City of Heroes - As Tomorrow Dies- (Ongoing Recruitment!)

Started by Xenolord, April 15, 2014, 09:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenolord

City of Heroes -As Tomorrow Dies-
Ongoing Recruitment!

The Story So Far...

Like September 11th, everyone in Paragon City remembers where they were November 30th, 2012. They called it 'The Day of Flame'. Recluse and his Arachnos organization launched a cheap, underhanded attack on Paragon City, knocking out the Mediporter system city-wide and attacking anyone who moved... Hero or Civilian. Thousands died, and even more were left scarred and wounded by the tide of villains and Spiders that flooded the streets. Recluse wanted a foothold in the Continental United States, and he found it in Paragon City. Rhode Island would become Rogue Island.

It's been two years since that day, and no one in Paragon has recovered. Longbow has set up the Arachnos DMZ in Paragon City... separating the Hero-Controlled Western Paragon City from the Arachnos-Controlled Eastern Paragon City. Anyone approaching the wall is shot on sight. No exceptions. For those living on the west side of the wall, life is still going on as normal. Heroes try to stem the tide of gang violence and brutality that has permiated Paragon City for years, while the Police do what they can to support. Longbow, the grunt-group of the Freedom Phalanx, is stretched thin enough keeping Arachnos from Western Paragon City. For those unlucky enough to evacuate before the Arachnos DMZ was established, life on the Eastern side of the wall is pure hell. Arachnos Agents patrol the street, making the beautiful jewel of a city tarnish and rust with each passing day. Villains have made the city their homes, robbing, pillaging and killing at will.

No matter which side of the wall you're on, East or West, continued life in Paragon City is not assured. With the destruction of the Mediporter System; the lifeline of many Heroes and Villains in Paragon, few are brave enough to venture into the DMZ and try to bring back order to Eastern Paragon City... the fear of death does wonders for the budding hero. Just when you can't think things can get worse... there's Paragon City's new... 'Magistrate'.

Introduction

Do I have you still? Welcome to 'As Tomorrow Dies', a City of Heroes Tribute RPG. There are two ways I could see As Tomorrow Dies going off, and which I choose (If I get the interest) is determined by you, the players! The first way I could see this going is a Civil-War style PvP game, utilizing a simple 2 dice system for combat, as well as simplified power sets for your characters (I'm still working on powers atm. Balancing is a bitch.). However, for you non-pvp people out there, I could also see it as an Evil Overlord style game, in which I, your humble GM, take control of Arachnos and every villain infesting the streets of Paragon City as you begin your crusade, as new or experienced heroes, to rid your once-beautiful city of their infectious taint.

The story follows the events of November 30th, 2012 (Former CoH players will remember this day as the day the game died), or The Day of Flame, in which Arachnos successfully destroyed Atlas Park and established a foot hold in Paragon City. During the Day of Flame, many of the core heroes you remember died, and a lot more were greviously wounded. Oh, don't worry. Arachnos suffered heavy losses too, including Three of their Four Patrons.

If you decide to play a PvP game, I will be your Villain GM, Xenolord. I have a Hero GM in the line up, but he's not agreed quite yet. For a PvP game, it will encompass a series of skirmishes to either further Arachnos' control over Paragon City, or attempt to reclaim it from evil. The system will be very basic, just enough to allow fair game over who wins and who looses.

For a Non-PvP game, I will be controlling every Villain that Recluse has at his disposal, and you will be forced to join forces with your fellow Heroes to fend off the tide of Spiders and Villains and reclaim your city! This game will not be using a system for most of it, with the exception of Arch Villain attacks, utilizing Power Rangers Cannon Fodder Troop mentality for the rest of it. Want to hack through a dozen Wolf Spiders in one hit? Do it.

What I'm Looking For:

Right now? Interest. Interest. Interest. I know a few people are running Super Hero games at the moment, and more are looking. Right now, I don't want any feedback on the game style, but I do want just people to say yes or no to interest in this. When I start getting more people, I'll start looking for feedback on game type, but for now, a simple 'I'm interested' is all I want!

I will be updating this when I get more thing sorted out, such as the actual system and some other things. In the meantime, I hope you'll join me in my tribute to one of the best MMO's I've ever played.

Metro Mech

Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
A/A <- check here if I haven't replied in some time
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
Behold my O/O

VonDoom

Sounds rather interesting, always enjoyed CoH/CoV when I played it in the past! I'd probably be up for either variant, pending further information.  :-)
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Batman4560

indarkestknight

I never had the chance to play CoH/CoV, but you have my interest.

Orval Wintermute

Ahh, CoH. Yes, I remember the good days.
Running around as Lvl 5-ish blaster, some random passer-by came over and handed me a Lvl 20 Enhancement for no reason what so ever. An enhancement that was 15 levels above me, that had to worth an absolute fortune, right?
What a noob.

Xenolord

Five people. Nice. That's enough for an entire team.

More details.

Ideally, what I'm looking for here is between five (for game 2) to ten (for game 1) people to take to the streets of Paragon City once more. For Game 1, one team will be GM'd by myself, and take on the role of the Villains of Eastern Paragon, while the other team; GM'd by my good friend ReijiTabibito, will take the roles of Heroes in Western Paragon City. Where it goes from there will be discussed amongst the players. (Conversely, if there is a non-pvp game, and people want to play villains, we can still do that.)

There will be one central antagonist for villains, and one central antagonist for heroes. Heroes will be matching wits with the Magistrate of Eastern Paragon, while the villains will be up against the Thunder Branch of the Freedom Phalanx, an Anti-Arachnos agency formed after the Day of Flame.

Sinestra

I am always up for anything City of Heroes... although, having the actual Ghost Widow claim me as her apprentice in game during one Midsummer's party has to be my favorite moment. :) Oh, forgive the potato-ness of the screenshot... it's not mine, but it's the only one of that very night that survived a few computer fires, so to speak.

"Sharessa" would be me... and of course, Virtue server. :) I have over 200gb of uncompressed video footage from the final day. I miss CoH so much. :(

So I guess count me in on this too.

Edit: The bone-winged character in question... because I'm geeking out and shamelessly plugging myself. http://www.deviantart.com/art/Handbook-Sharessa-80767134
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

Xenolord

Ah, man. Brings back so many memories... thanks for the trip down memory lane, Sinestra. If Sharessa want  to come back, Ghost Widow is the only original Arachnos Patron to survive, and I would be more then happy if she would resume her role as either villain or something else :D.

I, myself, will be using my own character from the game, so I'm more then happy to let you use yours, if applicable.

Orval Wintermute

When it gets round to creating characters are you going to be doing something that's loosely based on CoH's powers, classes and backgrounds?  I can't remember every last detail of ever power but then again I don't have to :
http://cityofheroes.wikia.com/wiki/City_of_Heroes_Wiki

Sinestra

Mutants and Masterminds 3rd Edition can simulate City of Heroes perfectly, if we're looking for a system-system... but from what I recall reading the initial post, we're looking for something simple. :)

And in terms of bringing back Sharessa... she had a few problems in that head of hers. Lol.

So... maybe. ;)
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

Xenolord

I will be using the CoH powers, as well as giving the ability to create your own, within reason. Origins are still the same, but there will be few Archtypes. The only real archetypes are Tanks, Blasters, Utility and Mastermind. Not sure yet  but may make Utility Hero Only and Mastermind Villain Only. Everything I say, as always, is up for discussion.

VonDoom

Hmm. I didn't play CoX until the end, so I might have missed a revision or two, but weren't there a lot more types? Offensive types that weren't tanks or blasters, stealth characters, the sort?
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Xenolord

You're right, there were. Like I said, everything's open for discussion, but I restricted the archetypes to generalizations. If you prefer the old system of the archetypes, we can go back.

Sinestra

Defenders
Scrappers / Stalkers
Controllers / Dominators
Blasters / Corruptors
Tankers / Brutes
Peacebringer & Warshade / Arachnos Spiders & Widows
Masterminds

I had Sharessa, a Necromancy / Dark Miasma Mastermind and my husband had a Titan Weapon / Invulnerability Brute named "Lord Ironbeef". A minotaur. He's very 'good' with names.

Although I mean I had lots of "Sharessa" named characters. I had her made as a Widow and as a Blaster even (barely played that version), all made because of storylines we were RPing at the time... infiltrating Paragon City or her training with Arachnos etc etc.

HairyHeretic

Mastermind was my favourite class. I had one of each primary set .. 7 I think by the end of the game. That being said, I was a definite altaholic .. I had my entire server allowance filled and then some :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

indarkestknight

While I am willing to learn the classification types and a system wouldn't deter my interest, I would prefer freeform to dicerolling in this instance.

Are powers that fall outside of the realm of the classification system verboten? For instance, I'm pretty sure that in a game like CoH/CoV, a power like Multiple Man from Marvel would be difficult to simulate.

Strifesblaze7

Is there a point where nobody cares

Sessha

Interest has been spurred here as well. I played CoH and I managed to get to an ok level before my subscrition expired and I was playing my Scapper with Broadsword and regen powers.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Xenolord

The problem with freeform in opposed to dice is one thing. If we go the PvP route, I don't want this to devolve into a Cowboys and Indians situation where one player's saying 'I hit you' and the other's saying 'You missed me'.

If we go a non-system version of this... you guys have to promise me to be fair to one another. Hit and be hit, miss and be missed. You have to promise me that you'll give each other fair game. If you guys can promise to do that for me, then I will certainly consider doing a freeform non-system.

I'm going to allow each person to play TWO characters. Only two. No more. They do not have to be of the same affiliation.

@Sinestra:
Thanks for posting the Archetypes up for me. Didn't have time while I was on work. If you couldn't tell, Blue is the Hero Archetype, and red the Villian.

As far as powers are concerned, a power like Multiple Man would be allowed, under the condition it follows Mastermind rules ( No more then 3-5 copies out at a time, unless you're burning a super powerful spell to create more)

I think I've got enough people interested to be able to throw up a character sheet. So.

Player:
Character Name: (Character's Real Name)
Alias: (Hero/Villain Alias)
Threat: (Don't put anything here. We'll get to that in a bit.
Picture/Description: (Pictures preferred. No, they do not have to be from CoX.)
Affiliation: (Freedom Phalanx or Arachnos)
Archetype: (Set up with Origin then Archetype. Ex: Natural Scrapper)
Primary Power Set:
Secondary Power Set:
Sexual Orientation: (Straight, Bi, Pan, Gay, Lesbian, Unknown)
Turn Ons: (Character's turn ons, not necessarily yours.)
Turn Offs: (See Above)
Personality:
Background:
Motto:

Here's mine:

Player: Xenolord
Character Name: Sera Fields
Alias: Sailor Apocalypse
Threat:
Picure: Aside, plus black bone wings on her back.
Affiliation: Arachnos
Archetype: Magic Earth Control Tanker
Primary Power Set: Earth Control
Secondary Power Set: Regeneration
Sexual Orientation: Unknown, presumed lesbian due to first hand reports of bank robberies.
Turn Ons: Fighters, people who aren't afraid to show their true faces.
Turn Offs: Cowards
Personality: Sailor Apocalypse is one of the most public of Recluse's closest agents, described as outward and friendly, despite her combat reputation.
Background: Sailor Apocalypse was born Sera Fields to Doctor Jake Fields and Marie Fields. Her mother died in childbirth with their youngest daughter, Arca (Deceased). When Sera was nine, her father took her and her sister to his Supradyne Lab due to lack of babysitters. ON that day, however, the Trolls decided to raid the facility for their daily fix. Doctor Fields had three assistents in the facility, all of which were killed in the initial attack. Doctor Fields tried to protect his children, but died in the process, along with his youngest. Fleeing, Sera managed to survive, bringing PPD units on the scene. She was scooped up by the Midnighter Squad after showing extreme magical aptitude.

Ten years later, Sera Fields returned to Paragon City after years studying abroad as a hero... Sailor Earth. Following an ancient path of justice, Sera dedicated the next three years of her life to protecting the city, until the day she found the Troll responsable for her Father's death. However, upon bringing him in for a trial, he was released due to 'lack of evidence.' Sailor Earth... went insane.

She returned to Paragon City Hall that night, drenched head-to-toe in the Troll's black blood, he once-brown costume dyed an eternal midnight black. Sailor Earth died that day... and as the survivors of that bloody August night will tell you, the black Apocalypse began. She fled to the Rogue Islands that night, and few dare to speak of Paragon-Side sightings of her.

Sailor Apocalypse lead the Arachnos attack on Paragon City November 30th, 2012 - The Day of Flame, where she went toe-to-toe with Statesman.
Motto: 'I am Sailor Apocalypse! The Sailor Suited Soldier of Chaos and Disorder! In the name of Mother Nature's righteous fury, I shall crush you beneath her powerful grasp!' / 'Apocalypse Chaos Prism Power! Make Up!'

Player: Xenolord
Character Name: Melody Rae
Alias: Hardrock Hallelujah
Threat:
Picture: Aside, with her Harem
Affiliation: Arachnos
Archetype: Natural Necromancy Mastermind
Primary Power Set: Necromancy
Secondary Power Set: None
Sexual Orientation: Presumed Straight
Turn Ons: Unknown
Turn Offs: Unknown
Personality: Hardrock Hallelujah has two very distinct personalities. Melody Rae (Nothing summoned) is a happy-go-lucky girl, your typical 18 year old. However, when she summons her Harem, Hardrock Hallelujah takes over, and she becomes a blood-thirsty, sadistic bitch.
Background: Reno, Nevada. High-schooler Melody Rae was your typical nerd. Shunned and mocked for her style of dress and music, she was an outcast. However, one day as she walked to school, a Singing Demon emerged from the gymnasium and sang to her, telling her of a time when the shunned and the outcast shall become kings... and in that day, the Singing Demon bestowed upon her the ability to reanimate the bodies of any slain human around her to fight for her.

Arachnos scooped her up after her Harem, as she calls them, slaughtered the population of the entire school. Arachnos classifies her as a Class Omega threat, a Villain capable of, if she ever desired, destroying all of Arachnos with little to no problem. It is for this reason that she is pampered within the walls of Arachnos.
Motto: 'Those true believes / Thou shalt be saved / Brothers and sisters / Keep strong in the faith / on this day of Rockening it's who dares, wins / You will see the jokers soon will be the new kings!'

indarkestknight

I can promise to be fair, but I'm just one person, and I can roll with system if the majority prefer it. It isn't make or break.

Orval Wintermute

Quote from: HairyHeretic on April 17, 2014, 05:15:23 PM
Mastermind was my favourite class. I had one of each primary set .. 7 I think by the end of the game. That being said, I was a definite altaholic .. I had my entire server allowance filled and then some :)
I remember my great and powerful Mastermind; Major Roadworks with his favourite minion Private Roads  ;D

Quote from: Xenolord on April 17, 2014, 07:49:13 PM
If you couldn't tell, Blue is the Hero Archetype, and red the Villian.
Unless you start out as a Hero, become a Vigillante and then turn Villian.
Or is that just getting way too complicated ?

Xenolord

Due to the events of the Day Of Flame, as far as Paragon City is concerned, all Non-Registered Meta Humans are villains in league with Arachnos.

'Paranoia' City:

After the Day of Flame, Paragon's policy concerning Super-Powered Individuals (Meta-Humans) changed dramatically. If a person is found to be inhuman in any way, they are given ten days to register with the Freedom Phalanx as a Hero. If they fail to register within 10 days, the Phalanx considers them Villains, and they are thrown (literally in most cases) over the Wall into Eastern Paragon.

Shodan's Betrayal:

One of the major catalysts to The Day of Flame was the betrayal of the Hero Shodan. Shodan was a well-known hero who had an understanding of technology greater then any. Her signature was turning the security systems of buildings against their inhabitants, locking all outside exits, and calling PPD. Because she operated remotely, and communicated only via proxy, no one had ever met Shodan.

At 6:11 AM, November 30th, Shodan cut power to the Mediporter System and the Rikti War Walls across Paragon City, causing city-wide panic and a flood of Alien Rikti to compliment the flood of Arachnos. At 7:47 AM, it was discovered the signal to shut down the walls came from Grandville in the Rogue Islands. Shodan had been on Arachnos' payroll the whole time.

Aegis:

The Aegis organization rose from the tattered remains of the once-powerful Vanguard. When the Rikti War Walls came down, the Vanguard was overrun across the Rikti War Zone, and crushed. Those who survived learned their destruction was associated to a Villain in their ranks, Walpugisnacht, who aided Arachnos to destroy the pro-hero organization.

Embittered by the betrayal, the Vanguard dissolved and gave birth to the xenophobic Aegis. Aegis is against all non-humans and Meta-Humans; hero and villain alike. They utilize much of the Anti-Meta-Human technology in use by the PPD, but against all.

Patricide:

Three of the Four Arachnos Patrons were killed during the Day Of Flame.

Sirroco. Betrayed Arachnos after ingesting water from the Well of the Furies. Impaled by Sailor Apocalypse atop Atlas Park's city hall spire.

Black Scorpion. Killed by the Hero Total Brollicaust.

Captain Mako. Slain in Independence Port by the Hero Amber Slash.

Broken Ranks:

Most of the Freedom Phalanx died that day. Surviving members include: Statesman, Sister Psyke, and Back-Alley Brawler.

From Pawn To King:

Ghost Widow and Recluse replaced two of the slain Patrons with Ghost Widow's apprentice, and the villain Sailor Apocalypse.

Reinforcement:

Any hero who joins the Freedom Phalanx is immediately a member. Many heroes stepped up to replace the slain heroes.

Battleground: Paragon:

Ever since that day, Paragon City has been declared a state under Martial Law. No one is allowed inside or put of Rhode Island.

Metro Mech

Currently looking for a RP? Why not give my Thread a little look see, see if you can't find something you like?
Behold my O/O

Metro Mech

Player: Godric the Radical
Character Name: Alexander
Alias: Judicator
Threat: (Don't put anything here. We'll get to that in a bit.
Picture/Description:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Affiliation: Free Phalanx but a very loose affiliation
Archetype: haste semi-magic swordmaster Stalker
Primary Power Set: Magic Sword mastery
Secondary Power Set: Speed and air dashing
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Turn Ons: When he is in the dominating position most of the time
Turn Offs: Anything with gore and scat
Personality:Alexander was and always will be a loner for the most part and his personality reflects that but those that get into his circle find a completely different being then the cold hearted man. When you get on his better side then you will see a man who is very devoted to his own path and will always be with they glory that comes with his path.
Background: He came to be when the organizations devised a plan for a super soldier that would follow every single one of their orders. He was to be designed to be a killing machine. Alexander was bred in a test tube while they mixed the DNA of fast animals and famous sword masters into one embryo. He was raised by the staff there but he was slowly gaining awareness. The organizations that formed him soon began to fear him for his power. They ordered his death but he soon escaped, after gaining full awareness he learned that he was going to bring peace his own way through the use of good. Later he learned to use his weapon with the magic that had been imbued with power of the energy around them. He could protect the energy into many different abilities.
Motto: "I pull your strings to truly show you your powerlessness, but my blade will do a better job at showing that."
Behold my O/O