sword of Salvation exists as a pair of magical blades, forged along with the Suit of Sorrows. Salvation aside from acting as a normal, unbreakable blade, can also conjure the truth of a matter in the mind of the victim and wielder. It is said(and true) that the blade cannot harm the pure hearted.

Sword of Sin: The Sword of Sin like it's twin blade manifests as a longsword; the only difference is Sin is covered in a fiery aura as opposed to Salvation's smoky one. Those struck with Sin are forced to recognize all of the sins they are guilty of and those they haven't repented for yet. Used on a target at the same time as the Sword of Salvation, it can bring up both the sins & guilt and the reasons behind them in the mind of the target and the wielder.

Personality: For a time, Jean-Paul suffered from a genetically engineered form of Dissociative Personality Disorder built into him in utero by the Order of St. Dumas. Jean-Paul was kind, mild mannered, quick witted; a bit of a computer nerd. He was an all around good guy who seemed to have a lot going for him. Then there was Azrael, the persona that only manifested when he actually wore the Azrael suit. Azrael on the other hand was militant, ruthless and archaic in his methods(due to being engineered by a holy order who still followed old ways) After working with the Bat family, Jean-Paul has overcome his programming and is now a mentally healthy individual.

Extra: Genetic engineering as well as subliminal training and brain washing by the Order of St. Dumas has granted Jean-Paul enhanced physical capabilities as well as elite fighting skills.

Photo:

Brief Backround: Jean-Paul Valley is the latest in a long line of assassins dedicated to an offshoot of the Knights Templar known as the Order of St. Dumas. For 500 years the men in his family had worn the mantle of Azrael, the Angel of Death. His father Ludovic was the current Azrael, and Jean-Paul was literally built from the ground up to act as his replacement. From his conception, genetic modifications(including adding animal DNA to his genome) were done on Jean-Paul to make him stronger, faster, capable of taking far more punishment and healing faster than a normal man.

And from an extremely young age, he was indoctrinated, brainwashed, and trained by the secret order. This continued well into his teenage years before he began to become unstable. Training was halted and he went about his normal life, being none the wiser. He graduated high school with honors and went to Gotham University to study Computer Programming and Engineering. Then one night his dad came home in a funky suit and covered in blood.

He told JP everything, and while he wanted to warn his son away from the dangerous life of a holy assassin, his dying words were misconstrued. After burying him where he wouldn't be found at his request, Jean-Paul headed to Switzerland and began proper training with the Order of St. Dumas. They made him into a fully realized agent of Dumas' will. After being Azrael for some time, he encountered Batman and the Dark Knight became a positive influence in Jean's life and he came to see the Bat Family as an extended family. He saw that vengeance didn't need to include cold blooded murder and eventually he broke his ties with the organization. He continues to fight crime as Azrael, but under his own terms.

Kadigan

Still interested and still working on it, life has been kicking me hard lately.

Batman4560

If you have been approved feel free to post in the OOC thread. Jugg I'll be looking at your Jean-Paul sometime today.

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Batman4560

Just got home so I'll be checking that out soon.

Orange Marmalade

Here's my slightly twisted version of Deadshot as a mercenary/antihero - mixed up his history from a few of his various incarnations.

Name: Floyd Lawton

Alias: Deadshot

Orientation: Bisexual

Height: 6'1

Weight: 202lbs

Personal Effects:
Wrist-Mounted Guns with varying types of ammunition depending on the situation, can also fire grappling hooks for travel.
Body Armor - general full body protective armor, capable of fending of bullets, explosions and other trauma (see photos). The visor and helmet also dramatically increase his senses.
Various other weapons - If it goes boom or bang, he probably has it.

Personality:
When on the job Deadshot is a perfect professional. He does exactly what is required, and gets it done every single time. When it comes to his job he's motivated by money, and his word.

Off the job he is, at times, driven to clean up the city, intent on leaving it a better place. At other times he seems defeated, feeling as if he failed at the most important parts of his life and having a bit of a deathwish. He rarely does much to have fun and spends most of his time working or watching over what remains of his living relatives in the city. Part of him wishes he had the time to live life like a normal person, or to properly raise his son, but the bit of him rarely surfaces.

Extra:
Deadshot has one teenage son (Edward), born when Deadshot was far too young to become a father. His son was given up for adoption and does not know his father, though Deadshot and he have met several times with the youngster none the wiser about who the older man was.

He is perhaps the best sniper known to man and can pull of impossible shots with little effort.

Photo:

Brief Backround:
Growing up, Floyd was often overshadowed by his older brother (Edward) who seemed to be good at everything that Floyd wasn't. He lashed out at the good image his brother presented and instead became the classic fuck up younger brother, getting into any kind of trouble you could think of. This problem was only compounded by the fact that their father was abusive to both them and their mother. As a young teenager he fathered a son which was given up for adoption, something he always regrets.

Several years later Floyd & Edward's mother, broken by years of abuse, asked them to kill their abusive father.  Edward agreed but Floyd refused. Deciding to go ahead without Floyd, Edward made plans to kill his own father. Floyd made it his mission to stop him, not because of any love for their father but because he did not want Edward to ruin his future. Interrupting the would be killing, Floyd attempted to shoot the gun out of Edward's hand. Instead, the branch upon which Floyd was perching broke, causing his shot to miss and instead kill his brother.

At that point Floyd left, attempting to throw his life away but instead falling in with the wrong crowd - and then the more wrong crowd, and eventually his fearless deathwish got him noticed (and made him particularly effective at his profession). Over the next decade he worked and trained as an assassin, become one of the world's best and even gaining the attention of the League of Assassins, though he never joined. But part of him yearned to return to Gotham, and he did so. There he sought out his son and made the choice to make it his mission to clean up the streets using any methods necessary as well as to build a massive fund to take care of his son, knowing eventually that his missions will be the end of him and that money will be all he can leave for his legacy.

In current days, Deadshot alternates his time between taking 'jobs', violently cleaning up the streets, and watching over his son.

Batman4560

Looks good Orange, feel free to post IC and OOC.

Orange Marmalade