Thinking of running again: D&D, or Maid? [Humanoid Bondage/Consensual]

Started by kongming, August 01, 2011, 06:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SomeGuy

That works, once we get stat generation nailed down I should have my sheet up shortly.

Ixy

TheGlyphstone

frost rose

I've been assuming 75 linear point buy, as I am filled with so much hate for the usual kind of point buy, and so far I haven't been smacked down for it while showing off successive character revisions, so I'm leaning towards probably that?

I would also be curious, how are we going to be coordinating backgrounds, that we don't have to all meet and spend fifty posts saying "Yo, I'm Clark!"? Or, alternately, have everyone but one person know each other, and have the last end up as an initial plot hook, or something of that nature.
There was a SIGNATURE here.

It's gone now.

TheGlyphstone

Well, Someguy and I make an obvious pregame pairing - a prototype 'jack needs an experienced Warcaster to handle it.

Kunoichi

I built my tentative character sheet around 32 point buy, myself, though it should be easy enough to change if we go with another option. ^^;

As far as how our characters all know one another, I don't really have any thoughts about the other characters, but one idea that occurred to me after reading Ainsley's backstory was to have Margaret be the latest in the long line of 'friends' that she's picked up and left behind in the course of her travels.  We might even be able to inject a little bit of humor, with the dragon being the one that she just can't seem to get rid of, for whatever reason...

Ixy

I believe Kongming's providing an array or non-tiered point buy. 

I would love to link up backgrounds so most, if not all, of us know each other.  Please let me know if you can see a connection here:

Justine Monteleone has:
-History-
Justine was born in Ord.  She has seen the best and the worst of its cities, has worked her way to Five Fingers, where her modest family worked and lived, through Midfast where she came of age.  Eventually, she made her way to Caspia where she now makes her home. 
She worked her way up as an opportunistic accessory to organized criminals, then eventually made connections to low-level politicians and merchant guilds, offering services as social companions, trade negotiator, and eventually private bodyguard.  She shows an incredible gift for negotiation and social diplomacy, making her relatively wealthy for a girl born in the refinery district.
She learned to fight first from thugs and street criminals in her family.  Her brothers and friends looked out for her, teaching her the dirty-fighting combat that one must know in a district like her first home.  Her true calling, however, became clear during a prolonged and torrid affair that Justine shared with a master pirate from the Scharde Islands; she showed incredible finesse with a blade and a graceful confidence, taking her from the boardroom and bedroom to the chambers of the wealthiest, most corrupt, and most powerful houses in Cygnar.

-Personality-
Justine is amiable and personable, flirtatious without being slutty, polite without being condescending, and confident without being utterly arrogant.  She will generally go out of her way to be polite to everyone, and as such has allies in almost every corner of Sharn.  She has a firm sense of justice that may, at times, interfere with her ability to remain impartial, but in general she manages to stay out of trouble.
Her loyalty, charm, beauty, and position earn her a few enemies from time to time, but more often than not she's considered a sort of local heroine.

frost rose

Quote from: Kunoichi on August 26, 2011, 03:06:56 PM
As far as how our characters all know one another, I don't really have any thoughts about the other characters, but one idea that occurred to me after reading Ainsley's backstory was to have Margaret be the latest in the long line of 'friends' that she's picked up and left behind in the course of her travels.  We might even be able to inject a little bit of humor, with the dragon being the one that she just can't seem to get rid of, for whatever reason...

Hee, come to think, Ainsley fairly easy to mesh with. Likewise, it's very easy to imagine her having crossed paths with Justine before, given that they have both historically run in somewhat seedy circles, and both seem affable enough, so chances are they would have gotten along. Granted, these might not be strong bonds, I'm not sure, it's still an improvement.

I guess it depends on what we're doing. I tend to think of there being a reason for being more than just acquaintances, and that requires some thought and backstory, which could be done, or we could use this just to cut out introductions, and use the first actual adventuring as what cements the relationship?

I'm not sure about the other two, although they themselves are a natural pair. (Trio?)

It's gone now.

SomeGuy

Quad, Warcaster requires leadership so I have a cohort too.

Kunoichi

TheGlyphstone

What's your cohort going to be, SG? I was planning on a quirky, Wrench-Wench-ish Arcane Mechanik, but a Priest/ess? of Cyriss would also fit (and give us a limited source of healing magic).

Kong: Would you allow a feat slot to be spent on changing a Priest of Cyriss's key casting stat (and thus the stat-based cap on safe healing) to Intelligence? Also, thoughts on adding the Repair X Damage spells to either the Arcane Mechanik spell list, or the divine spell list for Cyriss clerics? And finally, page 237 of the IKCS talks about specific abilities of a Cyriss cleric - is it just me, or is the Enhanced Training ability kinda crazy? With an Int 18, a level 8 cleric would have a +16 innate bonus to all Knowledge and Craft checks.

kongming

Okay, ability scores can be any of the following:
1. This array: 15 15 15 14 13 11 (obviously you can rearrange as you wish)
2. 32 point-buy, if you really want to do it that way
3. 75 point-buy, using the alternate way (starting at 0, 1-for-1)

Glyphstone: Sure, call it "Religious Scholar", it changes Int to the casting stat and adds a +3 Competence bonus on Knowledge: Religion, as well as opening all Knowledges up as Class Skills.

Arcane Mechanik and Cyriss Clerics can both have Repair X Damage, yeah. It makes sense, after all.

...and that's pretty crazy, that bonus. It should probably be "equal to your class level or Int, whichever is lower."
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

SomeGuy

Hm, well 1 is the equivalent of 38 point buy or 83 of 1-for-1 but is to unfocused. 75 1-for-1 is simply better then 32 unless you plan to stick in the range that the array would be better at anyways (14/14/14/14/14/10).

10/10/10/10/17/18 or possibly 10/10/10/11/16/18 seems like the best setup for me.

Ixy

so, will the steamjack have any personality, or is it essentially a construct?

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Ixy on August 27, 2011, 05:17:32 AM
so, will the steamjack have any personality, or is it essentially a construct?

Whistlin' Steve has Int 14/Wis10/Cha10 - for all that it can't talk, it will definitely have a personality. What that is I dunno quite yet...an aspect of it, at least, depends on the Arcane Bond - what bit of the Warcaster's personality Someguy thinks would be most likely to leak through.

Ixy

SomeGuy

Glyph, just do what you whatever you want with your cohort. I don't really have anything in mind, and would in fact be just as happy without leadership entirely.

TheGlyphstone

I'll be going with the Priest then, so we have at least a little free healing.

Still want your thoughts on the Bond, though - that really is an important connection between your 'caster and the 'jack. I'd read your sheet and guess, but you don't have one, so I don't know what would be the most powerful/potent personality trait she has.

Proposed Fantastic Crafting Tome feat:
The items that flow from your fingers are the stuff that legends are written about.
0: You gain a +3 bonus on all Craft checks.
4: Ranks in any one Craft skill may be applied to any other Craft skill that you have at least 1 rank in.
9: Gain Item Creation feats equal to your Intelligence modifier, as long as you meet all other prerequisites.
14: Constructing an item costs 25% less in raw materials, time, or XP.
19: You make progress on Craft checks at an hourly rate, instead of a daily rate.

Since i don't have the least idea how crafting works in a game without WBL for magic items and unlimited requisition of nonmagical items, the whole thing is more for flavor than anything - but I figured the assigned attendant of an experimental warjack should have Craft Mechanical Construct and Craft Cortex at minimum, plus Craft Cyriss-Tech for being in the Cult of Gears, but that would have soaked my entire feat allotment into things I'd likely never use.

Kunoichi

I'll stick to 32 point buy for my character. ^^; The Silver Dragon class has some MAD issues, even with the ability score boosts, so I'll need all those 14s to get a decent stat spread.

TheGlyphstone

Let's see what a Heavy Jack's basic chassis measures up to on the 1-1 scale, including the Heuristic Cortex upgrade:

Str 30 + Dex 9 + Con - + Int 14 +Wis 10 +Cha 10. Huh, 73 points, almost exactly on. Guess I'm all set then.

SomeGuy

I've been thinking about that a bit, and was thinking mostly calculating and somewhat detached but can sometimes be angered easily (influenced by circumstances but also merely whimsy and mood to some degree) where she'll become very aggressive and destructive.

I'll post what I have of my character sheet currently, and I'll probably get an Arcane Mechanik if you're going with priest then.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name: Mara Ryland
Race: Human (Thurian)
Class: Marshall 1/Warmage 1/Eldritch Knight 5/Warcaster 3
Physical Appearance:

Speed: 30ft (55ft in armor)

AbilityBaseTotal
Strength1010
Constitution1313
Dexterity1010
Wisdom1010
Intelligence2226
Charisma1414

HP: (1d12 + 9d6 + 10)

AC: 28 (+15 Armor, +3 Shield)

Feats: Combat Casting, Iron Will, Command, Intelligent Fighter
Bonus Feats: Subtle Magic, Mage Slayer

Special Abilities: Battle Shout, Healing Injuries, Inspire Bravery, Elemental Exchange, Familiar, Martial Focus, Somatic Skill, Arcane Strike, Channel Spell, Enduring Spell, Warcaster Focus, Journeyman Training

BAB: +8
Base Saves: +7 Fort, +6 Reflex, +11 Will
Adjusted Saves: +8 Fort, +6 Reflex, +14 Will

SkillRanks  Total
Concentration1314
Craft (Mechanika)513
Diplomacy911
Heal44
Intimidate1012
'Jack Handling44
Knowledge (History)1321
Knowledge (Arcana)1321
Listen1010
Search210
Survival55
Spellcraft1321
Spot1313

Attacks: Caspian Battleblade +20/+15 (2d4+5d6+4/x3)

Armor: Mechanikal Warcaster Adamantine Carapace of Mind Shielding

Arcane Turbine: Provides 8 Charges per round
Power Field Generator: ?? (cost dependent with no apparent limit) 1 Charge
Mechanikal Assist: Speed +35ft, 7 Charges

Major Equipment: Caspian Battleblade of Sharpness, Goggles of Intelligence, Ring of Sustenance, Firebox of Perpetual Motion (firebox that conjures water and coal for itself), Crystal Shield

Lesser Equipment: Frame Backpack, 2 Small Magnets, Tent, Bedroll, Masterwork Manacles w/ Amazing Lock, Mirror, 100ft of silk rope, 10 sunrods, 15 days of trail rations, 30ft of chain

Money: 1,000

Spells
Level  Per Day

History
Born in Bastion city, Mara was born to the Ryland family who had served in the city guard for generations, though recently some had begun seeking out a Letter or Marquis. They were a large family, though not nobles. The Ryland family has long held the 'outsiders' in disdain, seeing their city as not just the Bastion of Arcane but the true bastion of civilization and equality. They see the lands as being locked in a forever repeating cycle of catastrophes and betrayals, the Protectorate of Menoth in particular is reviled along with the Orgoth, which the Ryland family has kept the stories of for generations. For over 400 years Ryland children were brought up on horror stories of the Orgoth and the fact that they had merely been driven off and while the kingdoms continue to squabble the Orgoth have been rebuilding and studying the technologies that had been used to drive them out. They don't have any actual proof, but even the most disbelieving Ryland have conceded it was possible and the idea had a solid standing in logic.

Mara was always fascinated with the legends of Dragons, the tale of the Dragon Father wiping out an entire Orgoth fleet with such ease they didn't dare send another was intended as a prime example of power being in the hands of the irresponsible. Instead Mara took away a something different, I want power like that

Under the rule of King Vinter the Ryland family suffered a number of losses, their views on authority while not widely known were out there and the ever increasing paranoia of Vinter and the activity of the secret police resulted with a large number of family members disappearing. Combined with the ever increasing activity of the Cryx pirates and corresponding increase of activity by the Cygnaran navy which had a major presence in Ceryl resulted in a tense, if eventful, childhood. The Ryland family decided to stay in the guard as they feared the sudden withdrawal would only cause the rest of the family to disappear.

The defeat of Vinter at his brother's hands was welcome news, and the few surviving members of the Ryland family while grateful for Leto's actions were leery of the government. With the Letter's of Marquis as an option, most of the surviving family members sought to gain one though some stayed with the guard and some were unable to obtain a Letter and returned to the guard.

Despite the families misgivings about the government when she was old enough Mara entered service to the guard. She served for only a single tour before she began studying the arcane, which was far more accessible in Ceryl then almost anywhere else due to the strong presence of arcane orders and the acceptance of wizards by the population.

Intelligent Fighter and Subtle Magic are both from the Tome Repository, Big Feat Thread and [Metamagic] Feats Thread respectively.

TheGlyphstone

Sounds good - of the printed Bond options, I think Magnate fits the best - Steve is somewhat aware that it's a unique sort of 'jack, and has a hunger to prove itself; unless ordered otherwise, it'll attempt to engage the biggest, meanest-looking enemy in view (and becomes grumpy and distracted if ordered to swat smaller things instead). It's also a bit prideful, and turns aggressive and hostile towards people who insult it or belittle its abilities.

Bonus: Improved Bull Rush and Improved Overrun as bonus feats.
Flaw: Must be the first warjack given orders each round, or it makes its own decisions and singles out the greatest threat for attacks.
Alignment: Neutral Good/Neutral/Evil (decided by warcaster's moral alignment).

frost rose

I am undergoing a period of deep and abiding sadness. I've realised in my endless retweaking of my build (almost finalised pending approval I think!) that I am going to be seriously underperforming if I end up using a gun, unless I'm really missing something. A standard action to reload, and only one shot? Given that most of my damage is going to be coming from bonuses/sneak attack, I'll be better off with a bow, since my ROF will be four times as high, and growing as I gain levels. 2D4+6+5D6 just doesn't compare with 4D6+24+20D6. Which is sad and totally not the feel I wanted.  :-(

Damn you lack of revolvers!

It's gone now.

SomeGuy

Guns are bad on purpose, I don't know if it would work but... have you considered carrying a bunch of guns around in holsters where it's a free action to draw? While it's doubtful they'd all be of the same quality, minor ones would be doable as we go.

frost rose

Quote from: SomeGuy on August 27, 2011, 05:32:24 PM
Guns are bad on purpose, I don't know if it would work but... have you considered carrying a bunch of guns around in holsters where it's a free action to draw? While it's doubtful they'd all be of the same quality, minor ones would be doable as we go.

Sure, I can buy that they don't want guns to overshadow everything, but if they're worse in pretty much every way than bows, why did people start using them at all? It's sort of a, if you're going to put in something bad into a game that underperforms the things there beforehand, why put them in at all? kind of thing. Especially since these are supposed to be signature flavour items of the setting, and it looks like there's no particular reason to be using them compared to bows, unless I'm missing something.

And nah, while braces of pistols all over would in theory work, it'd be a serious bit of weight, and I'd run out of pistols before combat was over, more often than not.

Sadly, it looks like I'm going to have to use a bow, or rebuild to use melee. Or, I guess, be a drag on the party's DPS, but if we're going for a high performance party, that seems like a bad idea.

It's gone now.